Attendance Up 4%

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Attendance Up 4%

Postby commavegarage on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:15 am

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... n/24891415

Up 4% when the entire nation was down 4% is a good number.

Especially when you add in that of the 7 games:
-1 was labor day (people have cape / islands / saratoga homes :oldman )
-1 was a friday night
-1 was thanksgiving weekend

this tells me its time to fill in the corners in the upper deck
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Re: Attendance Up 4%

Postby AdamBC on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:17 am

8 people better than Army!
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:32 am

Some of those numbers seem unlikely. Pitt comes to mind. So does Temple.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:39 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Some of those numbers seem unlikely. Pitt comes to mind. So does Temple.

i dont really pay attention to the others...because i dont know how you can trust any of them when uconn's averaging 27k a game.

i'm sure they report paid not actual thru the turnstiles
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:46 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Some of those numbers seem unlikely. Pitt comes to mind. So does Temple.

i dont really pay attention to the others...because i dont know how you can trust any of them when uconn's averaging 27k a game.

you'd think having less than 100 people show up to a game would skew the average...
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:57 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/24891415

-1 was a friday night

Screw that, we need to add another level to Alumni!
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:58 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/24891415

-1 was a friday night

We did not have a home game during the Labor Day weekend of the 2014 season. Hopefully, we never will.
Kind of depressing that we could not sellout the FSU game last season and the Clemson game this year. Both were the ideal start time (3:30), great weather and marquee opponents.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:43 am

Didn't Temple play Ped State at the Linc this year? That would significantly inflate their average.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby talon on Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:45 am

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:

Didn't Temple play Ped State at the Linc this year? That would significantly inflate their average.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=400547713
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:16 am

The data counts only home games and not neutral-site venues. Figures represent the announced crowd totals schools reported to the NCAA and not necessarily actual attendance.

I don't get why this isn't normalized. And, when given the choice, I don't know why schools (such as us) voluntarily include scanned tickets when we could instead use tickets sold.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:22 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

-1 was a friday night

We did not have a home game during the Labor Day weekend of the 2014 season. Hopefully, we never will.
Kind of depressing that we could not sellout the FSU game last season and the Clemson game this year. Both were the ideal start time (3:30), great weather and marquee opponents.

thats right. in my mind it was
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:49 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
The data counts only home games and not neutral-site venues. Figures represent the announced crowd totals schools reported to the NCAA and not necessarily actual attendance.

I don't get why this isn't normalized. And, when given the choice, I don't know why schools (such as us) voluntarily include scanned tickets when we could instead use tickets sold.

Not sure if that would help us. We give away tickets to charity so there could actually be more tickets scanned than sold for some games.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:23 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Not sure if that would help us. We give away tickets to charity so there could actually be more tickets scanned than sold for some games.

Do you really think that is true?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:42 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Do you really think that is true?

For the Louisville and Cuse games, I certainly think it was possible. There were plenty of recipients of ticket giveaways in the Yawkey end zone for both games. There are literally tons of pop warner/junior high football teams, in uniform, that sit in those endzone seats for certain games. They are easy to spot and there are lots of them.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:49 pm

i do know for the cuse game any student could bring in 3 people for free & they'd just swipe the card 4 times...fwiw :shrug
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:59 pm

Militant's point is that counting actual tickets might help rather than hurt because BC gives away tickets. Not sure I agree, I think there are a lot of people that buy tickets and go MIA that overwhelm any increase through free tickets.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Militant's point is that counting actual tickets might help rather than hurt because BC gives away tickets. Not sure I agree, I think there are a lot of people that buy tickets and go MIA that overwhelm any increase through free tickets.

I understand what he is saying. I am asking if he truly believes it. The give-away programs are limited (both in use and in size). And, given the far-flung fanbase, the attendance from season tix holders is suspect at best (and I'd wager far exceeds whatever cub scout den got freebies). Factoring in New England weather only further skews the numbers.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:20 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Here's a quick note from a recent Hartford Courant's column from Jeff Jacobs:

It was no fun seeing all those empty seats at Rentschler Field this past season. The announced crowd of 22,591 (tickets distributed) aside, you know how many fans went through the turnstiles for the final home game on Dec. 6? According to the CRDA, it was 5,300. Yes, the weather was lousy. Yes, SMU and UConn were lousy, but 5,300 is beyond sobering.

Not good news for the pups. I don't think the B1G is going to be calling any time soon.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:23 pm

question... can we stop talking about uconn football? it's fucking pathetic
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:58 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:question... can we stop talking about uconn football? it's fucking pathetic

Agreed, although when Bob Diaco eventually kills someone, we should be talk about it again for an hour or two.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:03 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:question... can we stop talking about uconn football? it's fucking pathetic

Agreed, although when Bob Diaco eventually kills someone, we should be talk about it again for an hour or two.

okay - that's a fair point.

but i don't want to hear about any maimings or injuries... homicidification only!!!!
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Wed May 13, 2015 3:10 pm

2015 numbers are out:
Boston College - 7 games - 239,893 total - 34,270 avg.

Compare that to 2014's numbers:
Boston College - 6 games - 198,035 total - 33,006 avg.

That's another 3.8% increase in attendance. Some fun with projections, assuming approximately a 4% sustained growth rate (for no rational reason whatsoever), it should take 7 more years to start selling out Alumni Stadium's 44,500 capacity. Assuming we need a solid 10 years of sellouts to justify filling in the corners to the board of directors, and then another 10 years for a new master plan to be released, and then another 10 years for the construction to be completed, everyone on this board will be dead and buried before the corners are filled in.

:screamyeagle :chewbanka :screamyeagle :chewbanka :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed May 13, 2015 5:20 pm

i predicting the shit shack that is the 2015 schedule will not produce a growth in attendence for the year
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Wed May 13, 2015 6:35 pm

Must be the sushi.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 13, 2015 7:00 pm

I am returning this season, so that makes it 5%

PS - one of the best Rickey Henderson quotes ever
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed May 13, 2015 7:05 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i predicting the shit shack that is the 2015 schedule will not produce a growth in attendence for the year

This.

I couldn't imagine how BC could construct a worse schedule.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Wed May 13, 2015 8:20 pm

It's nice for Wade to have his first 2 games against easy teams though. Not much will be expected of him against FSU, so there's really no pressure until almost October.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 14, 2015 6:50 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i predicting the shit shack that is the 2015 schedule will not produce a growth in attendence for the year

This.

Viewing wise it sucks but it helps get wins with our young roster. At this point in the prrocess, I would rather develope wade and our offensive and defensive lines with a manageable schedule. Going no worse than 6-6 is much better than going 4-8 with a 'formidable' schedule.

Recruits don't care if you go 6-6 beating up on FCS teams. You'd be better off to win 4 games with a marquee national win like USC last year
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu May 14, 2015 7:08 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This.

Viewing wise it sucks but it helps get wins with our young roster. At this point in the prrocess, I would rather develope wade and our offensive and defensive lines with a manageable schedule. Going no worse than 6-6 is much better than going 4-8 with a 'formidable' schedule.

Recruits don't care if you go 6-6 beating up on FCS teams. You'd be better off to win 4 games with a marquee national win like USC last year

Yeah, but you're a millenial that somehow avoided the gaping pussy gene that the rest of your peers did
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu May 14, 2015 7:45 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This.

Yeah, but you're a millenial that somehow avoided the gaping pussy gene that the rest of your peers did

this is not true at all
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium