2015 Spring Practice

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2015 Spring Practice

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:02 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:"3. BC prides itself on the fact that it is second to only Harvard in total number of sports. bC has a ridiculously high percentage of student participation in athletics. this is a nice tie-breaker when it comes students deciding between BC and another comparable school."

who in the world decided on BC because it has a high % of student participation in non-revenue athletics????

10% of BC students are varsity athletes.
For those 10%, im sure this was a relevant fact.
In an age where it is hard to differentiate between schools which are peers, I am sure this is a meaningful statistic.

I assume similar logic applies to the talented cultural, religious, and volunteering activities that BC is known for. The whole point is to get the best students on campus by appealing to what these students so desire. And, For this reaason, I'm actually surprised today's nerds haven't created a Saturday matinee club, a Friday night library study team, or a varsity Apple picking team. :ugeek:

I don't think I want to know the answer, but is there a Quidditch team?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:06 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:"3. BC prides itself on the fact that it is second to only Harvard in total number of sports. bC has a ridiculously high percentage of student participation in athletics. this is a nice tie-breaker when it comes students deciding between BC and another comparable school."

who in the world decided on BC because it has a high % of student participation in non-revenue athletics????

In an age where it is hard to differentiate between schools which are peers, I am sure this is a meaningful statistic.

I assume similar logic applies to the talented cultural, religious, and volunteering activities that BC is known for. The whole point is to get the best students on campus by appealing to what these students so desire. And, For this reaason, I'm actually surprised today's nerds haven't created a Saturday matinee club, a Friday night library study team, or a varsity Apple picking team. :ugeek:

I don't think I want to know the answer, but is there a Quidditch team?

I would be absolutely SHOCKED if there wasn't one.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:28 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

If I'm a field hockey player, why do I care that we have a women's ski team?

Or are you suggesting that the academic profile of our classes are enhanced because we are getting above average students that we otherwise would not have as a result of fielding these programs? If anything, I would expect the opposite to be the case and that said students (if they lean in either direction) are below the mean of an average kid who just gets into the school in terms of qualifications.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:38 am

This is anecdotal, but my observation was that the scholarship athletes in the non-revenue sports tended to be dumber on aggregate than the average non-athlete student. Not football player bad, but still bad.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:39 am

Sweet Jesus, hansen, make it club like the men's crew and sailing teams. They do fine.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:52 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:This is anecdotal, but my observation was that the scholarship athletes in the non-revenue sports tended to be dumber on aggregate than the average non-athlete student. Not football player bad, but still bad.

Which makes sense. Find me a school where you have to be MORE qualified than the average student to play a scholarship sport.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:03 am

tedwardo {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
What support do you have for this number????

hello, exactly
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:04 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
tedwardo {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

see teddy. hansen was a varsity athlete so he would know about things like numbers and percentages on top of knowing the best way to fit a rose (stem and all) up his ass

You were right, TRE. I don't know how I could have questioned the validity of your numbers. You are smart and tough and handsome and not at all fat.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
tedwardo {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

see teddy. hansen was a varsity athlete so he would know about things like numbers and percentages on top of knowing the best way to fit a rose (stem and all) up his ass

You were right, TRE. I don't know how I could have questioned the validity of your numbers. You are smart and tough and handsome and not at all fat.

while i know it's all true, it's still nice to hear
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:14 am

Didn't hansen run cross country? How is that shit a varsity sport?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:30 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Didn't hansen run cross country? How is that shit a varsity sport?

It's cheap as hell to run. A few pairs of shoes, some 4 inch long shorts and disposable razors for Hansen to shave his legs and you have a team.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:32 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Didn't hansen run cross country? How is that shit a varsity sport?

It's cheap as hell to run. A few pairs of shoes, some 4 inch long shorts and disposable razors for Hansen to shave his legs and you have a team.

Do they run all the way to clemson?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:56 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Do they run all the way to clemson?

i think they avoid meets with clemson because of the SPEED
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:17 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

I think they only do that swimming.
I have NEVER EVER shaven my legs.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:18 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

If I'm a field hockey player, why do I care that we have a women's ski team?

Or are you suggesting that the academic profile of our classes are enhanced because we are getting above average students that we otherwise would not have as a result of fielding these programs? If anything, I would expect the opposite to be the case and that said students (if they lean in either direction) are below the mean of an average kid who just gets into the school in terms of qualifications.

The latter.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:19 am

Track and field like :vader.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:19 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

I think they only do that swimming.
I have NEVER EVER shaven my legs.

See, our circle runners don't even take circle running seriously.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:20 am

tedwardo {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

hello, exactly

There's this new machine that they just invented called Google. The number is actually 9% but I pretended I was a lawyer for a second and stretched the truth.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:23 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:This is anecdotal, but my observation was that the scholarship athletes in the non-revenue sports tended to be dumber on aggregate than the average non-athlete student. Not football player bad, but still bad.

The average GPA of a student athlete at BC is higher than the average student.
I believe the graduation rate is higher as well.
Granted, this statistic is skewed due to the fact that most nag athletes are nerds but whatever.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:25 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

Granted, this statistic is skewed due to the fact that most nag athletes are nerds but whatever.

I wonder what % of the student athletes are in the school of ed
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:35 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

you're smarter than this.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:44 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

more like school of easy amirite?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:45 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

no he isn't - he was a circle running studen athlete
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:49 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

no he isn't - he was a circle running studen athlete

Pfffft, shows how much you know.
A track is an ellipse not a circle. :dildodog
Just sayin' is all

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:52 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

you are rite
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:08 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Or Comm majors.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:22 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

You ran the quarter?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:48 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

You ran the quarter?

i thought i remember hansen saying he excelled in the half a fehg
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:39 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:It sounds like the scrimmage was pretty rough for for the QBs, although helped by WRs not catching passes.

So we are clear, nobody from The Nexus attended the scrimmage - correct?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:43 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:It sounds like the scrimmage was pretty rough for for the QBs, although helped by WRs not catching passes.

So we are clear, nobody from The Nexus attended the scrimmage - correct?

I read about it. Decided to go to Providence instead for the hockey game, the fun adventure that was
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium