YUKON TO THE B12

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: YUKON TO THE B12

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:32 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:Again, not top half, the best on average with Miami as the only threat.

Glad to know your hate everything younger than you anger is fully functional. You're on your way to becoming a proper old man.

As an impartial observer, I must note that you sort of threw the first "fucking old guys and their fucking jobs, I made that degree better by being smarter than everyone" classic Millennial first blow. Kudos.

You wanna call us pussies and nerds, I think it's at least fair to say that BC today is not the same school it was 20 years ago academically. Goes both ways.

That's slightly different that what you said, officer.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:33 pm

I'm just waiting to see if Junior makes TRE quit the board and delete all of his posts again.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:35 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:Again, not top half, the best on average with Miami as the only threat.

Glad to know your hate everything younger than you anger is fully functional. You're on your way to becoming a proper old man.

As an impartial observer, I must note that you sort of threw the first "fucking old guys and their fucking jobs, I made that degree better by being smarter than everyone" classic Millennial first blow. Kudos.

You wanna call us pussies and nerds, I think it's at least fair to say that BC today is not the same school it was 20 years ago academically. Goes both ways.

That's slightly different that what you said, officer.

That's a slightly nicer way of saying the same thing. I stand by what I said.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:36 pm

Not sure if the board can handle this much content at once.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:40 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

goes both ways is right. so bc is currently ranked #31 in usnwr. back in 96 (when the magazine first expanded beyond the top 25) bc was #37. i think you need to realize that its not like you're in stanford or duke or harvard. bc is a good school now... it was a good school then. i'd call the difference negligable other than the fact that your mommy and daddy made you think you're the best thing in the world - regardless of ther realities around you. so you keep thinking what you want about how smart you are and when that doesn't work out, i hope your "occupy" tent keeps you warm during the colder months.

so, what graduate degree are you pursuing?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:46 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

goes both ways is right. so bc is currently ranked #31 in usnwr. back in 96 (when the magazine first expanded beyond the top 25) bc was #37. i think you need to realize that its not like you're in stanford or duke or harvard. bc is a good school now... it was a good school then. i'd call the difference negligable other than the fact that your mommy and daddy made you think you're the best thing in the world - regardless of ther realities around you. so you keep thinking what you want about how smart you are and when that doesn't work out, i hope your "occupy" tent keeps you warm during the colder months.

so, what graduate degree are you pursuing?

So what I gather from this is that you're admitting you're a nerd?

You're actually correct. I am getting my MSF in one year from USC. Take that as you may, but I'd say that makes me ready to contribute to society pretty soon.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:46 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'm just waiting to see if Junior makes TRE quit the board and delete all of his posts again.

nah - i don't do that anymore.

i'm done with this for today. thanks for all your thoughts and opinions, everyone.

good luck and go eagles
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:49 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
You're actually correct. I am getting my MSF in one year from USC. Take that as you may, but I'd say that makes me ready to contribute to society pretty soon.

well, yeah. as long as you can find a job this time around.

seriously... good luck strat. i hope you can find someone who will actually hire you to do something that you feel is worthy of you.

good luck and good eagles. beat those ever-powerful and always on top hokies!!!!
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:52 pm

Wait, you two are bragging on who rushed out into the work world faster? Seriously?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:54 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Wait, you two are bragging on who rushed out into the work world faster? Seriously?

my approach was more of a "i'm smart and didn't need mommy and daddy to pay for me to keep learning in hopes of finding a job" but your interpretation would also be applicable
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:55 pm

Not at all bragging, just defending myself.

But as TRE said, I'm over this poop. Can't wait till someone bumps this in the future.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:23 pm

I, for one, enjoyed someone else getting in a :slapfight for once.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:30 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I, for one, enjoyed someone else getting in a :slapfight for once.

that's because you're old, and have an undervalued bc diploma too
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:56 pm

I for one welcome our new, smarter graduate student overlords.

In a way, this thread reminds me of Terminator 2
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:04 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I for one welcome our new, smarter graduate student overlords.

Says the guy who roots for his grad school. :pickle
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:16 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I for one welcome our new, smarter graduate student overlords.

Says the guy who roots for his grad school. :pickle

Wait, what?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuxEagle26 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:45 pm

:boxer who's next?
Where are my pants?

DuxEagle26
Carney Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:33 pm

F'in non-lawyers can't argue for crap.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:14 pm

Moving away from the :slapfight , there are plenty of options for the Big 12 in bigger media markets which are much closer to their footprint but still add more viewers. The Big 12 and the couch burners are having issues due to the distance and travel cost of visiting lovely Morganhole. There's zero percent chance that the Big 12 will create a northern "outpost" in the insurance capital of the USA with its diminutive TV market. My guess is that 2 of the 3 from BYU, Cincy and flavor of the month Colorado state will be added. All offer better football and are substantially better geographic fits.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:19 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I, for one, enjoyed someone else getting in a :slapfight for once.

Hell, 56 Cummings was worth way more when I lived there than you two. So you should thank me,
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:22 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'm just waiting to see if Junior makes TRE quit the board and delete all of his posts again.

I'm still bitter about this.
Last edited by hansen on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:15 am

Sticking with the joke I believe the correct word would be overvalued. But BC was always a top school and never rose up the rankings so the point is moot.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-03-20/best-undergraduate-b-schools-ranking-history

i'll leave this here

for the record, I am not reopening this slap fight because I'm not interested in it anymore, just want to let you know your school is doing better than you seem to admit.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby 2014 Eagle on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:57 am

TRE- not only did we have 2 years of Spaz but we also had 4 years of Donahue...and I thought the Senate report said that torture techniques were ineffective. How could you say that we deserved any of that?!?!?!
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:40 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

you're still retarded at posting. you must have graduated from bc before me because my quoting abilities are increasing the value of your bc diploma
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:32 am

I, for one, an happy there are some more recent grads on the Board. Welcome. But I hate you for making me feel old.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:53 am

2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:TRE- not only did we have 2 years of Spaz but we also had 4 years of Donahue...and I thought the Senate report said that torture techniques were ineffective. How could you say that we deserved any of that?!?!?!

Just be glad Campion isn't here anymore (ALLEGEDLY). If you didn't sit through 0-11 seasons in the 70s, you're not a real fan.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:53 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'm hearing a British accent and seeing an epic savannah scene - "The elders of the message board alumni phylum are known to eat their young...."

this was funny.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:57 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:I, for one, an happy there are some more recent grads on the Board. Welcome. But I hate you for making me feel old.

I'm surprised to hear you say that. I figured you had met and rubbed elbows with plenty of recent grads on your walk to Alumni Stadium during the second quarter.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:00 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

you're still retarded at posting. you must have graduated from bc before me because my quoting abilities are increasing the value of your bc diploma

Someone's got their panties in a bunch.
Don't worry I don't think Huangs is really dead. He's probably just on a long awaited honeymoon for that San Francisco wedding last year.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:31 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:I, for one, an happy there are some more recent grads on the Board. Welcome. But I hate you for making me feel old.

I'm surprised to hear you say that. I figured you had met and rubbed elbows with plenty of recent grads on your walk to Alumni Stadium during the second quarter.

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium