TOB retirement

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

TOB retirement

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:45 am

I wholeheartedly endorse ATL's suggestion that they build a Mediocrity wing of the BC Hall of Fame just for him. The comments on the article on ATL's blog are laugh out funny, if you are bored pre-holiday.

Some assclown called him the greatest coach ever for developing QBs, giving him credit for Ryan and Russell Wilson.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Re: TOB retirement

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:59 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Some assclown called him the greatest coach ever for developing QBs, giving him credit for Ryan and Russell Wilson.

You can thank The Zman for that tidbit.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:00 pm

GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

you serious, clark?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:03 pm

That comment section is almost as awesome as the thread where Bryn Mawr and Philly educated me on how many games Chip Kelly would win on his way to the playoffs.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:27 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I wholeheartedly endorse ATL's suggestion that they build a Mediocrity wing of the BC Hall of Fame just for him. The comments on the article on ATL's blog are laugh out funny, if you are bored pre-holiday.

He surpasses Salieri as the Patron Saint of Mediocrity.

"I speak for all mediocrities in the world. I am their champion. I am their patron saint."

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:29 pm

I do have one good thing to say about the Jortedone: he absolutely despised DeFellatio.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:35 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

you serious, clark?

Serious as a heart attack.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:45 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:That comment section is almost as awesome as the thread where Bryn Mawr and Philly educated me on how many games Chip Kelly would win on his way to the playoffs.

atl's commenters are worse than EA posters

though slightly less creepy
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:52 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:That comment section is almost as awesome as the thread where Bryn Mawr and Philly educated me on how many games Chip Kelly would win on his way to the playoffs.

I know you've been gleefully hoping to be able to post this for 3 weeks now. You can enjoy my misery all you want, but the fact is your prediction was that the Eagles would be 8-8. So you were still wrong. Sucks that they won't make it even if they finish 10-6, but that's having only two wildcards for you.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:02 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

atl's commenters are worse than EA posters

though slightly less creepy

atl do you ever consider turning off comments?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:04 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:Sucks that they won't make it even if they finish 10-6, but that's having only two wildcards for you.

Don't tell me you support expanding the NFL playoffs. Please don't tell me that.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:21 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:Sucks that they won't make it even if they finish 10-6, but that's having only two wildcards for you.

Don't tell me you support expanding the NFL playoffs. Please don't tell me that.

No, the current format is fine and I certainly don't want to expand the number of teams making it; I was just indirectly pointing out that the current format with 4 divisions and 2 wildcards increases the chances of what you have in the NFC south, and that a seven-win team will claim a playoff spot. I think that having only two wildcard teams (instead of the old three) is more likely to keep some teams out of the playoffs that are better then the some of the division winners. But that's nothing new and possible in any "wildcard" situation. I'm not sure, but I do think that every other NFL team that finishes with 10 wins this year willl make the playofffs. That's all. Just my sour grapes over how this year turned out. (And yes, I'm assuming the Eagles beat the Giants this weekend, which at this point is a big assumption).
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby mod6A on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:04 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:

No, the current format is fine and I certainly don't want to expand the number of teams making it; I was just indirectly pointing out that the current format with 4 divisions and 2 wildcards increases the chances of what you have in the NFC south, and that a seven-win team will claim a playoff spot. I think that having only two wildcard teams (instead of the old three) is more likely to keep some teams out of the playoffs that are better then the some of the division winners. But that's nothing new and possible in any "wildcard" situation. I'm not sure, but I do think that every other NFL team that finishes with 10 wins this year willl make the playofffs. That's all. Just my sour grapes over how this year turned out. (And yes, I'm assuming the Eagles beat the Giants this weekend, which at this point is a big assumption).

i do not like the "we should change/reseed" argument. you win your division, you are in and get to host a game. even if you finish 8-8, 7-9, 6-10 whatever. i read/misheard something that the teams that finished 8-8 or worse since the reformat are 3-0 or 4-1 or something like that in that game.

if the falcons win, and the seahawks beat the rams, it sends the cardinals to atlanta in the first round. a very winnable game for the falcons.

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby mod6A on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:07 pm

also- TOB should be brought out at the 2nd quarter of the "good for new england" game, given a muted applause, and we close the book on him. scrush4/

we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:11 pm

I just want to point out in that same thread that I said Foles would get killed and never rubbed that in so suck it.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I just want to point out in that same thread that I said Foles would get killed and never rubbed that in so suck it.

I knew you'd find something in that thread you were right about. Well done.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Chip Kelly not making 5 years will be another. And you not watching the playoffs.

Oh, and 9-7 is close to 8-8. Pretty good when they were 3-0 at the time.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Foles got killed because four of five lineman were out for half the year. That really has little to do with Kelly's system.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Chip Kelly not making 5 years will be another. And you not watching the playoffs.

10-6 is pretty different from 8-8. But who knows, maybe they will finish 9-7. If so, you were right about one thing in that thread, and pretty close (also know as "wrong") about another. Double good for you.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:38 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

10-6 is pretty different from 8-8. But who knows, maybe they will finish 9-7. If so, you were right about one thing in that thread, and pretty close (also know as "wrong") about another. Double good for you.

Good luck beating the Giants with nothing to play for. It's Flyer season.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:48 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
mod6A {l Wrote}:also- TOB should be brought out at the 2nd quarter of the "good for new england" game, given a muted applause, and we close the book on him. scrush4/

Nah send him out at the VT game. Keep it classy.

I think we should send him out at the WTF game
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:19 pm

they should bring him in as the honorary offensive coordinator for one game (so he can officially "retire" as a bc coach).

then we can drop the locker room lights at halftime, play the super mario bros theme song, and have spaz come in and knock him out
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby tailgater94 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:54 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:they should bring him in as the honorary offensive coordinator for one game (so he can officially "retire" as a bc coach).

then we can drop the locker room lights at halftime, play the super mario bros theme song, and have spaz come in and knock him out
:toby :spaz2 :toby

This is brilliant. But I only support it if TOB first makes amends by personally paying me back the air fare I spent to the BC at UNC game when he refused to put Matt Ryan in until it was too late, and blew a chance for us to win the Atlantic. That fucking miserable prick.
tailgater94
Carney Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:23 pm

tailgater94 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:they should bring him in as the honorary offensive coordinator for one game (so he can officially "retire" as a bc coach).

:toby :spaz2 :toby

This is brilliant. But I only support it if TOB first makes amends by personally paying me back the air fare I spent to the BC at UNC game when he refused to put Matt Ryan in until it was too late, and blew a chance for us to win the Atlantic. That fucking miserable prick.

Spaz is still under contract so this feels like something he is obligated to do. :ace
Last edited by Logitano on Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby StratEagle on Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:46 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I wholeheartedly endorse ATL's suggestion that they build a Mediocrity wing of the BC Hall of Fame just for him. The comments on the article on ATL's blog are laugh out funny, if you are bored pre-holiday.

He had a special ability to develop NFL QB's then not even remotely recognize that development.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:14 am

StratEagle {l Wrote}:

He had a special ability to develop NFL QB's then not even remotely recognize that development.

I'd say he had a unique ability to develop NFL QBs by not playing them.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:32 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:

Well he did say that Sean Glennon was the best QB he's ever coached and that guy has all but become the heir to the Brady/Manning throne.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:13 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:

http://bceagles.com/news/2017/6/27/bost ... -fame.aspx
Apparently, the above-suggested wing is being built alongside the new Fieldhouse.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:14 am

Wonder if it will coincide with this holiday...

HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:27 am

I hope the good parts of this hall of fame class aren't overshadowed by tobias
BC923
Merkert Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium