YUKON TO THE B12

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: YUKON TO THE B12

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:41 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I, for one, enjoyed someone else getting in a :slapfight for once.

that's because you're old, and have an undervalued bc diploma too

Hell, 56 Cummings was worth way more when I lived there than you two. So you should thank me,

If 56 Cummings was worth more when you lived there (and that is a big IF), it is only because we destroyed the place so much that the City required repairs before you were permitted to move in.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:46 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I, for one, enjoyed someone else getting in a :slapfight for once.

Hell, 56 Cummings was worth way more when I lived there than you two. So you should thank me,

If 56 Cummings was worth more when you lived there (and that is a big IF), it is only because we destroyed the place so much that the City required repairs before you were permitted to move in.

they added a second bathroom (by removing some of the "foyer"). that, in and of itself, would have been a significant addition in the mid 90s and would have prevented significant amounts of balcony urination
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:50 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

they added a second bathroom (by removing some of the "foyer"). that, in and of itself, would have been a significant addition in the mid 90s and would have prevented significant amounts of balcony urination

Wait... what did they use for a dance floor during parties? Where did they hold dart tournaments and play beer pong???
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:01 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Wait... what did they then use for a dance floor? Where did they hold dart tournaments and play beer pong???

exactly... of course, it was b0mber's girlfriend that lived there so that should pretty much tell you all you need to know about how they "gentrified" 56 cummings
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:57 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

This reminds of a party I went to my Soph year at an Egremont apartment. Twas a lovely September eve and the party sort of spilled onto the roof/balcony (can't remember exactly what it was). Well one male party goer whilst urinating said "hey, I am pissing into that Jeep down there." Of course the inevitable ensued - men like a good target. For at least one hour there was a constant flow(s) of urine into this jeep (this is not an exaggeration). Then one asshole decides that this was not enough and starts throwing a bunch of random debris (siding, roof slates... ) into the Jeep. From the height of about 4 stories up, this must have done some damage to the urine soaked seats. Right about then, the owner of said Jeep walked into the lot and discovered what happened to his Jeep. He was not happy. I am not sure if he knew that his Jeep had been peed into (he certainly did not know of the extent), he may have just been mad about the debris. So he comes storming into the party looking for fisticuffs "who the fuck did that to my Jeep?" He was roundly ignored by the playgoers and stormed off in a huff.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:19 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Wait... what did they then use for a dance floor? Where did they hold dart tournaments and play beer pong???

exactly... of course, it was b0mber's girlfriend that lived there so that should pretty much tell you all you need to know about how they "gentrified" 56 cummings

1) I lived there. My girlfriend did not.

2) There was still plenty of space for beer pong and dancing and stuff. And I'm pretty sure I peed off the balcony at least three times.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:34 pm

i'm surprised you trusted those balcony railings enough to squat over them to pee
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:18 am

if this doesn't bring :81 back...

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/ ... ck-in-news

Oklahoma president David Boren puts possible Big 12 expansion back in news

Jake Trotter, ESPN Staff Writer

Wednesday, Oklahoma president David Boren made waves when he suggested the Big 12 “should strive for” a 12-team league. Boren’s comments were the first from a Big 12 leader advocating expansion in a long time.

"I think we should," Boren told The Oklahoman after the school's board meeting, when asked if the league should expand back to 12 teams.

“How many years can this go on? It just gets to be really debilitating. I worry about that. That’s something I just worry about long-term about the conference, not short-term.”

Perhaps Oklahoma president David Boren opened up the possibility of Big 12 expansion with his comments Wednesday. Brett Deering/Getty Images
One of the reasons other Big 12 leaders, commissioner Bob Bowlsby included, have downplayed the expansion possibility is because of the options available. Bowlsby said just last month that there is "no interest" from the league in expanding.

Still, as realignment has proven in the past, anything is possible, even if it seems unlikely.

With that in mind below are three scenarios that would allow for Big 12 expansion (assuming legal remedies would be available, as they have been in the past, despite any binding contracts):

1. Most likely: Settle for best available

This is the most likely — and maybe only — scenario that would lead to Big 12 expansion.

The Big 12 has long flirted with BYU, and just last summer, Cougars coach Bronco Mendenhall said he “would love to be in the Big 12.” Financially, BYU makes the most sense. The Cougars have the biggest TV allure and fan base of any non-Power 5 conference school out there.

Proximity, however, would be a major problem. The distance from Morgantown, West Virginia, to Provo, Utah, is almost 2,000 miles. Scheduling in nonrevenue sports between the two sides would also be an issue, as BYU does not compete on Sundays.

Still, the addition of BYU from a football standpoint makes the most sense.

Still, to get to 12, the conference would have to pair BYU with another school. There are several other “free agents” out there, including Memphis, UCF, Air Force, Cincinnati, Houston and even SMU.

Given its football prowess relative to those other possibilities, Boise State would seem to be the logical choice.

None, however, are real threats to join other conferences in the current climate. The Big 12 can afford to wait (mostly to see if Scenario 2 comes to fruition). And while it waits, there could be another up-and-comer worth reviewing: North Dakota State.

The Bison have become an FCS powerhouse in recent years, having won four straight FCS national titles. They actually have as many wins against the Big 12 as Kansas does in the last five years.

North Dakota’s economy is booming, with the population of Fargo expected to double sometime in the next 20 years. North Dakota State might not be a viable option today. But in a few years, the Bison could look a lot more attractive.

Still, this only underscores the predicament the league faces. Yes, expansion makes a lot of sense. But the available candidates out there don't.

2. Less likely: Wait for implosion elsewhere

This is the argument in favor of waiting.

The Big Ten, Pac-12 and SEC were all able to expand due to the instability that infected the Big 12. Colorado bolted for the Pac-12; Texas A&M and Missouri left for the SEC; Nebraska joined the Big Ten.

What if another conference encountered their own rift down the line? That might open the door for the Big 12 to take similar advantage.

Given their relative harmony, this would be unlikely to occur in the SEC, Pac-12 or Big Ten. The ACC, however, hasn't always been so harmonious. Just last year, in fact, it lost Maryland to the Big Ten.

As basketball bluebloods, Duke and North Carolina wield power in the ACC, which has irked Florida State officials in the past. Maybe another disagreement could prompt the Seminoles to look for conference affiliation elsewhere. Maybe that would force Clemson to do the same.

Adding Florida State and Clemson obviously would be the pie-in-the-sky, home-run scenario for the Big 12. Not only would that take the Big 12 back to 12 teams, it would give the Big 12 the armament to challenge the SEC as college football's pre-eminent conference.

3. Least likely: Get the band back together

Put a truth serum in many Nebraska fans, and they would probably admit their realignment to the Big Ten hasn’t been what they hoped it would be.

The Huskers have fallen into second-tier status in the Big Ten. They're in the division opposite Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State, which reduces their number of marquee games.

Nebraska once played one of college football's most storied rivalry games against Oklahoma. Today, Nebraska's big rival is Iowa, which barely moves the needle in Lincoln, much less the rest of the country.

Nebraska left the Big 12 primarily over its frustrations with the leadership at Texas. But since Nebraska's exit, the Longhorns have hired a president, a new athletic director and a new football coach.

If the Huskers completely soured on their Big Ten experience, maybe they would be open to reconciliation. One thing is for sure: The Big 12 would welcome them back with open arms.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:33 am

quick - to the uconn message boards to tell them how dumb they are.

THAT WILL SHOW THEM!!!!
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:47 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:if this doesn't bring :81 back...

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/ ... ck-in-news

Oklahoma president David Boren puts possible Big 12 expansion back in news

Jake Trotter, ESPN Staff Writer

Wednesday, Oklahoma president David Boren made waves when he suggested the Big 12 “should strive for” a 12-team league. Boren’s comments were the first from a Big 12 leader advocating expansion in a long time.

"I think we should," Boren told The Oklahoman after the school's board meeting, when asked if the league should expand back to 12 teams.

“How many years can this go on? It just gets to be really debilitating. I worry about that. That’s something I just worry about long-term about the conference, not short-term.”

Perhaps Oklahoma president David Boren opened up the possibility of Big 12 expansion with his comments Wednesday. Brett Deering/Getty Images
One of the reasons other Big 12 leaders, commissioner Bob Bowlsby included, have downplayed the expansion possibility is because of the options available. Bowlsby said just last month that there is "no interest" from the league in expanding.

Still, as realignment has proven in the past, anything is possible, even if it seems unlikely.

With that in mind below are three scenarios that would allow for Big 12 expansion (assuming legal remedies would be available, as they have been in the past, despite any binding contracts):

1. Most likely: Settle for best available

This is the most likely — and maybe only — scenario that would lead to Big 12 expansion.

The Big 12 has long flirted with BYU, and just last summer, Cougars coach Bronco Mendenhall said he “would love to be in the Big 12.” Financially, BYU makes the most sense. The Cougars have the biggest TV allure and fan base of any non-Power 5 conference school out there.

Proximity, however, would be a major problem. The distance from Morgantown, West Virginia, to Provo, Utah, is almost 2,000 miles. Scheduling in nonrevenue sports between the two sides would also be an issue, as BYU does not compete on Sundays.

Still, the addition of BYU from a football standpoint makes the most sense.

Still, to get to 12, the conference would have to pair BYU with another school. There are several other “free agents” out there, including Memphis, UCF, Air Force, Cincinnati, Houston and even SMU.

Given its football prowess relative to those other possibilities, Boise State would seem to be the logical choice.

None, however, are real threats to join other conferences in the current climate. The Big 12 can afford to wait (mostly to see if Scenario 2 comes to fruition). And while it waits, there could be another up-and-comer worth reviewing: North Dakota State.

The Bison have become an FCS powerhouse in recent years, having won four straight FCS national titles. They actually have as many wins against the Big 12 as Kansas does in the last five years.

North Dakota’s economy is booming, with the population of Fargo expected to double sometime in the next 20 years. North Dakota State might not be a viable option today. But in a few years, the Bison could look a lot more attractive.

Still, this only underscores the predicament the league faces. Yes, expansion makes a lot of sense. But the available candidates out there don't.

2. Less likely: Wait for implosion elsewhere

This is the argument in favor of waiting.

The Big Ten, Pac-12 and SEC were all able to expand due to the instability that infected the Big 12. Colorado bolted for the Pac-12; Texas A&M and Missouri left for the SEC; Nebraska joined the Big Ten.

What if another conference encountered their own rift down the line? That might open the door for the Big 12 to take similar advantage.

Given their relative harmony, this would be unlikely to occur in the SEC, Pac-12 or Big Ten. The ACC, however, hasn't always been so harmonious. Just last year, in fact, it lost Maryland to the Big Ten.

As basketball bluebloods, Duke and North Carolina wield power in the ACC, which has irked Florida State officials in the past. Maybe another disagreement could prompt the Seminoles to look for conference affiliation elsewhere. Maybe that would force Clemson to do the same.

Adding Florida State and Clemson obviously would be the pie-in-the-sky, home-run scenario for the Big 12. Not only would that take the Big 12 back to 12 teams, it would give the Big 12 the armament to challenge the SEC as college football's pre-eminent conference.

3. Least likely: Get the band back together

Put a truth serum in many Nebraska fans, and they would probably admit their realignment to the Big Ten hasn’t been what they hoped it would be.

The Huskers have fallen into second-tier status in the Big Ten. They're in the division opposite Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State, which reduces their number of marquee games.

Nebraska once played one of college football's most storied rivalry games against Oklahoma. Today, Nebraska's big rival is Iowa, which barely moves the needle in Lincoln, much less the rest of the country.

Nebraska left the Big 12 primarily over its frustrations with the leadership at Texas. But since Nebraska's exit, the Longhorns have hired a president, a new athletic director and a new football coach.

If the Huskers completely soured on their Big Ten experience, maybe they would be open to reconciliation. One thing is for sure: The Big 12 would welcome them back with open arms.

Isn't the most likely scenario not discussed? Specifically, given its location and the history that it has with teams in B10, SEC and P12... isn't it significantly more likely that the B12 gets poached out of existence? It should be noted that the B12's assigned rights terminate before everyone else's. And this is one of the many reasons I hate blog articles.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:51 am

Fire up the conference realignment threads! Let's go! ALL ABOARD!! :acoustic
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:15 am

http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... big-12-sec
Seems that the B12 evaporating train is picking up blogging speed. In all seriousness, this would be a good result for BC and the long-term stability of the ACC. Would bet money that WVU lands in the ACC.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:06 am

9 of the 10 B12 teams can find a better home.

Texas, TT, OU & OK St to the PAC 12
KSU and KU to the B1G
Baylor & TCU to the SEC
WVU to the ACC

You could swap OU and TCU or OU with KSU, either way the battle will be amongst the B1G, SEC and PAC 12 for these teams.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:24 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:9 of the 10 B12 teams can find a better home.

KSU and KU to the B1G
Baylor & TCU to the SEC
WVU to the ACC

You could swap OU and TCU or OU with KSU, either way the battle will be amongst the B1G, SEC and PAC 12 for these teams.

or you get nebraska to leave their failed experiment in the b1g and talk some other interesting school into joining - byu or maybe even the smurfs - into joining and maybe you stand a fighting chance of survival.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:10 pm

KSU and KU to the B1G
Baylor & TCU to the SEC
WVU to the ACC

or you get nebraska to leave their failed experiment in the b1g and talk some other interesting school into joining - byu or maybe even the smurfs - into joining and maybe you stand a fighting chance of survival.

Take Texas and ND as 15 and 16 in the ACC, you'd preserve the conference forever.

I have more interest in UConn joining than WVU
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:15 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

KSU and KU to the B1G
Baylor & TCU to the SEC
WVU to the ACC

Take Texas and ND as 15 and 16 in the ACC, you'd preserve the conference forever.

I have more interest in UConn joining than WVU

Doom & gloom predictions for the Big 12 are really premature, I think.

Ultimately, they'll make an offer to BYU to join as a limited member (probably football only), which will be a great add for the league as it checks all the boxes when it comes to renegotiating their TV contract in a few years (new TV market, huge fan base, resources, commitment, tradition, etc). They'll jump at the chance.

The 12th school is more of a challenge, but it will probably end up being either Memphis or UCF (strong lean toward the former) after they at least make an inquiry to Nebraska about returning. Neither checks the same boxes for ESPN, but I think the Big 12 would take a chance on them like they did with TCU because of their demonstrated commitments to making themselves viable football programs.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:08 pm

Ok, feel free to completely ignore this, but the interwebs are afire with conference realignment talk. The latest speculation is that as of this week OU has an offer to go to the SEC and is close to accepting. And with that the Big 12 is on the verge of imminent collapse.

If anyone is interested, the most active source for information appears to be an OU Conference Reallignment board that has mushroomed from 30 pages to 86 pages over the last week:
http://www.landthieves.com/board/showth ... ted/page75

I also hear that the Dude of WVU is in full meltdown mode on Twitter.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:10 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Ok, feel free to completely ignore this, but the interwebs are afire with conference realignment talk. The latest speculation is that as of this week OU has an offer to go to the SEC and is close to accepting. And with that the Big 12 is on the verge of imminent collapse.

If anyone is interested, the most active source for information appears to be an OU Conference Reallignment board that has mushroomed from 30 pages to 86 pages over the last week:

seems ripe for a meatbomb
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:08 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Ok, feel free to completely ignore this, but the interwebs are afire with conference realignment talk. The latest speculation is that as of this week OU has an offer to go to the SEC and is close to accepting. And with that the Big 12 is on the verge of imminent collapse.

seems ripe for a meatbomb

This. Bonus points if one of the participants is/was wearing jorts.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:47 pm

Jesus Christ, that thread doesn't need a single meatbomb - it needs a shock and awe rain of meatbombs, it needs meatbombs on a General Sherman scale, meatbombing all the way to the sea. That thread is like the worst elements of every sports board from the sweeping vapid steppe of the Internet, all gathering for a weener roast and lye-shampoo-happy-ending in Bryn Mawr's hurricane hot tub with every fat girl whose girth crushed Walsh dorm furniture while smothering every poster on this board who ever scooter-drove (not just Duchie) -that awful, awful realignment lemon party needs to be hemmed in by meatbombs and goatse and dildo dog and yogurt man and tubgirl, and then finished off. Not in that way.

Remember EA the year we played Georgia in the bowl game?

Tomorrow is Friday and that thread should be drenched in penis and riddled with Hales tomorrow, first thing. If I knew how to make boards suck, I'd have that board doing an Annabel Chong impression at sunrise.

I need a drink.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:07 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I have more interest in UConn joining than WVU

Adding UConn would ruin the ACC. I don't want WVU either, but I'd take them over UConn any day of the week.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:31 am

I got bored more quickly than usual reading that thread
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:07 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I got bored more quickly than usual reading that thread

I clicked the link and saw a Barry Switzer GIF. I can't do this.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby bcfanbetweenthhedges on Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:58 am

The horns are the 500 pound gorilla they have an extreme fan base and deep pockets
When they don't win like now ....the other big dogs don't want to play 2nd fiddle to a loser
Next year if Charley Strong doesn't win and early ....the defections will be fast
If they win, they'll find some gorilla sniffers to join (maybe)

If the Sooners bail
TEXAS may try the start up the southwest conference again..... bring in SMU, Houston, Rice and lure the Hog's back
(open up some of that oil money and recruit LSU.... boom rival all big 5's)

Bring back the south west in all over spots talk in TX
bcfanbetweenthhedges
Carney Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:44 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Yuuupppp. I just walked out of a house full of hookers and politicians and this guy is more full of shit than me.

Which politician did you leave with?
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:31 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Yuuupppp. I just walked out of a house full of hookers and politicians and this guy is more full of shit than me.

Which politician[s] did you leave with?

fixed.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:29 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:

Which politician did you leave with?

hillary. she had the biggest dick
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:49 am

for our departed friend :81

http://www.connect-bridgeport.com/conne ... Brawl17619

Roughly a half a year into his new job and a longer time away from his duties in Morgantown, Luck was able to reflect back and talk about his time there where he was always visible and in front of the camera. And he was able to directly talk about several issues he faced that are still of public interest even since his departure.

Leading off was what was arguably his signature moment at WVU. That moment involves getting the Mountaineers off the sinking Big East ship and onto the deck of what is now one of the Power 5 Conferences in the Big 12.

“That’s probably fair to say that was it,” said Luck when asked about the paramount moment of his time at WVU. “At the end of the day conference affiliation is essential for a program.”

Luck took it one step further, however, in describing just how essential it was as he could see the Big East beginning the sideway swim toward its inevitable football demise

“When you had Pitt and Syracuse leave and TCU deciding not to join, it was an existential threat to the University,” said Luck. “When you think about it, to a certain degree on an athletic front it was a threat to the state, particularly when you consider there are no pro teams. It would have been a major blow had you not been able to find a spot in what they’re calling now a Power 5 conference.”

Luck said even though he was proud of a number of things that took place during his time at the athletic director’s helm, it’s hard to argue with the value of the Big 12 move. And he said that, yes, money is a big reason.

“There is such a long-term financial impact. We made a 12-year granting of rights commitment that will results in dollars that when you stack it up over those 12 years and compare it what would have happened by staying in the old Big East, it’s significant,” Luck said. “There’s a difference of tens of millions of dollars; maybe more than a $100 million.”
While Luck is aware of the options he had at his disposal, he’s also aware that there are those out there that still believe another conference that was a better geographic fit was a very real opportunity. Luck may not have said it, but I will. It was the Big 12 or it would have been the American Athletic Conference. To think there was something better is foolish, particularly those who still want to believe that the ACC was actually an option or that other conferences were just waiting for us so they could pounce at the right time.

It wasn’t the case. Luck said as much.

“I think it’s accurate to say the ACC was never an option and all you have to do is go back and look at the history of the ACC and WVU’s history with the Southern Conference. The ACC changed its membership four or five times and never was WVU in the discussion and never invited,” said Luck. “ … When the most recent discussions were taking place, there was zero opportunity with the ACC – none.”

As for the SEC, well, that’s not the same story as our friends in the ACC. While Luck didn’t talk specifics, he did say something could have happened if …

“The SEC was a little bit different. Missouri took a long time to decide what it wanted to do and I think they were on the fence for six, seven, maybe eight months. Some thought Missouri was waiting for an offer from the Big 10 or may stay in the Big 12,” said Luck. “Had they stayed or had they become a member of the Big 10, we may have had an opportunity – and I emphasize the word maybe – to be in the SEC. The thing is nobody really knew what would have happened. What we do know is that Missouri’s move closed that door.”

The door to the Big 10 was never open either and it had nothing to do with a slight at WVU. Luck said he had, and still has, a great relationship with Commissioner Jim Delaney, but that WVU simply did not have Association of American University status.

“That’s not a slam against the University, but that’s why we weren’t even considered,” said Luck.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:51 am

It says a lot about WVU that they have good football and basketball programs, a huge fanbase, decent media market (Pittsburgh), and would be a geographic fit for 3 of the other 4 major conferences yet apparently weren't even considered by any of them.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium