2015 Spring Practice

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2015 Spring Practice

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:55 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:McClary to DB
Strizak to DE
Lezzer to SS
Rich to OL

If Strizak is playing DE (presumably in pass rush situations) is Ty Schawb the new OLB?

Lezzer looked good last year in limited time.

I was thinking same thing. I thought Lezzer had a nice future at LB, kind of surprised by this. No opinion on the McClary switch, just wonder what it says about the group of receivers (either good depth or McClary just can't catch the ball, a 6'3 receiver is a pretty big asset to bail on if there is any hope for him to mature at the position).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:08 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Strizak to DE
Lezzer to SS
Rich to OL

If Strizak is playing DE (presumably in pass rush situations) is Ty Schawb the new OLB?

Or Joy I guess. We are actually pretty thin at LB now. Don't really understand the Stizak move.

Strachan/Joy/Schwab pushing for the WLB spot? I assume Daniels is in the middle and Milano probably has the other spot right?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Bunratty on Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:12 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Strizak to DE
Lezzer to SS
Rich to OL

Or Joy I guess. We are actually pretty thin at LB now. Don't really understand the Stizak move.

Strachan/Joy/Schwab pushing for the WLB spot? I assume Daniels is in the middle and Milano probably has the other spot right?

That seems about right. Probably add Jimmy Martin to the mix, as well. They seem to be very high on him.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:59 pm

Eric Hoffses posted an overview on EA. Mentioned that Sean Duggan and Chase Rettig are joining the staffs as graduate assistants
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Shaddix on Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:16 pm

Did Brian Miller (Andover TE) ever transfer or what is the deal with him?
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby 31southst on Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:38 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:Did Brian Miller (Andover TE) ever transfer or what is the deal with him?

I think injuries but not 100% sure.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby StratEagle on Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:39 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:Did Brian Miller (Andover TE) ever transfer or what is the deal with him?

He was off the team and working at MA's last I remember if I have the right guy in mind.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:42 pm

Strizak to DE
Lezzer to SS
Rich to OL

McClary (former wr), Strizak (former lb), lezzer (former lb)... What was rich's former position?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby 31southst on Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:05 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Strizak to DE
Lezzer to SS
Rich to OL

McClary (former wr), Strizak (former lb), lezzer (former lb)... What was rich's former position?

TE
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby NJM89 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:36 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
Strizak to DE
Lezzer to SS
Rich to OL

TE

Love the McClary move wonder if he will play CB having a big physical corner would be nice to have. There is a lot of bodies at WR with the last two recruiting classes so we might even see another moving to defense too. I think Rich will move back to TE once the five true freshman lineman are in town. We probably only have like 7 healthy lineman for the spring without Harris.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby basselope on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:46 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
Strizak to DE
Lezzer to SS
Rich to OL

TE

Love the McClary move wonder if he will play CB having a big physical corner would be nice to have. There is a lot of bodies at WR with the last two recruiting classes so we might even see another moving to defense too. I think Rich will move back to TE once the five true freshman lineman are in town. We probably only have like 7 healthy lineman for the spring without Harris.

Joel Rich to C is a permanent move.
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby Bunratty on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:22 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
Strizak to DE
Lezzer to SS
Rich to OL

TE

At the recruiting dinner. Lempa said that McClary is at corner. Said he is 6'4" with extremely long arms.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:45 am

Bunratty {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
Strizak to DE
Lezzer to SS
Rich to OL

TE

At the recruiting dinner. Lempa said that McClary is at corner. Said he is 6'4" with extremely long arms.

That terrible drop he had in the VT game made me sad.

Tough playing CB at 6'4"
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 25GeraldRd on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:00 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Strizak to DE
Lezzer to SS
Rich to OL

Is Richard Wilson still an RB? Seems like an unnecessary amount of depth there.
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:24 am

Bunratty {l Wrote}:At the recruiting dinner. Lempa said that McClary is at corner. Said he is 6'4" with extremely long arms.

How was the recruting dinner?

Any CONTENT?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:38 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Tough playing CB at 6'4"

Richard Sherman, Brandon Browner
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:32 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Lenny Walls. Thus endeth the list.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:07 am

Whole lot a stupid in the comments at the Island of Misfit Posters regarding Wade at QB and how he didn't look good throwing last year. Must read.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:12 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Whole lot a stupid in the comments at the Island of Misfit Posters regarding Wade at QB and how he didn't look good throwing last year. Must read.

I thought Wade look phenomenal on a couple of his throws. The guy has the tools to succeed at this level and possibly the next. These guys obviously don't know football.

P.s. Are they pushing Flutie for QB? Maybe that's their agenda.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:24 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Bobby Taylor
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:25 am

Is it naively optimistic to think the McClary conversion is a positive sign on Borgersen? Or was the decision made before he showed up?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:36 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Whole lot a stupid in the comments at the Island of Misfit Posters regarding Wade at QB and how he didn't look good throwing last year. Must read.

I thought Wade look phenomenal on a couple of his throws. The guy has the tools to succeed at this level and possibly the next. These guys obviously don't know football.

P.s. Are they pushing Flutie for QB? Maybe that's their agenda.

Of course. Reverse racism theory going on over there. Like I said, whole lot a stupid at ATL's site
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:37 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Bobby Taylor

I'll give you that one, but he was listed at 6'3'' and they don't make em shorter, if you know what I mean.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:50 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Bobby Taylor

I'll give you that one, but he was listed at 6'3'' and they don't make em shorter, if you know what I mean.

every.single.thread
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:00 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Bobby Taylor

every.single.thread

not this.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Real Priapus on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:07 pm

Bunratty {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
Strizak to DE
Lezzer to SS
Rich to OL

TE

Sounds intriguing. You know what they say about a man with long arms.
Real Priapus
n00b

Postby eagletx on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:07 pm

25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Strizak to DE
Lezzer to SS
Rich to OL

Good question. I had read more than once last year coming in that Wilson may be the best of the bunch, most explosive, etc...So it begs the question why he didn't get time last year whereas the other frosh did....Maybe took him longer on playbook, maybe needed more time to adjust to academic environment, maybe the staff just thought they had enough and wanted to hold something back, I don't know. Be interested to see how he's used (if he stays around).
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:32 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:
25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Strizak to DE
Lezzer to SS
Rich to OL

Good question. I had read more than once last year coming in that Wilson may be the best of the bunch, most explosive, etc...So it begs the question why he didn't get time last year whereas the other frosh did....Maybe took him longer on playbook, maybe needed more time to adjust to academic environment, maybe the staff just thought they had enough and wanted to hold something back, I don't know. Be interested to see how he's used (if he stays around).

When Wilson was coming in, I read that he was a short yardage back and that he was a likely LB. I never read that he was more explosive than Hilliman and Outlow
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 25GeraldRd on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:16 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:
25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Strizak to DE
Lezzer to SS
Rich to OL

When Wilson was coming in, I read that he was a short yardage back and that he was a likely LB. I never read that he was more explosive than Hilliman and Outlow

Wilson's HS tape is quite impressive.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOq3IaZK5Ng[/youtube]

I'd have to think he is one of the better athletes on the team, seems like a waste to have him as the 4th string RB behind Hilliman/Outlow/Willis, especially given Sherm's touches (the games we decide to actually use him), the QB runs, and our stated desire to pass more this year, the 4th string RB is gonna get like 40-50 carries total all season. Why not put him at LB or DB and see what he can do? We have Rouse to be the 4th string RB to take those 40-50 carries and Gowins can redshirt. Tons of depth and not enough athleticism on the D, in my opinion. Hopefully he is utilized - just looking at his tape, imagine him in the Keyes/KPL role blitzing QBs, he'd be an absolute terror. The speed to get to the QB, the power to get through blocks. GIMME RICHARD WILSON ON D
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:08 pm

This tape (soph year highlights) lists Wilson as a RB/LB from HS, defensive tape starts at 3:30 ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fgq9b3UUzY
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium