Ryan Day

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Ryan Day

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:58 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:Three guys I'd rather see are: Jags (OC Georgia State)

I'm willing to bet my (deflated) balls that this will never happen.

if vinny were still here, he could give us the straight poop on the jags separation contract. minus vinny, i think your hot tub wrinkled ass speaks the truth
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:00 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:has anyone checked on blogboy since the twitter news broke?

i'm also overly interested in siriuzkeeper's reaction to this announcement

Why?

because every once in a while you freak out about something stupid your philadephia eagles do. one can't predict which stupid thing will put you over the edge but you turn into sooperdoopersiriuz eagle and it's entertaining to me. kinda like when you dinguses used to wind me up against former posters of this website (that live in arizona)
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:01 pm

If we promote Fitch from within might as well hire SPP's head coach as an assistant. Wouldn't mind that at all. Talent trumps all.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:03 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:has anyone checked on blogboy since the twitter news broke?

i'm also overly interested in siriuzkeeper's reaction to this announcement

Why?

because every once in a while you freak out about something stupid your philadephia eagles do. one can't predict which stupid thing will put you over the edge but you turn into sooperdoopersiriuz eagle and it's entertaining to me. kinda like when you dinguses used to wind me up against former posters of this website (that live in arizona)

Oh right that.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:09 pm

I hope he gives Tyler Murphy some kind of NFL chance.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby lawrat on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:16 pm

lawrat
n00b

Postby EagleDave on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:19 pm

Where is the party and what can I bring?

Wasn't a fan when he was brought back with the Dazzler, but he worked out okay provided the team didn't get it self into any tight games. Then the Penn State game happened and sealed the need for him to move on.

Good riddance.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:34 pm

Herm Edwards
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:35 pm

Do we get a P5-level OC? Or an assistant from a P5-level program? Do we promote Fitch? He has 6 yrs total OC experience at the D1A level.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:54 pm

how are we gonna replace the guy who schemed for 6 weeks to keep the ball away from our most dynamic offensive player?!?!
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:55 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:Where is the party and what can I bring?

Wasn't a fan when he was brought back with the Dazzler, but he worked out okay provided the team didn't get it self into any tight games. Then the Penn State game happened and sealed the need for him to move on.

Good riddance.

Setting aside not getting Alston involved, what is your complaint with the bowl game?

It's a miracle this offense was as good as it was playing with OLinemen as WRs
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:16 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:Setting aside not getting Alston involved, what is your complaint with the bowl game?

My complaint is that Day's offense wasn't able to stop the worst offense in the Big Ten from scoring at will.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:28 pm

Great, now who's going to direct planes into Alumni Stadium?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleDave on Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:34 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Good riddance.

Setting aside not getting Alston involved, what is your complaint with the bowl game?

With the 21-7 lead he might as well have slapped a turtle shell on Murphy every drive the rest of the game. He started trying to shorten the game with roughly 18 minutes left praying the clock would run out.
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:40 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Good riddance.

With the 21-7 lead he might as well have slapped a turtle shell on Murphy every drive the rest of the game. He started trying to shorten the game with roughly 18 minutes left praying the clock would run out.

I predict we all we see the next OC doing something very similar and then folks will realize that the man who makes such strategic choices is still on campus (except when he is doing an ESPN car wash).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:46 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:all these deja vu names popping up make me very happy that fhcjdf recently signed a contract in a place other than chestnut hill

Hear Daz has reached out to Sean Halloran.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:50 pm

I'm guessing we get someone underwhelming, cheap and shitty.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleDave on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:08 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Good riddance.

I predict we all we see the next OC doing something very similar and then folks will realize that the man who makes such strategic choices is still on campus (except when he is doing an ESPN car wash).

Dazzler doesn't get a pass for that debacle either. In fact, I'd argue that the honeymoon/grace period ended for him following that flaming car wreck of a 4th quarter/OT.

However, Day was the one calling the plays, so he needed to go first.
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:21 pm

Another name that someone on ATL's comment section brought up is John Hevesy. Co-Offensive Coordinator (with Billy Gonzales who is an ace recruiter)/Off Line/Running Game Coord at Mississippi State.

From Madison, Connecticut. Played at Maine. Was a GA at Syracuse when Addazio was there and was TE/OL coach at Florida from 05-08 with Addazio. In his early 40's. Looks like he has primarily recruited the southeast region and primarily the OL position.

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20141008/madisons-john-hevesy-of-mississippi-state-climbing-college-coaching-ranks
Last edited by BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:21 pm

GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:31 pm

Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:33 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Another name that someone on ATL's comment section brought up is John Hevesy. Co-Offensive Coordinator (with Billy Gonzales who is an ace recruiter)/Off Line/Running Game Coord at Mississippi State.

From Madison, Connecticut. Played at Maine. Was a GA at Syracuse when Addazio was there and was TE/OL coach at Florida from 05-08 with Addazio. In his early 40's. Looks like he has primarily recruited the southeast region and primarily the OL position.

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20141008/madisons-john-hevesy-of-mississippi-state-climbing-college-coaching-ranks

We could only get him if he wants to come home. We are not topping his current comp. He's making 300k base plus, car, shoe, camp and bowl bonuses. I'm guessing total comp is 500k. 500k in Starkville Ms goes a lot further than it would in Boston.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Bunratty on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:49 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Another name that someone on ATL's comment section brought up is John Hevesy. Co-Offensive Coordinator (with Billy Gonzales who is an ace recruiter)/Off Line/Running Game Coord at Mississippi State.

We could only get him if he wants to come home. We are not topping his current comp. He's making 300k base plus, car, shoe, camp and bowl bonuses. I'm guessing total comp is 500k. 500k in Starkville Ms goes a lot further than it would in Boston.

Yeah, he would have to want to come home, and/or be tired of being co-offensive coordinator, and want to run the show himself.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby DuxEagle26 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:49 pm

I'm sure someone already said it but can steve Logan please get in on this?
Where are my pants?

DuxEagle26
Carney Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:34 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:As a Giants fan, I can only hope that he teaches Chip Kelly his trick of "forgetting about Sherman Allston for multiple games at a time" so he can apply the same to Darren Sproles.

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:Please just at least give Steve Logan a phone call and find out what his price is

2 best posts in this thread.

Welcome to the hot tub FQBCFOCCNFLQBCFNFLOCFHC Day. As a BC fan I have mixed feelings on this, as a Philly fan I am fucking terrified. If we trade up and draft Mariota I will murder someone.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:11 am

Clearly Marc Trestman is the hire here
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:08 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Good riddance.

Sadly I agree with HJS here
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:01 am

Think we could pry away FHCJDF?

also, re prying away the OC at Miss St...ool

also i know nothing on this front but wouldnt shock me if it ended up being a tOSU QB coach / RB coach / TE coach (insert position below OC here)
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby 25GeraldRd on Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:01 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Any idea on what Day's comp was?
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:12 am

also i know im probably not the first on record, but giving chip kelly this extra power as head of player personnel will be his downfall i think
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium