Full cost of attendance passes 79-1

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Full cost of attendance passes 79-1

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:29 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:and teddy is a jerk that roots for cheaters

God damn right.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:41 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

God damn right.

If you aint cheatin you aint trying. But yes, the pats are awesome and will win the super bowl.

HGH? Isn't that more of a Seahawks thing? That's weak.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:44 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:also, the nursing school is in a league that pays it millions of dollars. it's called being an accredited university and it's what gets the students and tuition dollars into the school's pockets.

A nursing school only gets you to be an accredited college. You need an engineering school to bump up to university status. Just saying.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:06 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

God damn right.

If you aint cheatin you aint trying. But yes, the pats are awesome and will win the super bowl.

HGH? Isn't that more of a Seahawks thing? That's weak.

I think its an NFL thing in general. I'm a pats fan and couldnt give a crap about ball-gate. I will let the brilliant minds, such as HJS, discuss the topic ad nauseam and also pontificate on whether Tom Brady will be suspended and how vegas would react to such a situation.

I can't recall any Pats HGH suspension outside of Harrison a while back but Spikes recently got suspended for Adderall a couple years ago, which led to his amazing quote describing the subject of "It is what it is, but it ain't what you think." Really thought he'd be the one behind bars instead of Hernandez but, alas, what do I know.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:30 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I can't recall any Pats HGH suspension outside of Harrison a while back but Spikes recently got suspended for Adderall a couple years ago, which led to his amazing quote describing the subject of "It is what it is, but it ain't what you think." Really thought he'd be the one behind bars instead of Hernandez but, alas, what do I know.

just for the sake of accuracy it was 'adderall' just like i'm sure ngata used adderall to stay up all night studying his playbook
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:28 pm

http://bcheights.com/sports/football/20 ... ing-class/

Note: When asked about if any players expressed concern over BC’s decision to vote against cost-of-attendance, Addazio laughed it off, commenting: “No [laugh] nope, no, no, no. I”m not sure that guys that we’re going to be involved with, that it’s going to be their first priority. We’re involved with guys that are really evaluating the weight of their academic degree at Boston College, they’ve got bigger picture in mind. Cost-of-attendance, is, you know. They’re coming here for a bigger picture, which I really appreciate. They’re not concerned about that, our guys really aren’t concerned about all that stuff. That’s all going to work out just fine. That’s a lot about a little.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:35 pm

{laughs}
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:14 pm

The New York Times -- that communist rag -- did a piece on BC's dissent vote today. Some further explanation (i.e. Leahy made the call) and an assurance that BC would still pay full cost of attendance...at least for football.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/17/sport ... .html?_r=0
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:38 am

That times piece sort of had a subtext that seemed the Times supports paying kids -- they talked BC down a lot subtly, I thought, in the globe style.
Also, how about a little bit of effort on to what exactly, BC's concerns are -- i.e. how much money this could put in the pockets of kids, how would this change things? Would be a little more informative. You know, that's their job.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:50 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Some further explanation (i.e. Leahy made the call)

I mean, that was pretty obvious, no?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:35 am

i heard this is the reason the spring game was cancelled
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:40 am

i heard this was the reason day left
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:30 am

i heard this is the reason daz stayed
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:32 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:i heard this is the reason daz stayed

i heard this is the reason huang is dead (and loving it)
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hawaiirob on Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:11 pm

Good read on student athletes or "players" as the writer prefers to call them. I think we are getting close to a tipping point moment in college sports. Not sure how it plays out, but some school is going to have the stones to quit turning the blind eye to the prevailing culture.

The world is too much with us; late and soon,
Getting and spending, we lay waste our powers;—
Little we see in Nature that is ours;
We have given our hearts away, a sordid boon!
This Sea that bares her bosom to the moon;
The winds that will be howling at all hours,
And are up-gathered now like sleeping flowers;
For this, for everything, we are out of tune;
It moves us not. Great God! I’d rather be
A Pagan suckled in a creed outworn;
So might I, standing on this pleasant lea,
Have glimpses that would make me less forlorn;
Have sight of Proteus rising from the sea;
Or hear old Triton blow his wreathèd horn.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik ... tml#page=1
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:27 pm

hawaiirob {l Wrote}:Good read on student athletes or "players" as the writer prefers to call them. I think we are getting close to a tipping point moment in college sports. Not sure how it plays out, but some school is going to have the stones to quit turning the blind eye to the prevailing culture.

Swarbrick is already beating the drum.

Jack Swarbrick has this vision. In it, schools that want to pay their athletes and those that want to adhere to a strict educational mission have a decision to make.

In his vision, a players union may not be the worst thing in the world. In it, Congress may have a hand in governing college sports.

The Notre Dame athletic director says there is currently a “cultural divide” in college athletics, one that may make the traditional version of conference realignment look like a game of jacks.

Swarbrick isn't necessarily advocating upheaval, just defining the future. The legal, moral and collegiate pressures may make it inevitable for a semi-pro division of college athletics to emerge.

“There's going to be Congressional intervention [in college athletics] or there's going to be more than one intercollegiate athletic association ….” he said.

“You don't like these set of rules? Go play in that association.”

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25112658/notre-dame-ad-has-a-vision-of-two-college-athletic-associations
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby teeperiod on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:05 pm

Been reading a lot of interesting articles like this over the past few weeks - ultimately a lot of this posturing by AD's and calls for "reform" from media talking heads amount to just re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. True and lasting reform can only happen when schools take athletes who fit their academic profile and offer a program that enhances the academic experience. Not drive it.
teeperiod
n00b

Postby HJS on Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:22 pm

I found this on Blog Boy's site. The piece that stuck out was dumbass SEC players talking about using their paychecks to by clothes and lease a car. COA is supposed to make up the gap between the schollie and actual cost associated with attending the school. So, if it really costs you $40,000 to attend the school but a "full" scholarship only covers $35,000, you would receive 5k to make up the difference. Giving idiot players that money and then letting them lease a car with it, just results with them trying to make up the shortfall.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/writer/ ... e-database
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium