ITS THE PINSTRIPE!!!!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: ITS THE PINSTRIPE!!!!

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:59 pm

:kudos to that guy who blatantly bought out the standing room only seats on the terrace & is selling them for $145 a pop
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:51 pm

i wouldnt read into that...buying grandstand tickets (400) wasn't an option for our allotment if i recall correctly.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:04 pm

talon {l Wrote}:Is it just me, or are there a lot more tickets for sale on the BC side than on the Penn State side on stubhub?

http://www.stubhub.com/pinstripe-bowl-t ... 4-9106414/

Who would want to stand for an entire football game.

:whalepants :whalepants
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:11 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:Is it just me, or are there a lot more tickets for sale on the BC side than on the Penn State side on stubhub?

can't wait to get down in front'd, took less than 3 minutes of game time at rolly clown college
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:20 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:interesting thought. we all know uconn dominates & delivers the ny market but for their game vs army despite incessant groupon harrassing offers they got about 20k at yankee stadium.

whereas our game vs ped state sold out in less than a week & the cheapest pair of seats on stubhub is $150 per ticket

That game had 27k total (im assuming that number includes the cadets that were there too), but according to the BY they "packed the stadium" and proved they delver NYC. They also didnt open the 300 or 400 levels for that game it appears
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:23 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

can't wait to get down in front'd, took less than 3 minutes of game time at rolly clown college

I fully expect this to happen to me multiple times during the game.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:37 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

It's going to be a plague.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:51 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

It's going to be a plague.

it made me feel at home on walmart road :shrug
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Brooklyneagle on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:02 pm

From USA Today:
Christian Hackenberg might have been the biggest disappointment of the season—at least as far as players, not teams, are concerned.

The top-ranked quarterback in the 2013 recruiting class saw his QB rating drop 30 points as a sophomore and his touchdown-to-interception ratio flip from 2:1 to 1:2. He threw eight touchdowns on 434 attempts, including one on 116 attempts in his final four games.

But Hackenberg has undeniable talent and should benefit from the month-or-so to clear his mind. He ended last season with his best performance of the year—completing 21 of 30 passes for 339 yards and four touchdowns at Wisconsin—and is playing for a head coach, James Franklin, who has always fared well in bowl games.

"This season for a lot of guys, including myself and Christian, is going to help him tremendously as he goes forward," offensive coordinator John Donovan told reporters at Pinstripe Bowl media day.

If he needed to be humbled, he has been.

Boston College is a solid but beatable opponent that ranked No. 41 in the country in pass defense, per Football Outsiders' S&P+ ratings. It's precisely the type of defense Hackenberg can play well against without feeling like he padded stats against a scrub.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:From USA Today:
Christian Hackenberg might have been the biggest disappointment of the season—at least as far as players, not teams, are concerned.

The top-ranked quarterback in the 2013 recruiting class saw his QB rating drop 30 points as a sophomore and his touchdown-to-interception ratio flip from 2:1 to 1:2. He threw eight touchdowns on 434 attempts, including one on 116 attempts in his final four games.

But Hackenberg has undeniable talent and should benefit from the month-or-so to clear his mind. He ended last season with his best performance of the year—completing 21 of 30 passes for 339 yards and four touchdowns at Wisconsin—and is playing for a head coach, James Franklin, who has always fared well in bowl games.

"This season for a lot of guys, including myself and Christian, is going to help him tremendously as he goes forward," offensive coordinator John Donovan told reporters at Pinstripe Bowl media day.

If he needed to be humbled, he has been.

Boston College is a solid but beatable opponent that ranked No. 41 in the country in pass defense, per Football Outsiders' S&P+ ratings. It's precisely the type of defense Hackenberg can play well against without feeling like he padded stats against a scrub.

Hackenberg's regression has nothing to do with what's between his ears and everything to do with the fact that Ped State's line sucks. It was ranked 118th in sacks-allowed and paved the way for the 120th ranked rushing attack in the nation. He's a promising QB, but the month off won't do shit for Hackenberg in this game.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby h2o on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:38 pm

Where is today's extended weather report?
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby talon on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:48 pm

h2o {l Wrote}:Where is today's extended weather report?

Sat
Dec 27
Snow and rain in the morning
49°Lo 29°
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:48 pm

Pardon my ignorance, but was Franklin the Vandy coach when they beat us in the Music City (?) bowl several years back? We lost that game -- in which our defense dominated -- only because of a Vandy punt that glanced off one of our guys and they recovered on about our 10 yard line and scored, and because of two consecutive fifteen year penalties that brought them in range to kick a winning field goal at the end of the game.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby h2o on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:52 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
h2o {l Wrote}:Where is today's extended weather report?

Sat
Dec 27
Snow and rain in the morning
49°Lo 29°

Thanks. Please post daily updates.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby talon on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:52 pm

Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:Pardon my ignorance, but was Franklin the Vandy coach when they beat us in the Music City (?) bowl several years back? We lost that game -- in which our defense dominated -- only because of a Vandy punt that glanced off one of our guys and they recovered on about our 10 yard line and scored, and because of two consecutive fifteen year penalties that brought them in range to kick a winning field goal at the end of the game.

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia ... ecords.php
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:58 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:Pardon my ignorance, but was Franklin the Vandy coach when they beat us in the Music City (?) bowl several years back? We lost that game -- in which our defense dominated -- only because of a Vandy punt that glanced off one of our guys and they recovered on about our 10 yard line and scored, and because of two consecutive fifteen year penalties that brought them in range to kick a winning field goal at the end of the game.

Thanks.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:04 pm

talon {l Wrote}:

Yup. Awesome.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby h2o on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:15 pm

talon {l Wrote}:

Vandy had two head coaches from 1918 - 1934.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby talon on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:27 pm

h2o {l Wrote}:Vandy had two head coaches from 1918 - 1934.

Actually, they only had two head coaches from 1904-1939.

Dan McGugin was coach from 1904 to 1917.
J. Ray Morrison coached in 1918.
Then Dan McGugin coached again from 1919 to 1934.
Then J. Ray got his job back and coached from 1935 to 1939.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:34 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Better than my experience getting down in fronted at a RCC game
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:16 am

Pinstripe Bowl said they sold out in 36 hours. It's gotta be one of the fastest bowls to have sold out this season.

Interestingly, when Brad Bates made his presentation to the Pinstripe Bowl (regarding BC alums in the area, etc), he brought Addazio along with him and Randy Levine said Daz was the best salesman he has ever came across. Levine said they told Swofford that they chose the ACC as the pairing for the B10 it was because they wanted BC most years (I think that is crap, but I do believe that Cuse, ND and BC (and once and a blue moon Duke) will be the normal participants in this bowl).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:28 am

today's long range forecast calls for "considerable cloudiness" and a high of 35.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:40 am

has anybody gotten their tickets? i dont understand why this cant be a faster process...bc says well have them on monday at the latest...but i know plenty of people who will already be travellign for the week by monday
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:53 am

talon {l Wrote}:today's long range forecast calls for "considerable cloudiness" and a high of 35.

I liked yesterday's long range forecast better
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:58 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Pinstripe Bowl said they sold out in 36 hours. It's gotta be one of the fastest bowls to have sold out this season.

Interestingly, when Brad Bates made his presentation to the Pinstripe Bowl (regarding BC alums in the area, etc), he brought Addazio along with him and Randy Levine said Daz was the best salesman he has ever came across. Levine said they told Swofford that they chose the ACC as the pairing for the B10 it was because they wanted BC most years (I think that is crap, but I do believe that Cuse, ND and BC (and once and a blue moon Duke) will be the normal participants in this bowl).

this is all well and good but there will be more blue and white in the stands than there will be maroon and gold. in my mind, the freak sell out has much more to do with being 4 hours from state college than it does about being 3 1/2 hours from chestnut hill
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:20 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:has anybody gotten their tickets? i dont understand why this cant be a faster process...bc says well have them on monday at the latest...but i know plenty of people who will already be travellign for the week by monday

*raises hand*
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:53 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:has anybody gotten their tickets? i dont understand why this cant be a faster process...bc says well have them on monday at the latest...but i know plenty of people who will already be travellign for the week by monday

*raises hand*

yeah, but you picked yours up from the box office before watching the women's hockey practice last night
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:02 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

*raises hand*

yeah, but you picked yours up from the box office before watching the women's hockey practice last night

hes in league w tuba steak?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:12 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:this is all well and good but there will be more blue and white in the stands than there will be maroon and gold. in my mind, the freak sell out has much more to do with being 4 hours from state college than it does about being 3 1/2 hours from chestnut hill

Yes, the land grant with a couple million living alums and a 100K plus home stadium that sells out regularly that is basically equidistant will probably have more fans than we do at the bowl game. It still pretty nice to not have a complete debacle once in awhile.

I applaud the lack of debacle.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:16 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

*raises hand*

:bored
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy