Pinstripe Gameday thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Pinstripe Gameday thread

Postby branchinator on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:09 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:Has anyone seen/heard/read any of Addazio's postgame press conference yet?

I'd love to know how he justified his & his staffs decision making in the second half.

People like Addazio because he's a good guy and brought this program back from the depths of despair but he just isn't an impressive in-game coach. He's basically TOB with a personality.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:33 am

branchinator {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:Has anyone seen/heard/read any of Addazio's postgame press conference yet?

I'd love to know how he justified his & his staffs decision making in the second half.

People like Addazio because he's a good guy and brought this program back from the depths of despair but he just isn't an impressive in-game coach. He's basically TOB with a personality.

This, kind of anyway.

The worst part about this game was it showed me our coaching staff has no fucking clue what they are doing during the actual football game.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:34 am

branchinator {l Wrote}:This game was as BC as it gets. Real sweet game for Manny Asprilla. Holy shit was he bad. Feel bad for Tyler Murphy. He deserved more than 7 wins this year.

Asprilla gave up 200 yards on his own, why he continued to play 15 yards off the WR is beyond me.

This game was very BC.

Thanks Tyler Murphy for making this season fun at least, you'll certainly be missed
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby branchinator on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:39 am

All bowl revenue should be given to Tyler Murphy. This is maybe a 3-4 win team with any other QB on the roster. I just pray that Darius Wade is legit. Watched him in pregame and he throws a nice ball. But it won't matter as long as we continue to trot out these fucking shitbag DBs while getting zero pass rush. God I miss those 2004-2008 front 7s.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby StratEagle on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:22 am

One silver lining is we get to do this to another class of Spaz poop......

StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:35 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YobH8LgP2o
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby DuxEagle26 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:35 am

Hats off to Kevin Lempa today!
Where are my pants?

DuxEagle26
Carney Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:36 am

A missed fucking extra point.

Whoever is the fucking special teams coach needs to be gone and the two seniors can go, but also this freshman.

Such a fucking joke. Only team in the world that can't connect on 99.9% of their extra points. Pathetic.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:42 am

I was at the game and only saw the end result of the worst XP ever. But, my wife (who was watching it on TV) said that Knoll shanked it because the turf where he planted his foot gave way and caused him to slip. Is this true?

For the record, it didn't matter, because no matter what we did on the scoreboard, Third Down Donnie Brown was hellbent on making sure that Ped State could match. Fucking POS old man.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:44 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:A missed fucking extra point.

Whoever is the fucking special teams coach needs to be gone and the two seniors can go, but also this freshman.

Such a fucking joke. Only team in the world that can't connect on 99.9% of their extra points. Pathetic.

Agreed. I hope Bates fires the Special Teams coach instead of giving him an extension to 2020.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:47 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

Agreed. I hope Bates fires the Special Teams coach instead of giving him an extension to 2020.

Go root for Rugters...:clownshoes
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:50 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:This game was as BC as it gets. Real sweet game for Manny Asprilla. Holy shit was he bad. Feel bad for Tyler Murphy. He deserved more than 7 wins this year.

Asprilla gave up 200 yards on his own, why he continued to play 15 yards off the WR is beyond me.

This game was very BC.

Thanks Tyler Murphy for making this season fun at least, you'll certainly be missed

Because if he played less than 15 yards off of the WR he would have given up 400 yards.

But somehow Don Brown is supposed to magically turn that turd into a diamond.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:51 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

They at least won a bowl game with their newly extended head coach. They also were able to hold Ped State to 13 points and Hackenberg to 0 TDs and 1 INT. Just saying.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:57 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

They at least won a bowl game with their newly extended head coach. They also were able to hold Ped State to 13 points and Hackenberg to 0 TDs and 1 INT. Just saying.

They also didn't have classes of recruits filled with MAC level talent to flush out of the fucking program. :suicide
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby Bunratty on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:06 am

Oh, and this year's recruiting class isn't stuffed with MAC level talent?
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:11 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

They also didn't have classes of recruits filled with MAC level talent to flush out of the fucking program. :suicide

Well Temple (a team that actually was in the MAC when they recruited its talent) did a MUCH better job defensively against Hackenberg and Ped State. So there's that.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:14 am

Bunratty {l Wrote}:Oh, and this year's recruiting class isn't stuffed with MAC level talent?

I guess well fucking see.

I think the fact that the freshman have been the most impactful players on the field after Murphy shows Addazio's players are much better than Spaz's. But he gets two years too prove it.

Like I said in the other thread, if Addazio is so terrible and his players are so terrible, it won't be very hard to fire him after two more bad seasons.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:17 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Well Temple (a team that actually was in the MAC when they recruited its talent) did a MUCH better job defensively against Hackenberg and Ped State. So there's that.

I wonder how Temple would do vs. FSU?

Christ it's one fucking game. The defense was bad, we get it. But it's a fucking huge improvement from the trash Spaz through at us and we are mostly using the same damn players. Wait til we get some more talented ones out there. Assclown.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:20 am

Shame some people that call themselves BC fans are actually happy that BC lost today. Much happier than they would have been if they won.

Shame, but expected. Some people would rather be right than actually see "their team" succeed. Pathetic.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby StratEagle on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:22 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Christ it's one fucking game. The defense was bad, we get it. But it's a fucking huge improvement from the trash Spaz through at us and we are mostly using the same damn players. Wait til we get some more talented ones out there. Assclown.

anyone mildly competent should be able to improve on Spaz. being better than Spaz means nothing
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:25 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This game was very BC.

Because if he played less than 15 yards off of the WR he would have given up 400 yards.

Poor fucking 80-year-old Donnie. There was nothing he could do. Hey... question. Why was he still playing Asprilla if he sucks so bad? Why not play one of the true freshmen he recruited like they did on offense? Why did he continue to start Asprilla over a player who is currently an NFL starting CB? Why has the great Donnie Brown, in all his many, many years of coaching, never had success outside of Western Mass/Conn? Why is Donnie Brown incapable of tailoring his system to suit his players? Why does he look at our talent and say "I think we'll have the greatest success leaving our CBs on an island and lining them up 20 yards off the LOS on 3rd and 15"?

The D has talent. It's not in the secondary. It's his FOSSIL FUCKING JOB to hide what we can't do well. Instead, the stubborn old fuck just finds the same way to highlight it. Again... we just faced the worst O in the Big Ten and they torched us for record numbers. Inexfuckingcusable.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:28 am

I think Donny's biggest failure was valuing seniority over actual ability. It's pretty clear that John Johnson is better than some of the older guys out there. Same goes for guys like Landry
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:30 am

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

anyone mildly competent should be able to improve on Spaz. being better than Spaz means nothing

This. Also... to answer 06's question... if Temple played FSU, they would have lossed... just like we did. Given the way FSU played this year, their fans would've likely walked away with the same moral victory that 06 is bragging about.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:31 am

While I don't disagree with your overall point, pointing to the Chicago Bears as a talking point isn't hecessarily the best move.

Edit: In response to HJS
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:38 am

StratEagle {l Wrote}:I think Donny's biggest failure was valuing seniority over actual ability. It's pretty clear that John Johnson is better than some of the older guys out there. Same goes for guys like Landry

Agreed. It's the same Spaz shit. You can't blame the players if the coach chooses to play seasoned vets over less-experienced, more talented rookies.

I again point out the Spaz-like decision not to play ALJ last year. Go back and look at my comments last year during the USC shellacking. ALJ was the only one who could stay with their receivers. Every game since that I wondered why he wasn't playing. Seeing him start in the NFL only confirms my suspicions.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:41 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:While I don't disagree with your overall point, pointing to the Chicago Bears as a talking point isn't hecessarily the best move.

Edit: In response to HJS

Totally understood. But, it's still the NFL and there are dozens of better-than-Asprilla CBs who played in college last year that would kill to be pulling down a pro paycheck. I'd also point out that Asprilla WON'T be on any NFL roster next year... not even the Bears.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCdee on Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:32 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I was at the game and only saw the end result of the worst XP ever. But, my wife (who was watching it on TV) said that Knoll shanked it because the turf where he planted his foot gave way and caused him to slip. Is this true?

For the record, it didn't matter, because no matter what we did on the scoreboard, Third Down Donnie Brown was hellbent on making sure that Ped State could match. Fucking POS old man.

After reading this this morning, I went back and watched it about 15 times. If his foot slipped, it was minimal and should not have effected his kick. To me, it just looked like he twisted his body and leg too much causing the kick to swing to the right.
Last edited by BCdee on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby branchinator on Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:33 am

I'm trying to remember a worse performance from a BC CB than Manny Asprilla yesterday. Holy fuck was he bad. And I loved how he kept looking around after each play, as if someone else had missed an assignment or something. Both Asprilla and Don Brown can kindly leave. The only thing worse than having shitty CBs is hanging those shitty CBs out to dry. Don Brown is absolute garbage.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:11 am

StratEagle {l Wrote}:One silver lining is we get to do this to another class of Spaz poop......

I know we're all upset, but this is a terrible way to talk about BC players.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:23 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This game was very BC.

You tripped into the correct point.

This system will never work because it required elite CBs, something BC has never had and never will
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium