Is Garrett Grayson worthy of a first round draft pick?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Is Garrett Grayson worthy of a first round draft pick?

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:48 am

I don't think the drop-off from Winston/Mariota to him is as big as the media would have us believe. I know he was mediocre when he came to Alumni this year, but hear me out.

Grayson is not as tall as Winston & Mariota, but he is still 6-2 220 and his hands are bigger than Winston's and Mariota's.

One of the major criticisms of Grayson is that he has tunnel vision, but Winston and Mariota are no better in this regard. Each of their #1 targets had at least double the number of receptions than the #2 receiver and all three had completion percentages in the mid-60s.

Critics say Grayson's YPA is inflated by his receivers' high YAC numbers. That is unfair considering the WR talent at FSU & Oregon versus Colorado State.

Scouts also fault Grayson's mechanics, but he proved that he can learn new mechanics during the 2014 off-season.

I don't think Grayson is a top 15 pick, but if you need a QB and he's available in the bottom half of the first round, you roll the dice on him.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Re: Is Garrett Grayson worthy of a first round draft pick?

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:52 am

Texans at 16?

Broncos at 28.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Return to Alumni Stadium