PSU Allotment: 11t,000

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

PSU Allotment: 11t,000

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:20 pm

Per: http://www.gopsusports.com/bowlcentral/2014.html

Which raises the question...how much did we really get? Content appreciated.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Re: PSU Allotment: 7,692

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:24 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:Per: http://www.gopsusports.com/bowlcentral/2014.html

Which raises the question...how much did we really get? Content appreciated.

Whatever BC got they seem to have sold it all in just a few hours. Suck on that Rick Catlettl!!!!
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:25 pm

Pinstripe just suckin up as much profit as possible? How could Rutgers get 3,000 more last year.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:35 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:Pinstripe just suckin up as much profit as possible? How could Rutgers get 3,000 more last year.

Simple... the bowl is still trying to figure shit out. Good for them if they can make more money because the demand by the gen pop is great. Also, good for the schools as there is less a tix commitment/guarantee. Also, it gives a nice perk for season tix holders and donors. These are all good developments if true. Bottom line... it seems BC-PSU is going to be a better draw than ND-RU.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:23 am

Did the promised email to Flynn Fund/Season ticket holders with the link to purchase tix come out? I did not receive anything yesterday.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:35 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:Did the promised email to Flynn Fund/Season ticket holders with the link to purchase tix come out? I did not receive anything yesterday.

Yes. They seem to be doing it in some sort of cascading fashion. Based on a brief conversation with the FF yesterday morning, what was being posted here and the time I got my email yesterday afternoon... I'm guessing it gradually went down a list of donors AND season tix holders (based on donation levels) and then moved to donors (based on donation levels) and was then going to move to season tix holders. If you donate, you should contact the Flynn Fund and see if they are done (so you know to buy through TicketMaster). If you are a season tix holder, do the same through the ticket office.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:44 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:Did the promised email to Flynn Fund/Season ticket holders with the link to purchase tix come out? I did not receive anything yesterday.

Yes. They seem to be doing it in some sort of cascading fashion. Based on a brief conversation with the FF yesterday morning, what was being posted here and the time I got my email yesterday afternoon... I'm guessing it gradually went down a list of donors AND season tix holders (based on donation levels) and then moved to donors (based on donation levels) and was then going to move to season tix holders. If you donate, you should contact the Flynn Fund and see if they are done (so you know to buy through TicketMaster). If you are a season tix holder, do the same through the ticket office.

Thanks. I guess I need to increase my FF donation level!
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:26 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

anything above $0.00 would likely help exponentially
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:28 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I re-read the initial email and it looks like it is a $1,000 min. FF donation level to buy through the allotment if you are not a season ticket holder.
Last edited by Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:29 am

last i checked $1,000.00 > $0.00
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:35 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I re-read the initial email and it looks like it is a $1,000 min. FF donation level to buy through the allotment if you are not a season ticket holder.

I think any level of donation will get you on the list if you're a season ticket holder, but those with bigger front tails may buy up all the tickets ahead of you. $1000 is the minimum for non-STH.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:50 pm

Mods, please change the title of this thread to PSU Allotment: 11,000. Thanks in advance
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Re: PSU Allotment: 11t,000

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:01 pm

done. you're welcome

by the way, there isn't one ounce of gay shit in this thread so suck on that (in a platonic and non-gay way) eagle216
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:07 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:done. you're welcome

by the way, there isn't one ounce of gay shit in this thread so suck on that (in a platonic and non-gay way) eagle216

You mean other than you and hot tub comparing the size of your front tail?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby smokeybandit on Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:16 am

Penn State's allotment was 7,692. Just they sold them out before PSU was even picked for the game, so they got another 3300.
smokeybandit
n00b

Postby HJS on Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:17 am

smokeybandit {l Wrote}:Penn State's allotment was 7,692. Just they sold them out before PSU was even picked for the game, so they got another 3300.

Thanks for the clarification. BC oversold their allotment and have been trying to find extra tix. That's why we were wondering how you got extra tix. BC's allotment was reserved to donors of certain levels. So, they don't want to tell then tough shit. If you are a run of the mill season tix holder and a sub $1000 donor, your only avenue was TicketMaster (and now ebay and stubhub). Pinstripe Bowl is likely one of (if not the) quickest bowls to sellout. TicketMaster was done as of Tuesday (Wednesday at the latest).

Btw... how did you have an allotment of 7700 Pinstripe Bowl tix to sellout of BEFORE you were picked for the game????
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:29 am

smokeybandit {l Wrote}:Penn State's allotment was 7,692. Just they sold them out before PSU was even picked for the game, so they got another 3300.

So it was 11000.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:29 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

Thanks for the clarification. BC oversold their allotment and have been trying to find extra tix. That's why we were wondering how you got extra tix. BC's allotment was reserved to donors of certain levels. So, they don't want to tell then tough shit. If you are a run of the mill season tix holder and a sub $1000 donor, your only avenue was TicketMaster (and now ebay and stubhub). Pinstripe Bowl is likely one of (if not the) quickest bowls to sellout. TicketMaster was done as of Tuesday (Wednesday at the latest).

Btw... how did you have an allotment of 7700 Pinstripe Bowl tix to sellout of BEFORE you were picked for the game????

They probably had the same designate interest thing that we did
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby smokeybandit on Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:17 pm

Penn State's presale was open to all priority points (PSU calls theirs the Nittany Lion Club) members, on the premise that tickets would be allotted based on total number of points. Basically you picked the game you wanted (every Big Ten bowl was available for presale) and if PSU was selected for that bowl, you got the tix. Obviously the larger the presale numbers, the more attractive a school is to a given bowl. I believe the Big Ten something in its bowl contract that if a school's presale numbers are low, they can negotiate the bowl payout down to reduce the ticket sale guarantee a school is on the hook for.

The 7726 is the allotment the Big Ten had with the Pinstripe. Most non-BCS bowls were around 5000-6000.

I don't know where the extra tickets came from, but 11k tickets is a gigantic amount for a non-BCS bowl
smokeybandit
n00b

Return to Alumni Stadium