YUKON TO THE B12

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: YUKON TO THE B12

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:18 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}: (all of which they made it to a bowl...)

so now we want to avoid all the teams from the atlantic that made it to a bowl or... almost all of them? there are 14 teams in the acc and what... 10 bowl connections? does that mean there are 10 acc powerhouses that you would prefer not to play because dey are too scawey

I enjoy games against good teams,and I also enjoy good BC football records. We're arguing about whether VT is one of the toughest Coastal rivals to have. And they are. I'm ok with that. But whatever, you can continue to trash my opinions when you provide nothing of your own besides that they had three years that would be considered good for the rest of the division.

i agree that they are one of the three or four strongest cross divisional rivals to have along with miami, ga tech. if you are allowed to take the current state of the program into account (which for some reason does not fit into your assessment as a part of your pussy agenda) i would replace vt in its current weakened state with cutcliffe led dook. and you can't sleep on pitt (as we found out this year) or carolina (as we found out in just about every regular season game we've ever played against them)

that said, i'm not a pussy and will root for the eagles regardless of the opponent
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:36 pm

Well any number I choose you'll just say is arbitrary, but check the records as far back as you wish. The fact of the matter is that VT is a good football program in today's landscape. After Beamer is gone all that he built up won't suddenly disappear. Tell me why Duke, Pitt, UVA, UNC, or GT should be assumed better? They have no comparative advantages in geography, recruiting, facilities, you name it.

Nothing is guaranteed but if you made a list of most probable programs for success in the Coastal for the next 20 years its Tech/Miami. Not only do I have the last 20 years as evidence, but also the facilities, recruiting, fanbase, etc. I honestly do not see your argument.

Sure, you can take the current state of the program into account. The current state of UNC is a dumpster fire soon to be on sanctions, there's no reason to believe Pitt will ever be anything other than decent, UVA sucks, GT is good but they run a triple option for christsakes, Miami has potential but Golden sucks for the meantime, and Duke does not have the infrastructure to be a consistently good team. Cutcliffe will leave eventually and they'll go back to being Duke. And no, that argument does not apply to Virginia Tech because they actually care.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:49 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Does StratEagle sit down when he pees?

StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:52 pm

triple option got ga tech to the acccg and afforded them the best acc record over their division mates for the last 3 years. now that pj has all his guys on board and can continue to recruit and fill holes left by graduation; why should one assume the effective offense that he runs will become less effective?

these are the sorts of recent developments that prevent blanket statements such as "vpi will always be teh awesome and most feared team in their division!!!!11!!!!" add to that an uncertainty of coaching future and the reality that blacksburg is not a nice place filled with not very nice people and i stand by my doubt over your blanket statement. as a last inclusion... magical lane stadium has yielded the same .500 record over the 3 year period that the team's earned as well.

i'll admit that vpi will almost always be considered a contender for their division, but they join 2 or 3 other teams in that honor. to say with abolute certainty that they are the cream of the crop year-in and year-out is the part that i'll never agree with... so don't even bother.

i'll also never agree that you aren't a pussy that wants to play 12 cupcakes and pat yourself on the back for a 9-3 season (with the 3 losses coming to the only teams we play with a winning record) and the berth in the oops i crapped my pants bowl against the #2 team from the WAC. on that, our philosophies will always differ as well
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:53 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Does StratEagle sit down when he pees?

not really. he's an admitted tranny lover and historical ball washer.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:54 pm

strateagle is definitely not IB, he's gotta be a Millenial. Under 30, I guarantee.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:55 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:strateagle is definitely not IB, he's gotta be a Millenial. Under 30, I guarantee.

this has been my assumption all along as well. if huang wasn't dead i could ask him to look up the personal information but alas... i'm powerless
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:01 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:triple option got ga tech to the acccg and afforded them the best acc record over their division mates for the last 3 years. now that pj has all his guys on board and can continue to recruit and fill holes left by graduation; why should one assume the effective offense that he runs will become less effective?

these are the sorts of recent developments that prevent blanket statements such as "vpi will always be teh awesome and most feared team in their division!!!!11!!!!" add to that an uncertainty of coaching future and the reality that blacksburg is not a nice place filled with not very nice people and i stand by my doubt over your blanket statement. as a last inclusion... magical lane stadium has yielded the same .500 record over the 3 year period that the team's earned as well.

i'll admit that vpi will almost always be considered a contender for their division, but they join 2 or 3 other teams in that honor. to say with abolute certainty that they are the cream of the crop year-in and year-out is the part that i'll never agree with... so don't even bother.

i'll also never agree that you aren't a pussy that wants to play 12 cupcakes and pat yourself on the back for a 9-3 season (with the 3 losses coming to the only teams we play with a winning record) and the berth in the oops i crapped my pants bowl against the #2 team from the WAC. on that, our philosophies will always differ as well

That's all I've been saying all along, just on an average basis they'll be at or near the top.

You can believe what you wanna believe but there's a difference between wanting us to play good teams (which I do), to wanting us to be at a disadvantage to our division mates.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:03 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:strateagle is definitely not IB, he's gotta be a Millenial. Under 30, I guarantee.

Class of 2014, missed about 4-5 non Spaz games in my life. Congrats, you are correct. We could use a fresh opinion on here.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:04 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:

Class of 2014, missed about 4-5 non Spaz games in my life. Congrats, you are correct. We could use a fresh opinion on here.

Was someone trying to silence you?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:11 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:triple option got ga tech to the acccg and afforded them the best acc record over their division mates for the last 3 years. now that pj has all his guys on board and can continue to recruit and fill holes left by graduation; why should one assume the effective offense that he runs will become less effective?

That's all I've been saying all along, just on an average basis they'll be at or near the top.

You can believe what you wanna believe but there's a difference between wanting us to play good teams (which I do), to wanting us to be at a disadvantage to our division mates.

you've been saying "the best" all along. if you temper it to "one of the best" then i have no problem with it since basically you are saying it's unfair to us in comparison to 3 or 4 other teams that get to play the pussy teams from the other division as their "rival" but not the other 3 or 4 teams that don't get the pussy way out

how is wanting to pussy out in scheduling anything different than wanting to pussy out in scheduling. complaining about the scheduling is an admission that your team is a paper tiger that doesn't belong at the big boy table. basically, your pussy millenial attitude only supports the media outlets that treat bc like they don't belong. the same ones that claimed we were holding the #2 ranking in the country hostage. fuck that, that's pussy shit. somebody wants to line up against us, i say let's line up... not "um, you are too good right now. can we wait until after you have a scandal and sanctions and field a weaker team?"

it's the alumni like you and your classmates that deserved 4 years of spaz. pussies
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:12 pm

I haven't paid attention to this thread but I see that its pretty long now. A few questions:

1) When did UConn get into the Big 12?
2) Why are you guys arguing about Paul Johnson and GT in the thread about how UConn got into the Big 12?
3) Some call 81 and see if he's ok.
4) Why is TRE talking about sports?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:12 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:

you've been saying "the best" all along. if you temper it to "one of the best" then i have no problem with it since basically you are saying it's unfair to us in comparison to 3 or 4 other teams that get to play the pussy teams from the other division as their "rival" but not the other 3 or 4 teams that don't get the pussy way out

how is wanting to pussy out in scheduling anything different than wanting to pussy out in scheduling. complaining about the scheduling is an admission that your team is a paper tiger that doesn't belong at the big boy table. basically, your pussy millenial attitude only supports the media outlets that treat bc like they don't belong. the same ones that claimed we were holding the #2 ranking in the country hostage. fuck that, that's pussy shit. somebody wants to line up against us, i say let's line up... not "um, you are too good right now. can we wait until after you have a scandal and sanctions and field a weaker team?"

it's the alumni like you and your classmates that deserved 4 years of spaz. pussies

Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

(don't worry strat, that's just a quote from the Lord of the Rings).
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:14 pm

Did you commute from Raleigh? You're welcome for helping make your degree more valuable every day.

No class deserves 4 years of Spaz.

I said at the top, with possibly Miami.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:Did you commute from Raleigh? You're welcome for helping make your degree more valuable every day.

:popcorn
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm

5) Where are my pants?
6) Why I am being handed a summons?
7) Is everyone still mad about the Cat Cafe? I am
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:18 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:Did you commute from Raleigh? You're welcome for helping make your degree more valuable every day.

at 20 year out of school, you didn't do dick for me or my career thankyouverymuch. but you keep believing what your mommy told you on the way to tee-ball practice. you're special, johnny... you're better than everyone else. just remember to compete against the retards and the weaklings... that makes you seem strong.

and now you've changed your vpi argument to the top 3 or 4... or the top half. i can agree with that statement, and in fact i have. it's just not what you said for the first few dozen posts on the topic
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:19 pm

at 20 year out of school, you didn't do dick for me or my career thankyouverymuch. but you keep believing what your mommy told you on the way to tee-ball practice. you're special, johnny... you're better than everyone else. just remember to compete against the retards and the weaklings... that makes you seem strong.

and now you've changed your vpi argument to the top 3 or 4... or the top half. i can agree with that statement, and in fact i have. it's just not what you said for the first few dozen posts on the topic

Angry Sports-Talking TRE is fun
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:20 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:4) Why is TRE talking about sports?

i've been wondering this myself for the last hour or so. i think i'll step out and let the millenial take his juice and cookie break. he's also probably got some graduate level art history to brush up on for his "defer from the working world but offer me no better hope in 2 to 4 years" degree
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:20 pm

TRE are you stranded at an airport bar again?
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:21 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Angry Sports-Talking TRE is fun

yeah, but it exhausts me. that's why i can't do it very often
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:22 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:TRE are you stranded at an airport bar again?

i don't think so. i wish i was... i might have found a better distraction from this circle jerk
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:23 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:TRE are you stranded at an airport bar again?

No joke, I was thinking the exact same thing. Monocle in one eye, vodka martini in the other.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:24 pm

Again, not top half, the best on average with Miami as the only threat.

Glad to know your hate everything younger than you anger is fully functional. You're on your way to becoming a proper old man.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:26 pm

i've been wondering this myself for the last hour or so. i think i'll step out and let the millenial take his juice and cookie break. he's also probably got some graduate level art history to brush up on for his "defer from the working world but offer me no better hope in 2 to 4 years" degree

Actually, I graduated from CSOM. But ok.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:27 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:Again, not top half, the best on average with Miami as the only threat.

Glad to know your hate everything younger than you anger is fully functional. You're on your way to becoming a proper old man.

As an impartial observer, I must note that you sort of threw the first "fucking old guys and their fucking jobs, I made that degree better by being smarter than everyone" classic Millennial first blow. Kudos.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:27 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:Again, not top half, the best on average with Miami as the only threat.

i do not hate those younger than me that are fully functional. i do hate the pussies like you that expect the world to bow to your greatness just because you did the same thing i did 20 years ago. the difference being that i could start my career with an undergraduate degree because i learned what i needed to in 4 years rather than 7 - 10.

all that said, congratulations on your graduation last may and best of luck in your new school and your next step closer to a active and participating member of the society
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:29 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:

Actually, I graduated from CSOM. But ok.

you graduated from csom but what are you currently in school for? it wasn't a past tense comment, it was a current tense comment
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:31 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

As an impartial observer, I must note that you sort of threw the first "fucking old guys and their fucking jobs, I made that degree better by being smarter than everyone" classic Millennial first blow. Kudos.

You wanna call us pussies and nerds, I think it's at least fair to say that BC today is not the same school it was 20 years ago academically. Goes both ways.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:31 pm

I'm hearing a British accent and seeing an epic savannah scene - "The elders of the message board alumni phylum are known to eat their young...."
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium