ITS THE PINSTRIPE!!!!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: ITS THE PINSTRIPE!!!!

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:48 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I've seen a lot of Penn St

Their offense is Spaz bad. They block no one BCs blitz should get there all day. Their D seems pretty good against the run and it frankly doesn't mattet against the pass since we don't throw it.

BC something like 16-10 feels right with a missed XP. For people predicting a blowout, we don't really have the ability to blow the doors off a semi-talented D1 team.

I would argue that BC damn near blew the doors off USC for a good portion of that game. Score was closer than that game felt for the last 3 quarters.

BC blew the doors of UMass, Maine and Cuse. The rest were awfully close
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:15 am

Just bought one of those few that released. $75 on the 300 level on the BC side is perfect
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:29 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:looks like its not completely sold out...just went on the website and it looks like they were holding back a few complete sections in the 400s

I think TRE cancelled some of his purchases.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:13 pm

I don't know the ins and outs. But at one point, BC was planning to run Bowl practice out of Fordham. Somehow, they offered it to Ped State. That resulted in us working out an arrangement with Columbia. However, I assume due to the weather, that was scrapped and John Mara offered-up the Giants indoor facility. The team was given talks by Andre, Mara and Couglin (who Instagram stupidly only references as a former BC assistant coach) and had visits by Kiwi and Herzy. I bet these kids are having a hell of a time.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:10 am

There's a Fordham law joke in there about Ped State, I'm just too drunk to make it.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby BCdee on Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:08 am

Are we wearing special pinstripe unis tomorrow? Looks like they might hint about it in this....

BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:19 pm

eo section is 229 tomorrow DO NOT approach
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:45 pm

Is there a gamewatch in Boston?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:20 am

I heard yesterday that ticket sales were 50/50 between the two teams but that the boxes and suites were almost uniformly taken by BC... so much so that revenues generated favored BC 70/30. This is all coming from someone who talked to a bowl rep. I have no way to verify. But the bowl rep was saying that they were floored by the BC response and couldn't be happier with the way things have turned out this year.

I guess we'll see if any of that is true in about 7 hours (which should be enough time for folks to get into the game for the 2nd quarter). Unfortunately, we'll probably be at the mercy of the TV cameras as none of us will be there.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TheRealVinny on Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:01 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Kudos to Bates:

Mark Holtzman, the Pinstripe’s executive director, said the selection committee was bowled over by BC’s presentation, particularly when Bates laid out the figures on the fan base, and estimated how many could attend given their proximity to the game.

“I was staggered when Brad Bates made a presentation and he showed me the amount of alumni within 60 miles, the amount of kids who are going to be home from school,’’ Holtzman said. “I mean, it’s incredible. So that really stood out.

“In Brad and Coach Addazio, I don’t think you could have two better salespeople for their school.’’

Duke also was under consideration for the ACC’s Tier One Bowl slot in the Pinstripe, which is in the first year of its conference tie-in with the Big Ten and the ACC.

“There were a lot of schools that wanted to play here and there were a lot of schools that would have translated here,’’ Holtzman said. “But at the end of the day, [BC] just did a great job.’’

“We broke it down by areas and we also showed historical data,” said Bates. “For example, we took over 10,000 people to West Point three years ago, and that’s in West Point, it’s not in New York City.

“So we put together [a presentation] and it wasn’t an embellishment by any stretch of the imagination. It was a true depiction of how many people live in this area. Boston College is an international university, but its center is in New England.’’

Thanks for posting. Do you have a link?

(TRE - please make note of these compliments)

should i also list that at some time during his marriage he convinced his wife to do sex at him?

If you want to think about Bates doing those things, sure, make yourself happy.

i thought we were just putting together a list of things that should be expected of him in performing his required duties and calling them "accomplishments"

should i compile a gold star for every day he successfully commuted to work without homiciding someone or himself? i might need vinny to help me with some of the legwork on that one

“In Brad and Coach Addazio, I don’t think you could have two better salespeople for their school.’’

yeah - the athletic director sells the school. so he's better than gdf - i guess that means he walks on water.

to quote chris rock... "you're supposed to take care of your kids - whachu want, a cookie?"

TRE, the comment was not, "BC did a nice job selling the school." It was, "I don't think you could have two better salespeople for their school." But I know it pains you to compliment a BC employee, TreJS, so I am done here.

It's funny.. I've been off this board for about 2 years and you guys are still talking about me. Now I'm back!
I stand by my comments... Jags had character issues, he was not who we thought he was.... Let's move on, GO EAGLES!
TheRealVinny
n00b

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:26 am

TheRealVinny {l Wrote}:It's funny.. I've been off this board for about 2 years and you guys are still talking about me. Now I'm back!

Can you tell us everything that happened with that whole thing where you begged for your posts to get deleted? Please provide as much detail as you can without getting yourself in trouble.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TheRealVinny on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:17 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
TheRealVinny {l Wrote}:It's funny.. I've been off this board for about 2 years and you guys are still talking about me. Now I'm back!

Can you tell us everything that happened with that whole thing where you begged for your posts to get deleted? Please provide as much detail as you can without getting yourself in trouble.

There were many rumers flying around about him having various affairs and causing some problems at the ACC meetings. I spoke out of turn while working for BC which was a mistake. I was fired up about some of the posts on here and used did not use my best judgement when posting. However, I'm sure all of us have heard the rumers about Jags and I am not the only one who questions his charecter. That being said we have a good coach now and as long as we can fix our kicking game have a bright future.
I stand by my comments... Jags had character issues, he was not who we thought he was.... Let's move on, GO EAGLES!
TheRealVinny
n00b

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:22 pm

TheRealVinny {l Wrote}:

There were many rumers flying around about him having various affairs and causing some problems at the ACC meetings. I spoke out of turn while working for BC which was a mistake. I was fired up about some of the posts on here and used did not use my best judgement when posting. However, I'm sure all of us have heard the rumers about Jags and I am not the only one who questions his charecter. That being said we have a good coach now and as long as we can fix our kicking game have a bright future.

Gotcha. What were the mechanics of what happened? Who approached you about what you posted on the board? What did they tell you to do? Were there any threats or ultimatums? And, let's get to the heart of the matter - how involved was Gene? At any point, did Gene confront you personally? What was his demeanor?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:39 pm

TheRealVinny {l Wrote}:

Gotcha. What were the mechanics of what happened? Who approached you about what you posted on the board? What did they tell you to do? Were there any threats or ultimatums? And, let's get to the heart of the matter - how involved was Gene? At any point, did Gene confront you personally? What was his demeanor?

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TheRealVinny on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:56 pm

TheRealVinny {l Wrote}:

No Gene had nothing to do with it at all. Someone called me up pretending to be Jags' lawyer, I'm pretty sure he was full of shit. I freaked out even though it was all BS and I should have told the person on the phone to pound sand. I would now.
TheRealVinny
n00b

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:18 pm

TheRealVinny {l Wrote}:
TheRealVinny {l Wrote}:

No Gene had nothing to do with it at all. Someone called me up pretending to be Jags' lawyer, I'm pretty sure he was full of shit. I freaked out even though it was all BS and I should have told the person on the phone to pound sand. I would now.

This is not nearly as dramatic as I envisioned it these past couple of years, yet somehow it makes the story even better.

Jags' lawyer impersonator, if you're reading this, I salute you.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:58 pm

TheRealVinny {l Wrote}: However, I'm sure all of us have heard the rumers about Jags

Yes, I remember that we all heard about them from you.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:08 pm

Received a nice letter from Bates, thanking us for our attendance at the Pinstripe and hoping we buy season tickets and go to next year's bowl game. A nice gesture from the athletic department.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:04 pm

At least i got to meet Colin Larmond and i saw my pal Tony Schwartz at the game.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:06 pm

TheRealVinny {l Wrote}:
TheRealVinny {l Wrote}:

So basically you smeared Jags based on rumors that your greaseball boss started to cover his ass for firing a winning coach in favor of a clueless old failure. Nice fucking job. Oh by the way, you still think Spaz is a good coach?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Bunratty on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:35 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:Received a nice letter from Bates, thanking us for our attendance at the Pinstripe and hoping we buy season tickets and go to next year's bowl game.

So, Bates already has us in a bowl game next year........... :cheer
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:46 pm

I take back everything I ever said about Third Down Donnie Brown. It's no big deal that he gave up 433 yards against the worst offense in the Big Ten... who cares if the 72 yard TD was the longest in PSU history... it doesn't matter that Heckenberg's disastrous sophomore season was rehabbed by one of the best QB performance in the history of PSU. All that matters is that by giving up 24 points over the last 20 min of the game/OT... Donnie assured that Kyle Flood and Rutgers would win their first ever Lambert Trophy.
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... ds-trophy/
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:02 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I take back everything I ever said about Third Down Donnie Brown. It's no big deal that he gave up 433 yards against the worst offense in the Big Ten... who cares if the 72 yard TD was the longest in PSU history... it doesn't matter that Heckenberg's disastrous sophomore season was rehabbed by one of the best QB performance in the history of PSU. All that matters is that by giving up 24 points over the last 20 min of the game/OT... Donnie assured that Kyle Flood and Rutgers would win their first ever Lambert Trophy.

Late PAC money looking to seal the landslide here.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:14 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I take back everything I ever said about Third Down Donnie Brown. It's no big deal that he gave up 433 yards against the worst offense in the Big Ten... who cares if the 72 yard TD was the longest in PSU history... it doesn't matter that Heckenberg's disastrous sophomore season was rehabbed by one of the best QB performance in the history of PSU. All that matters is that by giving up 24 points over the last 20 min of the game/OT... Donnie assured that Kyle Flood and Rutgers would win their first ever Lambert Trophy.

this will get him past iowa and new hampshire but he'll need more to make it through super tuesday in rhode island...

the most recent polling data i saw from nyt has moj and roonie as a dead heat. since roonie's sworn off the place, i'm kinda hoping the agenda man can pull it out on friday. EDIT - i also hopes that he wins the asshat poll
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:16 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

this will get him past iowa and new hampshire but he'll need more to make it through super tuesday in rhode island...

the most recent polling data i saw from nyt has moj and roonie as a dead heat. since roonie's sworn off the place, i'm kinda hoping the agenda man can pull it out on friday. EDIT - i also hopes that he wins the asshat poll

I LAUGHED.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:39 pm

This post isn't good for my hopes of going back-to-back
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:14 pm

http://deadspin.com/report-ncaa-conside ... 120345/all

Just.....wow.

The NCAA did this to themselves. I said at the time, prior to the sanctions being announced, that they had two options--the death penalty or nothing. They could have released a statement saying that what happened at PSU was horrific, the NCAA condemns it in the strongest terms, but that it was not an offense of a type that the NCAA had jurisdiction over and therefore they could take no action at all against Penn State. Or they could have gone full nuclear enema and obliterated the program. They did neither, they half-assed it, allowed the fucking mouth breathers to continue to paint themselves as the victim, and now they are going to allow the Paterno worshippers to feel vindicated.

The NCAA gave SMU the death penalty for fucking paying players. In the case of PSU they asserted jurisdiction over the horrific things that occurred there, yet deemed the fucking serial molestation of children over 15-20 years and the coverup of said child rape by the program's head coach and the school's administrators to be a less serious violation than fucking PAYING PLAYERS.

Fuck Ped State and fuck the NCAA.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:47 pm

I guess reporting the incident to the DA was part of the cover up? The DA did investigate Paterno and Paterno did comply with state law by reporting the incident to his superiors and he did get JS off his staff after the first incident. The DA was well aware of JS. The NCAA should not have gotten involved until all of the criminal trials concluded. Only a criminal investigation can get all of the facts in an unbiased, professional method. BC's point shaving was left to the FBI/US Attorney and players went to jail, but there were no sactions levied by the NCAA against BC. We might find out that the VP Schultz just completely mishandled the entire situation and might have withheld information from the DA. Paterno made a good scapegoat and distracted the public from looking at the officers of the corporation. If the victims can pin this on an officer of the corporation, the civil lawsuits will be huge due to PSU's deep pockets.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:44 am

Disgusting, but sadly not surprising.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:49 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I guess reporting the incident to the DA was part of the cover up? The DA did investigate Paterno and Paterno did comply with state law by reporting the incident to his superiors and he did get JS off his staff after the first incident. The DA was well aware of JS. The NCAA should not have gotten involved until all of the criminal trials concluded. Only a criminal investigation can get all of the facts in an unbiased, professional method. BC's point shaving was left to the FBI/US Attorney and players went to jail, but there were no sactions levied by the NCAA against BC. We might find out that the VP Schultz just completely mishandled the entire situation and might have withheld information from the DA. Paterno made a good scapegoat and distracted the public from looking at the officers of the corporation. If the victims can pin this on an officer of the corporation, the civil lawsuits will be huge due to PSU's deep pockets.

Can we get a recount on this guy's Asshat of the Year matchup? He's really making a late push here.

Joe knew. He knew Sandusky was still running an overnight camp for young boys on campus, and he looked the other way. And Penn State and the NCAA are cool with that because he won football games. And you have the gall to compare that to a gambling scandal? Fuck you with a cactus.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium