Ryan Day

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Ryan Day

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:49 pm

mod6A {l Wrote}:is kevin gilbride available?

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants

Of course he is. Isn't he sitting on a porch some place in Rhode Island in a rocking chair staring into the distance?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:51 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The year Temple was good, they threw less than 200 times for 1600 yards. They rushed 636 times for 3622 yards and almost had 2 1000 yard rushers.

They had an awful, awful QB coming off an injury the year they were good and does rushing 90% of the time mean conservative? I'm not really arguing here, just asking.

I agree with you if you are saying that had good reason to be conservative - they had Pierce and Harris in back to back years and no QB. That doesn't change the fact that he was, in fact, conservative.

I think Addazio is pretty conservative. I'm just not sure that Paul Johnson would (or should) be considered so, even though he runs the ball an infinite amount of times.

Agree with this premise, but Temple was not even running the Tyler Murphy spread. They ran 600 times from the I

Good friend and golf buddy is a Temple grad. He watched every week. They were as conservative as you could be. Just like Daz's florida offenses.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:05 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
mod6A {l Wrote}:is kevin gilbride available?

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants

Of course he is. Isn't he sitting on a porch some place in Rhode Island in a rocking chair staring into the distance?

I wouldn't be surprised if his son (Kevin Gilbride Jr) gets a look. He's currently the TE coach for Coughlin.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:07 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The year Temple was good, they threw less than 200 times for 1600 yards. They rushed 636 times for 3622 yards and almost had 2 1000 yard rushers.

They had an awful, awful QB coming off an injury the year they were good and does rushing 90% of the time mean conservative? I'm not really arguing here, just asking.

I agree with you if you are saying that had good reason to be conservative - they had Pierce and Harris in back to back years and no QB. That doesn't change the fact that he was, in fact, conservative.

I think Addazio is pretty conservative. I'm just not sure that Paul Johnson would (or should) be considered so, even though he runs the ball an infinite amount of times.

Agree with this premise, but Temple was not even running the Tyler Murphy spread. They ran 600 times from the I

Good friend and golf buddy is a Temple grad. He watched every week. They were as conservative as you could be. Just like Daz's florida offenses.

Bullshit, nobody watches Temple football.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:41 am

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Bullshit, nobody watches Temple football.

People say the same about BC. Don't make it true.

And Bill cosby does.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:40 am

Temple game day is roughly ten million times better than BC so long as you never bother going in to the game.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:29 pm

In the LOI Day Presser... Dazoo said he runs every phase of the program. Day leaving effects nothing. The offense we run is the "Boston College offense" and nothing is going to change that. He will be bringing in a coach who will work well within that system. The system is not going to change for the new OC. He said that he is an offensive coach and that "I brought this offense to Boston College and manipulated it to fit the needs of the players." He said he is not really concerned about hiring an OC because he already knows what direction of the offense will be long before he finishes out the staff. He said that he will announce his staffing decision in the very near future (practice starts at the end of the month).

None of this should surprise (though I got the sense that some thought Day had more autonomy than he did). That said, I thought Dazoo came off defensive and almost dismissive of Day's time here.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:48 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:In the LOI Day Presser... Dazoo said he runs every phase of the program. Day leaving effects nothing. The offense we run is the "Boston College offense" and nothing is going to change that. He will be bringing in a coach who will work well within that system. The system is not going to change for the new OC. He said that he is an offensive coach and that "I brought this offense to Boston College and manipulated it to fit the needs of the players." He said he is not really concerned about hiring an OC because he already knows what direction of the offense will be long before he finishes out the staff. He said that he will announce his staffing decision in the very near future (practice starts at the end of the month).

None of this should surprise (though I got the sense that some thought Day had more autonomy than he did). That said, I thought Dazoo came off defensive and almost dismissive of Day's time here.

i agree that none of this surprises me. chip kelly jr never struck me as the brains behind any outfit.

that said, did daz own up to calling the russell wilson pass as a part of his presser?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:50 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:In the LOI Day Presser... Dazoo said he runs every phase of the program. Day leaving effects nothing. The offense we run is the "Boston College offense" and nothing is going to change that. He will be bringing in a coach who will work well within that system. The system is not going to change for the new OC. He said that he is an offensive coach and that "I brought this offense to Boston College and manipulated it to fit the needs of the players." He said he is not really concerned about hiring an OC because he already knows what direction of the offense will be long before he finishes out the staff. He said that he will announce his staffing decision in the very near future (practice starts at the end of the month).

i agree that none of this surprises me. chip kelly jr never struck me as the brains behind any outfit.

that said, did daz own up to calling the russell wilson pass as a part of his presser?

No, but he should have owned up to the call where he had a TE passing to the QB against the #1 team in the country in a tie game late.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:55 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

No, but he should have owned up to the call where he had a TE passing to the QB against the #1 team in the country in a tie game late.

thanks for making the connection, roethlisberger
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:08 pm

The ongoing Teddy/TRE-closing-his-eyes-pretending-its-Chris-Huang lemon party is yet another tragic example of everysinglethread.

:orca :bored :tophat
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:13 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:lemon party

good one
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:14 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

good one

Thanks foot.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:15 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

thanks for making the connection, roethlisberger

did I forget to switch accounts? shit.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:17 pm

good one

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:23 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

good one

Thanks foot.

you guys going to share a burrito now?