Pinstripe Gameday thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Pinstripe Gameday thread

Postby branchinator on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:05 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:I should amend that I was in the heart of the bc section in the 200s so I have no idea what the upper tank looked like above us in terms of neutrals / bc etc

70/30 sounds right, which is pretty good if you ask me. 15-20k bc fans is a damn good showing for a bowl game.

Our fans were very into it - standing for a lot etc etc. it was very unlike alumni actually

Also - this was my first experience interacting with a large state school (never been to Tallahassee)...very happy we are in the ACC not the B1G. Much much better fit.

I don't think there were anywhere near 15-20k BC fans. Attendance was about 50k and I'd estimate that about 80-85% were PSU fans.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:08 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:I should amend that I was in the heart of the bc section in the 200s so I have no idea what the upper tank looked like above us in terms of neutrals / bc etc

70/30 sounds right, which is pretty good if you ask me. 15-20k bc fans is a damn good showing for a bowl game.

Our fans were very into it - standing for a lot etc etc. it was very unlike alumni actually

Also - this was my first experience interacting with a large state school (never been to Tallahassee)...very happy we are in the ACC not the B1G. Much much better fit.

I don't think there were anywhere near 15-20k BC fans. Attendance was about 50k and I'd estimate that about 80-85% were PSU fans.

Over 80% would mean penn st got into our allotment.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:09 pm

Bowl games aren't for conservative shit on either side of the ball. Very disappointed that three weeks of practice led to Andre 2.0 and cushion defense. Maybe Brown got scared when Asprilla got smoked on that blitz that never should have been called, but the defense was terrible. I understand blitzing a lot. I don't understanding blitzing on second or third down after a sack. Just terrible. But not as bad as watching BC run the clock for 60 minutes.

Not choking yesterday would have made this season a roaring success, even though they probably should have threatened 10 wins. Now, just eh, not bad.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:10 pm

The conservative nature was infuriating.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:12 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:The conservative nature was infuriating.

Not even TOB did that shit. He always let it fly in bowl games. No one gives a shit if you win, just have fun and go for it.

PS, if we get another spread option QB, run some spread option dumbasses
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:14 pm

Also - I feel bad for the kickers and the people shitting on them can get lost. They suck and our coaching staff all season put them in position to fail. As I said before, at some point you blame the game planners not the players.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:15 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:

85% is such a clownshoes estimate that would mean not a single ticket was sold outside the BC allotment (and that PSU fans mascaraded as Flynn Fund donors for years in the hopes of stealing tix). I'd say it was 65% PSU fans. 95% PSU in the upper deck, 70% BC fans in the club/suites and 55% PSU in the field level. PSU fans were significantly louder. Which should be a surprise to no one who has attended a BC game (where 500 visiting fans routinely make more noise than the rest of Alumni Stadium).
Last edited by HJS on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:20 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Also - I feel bad for the kickers and the people shitting on them can get lost. They suck and our coaching staff all season put them in position to fail. As I said before, at some point you blame the game planners not the players.

Asking a guy on scholarship to make an XP is putting them in a position to fail?

Again pathetic, stop making excuses for him.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:21 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:Also - I feel bad for the kickers and the people shitting on them can get lost. They suck and our coaching staff all season put them in position to fail. As I said before, at some point you blame the game planners not the players.

Asking a guy on scholarship to make an XP is putting them in a position to fail?

Classic epstein here. Don't engage, he knows your point.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:22 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Bowl games aren't for conservative shit on either side of the ball. Very disappointed that three weeks of practice led to Andre 2.0 and cushion defense. Maybe Brown got scared when Asprilla got smoked on that blitz that never should have been called, but the defense was terrible. I understand blitzing a lot. I don't understanding blitzing on second or third down after a sack. Just terrible. But not as bad as watching BC run the clock for 60 minutes.

Not choking yesterday would have made this season a roaring success, even though they probably should have threatened 10 wins. Now, just eh, not bad.

Normally I would say we are all being overreacting pansies because it's just one game, however the same terrible themes plaguing us all season long were the reason why we lost today.. Although we got to 7 wins, I call this season bellow average because of how it leaves us feeling with regards to the future. I am now not optimistic that our staff has the potential to get past 8-9 wins in a season. Staff meaning brown and day primarily with Daz's chicken little shit thrown in there too...

Did anyone see him freaking out on the sideline when the 4t quarter catch was ruled an incompletion? He was asking everyone and their mother (on the sideline) if he should challenge..... 0 composure. And I support the dude.

Daz's act on the sideline with the refs needs to go away beginning next season.

It looks stupid and has 0 effect
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Not even TOB did that shit. He always let it fly in bowl games. No one gives a shit if you win, just have fun and go for it.

Was Murphy injured at all? I ask because he never called his own number. He made a number of questionable zone read decisions. Would've liked to see them run an option at the DE. He is excellent but running at him may have slowed his backside pursuit. Their DTs beat the shit out of our interior OL on a number of plays.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:26 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Was Murphy injured at all? I ask because he never called his own number. He made a number of questionable zone read decisions. Would've liked to see them run an option at the DE. He is excellent but running at him may have slowed his backside pursuit. Their DTs beat the shit out of our interior OL on a number of plays.

He looked okay on the few plays he kept it. But agree, he didn't keep it enough
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:27 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I bet he was injured in the sense that he's had the crap beaten out of him all season (which will happen when you play the way he does). Doubt he was much more than 80%
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Again pathetic excuse making. It's a fucking XP.

I've defended Knoll all season and he'll probably be fine, but excusing yesterday is a joke. And no Knoll isn't to blame for yesterday Don Brown should've been fired before he could get on the bus
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:28 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:

Agree.

But if they 'suck', should they be given a guaranteed 4 year scholarship when in reality players scholies must be renewed each year? Or because they 'suck', and the coaches continually 'put them in a position to fail', should the coaches revoke knolls scholie, and replace him with someone who doesn't 'suck' so that the coaches no longer put our K's in a position to fail?

If we wanna be a program that pulls schollies for poor performance you'll be looking at a holy cross team out there in a few years
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:30 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:

Agree.

But if they 'suck', should they be given a guaranteed 4 year scholarship when in reality players scholies must be renewed each year? Or because they 'suck', and the coaches continually 'put them in a position to fail', should the coaches revoke knolls scholie, and replace him with someone who doesn't 'suck' so that the coaches no longer put our K's in a position to fail?

Again Knoll will be fine but we need to find another kicker for next year in case I'm wrong
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:31 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:

Agree.

If we wanna be a program that pulls schollies for poor performance you'll be looking at a holy cross team out there in a few years

We wouldn't have a secondary right now...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:31 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Again pathetic excuse making. It's a fucking XP.

I've defended Knoll all season and he'll probably be fine, but excusing yesterday is a joke. And no Knoll isn't to blame for yesterday Don Brown should've been fired before he could get on the bus

Brown sucked yesterday almost as much as running clock for 60 minutes or Alston getting no touches.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuxEagle26 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:32 pm

Obviously Knoll blew it in the end but lets not ignore the pea-sized testicles shown by the beloved Addaziani throughout the 3rd and 4th quarters. Not sure I can live with this guy's gameday strategy until 2020. Yesterday was an absolute :clownshoes coaching job. Hats off to Tyler murphy and shakim phillips for playing their asses off yesterday, unfortunately can't say the same for all seniors... cough cough manny, bordner...
Where are my pants?

DuxEagle26
Carney Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:38 pm

Lots of interesting discussion here. A lot is blame Day vs blame Brown. Here is why I am more on Day. We have a defense that has been an abomination in the 4th quarter with the lead. And yet the offense turtles up by 2 TDs. Time and again this season the turtling offensively either helped lose games or made wins a lot closer than they had to be. The one time they put the pedal down was vs USC and it turned out to be the biggest win in 15 years. And the defense in that game once again shit themselves and the offense tacking on to the lead was the only reason BC won. And yet Day and Daz didn't learn anything from this season and once again turtled up? Fucking embarrassing.

I feel confident BC could have scored more points (regardless of what they put on the board and whether it should have been enough). I am not as confident saying Brown had the ability to stop anyone in any passing situation. It has been happening all year. And last year. Getting a lead and then taking the foot off the gas puts the other team in passing situations which Brown couldn't stop if his life depended on it. Keep fucking playing Jesus Christ. Worst thing that could have happened. And there really is no such thing as enough points to win for this team because of the Defense. No one should be saying that.

Maybe I am completely wrong but that is my feeling on it. Lots of question marks with this staff. DC, OC, ST. And HC in game clock management.

Spaz player excuse will be running on empty next season. We will know a lot more next season about this staff.
Last edited by Supahfan99 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:38 pm

I also will say - I was happy for dudeck. I shit on him a ton and stand by that in the sense that he shouldn't get playing time, but it's good for a player on our team get some sort of redemption after being so individually responsible for a loss
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:40 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:Lots of interesting discussion here. A lot is blame Day vs blame Brown. Here is why I am more on Day. We have a defense that has been an abomination in the 4th quarter with the lead. And yet the offense turtles up by 2 TDs. Time and again this season the turtling offensively either helped lose games or made wins a lot closer than they had to be. The one time they put the pedal down was vs USC and it turned out to be the biggest win in 15 years. And the defense in that game once again shit themselves and the offense tacking on to the lead was the only reason BC won. And yet Day and Daz didn't learn anything from this season and once again turtled up? Fucking embarrassing.

I feel confident BC could have scored more points (regardless of what they put on the board and whether it should have been enough). I am not as confident saying Brown had the ability to stop anyone in any passing situation. It has been happening all year. And last year. Getting a lead and then taking the foot off the gas puts the other team in passing situations which Brown couldn't stop if his life depended on it. Worst thing that could have happened.

Maybe I am completely wrong but that is my feeling on it. Lots of question marks with this staff. DC, OC, ST. And HC in game clock management.

Spaz player excuse will be running on empty next season. We will know a lot more next season about this staff.

USC was not the biggest win in 15 years. Beating #8 VT in Lane as the #2 team in the country dwarfs the USC home game
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Supahfan99 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:43 pm

Ok one of the biggest. Splitting hairs.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:44 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:That vt game was by far the best win.. I got early check in my dorm for a month for waking everyone up

Wtf does this mean?

I agree though. If I went through the schedules over the last 15 years I bet usc doesn't sniff the top 5
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:00 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Day needed to call keepers on the read option then. Fake read option, QB draw... Their DE's and olb's were not holding the edge.

They actually did just that in the 4th (I think the final drive). They faked the dive and had 36 wall-off the edge that sprung Murphy for a nice run.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:31 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Day needed to call keepers on the read option then. Fake read option, QB draw... Their DE's and olb's were not holding the edge.

They actually did just that in the 4th (I think the final drive). They faked the dive and had 36 wall-off the edge that sprung Murphy for a nice run.

Agree.... Shouldn't have taken that log to notice that, which I am sure u also agree with...

Edit: I agree that brown was horrible yesterday making the same mistake as he has done all year long... Do u agree with that same statement regarding day?

I'm not a Day fan. I hated the hire. I just think he's done a very good job adjusting his schemes to fit his talent (which is something I always respect coaches for doing (see Logan) and something Donnie has refused to do for 2 straight seasons). I also don't know what more he could do with a QB who can't throw and receivers who can't catch. Finally, I can't fault a strategy that tries to burn clock in order to lessen the negative impact Don Brown has on the game.

All that said, whoever does end-of-half/game clock management or who makes the decision to turtle-up to burn clock once we take the lead should be fired. However, I think that the person who really is making those calls was just extended to 2020.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:43 pm

Suck a dick and stop feeling bad for these players. They go to these "combines" and audition for a free $50k education. Homojs believes that he should be given the benefit of the doubt but in the meantime Knoll has been out of high school for a year and has gone to countless training or practice sessions. If he can't make a simple PAT after this period of time then you find someone else.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:49 pm

GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:

Suck a dick and stop feeling bad for these players. They go to these "combines" and audition for a free $50k education. Homojs believes that he should be given the benefit of the doubt but in the meantime Knoll has been out of high school for a year and has gone to countless training or practice sessions. If he can't make a simple PAT after this period of time then you find someone else.

i assume under this logic we should shit on our wide receivers as well as they do nothing.

given the choice id rather blame the coaches for not coaching around poor talent than blame poorly talented players for being poorly talented.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:26 pm

After this game, I think I'm going to need to take a break from BC sports for a while.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:52 pm

I have absolutely no sympathy for Mike Knoll or any of the kickers. can't even keep kickoffs in-bounds or make extra points, that's just fucking lazy. seeing Tyler Murphy cry after the game because he put his heart and soul into this team just makes me dislike the kickers more. he worked his ass off all season and threw a very nice touchdown to Dudeck only to watch a kid miss an extra point by 46 miles? sure, I'm an asshole, but thats just inexcusable. some kids had to be rejected to BC so that Mike Knoll could get a scholarship, and he misses an XP in that situation? I have no sympathy. work harder.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium