who will be the next offensive coordinator?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: who will be the next offensive coordinator?

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:48 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Steve Addazio {l Wrote}:I've decided to absorb the responsibilities of the Offensive Coordinator position into my own. I realized if you want to make sure that we only run the ball, you have to call the plays yourself. So, I'm going to be knocking down the wall between my office and Ryan Day's old office to create a single, enormous office. However, as a cost-cutting measure, I will only be taking 85% of the additional salary I'm entitled to. It's called self-sacrifice, people. Learn from this.

Or...name Fitch and/or Frye coordinator/s, with small raises and hire the best offensive line coach available at any level and pay him more than any other college program pays its offensive line coach. Market BC as the premier destination for any offensive lineman to learn the proper skills and technique to make it to the next level. Go all out with this offensive line marketing and do whatever's within NCAA rules - have offensive linemen camps, a History of Offensive Lineman Museum on Brighton Campus, former OL greats give speeches during practice, name Pete Kendall President of BC. Ultimately, have the very best offensive line in the country and in turn, the most dominant rushing attack. Then win National Championship.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:32 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Steve Addazio {l Wrote}:I've decided to absorb the responsibilities of the Offensive Coordinator position into my own. I realized if you want to make sure that we only run the ball, you have to call the plays yourself. So, I'm going to be knocking down the wall between my office and Ryan Day's old office to create a single, enormous office. However, as a cost-cutting measure, I will only be taking 85% of the additional salary I'm entitled to. It's called self-sacrifice, people. Learn from this.

Or...name Fitch and/or Frye coordinator/s, with small raises and hire the best offensive line coach available at any level and pay him more than any other college program pays its offensive line coach. Market BC as the premier destination for any offensive lineman to learn the proper skills and technique to make it to the next level. Go all out with this offensive line marketing and do whatever's within NCAA rules - have offensive linemen camps, a History of Offensive Lineman Museum on Brighton Campus, former OL greats give speeches during practice, name Pete Kendall President of BC. Ultimately, have the very best offensive line in the country and in turn, the most dominant rushing attack. Then win National Championship.

I think Frye is the best coach on this staff... well, him and Washington.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:15 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

This is the best and most unfeasable idea you've ever come up with
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DuxEagle26 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:20 am

I am 63.7% sure that mike marscovetra is currently unemployed
Where are my pants?

DuxEagle26
Carney Hall

Postby basselope on Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:52 pm

basselope
Campion Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:58 pm

He'd fit right in here because he'd work cheap. A monthly beer stipend would be his only requirement.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:59 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:

He'd fit right in here because he'd work cheap. A monthly beer stipend would be his only requirement.

He would preferred to be paid in services from fine Kostka lady.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:18 am

The silence in this search is really intriguing to me. In the past it's always seemed that some posters in the know would tease some names of interest and possible candidates. But there's been nothing so far.

Is the search really not underway yet?

Or is Daz just much better than previous regimes at keeping things under wraps?

Would imagine we'd want somebody in place before spring practice starts at the end of the month.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:23 pm

I'll give Uncle Dave credit for this:

A 2013 graduate from Boston College, Shinskie majored in human development. He has spent the last two years assisting students with physical and mental disabilities at the Boston College Campus School in Chestnut Hill, Mass. In his spare time, Shinskie also performs charitable work with the Knights of Columbus as a Third Degree Member.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:47 pm

If BC were to promote internally, I would assume it would have been done by now. But knowing our past staffing decisions, I'm still expecting a disappointment.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:04 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:If BC were to promote internally, I would assume it would have been done by now. But knowing our past staffing decisions, I'm still expecting a disappointment.

Unless they don't have the new position coach lined up yet and want to announce both at the same time.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:57 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:If BC were to promote internally, I would assume it would have been done by now. But knowing our past staffing decisions, I'm still expecting a disappointment.

Unless they don't have the new position coach lined up yet and want to announce both at the same time.

This.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:07 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

This.

Not sure I buy this.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:22 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

This.

Not sure I buy this.

I am convinced they are going to announce Fitch or Washington. I would prefer Washington, I feel like he is much more a face of the program. That ultimately means nothing but I think he might be better.

I think it's safe to say there will be an announcement before March, spring practices start the last week of February.

I hope they go out and wow us, but they won't because it's BC.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:53 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

This.

Not sure I buy this.

I am convinced they are going to announce Fitch or Washington. I would prefer Washington, I feel like he is much more a face of the program. That ultimately means nothing but I think he might be better.

I think it's safe to say there will be an announcement before March, spring practices start the last week of February.

Is spring practice early this year?
With this New England weather, I think they picked the wrong year to get after it so early in the calendar.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:17 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

This.

Not sure I buy this.

Is spring practice early this year?
With this New England weather, I think they picked the wrong year to get after it so early in the calendar.

as in years past, it's an easter thing. you either go early or you go dark for a week in the middle of your allotted time. Easter of April 5 makes either option awkward
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby joesim on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:30 am

Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel 4m4 minutes ago
Source: BC promotes Todd Fitch to OC. Hires former Florida assistant Brian White as WR coach. (@ThayerEvansSI)

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015 ... rian-white
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:34 am

let me know if this exciting news indicates the beginning of 10-2 season.

it doesn't feel like it to me but there seems to be bandwagon jumping much earlier than usual these days
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:35 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:let me know if this exciting news indicates the beginning of 10-2 season.

it doesn't feel like it to me but there seems to be bandwagon jumping much earlier than usual these days

Rookie QB. Otherwise I would expect 8 wins like ATL. Schedule sucks.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DrJackRyan on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:46 am

Whoever predicted the new hire would be a White guy really nailed.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:53 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:let me know if this exciting news indicates the beginning of 10-2 season.

Just to keep things clear, you are (remind Teddy to bring the cheesy blue carpeting and gold curtain rods):

militanteagle/notoriousorange and the one other optimistic poster are:

This is admittedly an imperfect analogy, but I wanted to compare TRE to Xerxes and am likely to later make a scissoring reference.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:55 am

White is supposed to be a very good recruiter, especially in Flordia.

Fitch has done a nice job recruiting in Florida also, although I find promoting our WR/Passing Game Coordinator curious
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:00 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:White is supposed to be a very good recruiter, especially in Flordia.

Fitch has done a nice job recruiting in Florida also, although I find promoting our WR/Passing Game Coordinator curious

Addazio more or less said that the OC is a role that he basically dictates, I'm fine with Fitch.

His replacement needed to be a good recruiter and it looks like White fits the role. He pulled some elite talent at Florida (especially in 2010 and 2013). Loosing Day means we need someone who can continue to recruit NJ, and it appears White has recently had some exposure to NJ and NY in addition to the southeast

Also, this is the guy that Urban turned in to the NCAA a few years ago
Last edited by BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:00 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:White is supposed to be a very good recruiter, especially in Flordia.

The QB can throw this year. Last year we needed the running up the middle coordinator at OC, which is what we had.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:03 pm

Not wowed, but also whatever.

As Daz made clear in the signing day presser, this is his show. The offense is his baby. An OC is only needed to take Daz's vision and call the specific plays. I don't think anybody really felt that after 2 years the offense needed to be completely overhauled, especially considering we're still trying to find the right personnel for Daz's dream scheme. So whatever, promote from within.

I also thought it odd to promote the WR coach considering how terrible our passing game was and how there was just about zero progress in it over the course of the last two years. But, then again, Fitch's job as a WR coach last year was basically to assist the running game. Maybe WR coach last year was great training to be OC of a spread option run-heavy offense.

So, again, not wowed but whatever. The team is headed in the right direction.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby QuailMan on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:04 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

Addazio more or less said that the OC is a role that he basically dictates, I'm fine with Fitch.

His replacement needed to be a good recruiter and it looks like White fits the role. He pulled some elite talent at Florida (especially in 2010 and 2013). Loosing Day means we need someone who can continue to recruit NJ, and it appears White has recently had some exposure to NJ and NY in addition to the southeast

Also, this is the guy that Urban turned in to the NCAA a few years ago

Outkick the Coverage has learned from sources in New York that Meyer and Ohio State turned in Florida assistant coach Brian White for an alleged improper "bump" violation related to the recruitment of Curtis Samuel, a running back/defensive back from Erasmus Hall High School in Brooklyn, N.Y.

Investigations into Ohio State's complaint this spring uncovered no wrongdoing, the sources said, but Samuel subsequently revealed Florida no longer is in his top five schools — while OSU is.

http://www.foxsports.com/collegefootbal ... ite-070213
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:38 pm

Lots of coaching experience with those two guys at some respectable programs.
I'm with teddy on this one. With a guy that can throw the pigskin at QB and Billy coming back, I think our passing game will be fine this year.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:51 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Just to keep things clear, you are (remind Teddy to bring the cheesy blue carpeting and gold curtain rods):

This is admittedly an imperfect analogy, but I wanted to compare TRE to Xerxes and am likely to later make a scissoring reference.

this from a guy with an aliass of cartman's hand that wants to jerk teddy off...
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:13 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

this from a guy with an aliass of cartman's hand that wants to jerk teddy off...

Shut up Xerxes
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:21 pm

I feel like the scissoring reference is going to be like in Hot Tub Time Machine when they wait in excitement for the dude's arm to get chopped off and then when it finally happens it's really disappointing. So like most of BC's coaching searches.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium