Pinstripe Gameday thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Pinstripe Gameday thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:52 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I again question what we are doing with Don Brown as DC. His scheme (which apparently is unable to be adjusted) requires NFL-level DBs and the ability to consistently get pressure on the QB (specifically with your front 4).

What about all the times the scheme worked this year and last year? I feel like they make this a stupid argument.

It works when we have a significant talent advantage (Maine, UMass, Cuse). In every other game this year, the D did not distinguish itself... except for NCS. NCS was the best performance that the D put up this year against a decent offensive team.

Again... I don't argue that Don's system works when you have better talent at DB and DL. I just don't think that will be realistically often enough to justify employing it.

Wait. what? The defense didn't distinguish itself against FSU and Clemson? Jesus.

Never go full retard.

HomoJS is correct about Clemson. He is wrong about FSU; I don't care how many yards they had.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:03 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Chronologically, the tailgating was awesome. Showed up at 10 on the Harlem River and that place turned into Shea Field before Nazism struck. Started out mostly ped state fans but BC filled in, probably assumed it was a rule across America that you could only tailgate in a city for 3 hours before a game. Also again Bates, if you give people more than 3 hours to tailgate, they get in on time. How was the BC bar? Didn't go cause there was no way in hell I was dropping $40 for 2 drink tickets.

I remember looking at my phone at one point quite a while after we got there and thinking "holy shit, kickoff isn't even for another 2 hours". Great time.

Epstein, not sure where you were sitting but in the 200s the BC fans were great, didn't get down in front'd once.

Ped St & Maryland fans deserve each other in the B1G.

Incredibly shitty way to end a good season.

I had some guy bitch at us for "yelling in his ear" when BC was on D, but he wasn't wearing colors of either school so not sure if he was a BC fan. Our section was overwhelmingly BC but there were a handful of PSU stragglers from Stubhub I guess, one of whom was sitting on the end of the aisle behind mine and took objection to my Sandusky comments as we were leaving. Me and him start jawing, my friend ushers me along, I get up a few steps and happen to look back just in time to see him sucker punch my friend. I jumped back down fists swinging and it all got broken up within seconds. Classy guy. Overall their fans are an embarrassment, I don't spend much time in Pennsylvania any more and the PSU fans I know personally mostly have some sense of perspective but holy shit a ton of these people just have no concept of shame.

This isn't a personal thing so please don't take it this way.

The PSU fans around me were fine aside from one or two jerks. Having said that, why are we dropping Sandusky comments? It's childish, classless and overall reflects really poorly on the fan base as a whole. It happened, it's done, but why a BC fan would ever find it in good taste to do that is beyond me. It reflects really poorly on the person and the fan base. One of the things I like about BC is we win and lose with class and dignity unlike so many awful fan bases, including Penn St.

Again, don't take it personally because I saw others doing it and found it equally as disgusting.

And how long have you been a member here?

This board is what it is ultimately but at a game I expect better from BC fans.

Again, lose with class, the team did that yesterday.

This. Emphatically.

If I had been in the U.S., I and my family would surely have been at the game. It is one thing for the immature to obsess about Sandusky here on this board -- as though that tragedy had been somehow inevitable at PSU and reflected on all their fans. I would have been embarrassed to hear such classless comments repeated in public at the game. What poor sportsmanship!

This is a unique situation.
Employees of the university knowingly covered up child abuse... the worst possible crime against humanity.
I have no problem reminding them of what they did until their mouth-breathing fan-base accepts what happened as opposed to rallying around it because they perceive themselves as true victims. Their reaction to the crisis is so disgusting; it is slap in the face to the REAL victims in this horrible tragedy.

* I was not at the game

This. It's not trying to find any excuse to talk shit to am opposing fan base. When more than a small minority of PSU fans own up to what happened and stop playing the victim card then we can all move on. Sadly if that hasn't happened by now it probably never will.

Again, it accomplished nothing and paints the fan base in a bad light. I was at the Ohio St/Penn St game soon after the story dropped and Ohio St fans had the common sense to tell their own fans who made any mention of this to knock it off.

Not a personal attack on either of you.

This is hilarious coming from eepstein. Evidently, it's okay to write that a BC player sucks a million times on a message board as eepstein does, making it easy for those players and their family members to read all about it, forever on the internet, but god forbid BC fans mock an institution and its fan base which turned the other cheek or downplayed the seriousness of child molestation.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying BC players can't be criticized on a message board. They get a free education, yada yada. I don't like to do it, but it's a free country. And I'm not encouraging the mocking of other schools, but if you are going to go the route of shitting on seemingly upstanding individuals who don't excel at a sport then you can't turn around and say mocking PSU is classless. Practice what you preach, eepstein and post with class.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:10 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:TRE, you got a mention on the RU board. Serious.

https://rutgers.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?SID=988&fid=642&style=2&tid=177648248&Page=2

Hey Duchie, looks like this was your last post. Did you give it up for 2015?
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:09 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:TRE, you got a mention on the RU board. Serious.

https://rutgers.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?SID=988&fid=642&style=2&tid=177648248&Page=2

Hey Duchie, looks like this was your last post. Did you give it up for 2015?

he visited today so he's not as dead as wang.

he's said in the past he doesn't care about basketball so i'm guessing he just doesn't have anything to say
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed May 20, 2015 2:41 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Hackenberg set Penn State records for completions and yards passing (34 of 50, 371 yards) and earned MVP honors.

Inexcusable.

FWIW, SI has Hackenberg as the first QB selected and #6 overall in their mock draft.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed May 20, 2015 3:02 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Hackenberg set Penn State records for completions and yards passing (34 of 50, 371 yards) and earned MVP honors.

Inexcusable.

FWIW, SI has Hackenberg as the first QB selected and #6 overall in their mock draft.

yeah, thanks to Don Brown
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 20, 2015 3:15 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Inexcusable.

If you say he made him look like Tom Brady, you can go full circle and include both of HJS' weak bits.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Re: PED St Gameday thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:52 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Inexcusable.

Hackenberg declared for the draft. His stock has fallen since the Pinstripe Bowl, now projected as the #3 QB in the late 1st, early 2nd.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:59 pm

Cat hair pee fire
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:20 pm

whether it was the ped state drive down 3 w 1:50 to go or the missed extra point, it's been all downhill since that lovely day in the bronx
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:51 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:whether it was the ped state drive down 3 w 1:50 to go or the missed extra point, it's been all downhill since that lovely day in the bronx

It has been as if dazz sold his soul and the devil came to collect in the 4th quarter of that game. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:13 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:whether it was the ped state drive down 3 w 1:50 to go or the missed extra point, it's been all downhill since that lovely day in the bronx

It has been as if dazz sold his soul and the devil came to collect in the 4th quarter of that game. :ace

The worst part of the Spaz years was the very clear trend. 9 --> 7 --> 5 --> 2 and it was clear that things weren't getting any better. More and more it's starting to look the same for Daz. 7 --> 7 --> 4 --> ?

Regardless of the win total, this season feels much, much worse than last year. Last year we might've lost 8 games, but 5 of those games were decided by 3pts or less. They were at least close. This year is starting to feel like Spaz's 2-10 season even if we finish with 4 or even 5 wins.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Los on Sat May 30, 2020 10:54 am

Pinstripe Bowl vs PSU in 2014 coming up at noon on the Big Ten Network. That one was a real kick in the nuts.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat May 30, 2020 11:22 am

from a post fence era nerd so i'm sure i'll get shouted down but that tailgating scene was like shea field pre gestapo
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Los on Sat May 30, 2020 11:34 am

I just remember every restaurant and bar within 2 miles of the Stadium having lines out the door. We finally found a Jamaican joint without a wait where we were able to snag some Red Stripes. Those Penn State fans absolutely invaded the Bronx that day.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC923 on Sat May 30, 2020 11:43 am

This was the one where I sat behind some old Penn State fans who didn’t take so kindly to the things I was saying about Joe Pa. this old lady kept saying she’d throw her coffee on me. Luckily I was taking a shit during right as we lost. Tailgating was great though
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat May 30, 2020 11:49 am

Los {l Wrote}:Pinstripe Bowl vs PSU in 2014 coming up at noon on the Big Ten Network. That one was a real kick in the nuts.

I’ve erased this game from my mind.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat May 30, 2020 7:47 pm

Hilliman had a MASSIVE game.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:44 pm

Los {l Wrote}:I just remember every restaurant and bar within 2 miles of the Stadium having lines out the door. We finally found a Jamaican joint without a wait where we were able to snag some Red Stripes. Those Penn State fans absolutely invaded the Bronx that day.

I found that Jamaican joint too. Its almost like they didn't know a football game was scheduled that day. All I remember is how warm the beer was because didn't have time to cool down in the fridges.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:14 pm

Rojo Molino near the courthouse is my usual stop before NYY games.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:50 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:from a post fence era nerd so i'm sure i'll get shouted down but that tailgating scene was like shea field pre gestapo

The downfall was tailgating like we were going into Alumni and not a professional sports stadium that was selling alcohol.

Said some unsavory things to a Penn State fan in front of my parents that I shudder thinking about to this day.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Los on Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:52 am

It was also probably the most unseasonably warm December 27th I can ever recall.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:31 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:from a post fence era nerd so i'm sure i'll get shouted down but that tailgating scene was like shea field pre gestapo

The downfall was tailgating like we were going into Alumni and not a professional sports stadium that was selling alcohol.

Said some unsavory things to a Penn State fan in front of my parents that I shudder thinking about to this day.

Paterno allowed his coaching staff to rape children?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:29 pm

Los {l Wrote}:It was also probably the most unseasonably warm December 27th I can ever recall.

literal Polar opposite for the Iowa bowl game.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium