ITS THE PINSTRIPE!!!!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: ITS THE PINSTRIPE!!!!

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:47 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:Call me a pussy if you want, but the potential for extremely cold weather is a major negative. I will still go, but the cold will suck, and it will probably impact the amount of people I bring (kids, for instance - mine and others) which does impact ticket sales. Same game in late September, and I would be bringing a HUGE group of people. I am outside in cold weather all the time, but its always while being active (skiing, running, soccer). The idea of just standing around for 4 hours in 25 degree weather sucks. I will still go, but I will be complaining about my sandy vagina the whole time.

It's all about layers and wearing the proper Under Armour/Nike gear underneath the clothing (both legs and upper body). I did that for the Louisville and Cuse and was fine except for my feet. I wore two pairs of socks and my feet were still cold. While watching the Packers-Patriots, the sideline reporter mentioned that Aaron Rodgers inserts multiple handwarmers in his socks/shoes. I am going to try that.

I agree, and I have all of that stuff, but without being active, its still hard. That stuff works best when one is active.

The bottom line is that human beings are not meant to be outside in sub-freezing temps without being active. Even the most primitive of cultures knew this, and were able to create small heated areas for sleeping, eating, and resting.

Just use hand and foot warmers, wear a good hat and boots, and otherwise layers as others have said. I'm able to make it through many an Army-Navy game in freezing rain and freezing temps as long as I follow those simple rules.

These are the words of a man who stands up when he pees.

This has been one of talon's better gimmicks.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:22 pm

For the Champs Bowl (Ryan's senior year), I seem to recall the athletic department purchasing 1,000 tickets for students and assisting with transportation. Not sure if the transportation part is true given the distance, but for some reason I have that memory. Any word on whether the athletic department will do something similar this time around? Or at least provide buses from campus for the students who live in the Boston area?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:40 pm

I just looked up PSU to see what they did this year. Really weird team (at least based on the stats). They were the top D in the B10 (4th best D nationally). They have the best run D in the entire country. Conversely, they were the worst offense in the B10. They averaged less than 20 points a game. They had far-and-away the worst rushing O and only marginally acceptable passing O (combined for 325 yards per game). Other than running up the score against UMass (48) and Temple (30), they failed to score 27 points in their other 10 games (scoring 21 or less 8 times). Their QB has twice as many INTs as he does TDs. It sounds like betting the under should be a very safe bet.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:Call me a pussy if you want, but the potential for extremely cold weather is a major negative. I will still go, but the cold will suck, and it will probably impact the amount of people I bring (kids, for instance - mine and others) which does impact ticket sales. Same game in late September, and I would be bringing a HUGE group of people. I am outside in cold weather all the time, but its always while being active (skiing, running, soccer). The idea of just standing around for 4 hours in 25 degree weather sucks. I will still go, but I will be complaining about my sandy vagina the whole time.

It's all about layers and wearing the proper Under Armour/Nike gear underneath the clothing (both legs and upper body). I did that for the Louisville and Cuse and was fine except for my feet. I wore two pairs of socks and my feet were still cold. While watching the Packers-Patriots, the sideline reporter mentioned that Aaron Rodgers inserts multiple handwarmers in his socks/shoes. I am going to try that.

I agree, and I have all of that stuff, but without being active, its still hard. That stuff works best when one is active.

The bottom line is that human beings are not meant to be outside in sub-freezing temps without being active. Even the most primitive of cultures knew this, and were able to create small heated areas for sleeping, eating, and resting.

Just use hand and foot warmers, wear a good hat and boots, and otherwise layers as others have said. I'm able to make it through many an Army-Navy game in freezing rain and freezing temps as long as I follow those simple rules.

These are the words of a man who stands up when he pees.

This has been one of talon's better gimmicks.

No gimmick. He's seen how I pee.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:41 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:For the Champs Bowl (Ryan's senior year), I seem to recall the athletic department purchasing 1,000 tickets for students and assisting with transportation. Not sure if the transportation part is true given the distance, but for some reason I have that memory. Any word on whether the athletic department will do something similar this time around? Or at least provide buses from campus for the students who live in the Boston area?

I can't see BC doing this. There are plenty of nerds home for the holidays in NY/NJ/CT to provide a decent student section.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:44 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Their QB has twice as many INTs as he does TDs.

His ratio was the opposite in 2013. That's why I think the sanctions must have really hurt them on the offensive side of the ball this year.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:56 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:We didn't grill and I don't recall if it had bathrooms.

This is why God invented the Stadium Pal.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:56 pm

Glad I waited...they are cheaper thru BC.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:58 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:Just go to Stan's Sports Bar, Yankee Tavern or one of many other bars in the general vicinity.

I'd rather drink in the Yankee Stadium concourse than any of those dumps.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:12 pm

Sgt. Slaughter Coach Addazio hereby orders you (nicely) to go to the bowl game:

Love the music. Feels like Army-Navy!
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:15 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Glad I waited...they are cheaper thru BC.

Can you elaborate? I haven't seen an e-mail yet. (I am a low end Flynn Fund Donor and season ticket holder).
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:18 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

It's a very common misconception that if your feet get cold that you should wear more socks. Forget your feet! The issue is not your sensitive little toesies! The issue is your core body temperature. When your core body temperature drops below a certain point your body begins redirecting blood flow to central areas to conserve temperature, shunting blood away from your fingers and toes through capillary action. Your fingers and toes feel cold because you've allowed your core body temperature to drop too much and now there isn't as much blood (which is warm, duh) flowing through them. All the socks in the world won't warm your toes if you can't maintain core body temperature.

So the answer is extra CORE layers. Go to a sports store and go to the winter sports section. Get a moisture whicking baselayer top and bottom (long johns), and maybe even a middle layers and wear these under your regular clothes. And remember, forget cottons. They retain moisture which will cool you further. And yes, moisture is a problem, because if you're layering right you may actually have moments where your core is too hot and you'll sweat. So stick to wool and synthetics so the clothes don't get damp.

And yes, on top of all of that, wear two layers of wool socks and thick boots. And keep moving. During TV timeouts go say hi to a friend in the next section or something.

Really, really wish I could go to this one!

Three things:

A. Complaining about the cold makes you a pussy. Try Lambeau in January.
2. Bring a folded up cardboard box and stand on it instead of the concrete. Impacts foot warmth substantially.
d. Put liter bottles of vodka or fireball in your junk underneath your snow pants.

Have fun.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:21 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

Can you elaborate? I haven't seen an e-mail yet. (I am a low end Flynn Fund Donor and season ticket holder).

I can't reopen the thing as I already submitted my request, but given this:

http://web.pinstripebowl.com/images/201 ... pe_map.pdf

I requested the powder blue and they were charging 95 not 125...terrace seating was 65/70 i wanna say as opposed to 80
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:23 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

I can't reopen the thing as I already submitted my request, but given this:

http://web.pinstripebowl.com/images/201 ... pe_map.pdf

I requested the powder blue and they were charging 95 not 125...terrace seating was 65/70 i wanna say as opposed to 80

Thats great to hear. Thanks for the info. Looking for to purchasing mine.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:23 pm

oh and ticket master was charging fees beyond the 125 that made it 135...95 isnt cheap but honestly 30% off what the general market sees as face seems really fair to me

all levels were discounted too
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:28 pm

there are a lot of liars in this thread.

i will openly admit that i will not attend this game. my issue is more with proximity but the weather doesn't inspire me to battle through that issue.

to the 4 or 5 guys that are actually going... i hope you enjoy the game. to the rest of you, i hope you feel as much shame as you did the day after the big gdf pow wow in NYC that you all failed to attend.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:29 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

It's a very common misconception that if your feet get cold that you should wear more socks. Forget your feet! The issue is not your sensitive little toesies! The issue is your core body temperature. When your core body temperature drops below a certain point your body begins redirecting blood flow to central areas to conserve temperature, shunting blood away from your fingers and toes through capillary action. Your fingers and toes feel cold because you've allowed your core body temperature to drop too much and now there isn't as much blood (which is warm, duh) flowing through them. All the socks in the world won't warm your toes if you can't maintain core body temperature.

So the answer is extra CORE layers. Go to a sports store and go to the winter sports section. Get a moisture whicking baselayer top and bottom (long johns), and maybe even a middle layers and wear these under your regular clothes. And remember, forget cottons. They retain moisture which will cool you further. And yes, moisture is a problem, because if you're layering right you may actually have moments where your core is too hot and you'll sweat. So stick to wool and synthetics so the clothes don't get damp.

And yes, on top of all of that, wear two layers of wool socks and thick boots. And keep moving. During TV timeouts go say hi to a friend in the next section or something.

Three things:

A. Complaining about the cold makes you a pussy. Try Lambeau in January.
2. Bring a folded up cardboard box and stand on it instead of the concrete. Impacts foot warmth substantially.
d. Put liter bottles of vodka or fireball in your junk underneath your snow pants.

Have fun.

Or else dress like a bear. But be careful of anti bear defense mechanisms.

image.jpg
image.jpg (195.71 KiB) Viewed 10727 times
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:34 pm

you think yankee stadium has bear defense mechanisms?

we know fenway doesn't

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:41 pm

i will say this is the first time ive ever complained about not having a noon game...

but i will be there +3...my larger group is about 15.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:45 pm

Bought 2 yesterday, bought 4 more today through BC.

Not sure I'll be able to find 4 extra people to go and use them all, but it's worthy cause to help BC build up their reputation.

We need to sell out this allotment and we need fans to stop bitching about it. Shut it and support the team. These kids deserve it Especially since most of them had to suffer through Spazoo.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:13 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i will openly admit that i will not attend this game.

in other news, nospace is fat
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:14 pm

DO people get the sense that the ticket number you order will be all together or spaced out within the designated section

EDIT: Just called the ticket office. They said yes that they will put together large groups.
Last edited by BCMurt09 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:16 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:DO people get the sense that the ticket number you order will be all together or spaced out within the designated section

i got to imagine if i put in for 4 like i did all the seats will be adjacent. feel like if they werent there would be gigantic disclaimers
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:19 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i will openly admit that i will not attend this game.

in other news, nospace is fat

since you are still sexting him for newds, we'll take your word for it
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:29 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Whomever invented pit zips doesn't get enough credit. Nothing worse than being hot when it's cold.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:35 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:there are a lot of liars in this thread.

i will openly admit that i will not attend this game. my issue is more with proximity but the weather doesn't inspire me to battle through that issue.

to the 4 or 5 guys that are actually going... i hope you enjoy the game. to the rest of you, i hope you feel as much shame as you did the day after the big gdf pow wow in NYC that you all failed to attend.

Of course you won't be there - but I think many BC people who actually like sports really will go to this. We may not sell out our allotment, but it will be close. It's a very manageable day trip for most fans - both BC and PSU - from CT down to Philly. And if we don't go, Penn State people will. Barring a terrible weather day I expect that stadium to be 95% or more filled.
Last edited by Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby talon on Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:35 pm

Why don't you Sallies just get a HotLips heater?

talon
Cushing Hall

Postby shockdoct on Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:47 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:there are a lot of liars in this thread.

Of course you won't be there - but I think many BC people who actually like sports really will go to this. We may not sell out our allotment, but it will be close. It's a very manageable day trip for most fans - both BC and PSU - from CT down to Philly. And if we don't go, Penn State people will. Barring a terrible weather day I expect that stadium to be 95% or more filled.

If BC doesn't sell out their allotment, it will have entirely more to do with institutional ineptitude than a lack of fans who want to attend.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:03 pm

One thing I forgot to mention was when I called the ticket office, the guy who answered was very short and a bit gruff. It sounded like he had been answering Pinstripe questions all day and knew exactly why I was calling.

I'm taking it as a good sign.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby StratEagle on Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:05 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:One thing I forgot to mention was when I called the ticket office, the guy who answered was very short and a bit gruff. It sounded like he had been answering Pinstripe questions all day and knew exactly why I was calling.

I'm taking it as a good sign.

They're just not used to actually doing their jobs.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium