Welcome PSU Fans

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Welcome PSU Fans

Postby BCHerbert on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:45 pm

Maybe I'm not the guy that should provide a warm welcome for the PSU fans.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Re: Welcome PSU Fans

Postby StratEagle on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:50 pm

Seems like a lot of PSU fans wish they were in the ACC. That wouldn't suck

http://pennstate.scout.com/forums/1395-audibles-board/13459949-the-fans-who-wish-to-leave-the-big?s=157
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:42 pm

it won't happen for a number of reasons

that said, if we eventually move to 4 conferences of 16 teams, barring a raid for the sec for fsu & clemson / miami / whoever (and i think they'd go texas & oklahoma given their last poach), the 16th spot for the acc will be highly desirable seeing as a group of 4 16's would force nd to probably move into the acc football
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby StratEagle on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:00 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:it won't happen for a number of reasons

that said, if we eventually move to 4 conferences of 16 teams, barring a raid for the sec for fsu & clemson / miami / whoever (and i think they'd go texas & oklahoma given their last poach), the 16th spot for the acc will be highly desirable seeing as a group of 4 16's would force nd to probably move into the acc football

Yeah I definitely don't expect it to. The B1G pays too well. It was just an interesting read that they see themselves as a better fit over here compared to with the rest of the B1G. I wouldn't have expected that.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:17 pm

PSU fans have always wanted to stay east.

It really is something Swofford should be working on behind the scenes. Because if he could add PSU and ND, there is no doubt in my mind our yearly payday per school goes way up.

Not that it is very likely, but it really is a great fit for the conference. You'd have the basketball guys with Duke, UNC, NC State, Pitt, Cuse, Louisville and Wake along with the FB guys with FSU, Clemson, Miami, ND, PSU, VT and GT with BC and UVa as middle men. It really would be good balance for the conference as a whole.

Unfortunately, all of this is likely a pipe dream because ND is all about independence.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:18 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:PSU fans have always wanted to stay east.

It really is something Swofford should be working on behind the scenes. Because if he could add PSU and ND, there is no doubt in my mind our yearly payday per school goes way up.

Not that it is very likely, but it really is a great fit for the conference. You'd have the basketball guys with Duke, UNC, NC State, Pitt, Cuse, Louisville and Wake along with the FB guys with FSU, Clemson, Miami, ND, PSU, VT and GT with BC and UVa as middle men. It really would be good balance for the conference as a whole.

Unfortunately, all of this is likely a pipe dream because ND is all about independence.

'ND is all about independence so long as NBC keep throwing money away out of fear of being shut out of college football entirely. If NBC wakes the fuck up and throws that money at a conference, ND's independence is over.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:PSU fans have always wanted to stay east.

'ND is all about independence so long as NBC keep throwing money away out of fear of being shut out of college football entirely. If NBC wakes the fuck up and throws that money at a conference, ND's independence is over.

If ND ever becomes #15, I'm actually fairly confident that the ACC would have a decent shot at PSU for #16.
- My opinion (and seems to be shared by many at PSU), but ACC would offer better opponents and works better for what is primarily an east coast PSU alumni base.
- Would assume with ND and PSU, the ACC media $'s would rival any other conference in the country, and maybe even exceed them all. Even if the new ACC had to wait out the remainder of the ESPN contract (though I think I heard ND is an exception that reopens the contract), just imagine the bidding war between networks for those kind of ACC rights. At the very least NBC would make a strong push and drive up the price substantially.
- An ACCN would be must-have on every set east of the Mississippi, including NYC. Forget the BTN getting even a fraction of the NYC money. Rutgers vs. PSU and ND! And with ND on board, ACCN might possibly be a country wide must-have.

All hinges on ND. And yes, not the first time a conference has had their future hinge on ND. Needless to say, I'm not getting my hopes up.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby talon on Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:16 am

Stuff like this is NOT FUNNY.

Penn State fans do not deserve to be made fun of like this.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:45 am

talon {l Wrote}:Image

Stuff like this is NOT FUNNY.

Penn State fans do not deserve to be made fun of like this.

Of course not. It's not like their University covered up years and years of child abuse. And it's not like they are all still in denial about the whole thing. So you're right, why should they deserve this treatment? :dildodog
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:49 am

When Daz has a chance to kneel the ball in the fourth of quarter of a lopsided victory, I hope he stops and thinks of the victims, those that perpetrated them at Ped ST (either directly or indirectly), and then decides instead to run the ball down their throat for another TD (and missed PAT).

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:30 pm

In fairness there are two types of PSU alums. The ones who went to State because they weren't smart enough to get into Villanova and the ones who were ecstatic that they fulfilled their childhood dream and didn't have to go to East Stroudsburg. The sheepish safety school types are okay--I have a couple of relatives and friends who fit that type. Generally speaking, they are ashamed of the way the school was complicit in Sandusky and Paterno's evil and of their fellow alum fucking morons who think Ped State was victimized. The other type are the true believers and they are worse than Hitler and should all be killed.

Anyway, it has been 24 years and change since they last beat us in a football game (if fucking Foley good have thrown the ball 3 inches lower it is 25 years). Unless Daz gacks one up like Pitt or CSU we should dick stomp them. I hope Joe Camara is still alive and we can honor him after the game.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:23 am

Best part is that the scandal is the only reason psu has been relevant since the 80s
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby smokeybandit on Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:38 am

Is this a Welcome PSU Fans thread or a Troll PSU Fans thread?
smokeybandit
n00b

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:48 am

It sat here for days with no interest... until your thin-skinned message board started ripping us for seeing a random Ped State reference. Since your fans had no interest in discussing the game, season or conferences and only seem to engage on the topic of Sandusky, we figured we'd oblige. Honestly... your fans will never be able to put the scandal behind them if they continue to have a vitriolic "we are the REAL victims" response whenever the slightest sophomoric reference is made.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:52 am

smokeybandit {l Wrote}:Is this a Welcome PSU Fans thread or a Troll PSU Fans thread?

This the Official welcome thread, so graciously started by BCHerbert. thanks for coming.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby talon on Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:55 am

Of course I'm rooting for BC, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if Penn State won. Their fans have been through so much. A statue came down. People may think that's not a big deal, but how would we feel if the statue of Doug Flutie was removed? Or if the inevitable statue of Jerry York went up and came down?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:32 am

smokeybandit {l Wrote}:Is this a Welcome PSU Fans thread or a Troll PSU Fans thread?

I mean, we pretty much troll everyone in every thread. That's why people love us.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:33 am

talon {l Wrote}:Of course I'm rooting for BC, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if Penn State won. Their fans have been through so much. A statue came down. People may think that's not a big deal, but how would we feel if the statue of Doug Flutie was removed? Or if the inevitable statue of Jerry York went up and came down?

Wow. Never thought of it that way. Fight on State!
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:36 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:

I mean, we pretty much troll everyone in every thread. That's why people love us.

Yeah. You guys are real jerks. h0mojs isn't funny... it isn't fun.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:36 am

"Of course I'm rooting for BC, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if Penn State won. Their fans have been through so much. A statue came down. People may think that's not a big deal, but how would we feel if the statue of Doug Flutie was removed? Or if the inevitable statue of Jerry York went up and came down?"

This. Except I'd not be contemplating a PSU victory with equanimity.

And it's not as though a Sandusky was somehow inevitable there. Bad things happen everywhere. And, Paterno did get rid of him when suspicions arose. Whether more should have been done on the basis of that suspicion and what were the real dimensions of that suspicion are other questions.

My more serious reaction is that I don't want to be giving anyone bulletin board fodder or its equivalent. Word has a way of getting around.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby talon on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:13 pm

Assuming that none of the Sandusky stuff happened, and Joe Paterno stepped down in a willing retirement, he'd probably be alive today. He died of a broken heart.

Out of all the victims in this entire saga, only one of them died.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:20 pm

Whenever PSU fans try to equate the Catholic Church scandal and the Sandusky scandal they always miss the mark. BC and the Catholic Church are at arms length, I never got the sense that the Jesuits and the Archdiocese were on the best of terms. Saying that BC is part of the scandal is akin to a scandal in the PA state government makes PSU looks bad since they're a state school. They don't seem to understand that BC had nothing to do with a Catholic Church scandal much like PSU would have nothing to do with a similar type of scandal in Harrisburg.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:49 pm

Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:Word has a way of getting around.

Not at Penn State.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:51 pm

talon
Cushing Hall

Postby mod6A on Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:44 pm

talon {l Wrote}:Of course I'm rooting for BC, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if Penn State won. Their fans have been through so much. A statue came down. People may think that's not a big deal, but how would we feel if the statue of Doug Flutie was removed? Or if the inevitable statue of Jerry York went up and came down?

i would be sad if that statue came down.
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:59 pm

We should throw the game in deference to the unjustified suffering Penn State and its fans have been forced to endure. How outrageous and unfair it is that such a model football program should be punished for the actions of individuals who had so little do with football at Penn State, individuals such as Sandusky and Paterno. Perhaps we should erect a statue of Paterno as well, to right the wrongs of the heinous and vindictive powers who conspire so tirelessly to smear the Penn State program.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:14 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Best part is that the scandal is the only reason psu has been relevant since the 80s

Since I know the mouthbreathers from Happy Valley are reading, I said 80s, not 90s. You fucking sucked in the 90s too.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:25 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Best part is that the scandal is the only reason psu has been relevant since the 80s

Since I know the mouthbreathers from Happy Valley are reading, I said 80s, not 90s. You fucking sucked in the 90s too.

I have to disagree with this.
They've had some good teams in the 90s and 00s. Several 11 win seasons, a couple of bigten titles, and an undefeated season in 1994.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:26 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I have to disagree with this.
They've had some good teams in the 90s and 00s. Several 11 win seasons, a couple of bigten titles, and an undefeated season in 1994.

:hansen

PS, yeah the 94 team was good.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:35 pm

Anyone been to Happy Valley? I saw us beat them in 1992 35-32, attendance 96,130. Foley, Mitchell and Chuckie "The Duke of Runningham" Dukes had huge games. OJ McDuffie almost singlehandedly beat us in the 2nd half.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium