Transfers

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Transfers

Postby Eagle1999 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:47 am

Any chance Bryce Jones returns?
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby JConman on Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:56 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
JConman {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:If they think everything is 100% a go with Wade next year, I would still like to see them bring in a grad student who could serve as half-coach/half-emergence-back-up-QB. If Wade gets injured or hasn't developed or runs into some unexpected grade problems, you need someone on the roster who can play the position. Right now those kids are in HS (note: Robinson is enrolling in a week).

I take it you believe Flutie is not an option at qb?

This shit is still funny.

I always assumed he'd never see time at QB but once in a while someone (usually on TOS) mentions him as being a possible option at the position, so curious whether it really was just a favor to Doug or whether the kid has given the staff any indication of being able to be a backup at the position.
JConman
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:59 am

JConman {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
JConman {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:If they think everything is 100% a go with Wade next year, I would still like to see them bring in a grad student who could serve as half-coach/half-emergence-back-up-QB. If Wade gets injured or hasn't developed or runs into some unexpected grade problems, you need someone on the roster who can play the position. Right now those kids are in HS (note: Robinson is enrolling in a week).

I take it you believe Flutie is not an option at qb?

This shit is still funny.

I always assumed he'd never see time at QB but once in a while someone (usually on TOS) mentions him as being a possible option at the position, so curious whether it really was just a favor to Doug or whether the kid has given the staff any indication of being able to be a backup at the position.

My sarcastic comment wasn't directed at your post, but the people that will inevitably run with it. I don't doubt that they gave Flutie a legit shot at QB given the lack of depth at the position. I just don't think, if he is as good an athlete as advertised, he will stay there. I also think it will take something strange or serious injury to supplant Wade, so his playing time at QB for the next 3 years is severely impeded.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:59 am

If we could find a transfer WR who is fast and can catch, I for one would really appreciate it.

I really don't want to see the same crew out there again next year. Move Crimmins to the Bordner role from this year and then figure out the other spots.

I defended Callahan for a while, but he couldn't get open against D1 level DBs to save his life. The only reason he looks good in practice is that he's playing against our DBs.

I suppose Swigert and Jackson could fix this issue.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:34 pm

I recall Swigert having pretty good hands. His return would be a welcome addition and I hope teams won't put 9 in the box with Swigert on the field.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:42 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:I recall Swigert having pretty good hands. His return would be a welcome addition and I hope teams won't put 9 in the box with Swigert on the field.

He does, and he had a really good first two years, better than Amidon, IMHO. Hopefully, the young receivers will be a lot better with another year of experience, but in the end, we need a QB that can consistently get the ball to them.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:52 pm

Everett Golson would be eligible for a fifth year correct?

He would be awfully intriguing
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:02 pm

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:I recall Swigert having pretty good hands. His return would be a welcome addition and I hope teams won't put 9 in the box with Swigert on the field.

He does, and he had a really good first two years, better than Amidon, IMHO. Hopefully, the young receivers will be a lot better with another year of experience, but in the end, we need a QB that can consistently get the ball to them.

Wade throws a good ball from what I've seen.
Swigert's a good target but Wade will need a couple options if our passing game is going to be successful.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:19 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:

Wade throws a good ball from what I've seen.
Swigert's a good target but Wade will need a couple options if our passing game is going to be successful.

Swigert by himself is better than anything currently, I think. Are our TEs any good at catching the ball or are they just blockers that are slow-ish and stonehands-ish? I remember last yr's offense, our TEs were slow as hell, but when Rettig got them the ball, they did better at catching it then this yr's crop.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:37 pm

Swigert hasn't played in 2 calendar years and has had his knee blown up on multiple occasions. there was thought that he could return this year, but his knee is still in such bad shape that he couldn't make it on the field. If we are relying on him to be our number 1 receiver and go to guy next year, then we will are in deep Sh^t.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:09 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
hinghameagle {l Wrote}:Swigert hasn't played in 2 calendar years and has had his knee blown up on multiple occasions. there was thought that he could return this year, but his knee is still in such bad shape that he couldn't make it on the field. If we are relying on him to be our number 1 receiver and go to guy next year, then we will are in deep Sh^t.

Still more reliable than why we had this year

him on one leg >>> tebow
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:15 pm

Some might argue that Swigert was BC's best receiver this year, when you take into consideration that he didn't have any drops.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:35 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Some might argue that Swigert was BC's best receiver this year, when you take into consideration that he didn't have any drops.

This wasn't bad TWB
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:26 pm

Swigert had very good hands and so-so speed before his serious knee injuries, he's got to be slower after the injuries. I really wish he'd hang up his cleats and avoid risking more injuries
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby basselope on Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:27 pm

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:Swigert hasn't played in 2 calendar years and has had his knee blown up on multiple occasions. there was thought that he could return this year, but his knee is still in such bad shape that he couldn't make it on the field. If we are relying on him to be our number 1 receiver and go to guy next year, then we will are in deep Sh^t.

Actually it was only once....Granted it was a fucking major once but it was only once.
The multiple surgeries / setbacks were due to a recurring infection which was not resolved until April 2014.

Look there is really no type of injury to compare this to (as far as rehab timing) & there were some early thoughts that he may have been back for this season.
Luckily his Doctor was the smartest man in the room & never released him for any contact due to the risks, so he did not play this season.
It has been mentioned to think of the timing required to be similar to an ACL with the start date as the last surgery of April 2014 so spring ball looks to be just about right.

As mentioned on another thread, he is currently running very well and it looks like he will be back for next season.
When he is fully cleared by Doc to participate in Full contact (looks like spring ball) we will all know what to expect.

FWIW: BC must have confidence in a return as they had to petition for the 6th year before Billy could even apply for it, which the NCAA has granted.

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Some might argue that Swigert was BC's best receiver this year, when you take into consideration that he didn't have any drops.

:kudos
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:51 pm

As long as he's no longer in a hand-me-down boot
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:56 pm

I just think it is awesome that his own uncle calls him Billy on here.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:46 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I just think it is awesome that his own uncle calls him Billy on here.

It must be amusing when Basselope refers to him as such during family gatherings and then he goes on to explain how he participates in this cesspool of messageboardery which is the Genesis of the name. Who was the jackass that referred to him as Billy in the first place anyway?
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:43 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I just think it is awesome that his own uncle calls him Billy on here.

It must be amusing when Basselope refers to him as such during family gatherings and then he goes on to explain how he participates in this cesspool of messageboardery which is the Genesis of the name. Who was the jackass that referred to him as Billy in the first place anyway?

Wasn't it the idiot that used to do the color "commentary" for the ACC games? Or was he shitcanned by the time Billy came around?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:56 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

Wasn't it the idiot that used to do the color "commentary" for the ACC games? Or was he shitcanned by the time Billy came around?

I think so. Same guy that used to talk about Will Solomon
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:18 pm

Same guy that said "Cyborg" for Jefferson Pilot Sports? I miss those crappy telecasts.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:31 pm

If memory serves correct it's what spaz called him
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby basselope on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:48 am

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

It started with the 2010 Syracuse where Andre Williams went wild.

Don't remember who the announcer was but "Billy" Swigert returned the opening kickoff to the 28 Yd line. Both announcers kept calling him Billy thruout the entire 1st half so assume it was on the roster they were using. (was prolly Vinny's fault) :D My sister got pissed & actually called ESPN. Apparently she got thru to someone as they switched to calling him Bobby after half time. This place just rolled with it from there.

Also don't know if it was the same announcer(s) but during the 2011 season's opener against UMASS, the announcer says: "Nice catch by Robby Swigert." I should have recorded my sister's reaction.
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby AdamBC on Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:20 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:
PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

It started with the 2010 Syracuse where Andre Williams went wild.

Don't remember who the announcer was but "Billy" Swigert returned the opening kickoff to the 28 Yd line. Both announcers kept calling him Billy thruout the entire 1st half so assume it was on the roster they were using. (was prolly Vinny's fault) :D My sister got pissed & actually called ESPN. Apparently she got thru to someone as they switched to calling him Bobby after half time. This place just rolled with it from there.

Also don't know if it was the same announcer(s) but during the 2011 season's opener against UMASS, the announcer says: "Nice catch by Robby Swigert." I should have recorded my sister's reaction.

Looks like the announcers were full of gems.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7457&p=160898&hilit=+billy+swigert+#p160905
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:14 pm

Jeff Driskel to Louisiana Tech
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:48 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Jeff Driskel to Louisiana Tech

Glad he's not going to Duke.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:44 pm

If I'm reading French-Canadian Twitter correctly, Joel Karim Zoungrana is transferring to McGill. Good luck in your future endeavors, Mr. Zoungrana.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:50 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:If I'm reading French-Canadian Twitter correctly, Joel Karim Zoungrana is transferring to McGill. Good luck in your future endeavors, Mr. Zoungrana.

Did he ever get on the field?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:28 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:If I'm reading French-Canadian Twitter correctly, Joel Karim Zoungrana is transferring to McGill. Good luck in your future endeavors, Mr. Zoungrana.

Did he ever get on the field?

No - dead weight.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:32 pm

I guess Dazz's FL pipeline has dried up,Driskel started 22 games for FL,Murphy only started a few, imagine what Driskel could accomplish.
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium