Welcome PSU Fans

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Welcome PSU Fans

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:39 pm

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:Maybe I'm not the guy that should provide a warm welcome for the PSU fans.

Nonsense, you'll make them feel right at home.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:40 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Best part is that the scandal is the only reason psu has been relevant since the 80s

Since I know the mouthbreathers from Happy Valley are reading, I said 80s, not 90s. You fucking sucked in the 90s too.

So... on the PSU they are hating on the allegedly outrageous things said in this thread. They raised the busted-logic Catholic "zinger" again (again product of big government education... what do you expect?). They also talked about how we have no clue as to how true PSU fans reacted to the scandal (alluding that them favoring wins over pedophilia is uncalled for).

And then... I read the signature of one of these posters: Penn Staters will not condone the continued control of OUR University by non-authorized trustees, many of whom have prostituted the reputation, the legacy, and the soul of OUR University in order to serve their own self-interests Basically... the reputation, legacy and SOUL of the university is football and the Trustees prostituted all of that just because the PSU lockerroom was Ground Zero for child rape. For shame, Board... for shame! BTW, quoting Barry Fenchak would be the BC equivalent of quoting Stevie Lively.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:43 pm

This is going to be fun. :chewbanka
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:45 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Anyone been to Happy Valley? I saw us beat them in 1992 35-32, attendance 96,130. Foley, Mitchell and Chuckie "The Duke of Runningham" Dukes had huge games. OJ McDuffie almost singlehandedly beat us in the 2nd half.

I will say that OJ MCDuffie was the man. Almost made up for punishing the NFL with

and

and

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:32 pm

Fuck OJ McDuffie. Joe Kamara/Camara had no fear of him when he made his fateful INT. Also, the last 3 minutes of that 1st half was the biggest ass whippings I have ever seen put on what was a top 10 team at the time (if I recall correctly, the bottom fell out on them after that game and they ended up having a shitatstic season). While I was typing this I think Ron Stone buried Lou Benfatti again and Gordon Laro came off a shift and knocked Rick McKenzie the fuck out.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:32 pm

This is Mo'J's time to shine.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:45 pm

this thread is begging for contribution from the nexus: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=157&f=1395&t=13481784
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:03 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:this thread is begging for contribution from the nexus: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=157&f=1395&t=13481784

No comment
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:04 pm

threads like those make me laugh just as much as the similar threads that appear here. all the people that donate 0.0 on an annual basis looking to spend the money that the rest of us donate in extravagant ways.

stupidity like that is not worth the meatbombing
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:06 pm

"$12M is a chunk of change because academics and atmoshpere no longer sells."

Since when do they have academics to sell?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby mod6A on Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:53 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:"$12M is a chunk of change because academics and atmoshpere no longer sells."

as a former PA resident:

if you get to the main campus as a freshman, that's fairly exclusive, considering how many people apply.

the deal is that they have a ton of satellite campuses all over the state. when you graduate hs in PA and don't get into a "real" college, you have 3 choices. 1- get a crap job. 2- go to community college (some of which are decent for what they do) or 3- go to one of these penn state commuter campuses for 13th grade. after 2 years of living in your parent's basement, you then go to the main campus to act like an 18year old freshman for your jr and sr years (often 3 or more). these are the types that are all about joepa/thestatue/legacy/etc. :bag

i read/misheard/misremembered someplace that 1 in 7 people in PA has gone to pennstate for some period of time. i could be wrong but whatever.

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:02 pm

To be fair, $12 million won't go far because approximately $11 million of it will be used to create a state of the art holding cell for Second Mile "recruits" and soundproofing materials to keep the rhythmic slapping noises down. :quadlaser
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:18 pm

PSU fans,

Do you hear those rhythmic, slapping sounds coming from hell?

That is Kirby Puckett and Barbaro taking turns on Joe Paterno for eternity. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:22 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:"$12M is a chunk of change because academics and atmoshpere no longer sells."

The same way Wisconsin's admission standards are too hard for football players.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:25 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Best part is that the scandal is the only reason psu has been relevant since the 80s

Since I know the mouthbreathers from Happy Valley are reading, I said 80s, not 90s. You fucking sucked in the 90s too.

Penn St fans only annoy me because they think they have been relevant in college football this decade, they have not. They can go join Miami, Michigan, Nebraska and numerous other fan bases that think they still matter in college football.

Notre Dame save one season also can go join that group
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:28 pm

Can someone come up with a joke that combines Jerry Sandusky, Bryan Pata and the Hell Football team?
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:41 pm

notre dame made the championship 3 years ago. calling them "save one season" irrelevant is ridiculous.

bc is irrelevant in football "save one doug flutie pass"

penn state, on the other hand, is irrelevant when it comes to football.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby talon on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:06 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:notre dame made the championship 3 years ago. calling them "save one season" irrelevant is ridiculous.

What years were ND not irrelevant, other than the year they lost in the national championship game?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:16 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:notre dame made the championship 3 years ago. calling them "save one season" irrelevant is ridiculous.

What years were ND not irrelevant, other than the year they lost in the national championship game?

what years was george bush president, other than the years he was president?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:18 pm

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:Can someone come up with a joke that combines Jerry Sandusky, Bryan Pata and the Hell Football team?

Sandusky still breathes unfortunately. He's 70 and no doubt in solitary, I'm not sure if for his sake he's better off there, or if he might benefit from a few cellmates loosening him up a bit before he goes to see Barbaro.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby talon on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:23 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:

none.

Ferris State lost a national championship game, too. If I said that Ferris State hockey "save one season" is irrelevant, you'd disagree?
Last edited by talon on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:24 pm

Some of you have a pretty high/pretty strange standard for "relevant", in keeping with this board's occasional tendency to wild exaggeration. If being in the national championship game is the measure of meaningfulness, how relevant is that to the exertions of all the rest of us? Makes the USC victory, not to mention the Pinstripe bowl, pretty meaningless. Is this not obvious?

(As some of us learned at BC, "relevant" is an "intentional" term: something is never just relevant; it is "relevant to" something or someone. If you decide that that something is the national championship, fine. That's YOUR decision. But you don't necessarily have grounds for assuming that's everyone else's definition -- which it evidently isn't -- since most of us care deeply about lots of contests that have no practical relationship to a national championship.)
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:45 pm

Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:Some of you have a pretty high/pretty strange standard for "relevant", in keeping with this board's occasional tendency to wild exaggeration. If being in the national championship game is the measure of meaningfulness, how relevant is that to the exertions of all the rest of us? Makes the USC victory, not to mention the Pinstripe bowl, pretty meaningless. Is this not obvious?

(As some of us learned at BC, "relevant" is an "intentional" term: something is never just relevant; it is "relevant to" something or someone. If you decide that that something is the national championship, fine. That's YOUR decision. But you don't necessarily have grounds for assuming that's everyone else's definition -- which it evidently isn't -- since most of us care deeply about lots of contests that have no practical relationship to a national championship.)

The "to college football" is inherent in the context of this discourse. Just like the "obnoxious" was inherent in your post.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:47 pm

maybe its because I'm part of the :geek: & :ugeek: movement at bc, but from what I've experienced the folk prior to the mod fence at bc just have such an inferiority complex with nd. maybe its because i was there for 1 jags and 3 spaz years so i didn't get a good football experience as a whole, maybe its bc i was a child during the lou holtz / coughlin years so i didn't live the upsets / fake punt etc. maybe because i only was there during the acc years so the ND games whenever they come about are about as important to me as the CSU game was this year.

i have no problem in saying that over the last decade or so nd has made 3 bcs bowls & a national championship game and therefore in my eyes are relevant (especially compared to penn state ool). seeing as only a maximum of 20 schools could've made the championship over that period I'm not sure how you could argue otherwise.

i also have no problem saying i view ND as a peer school & i wish more schools in football were like us & them than fsu & auburn
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:47 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:

I'd suggest that losing in the championship game by eleventy billion points tarnishes your momentary relevance, to the point of it becoming illusory. ND being propped up in the polls does not make them relevant when the first real team that they play kicks their teeth in.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:49 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:maybe its because I'm part of the :geek: & :ugeek: movement at bc, but from what I've experienced the folk prior to the mod fence at bc just have such an inferiority complex with nd. maybe its because i was there for 1 jags and 3 spaz years so i didn't get a good football experience as a whole, maybe its bc i was a child during the lou holtz / coughlin years so i didn't live the upsets / fake punt etc. maybe because i only was there during the acc years so the ND games whenever they come about are about as important to me as the CSU game was this year.

i have no problem in saying that over the last decade or so nd has made 3 bcs bowls & a national championship game and therefore in my eyes are relevant (especially compared to penn state ool). seeing as only a maximum of 20 schools could've made the championship over that period I'm not sure how you could argue otherwise.

i also have no problem saying i view ND as a peer school & i wish more schools in football were like us & them than fsu & auburn

I've been a BC fan since the early 80s and since they have been returning to the glory of 1993, think of ND as a mediocre non-conference opponent in a game that really doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of anything to anyone.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:51 pm

how does one define relevance?

success: 30% of the time they've been in a BCS bowl. 10% of the time in the national championship. id take that.
spotlight: only have a personal TV deal
poll rankings: they always get propped up. that inherently makes them relevant
tv ratings: only played in the 2nd most watched game this year in college football.

they are relevant any way you slice it. i don't see whats wrong in admitting that

i can call them relevant and still not root for them
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:54 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:how does one define relevance?

success: 30% of the time they've been in a BCS bowl. 10% of the time in the national championship. id take that.
tv ratings: only played in the 2nd most watched game this year in college football.

they are relevant any way you slice it. i don't see whats wrong in admitting that

When you name the top 20-25 programs in college football over the last two decades, does ND make your list? If so, leave Southie or South Bend and try again.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:54 pm

not to get in a pissing match because we'd both be bored, but if i recall correctly that year ND went down and beat the shit out of oklahoma on the road, an oklahoma team that was pretty damn good (again iirc).

that bama team was the best team in football by a mile that year
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:how does one define relevance?

When you name the top 20-25 programs in college football over the last two decades, does ND make your list? If so, leave Southie or South Bend and try again.

success =/= relevance. the fact that this is even being discussed proves my point.

and i'd love to see a top 25 ranking of programs over the last decade that doesn't include them. you're out of your mind if you don't think they're in the top 25. but again, success and relevance are not the same thing.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium