YUKON TO THE B12

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: YUKON TO THE B12

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:58 pm

Did I mention Ron Sellers and Fred Belitnikoff?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:01 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:Beamers been there for what like 20-25 years? I think that's a big enough sample size. How was FSU before Bowden?

No matter how many jokes you make your argument still sucks

as sucky as my arguement is, it sucks a lot less than your argument that is basically "vpi was good for a while so therefore they will always be good (even though the current streak reflects that they are not very good and their crop of recruits give no one any reason to think there will be a reversal of fortunes anytime soon).

YAY, UNSUPPORTABLE OPINIONS!!!

But, but, the current crop is bad because of the coach that is single-handedly responsible for making them good!!!!! Wait .... er....is this an IB logic box?

"VT will be better when they get rid of the guy that is the only reason they are good in the first place!"
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:03 pm

i still remember spring break of my senior year - it must have lined up with the vpi spring break...

there were a group of meatheads at one of the bars doing shots and saying "yeah FUCK GLENN FOLEY..." over and over again. i asked them what that was all about and they said they were vpi students and fuck glenn foley. i guess they were still mad about losing in chestnut hill and being relegated to the shreveport bowl months later.

i said i was from boston college and while my name wasn't jim... i was currently drunk-on-miller. then i wished them success in their female finding endeavors and walked away.

it was a weird social transaction
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:04 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:Beamers been there for what like 20-25 years? I think that's a big enough sample size. How was FSU before Bowden?

No matter how many jokes you make your argument still sucks

as sucky as my arguement is, it sucks a lot less than your argument that is basically "vpi was good for a while so therefore they will always be good (even though the current streak reflects that they are not very good and their crop of recruits give no one any reason to think there will be a reversal of fortunes anytime soon).

YAY, UNSUPPORTABLE OPINIONS!!!

But, but, the current crop is bad because of the coach that is single-handedly responsible for making them good!!!!! Wait .... er....is this an IB logic box?

"VT will be better when they get rid of the guy that is the only reason they are good in the first place!"

but i'm the retarded one
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:08 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i still remember spring break of my senior year - it must have lined up with the vpi spring break...

there were a group of meatheads at one of the bars doing shots and saying "yeah FUCK GLENN FOLEY..." over and over again. i asked them what that was all about and they said they were vpi students and fuck glenn foley. i guess they were still mad about losing in chestnut hill and being relegated to the shreveport bowl months later.

i said i was from boston college and while my name wasn't jim... i was currently drunk-on-miller. then i wished them success in their female finding endeavors and walked away.

Jim Drunkenmiller was epic. Dude played QB at like 6'7" 270 lbs of solid muscle and won the stupid lunch pail for highest bench on the team.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:12 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i still remember spring break of my senior year - it must have lined up with the vpi spring break...

I didn't know VPI students do spring break in Daytona, Alex.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:14 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

I didn't know VPI students do spring break in Daytona, Alex.

i was in the bahamas, lbl

if we weren't all still mourning huang's death i would point out that he the one that grew up in the daytona area, angel
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:19 pm

For the zillionth time I'm not saying VT is gonna go be Alabama. I'm saying that they will be better than the dumpster fire that is the ACC Coastal division. Please please tell me why Pitt, UNC, UVA, or Duke even will be a better program in the next 20 years than VT.

And 70 year old Frank Beamer =/= 50 year old Beamer. We saw it happen with Bowden, Joe Pa, whoever. It's really not that hard.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:21 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:For the zillionth time I'm not saying VT is gonna go be Alabama. I'm saying that they will be better than the dumpster fire that is the ACC Coastal division. Please please tell me why Pitt, UNC, UVA, or Duke even will be a better program in the next 20 years than VT.

And 70 year old Frank Beamer =/= 50 year old Beamer. We saw it happen with Bowden, Joe Pa, whoever. It's really not that hard.

once you tell me who steps in and runs vpi the same way that beamer did; i'll tell you why dook, gt, carolina and miami have as much claim to the atlantic championship that vpi does
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:25 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:For the zillionth time I'm not saying VT is gonna go be Alabama. I'm saying that they will be better than the dumpster fire that is the ACC Coastal division. Please please tell me why Pitt, UNC, UVA, or Duke even will be a better program in the next 20 years than VT.

once you tell me who steps in and runs vpi the same way that beamer did; i'll tell you why dook, gt, carolina and miami have as much claim to the atlantic championship that vpi does

I don't know, but good programs have better chances of getting good coaches than shitty programs. Coach X wants to coach in the ACC and gets offered by every coastal team...he's picking VT or Miami every time.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:29 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:

I don't know, but good programs have better chances of getting good coaches than shitty programs. Coach X wants to coach in the ACC and gets offered by every coastal team...he's picking VT or Miami every time.

well then in your example miami has as much chance at succeeding as vpi. even in your own example you refute your own argument
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle216 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:29 pm

It will be interesting to see what happens to VPI post-Beamer. They are not a traditional power, are not elite academically, are not in a part of the country that is especially attractive, and don't have a home talent pool, but have sorta gained Big Um status off of just one coach. No other school has experienced this mix of factors.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:31 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:

well then in your example miami has as much chance at succeeding as vpi. even in your own example you refute your own argument

Ummm not really, because I already said that VT and Miami are on a pretty level playing field. And coaching is different because living in Coral Gables is a lot nicer than in Blacksburg for a family, but VT makes up for that difference in other areas as an overall program.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:32 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:

Ummm not really, because I already said that VT and Miami are on a pretty level playing field. And coaching is different because living in Coral Gables is a lot nicer than in Blacksburg for a family, but VT makes up for that difference in other areas as an overall program.

ummmm not really. what other areas are better in blacksburg than at miami/coral gables? we know it's not winning at football because vpi hasn't been doing that as of late so what are your other factors?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:39 pm

Would you like me to go quote myself on what I said about Miami?

And yes, it is. Your arbitrary 3 year window is just as arbitrary as say a 10 year window where they are arguably the best program in the conference. VT has an infinitely better fanbase, and much better stadium and facilities just to start. I'd say that makes it a pretty even playing field.

Their recruiting is consistently near the tops of the Coastal division, so I have no idea what you're talking about there.

You also refuse to support your claim, instead you just try to negate mine. What is your order of ACC Coastal opponent desirability based purely on winning alone?
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby talon on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:53 pm

eagle216 {l Wrote}:It will be interesting to see what happens to VPI post-Beamer. They are not a traditional power, are not elite academically, are not in a part of the country that is especially attractive, and don't have a home talent pool, but have sorta gained Big Um status off of just one coach. No other school has experienced this mix of factors.

How many recruits really give a shit about elite academic status?

If you tell a kid from Northern or Southeastern Virginia (both pretty good talent pools) that they can stay in state and go to a school that has a diploma that means something (UVA) or a school that simply asks for the absolute bare minimum in the classroom (VT), VT will probably win that argument most of the time.
Last edited by talon on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:54 pm

i'm not a "history will always repeat itself" slave like you are. i'm also not a pussy that's afraid to play any opponent on any given day.

based on those two statements i don't care who we play and won't have any complaints or excuses when the schedule is announced or after the games have been played either. however, under your "hope for the worst opponents" pussy approach, it's good we didn't play dook or gt this year. luckily we got to beat up on the bottom feeder pitt in spite of having to get man-handled by world beater vt.

lastly, i've been around long enough to know that once powerful doesn't mean always powerful. just ask miami, uva, and for everyone other than you vpi. also true is once shitty doesn't mean always shitty. just ask dook.

it's clear we're going to consistently disagree on this so you go to your corner and enjoy your pussy approach that hopes for the weakest and puts the biggest stock in a team's performance from 10 years ago. i'll continue to take it one day at a time and recongnize that the name on the shirt doesn't represent a constant in performance over a long term period.

good luck and go eagles
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:56 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:It will be interesting to see what happens to VPI post-Beamer. They are not a traditional power, are not elite academically, are not in a part of the country that is especially attractive, and don't have a home talent pool, but have sorta gained Big Um status off of just one coach. No other school has experienced this mix of factors.

If you tell a kid from Northern or Southeastern Virginia (both pretty good talent pools) that they can stay in state and go to a school that has a diploma that means something (UVA) or a school that requires the absolute bare minimum in the classroom (VT), VT will probably win that argument most of the time.

But did you hear they had teh thre bad seasons! (all of which they made it to a bowl, which is more than you can say for a lot of these other teams)
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:57 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i'm not a "history will always repeat itself" slave like you are. i'm also not a pussy that's afraid to play any opponent on any given day.

based on those two statements i don't care who we play and won't have any complaints or excuses when the schedule is announced or after the games have been played either. however, under your "hope for the worst opponents" pussy approach, it's good we didn't play dook or gt this year. luckily we got to beat up on the bottom feeder pitt in spite of having to get man-handled by world beater vt.

lastly, i've been around long enough to know that once powerful doesn't mean always powerful. just ask miami, uva, and for everyone other than you vpi. also true is once shitty doesn't mean always shitty. just ask dook.

it's clear we're going to consistently disagree on this so you go to your corner and enjoy your pussy approach that hopes for the weakest and puts the biggest stock in a team's performance from 10 years ago. i'll continue to take it one day at a time and recongnize that the name on the shirt doesn't represent a constant in performance over a long term period.

good luck and go eagles

So all in all, you don't have an opinion.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:58 pm

all in all my opinion is that there is no reason to assume that vpi will consistently be the strongest team in the atlantic.

also, in my opinion, you are a pussy

i thought i made the first point fairly clear approximately eleventy billion times. the second point was only really made in my last post but is much easier to provide proof
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:59 pm

Take a couple plays off TRE, this is for the people who actually enjoy sports.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:01 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:Take a couple plays off TRE, this is for the people who actually enjoy sports.

says the man that attributes gut feeling to unstoppable absolutes with no founding in reality.

maybe you should sit a few out and rest your sandy vagina... pussy
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:01 pm

Does StratEagle sit down when he pees?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:01 pm

hey guys any update on yukon to the b12?

:couch
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:02 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Does StratEagle sit down when he pees?

if it did once then he is guarnteed to for the remainder of his life.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:03 pm

The reality is that they're a better program than the other programs save possibly Miami or maybe GT. That's just a fact. You have provided no evidence to prove the other programs are better, and honestly I shouldn't even have to. It's obvious to anyone who actually watches college football, pussy
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:04 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:

If you tell a kid from Northern or Southeastern Virginia (both pretty good talent pools) that they can stay in state and go to a school that has a diploma that means something (UVA) or a school that requires the absolute bare minimum in the classroom (VT), VT will probably win that argument most of the time.

But did you hear they had teh thre bad seasons! (all of which they made it to a bowl, which is more than you can say for a lot of these other teams)

VPI had a bad century before Beamer. That's how they ended up with that stupid fucking turducken mascot
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:04 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}: (all of which they made it to a bowl...)

so now we want to avoid all the teams from the atlantic that made it to a bowl or... almost all of them? there are 14 teams in the acc and what... 10 bowl connections? does that mean there are 10 acc powerhouses that you would prefer not to play because dey are too scawey
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:09 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}: (all of which they made it to a bowl...)

so now we want to avoid all the teams from the atlantic that made it to a bowl or... almost all of them? there are 14 teams in the acc and what... 10 bowl connections? does that mean there are 10 acc powerhouses that you would prefer not to play because dey are too scawey

I enjoy games against good teams,and I also enjoy good BC football records. We're arguing about whether VT is one of the toughest Coastal rivals to have. And they are. I'm ok with that. But whatever, you can continue to trash my opinions when you provide nothing of your own besides that they had three years that would be considered good for the rest of the division.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:14 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:The reality is that they're a better program than the other programs save possibly Miami or maybe GT. That's just a fact. You have provided no evidence to prove the other programs are better, and honestly I shouldn't even have to. It's obvious to anyone who actually watches college football, pussy

what are the years that you are using to make your absolute statement? clearly it needs to be more than 3 because you made fun of me for using that as the indicator so what is your arbitrary absolute population that should be accepted by all because if it isn't you'll cry like a pussy and say we're not being fair to your beliefs
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium