OT: Boxing

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: OT: Boxing

Postby HJS on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:58 pm

UK Eagle wrote:For those interested in the Heavyweight division, keep an eye out for British boxer Anthony Joshua, the kid is an absolute beast and is primed to fight Wilder or Klitshcko next year.

He is jacked in a Holyfield-sorta-way. I'd like to see how he does against Dillian Whyte first. Not that I think Whyte is all that good, just that I think he may actually land a punch (which can't be said about Joshua's previous fighters). Wilder has been stepping up his challenges (specifically Stiverne followed by a couple of guys with great chins). Ultimately, it will never happen, but I'd like to see Wilder and Joshua face each other now while they are both raw.
7-wins... and lovin’ it
HJS
Fulton Hall

Postby QuailMan on Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:21 pm

Tyson Fury beat wald kiltchko
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:23 pm

QuailMan wrote:Tyson Fury beat wald kiltchko

Wlad looked toast (he is almost 40). Fury dominated that fight.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:47 am

HJS wrote:
UK Eagle wrote:For those interested in the Heavyweight division, keep an eye out for British boxer Anthony Joshua, the kid is an absolute beast and is primed to fight Wilder or Klitshcko next year.

He is jacked in a Holyfield-sorta-way. I'd like to see how he does against Dillian Whyte first. Not that I think Whyte is all that good, just that I think he may actually land a punch (which can't be said about Joshua's previous fighters). Wilder has been stepping up his challenges (specifically Stiverne followed by a couple of guys with great chins). Ultimately, it will never happen, but I'd like to see Wilder and Joshua face each other now while they are both raw.

The Joshua fight was fun to watch last night but in not sure he can beat wilder
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon May 01, 2017 12:29 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
HJS wrote:

When they both punched themselves out in the 5th, I thought we were going to get a Rocky 2 moment.
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon May 01, 2017 12:53 pm

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
HJS wrote:

When they both punched themselves out in the 5th, I thought we were going to get a Rocky 2 moment.

but what you really wanted was a rocky iii moment

marty j, heinz hammer, and jimmy mac have ruined the athletic programs of this school. until they are all sent out to pasture, i take my leave of this shithole and all other things bc. your pal, tre (rhymes with "seriously, fuck those 3")
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby biggestskyeagle on Mon May 01, 2017 1:54 pm

This is the perfect thread for the message board that already has everything.

Boxing died with Evander Holyfield's ear.
biggestskyeagle
n00b

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon May 01, 2017 2:22 pm

biggestskyeagle wrote:Boxing died with Evander Holyfield's ear.

No shit. The championships are meaningless but it is still entertaining.
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 01, 2017 2:55 pm

It's true for the heavyweight division, though I'd say that's more on Lewis and Klitchko brothers refusing to fight. The lower weight divisions have ranged from mediocre to legendary over that time period.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:16 pm

Wilder and Joshua agree to two-fight deal, with first bout in UK and rematch in US. Finally, a heavyweight fight worth paying for.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:59 am

twballgame9 wrote:Wilder and Joshua agree to two-fight deal, with first bout in UK and rematch in US. Finally, a heavyweight fight worth paying for.

Sounds like this isn't offical yet. Seems like the Wilder camp agreed to the terms proposed. But, no agreement has been signed. I see this as a feeler to see the public reaction. I think we are aways away from happening.
http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/2 ... ddie-hearn
https://nypost.com/2018/06/11/boxing-fa ... as-wanted/
7-wins... and lovin’ it
HJS
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:30 pm

HJS wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:Wilder and Joshua agree to two-fight deal, with first bout in UK and rematch in US. Finally, a heavyweight fight worth paying for.

Sounds like this isn't offical yet. Seems like the Wilder camp agreed to the terms proposed. But, no agreement has been signed. I see this as a feeler to see the public reaction. I think we are aways away from happening.
http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/2 ... ddie-hearn
https://nypost.com/2018/06/11/boxing-fa ... as-wanted/

Yeah. Joshua should’ve cashed-in when he had the chance.
7-wins... and lovin’ it
HJS
Fulton Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:03 am

That was hilarious. I am surprised the kid didn’t try to eat Joshua after he ko’d him. As Teddy Atlas said “He destroyed Joshua and 100 years of wisdom concerning physical fitness.”

Apparently, Joshua got paid $10 million to fight by one of the sponsors. Not sure that was a good ROI in light of the outcome. Of course, the Heavyweight division is garbage so who knows what he and Wilder would have ultimately made.
Dick Rosenthal
Cushing Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium