Attendance Up 4%

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Attendance Up 4%

Postby dtwalrus on Thu May 14, 2015 10:37 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i predicting the shit shack that is the 2015 schedule will not produce a growth in attendence for the year

This.

I couldn't imagine how BC could construct a worse schedule.

Viewing wise it sucks but it helps get wins with our young roster. At this point in the prrocess, I would rather develope wade and our offensive and defensive lines with a manageable schedule. Going no worse than 6-6 is much better than going 4-8 with a 'formidable' schedule.

Recruits don't care if you go 6-6 beating up on FCS teams. You'd be better off to win 4 games with a marquee national win like USC last year

Counterpoint: UVA. They seem to constantly be scheduling baby rapists, and getting crushed by them. Their attendance sucks.

I tend to be of the opinion that BC's attendance woes will be fixed first and foremost by a return to RELEVANCE. I don't think marquee matchups alone do that. Win totals do that. Bowl games do that. Being in the ACCCG does that. Being nationally ranked does that. And yes, the national spotlight that playing baby rapists brings with it also does that. Would actually be interesting to see some statistics on this. It could actually be studied fairly easy using the publicly released attendance totals for teams with different SOS and matchups, but I don't think it has been.

My personal sense of it is that we need to get back to where we were towards the latter TOB years / Jags years first and foremost. We need to be a contender first. And THEN we need to schedule and win big games. That = attendance. So yes, schedule the cupcakes this year, develop the team, win 8 games hopefully. Next year win 9 or 10 and compete for the Atlantic. By Wade's senior season compete for the ACC title and the playoff. Frankly I think I'm ok if we don't play a single baby rapists over that stretch. However, once the Ohio St series kicks in in 2021, I expect that Daz will have us consistently competing, and Ohio State shouldn't be an anomaly on the schedule, it should be the expectation.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 14, 2015 7:05 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i predicting the shit shack that is the 2015 schedule will not produce a growth in attendence for the year

This.

I couldn't imagine how BC could construct a worse schedule.

Viewing wise it sucks but it helps get wins with our young roster. At this point in the prrocess, I would rather develope wade and our offensive and defensive lines with a manageable schedule. Going no worse than 6-6 is much better than going 4-8 with a 'formidable' schedule.

Recruits don't care if you go 6-6 beating up on FCS teams. You'd be better off to win 4 games with a marquee national win like USC last year

Yeah, but you're a millenial that somehow avoided the gaping pussy gene that the rest of your peers did

this is not true at all

It is pretty much true. My generation is ruining the country
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon May 18, 2015 11:09 am

Oh, he still has ridiculous expectations of all the things that should be just handed to him, but he's not a pussy that wants to pussy about and climb the mountain via the pussy stairs
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium