Coaching Carousel 2014/15 Edition

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Carousel 2014/15 Edition

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:10 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:I'm not worried about Addazio. If you have ever spoken directly to him, you would understand why people say the guy truly loves it here. He genuinely seems to enjoy the school and the area. That's not to say I don't think Addazio would never leave, I just don't think he would leave for anything less than a tier 1, absolute certainty job. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe others are wrong, it certainly could just be a persona he puts up. But I would be shocked to see him leave for a Wisconsin type job.

HJS {l Wrote}:Wasn't there some Mass kid folks were all busted up about who went to Wisco?

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-footb ... 07835.html

I love the guy, but keep in mind, he also used to be pretty darn enthusiastic about Temple and Philadelphia.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:20 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Gary Andersen leaving Wisconsin for Oregon State

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/12/10/7373923/gary-andersen-oregon-state-head-coach

Bruce Feldman tweeted good point, could Chryst leave Pitt to go back to Wisconsin ??

First of all... Holy Shit! Oregon State really won that swap of coaches with the B10. Second of all, Chryst would personally pay whatever Pitt buy-out he has for the chance at Wisco.

Will be interesting to see if there is any recruting fall out from this at Wisconsin and/or at Pitt shoudl Chryst leave. Wisconsin is involved with a number of guys that BC had offered (specifically Jake Pickard and Sam Madden both from NJ but guys in previous classes as well such as Lubern Figaro). These were Pickards tweets from a moment ago :

One of the rumors as to why he left is because he was disenchanted by the admission process at Wisconsin and said their academic restrictions were too stringent

TOS, at the time, claimed BC could not take Figaro for academic reasons.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:30 am

So I popped onto M Go Blog this AM because I was curious what had been said about Daz for UM. The people there... they do not want him. What I found interesting is they all claim that he fits the supposed profile of a "offensive-minded coach who runs a pro set offense" or as the writer describes it - "the kind of guy who thinks football innovation ended in 1997."

I contrast that with their lust for Harbaugh and can only assume that they just haven't watched any BC games (not really a stretch - why would they?). Considering how much our offense the last few years have looked like Stanford's...

Anyhow, this is all rambling but I'm wondering if Daz is mentioned solely as a "hey, here's a guy that may work there" and not really on any list so to speak.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:13 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Wisconsin seemed like a good job before their last two coaches left for Arkansas and Oregon State.

I wonder if after losing 59-0 to the Ohio State in a championship game if he was not encouraged to explore other options. Rare to see a team that unprepared for a big time football game. Barry Alvarez comes across as a real prick to deal with. You don't got to go home.... :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:18 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Wisconsin seemed like a good job before their last two coaches left for Arkansas and Oregon State.

I wonder if after losing 59-0 to the Ohio State in a championship game if he was not encouraged to explore other options. Rare to see a team that unprepared for a big time football game. Barry Alvarez comes across as a real prick to deal with. You don't got to go home.... :ace

Who was the guy who was working at Wisconsin, was from Long Island, and played at Alabama, whose name got tossed around a bunch when GDF left.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:23 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

Who was the guy who was working at Wisconsin, was from Long Island, and played at Alabama, whose name got tossed around a bunch when GDF left.

Sean Frazier, AD at NIU now
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby shockdoct on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:24 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

http://www.niuhuskies.com/genrel/sean_f ... 53395.html
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby talon on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:29 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:

That 59-0 win by Ohio State sure made it a lot easier for Barry Alvarez to convince the committee not to leave his Big Ten conference out in the cold.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby guru2 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:38 am

Cutcliffe turning Michigan down turned out to be false ...
guru2
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:26 am

guru2 {l Wrote}:Cutcliffe turning Michigan down turned out to be false ...

According to Michigan through the Detroit News. They also claim that Les Miles was contacted but was made clear that he isn't a top candidate. Whatevs. This is like saying Christian was our top choice all along and anyone who claims they had more than cursory discussions for the BC job is a liar. There has never in the history of college been a situation where a school didn't land the only person they offered the job to. Hell... even though Beamer and Laycock had BC press conferences scheduled in 1991, neither were technically offered the job.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:30 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:So I popped onto M Go Blog this AM because I was curious what had been said about Daz for UM. The people there... they do not want him. What I found interesting is they all claim that he fits the supposed profile of a "offensive-minded coach who runs a pro set offense" or as the writer describes it - "the kind of guy who thinks football innovation ended in 1997."

I contrast that with their lust for Harbaugh and can only assume that they just haven't watched any BC games (not really a stretch - why would they?). Considering how much our offense the last few years have looked like Stanford's...

Anyhow, this is all rambling but I'm wondering if Daz is mentioned solely as a "hey, here's a guy that may work there" and not really on any list so to speak.

Are they saying they WANT someone who thinks football innovation ended in 1997? Because they had someone who one of the more innovative offensive minds (in RichRod), and they HATED it and ran him out of town quite quickly for not playing "Big Ten Football".

Their concerns about Daz are pretty much the same were ours. It's understandable. At the end of the day, Daz still has the Florida OC disaster fresh in the minds of many. BC is a great spot for him to remake his reputation.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:35 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:So I popped onto M Go Blog this AM because I was curious what had been said about Daz for UM. The people there... they do not want him. What I found interesting is they all claim that he fits the supposed profile of a "offensive-minded coach who runs a pro set offense" or as the writer describes it - "the kind of guy who thinks football innovation ended in 1997."

Are they saying they WANT someone who thinks football innovation ended in 1997? Because they had someone who one of the more innovative offensive minds (in RichRod), and they HATED it and ran him out of town quite quickly for not playing "Big Ten Football".

Their concerns about Daz are pretty much the same were ours. It's understandable. At the end of the day, Daz still has the Florida OC disaster fresh in the minds of many. BC is a great spot for him to remake his reputation.

If by "innovative" you mean that RichRod ran the Veer from the 1950's, sure.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:19 pm

I've seen Daz's name mentioned on lists of possible Wisco candidates, but they seem to be in the same line that has him linked to Mich (i.e. coach doing a decent job at a similar program and runs a Big-Ten-friendly offense).
http://athlonsports.com/college-footbal ... -wisconsin
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-footba ... io-pelini/

That said... how can Chryst NOT be the choice? Raised in Madison... was a starting QB for the Badgers... was Alvarez's OC before retaining the gig under Beilema. With the revolving door recently in Madison, you just have to assume they will go with the hometown alum. This thread should now focus on who Pitt will hire. While I am a strong supporter of hiring climbers, Pitt is likely sick of doing it. My guess is that they will look to hire someone who will stay for more than 3 years. That will likely mean a MAC coach (Lembo, Campbell) or an alum (and likely takes someone like Schiano out of the mix).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:21 pm

I think Schiano just announced that he has taken his name out of the running for the Pitt job.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby guru2 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:48 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
guru2 {l Wrote}:Cutcliffe turning Michigan down turned out to be false ...

According to Michigan through the Detroit News. They also claim that Les Miles was contacted but was made clear that he isn't a top candidate. Whatevs. This is like saying Christian was our top choice all along and anyone who claims they had more than cursory discussions for the BC job is a liar. There has never in the history of college been a situation where a school didn't land the only person they offered the job to. Hell... even though Beamer and Laycock had BC press conferences scheduled in 1991, neither were technically offered the job.

The problem with Cutcliffe to Michigan is it really never made any sense as someone said previously. Does Michigan really want a 60 year old coach who bombed in the only pressure situation he was ever in (Ole Miss) and who's other claim to fame is made Duke into a respectable team on the shitty side of the ACC?
guru2
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:11 pm

you know who claims something is fake in a clandestine situation? the one who was turned down
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:33 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:you know who claims something is fake in a clandestine situation? the one who was turned down

is this a tangent of the "denied it/supplied it" postulate?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:14 am

Twittersphere says Chryst got the Wisconsin job
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:20 am

Lol Pitt

Even better Pitt fans were suggesting Daz
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:26 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Lol Pitt

Even better Pitt fans were suggesting Daz

They will be on their 7th coach (Hc And interim to have coached a game) in 5 years. Hopefully we see some recruiting fallout here as pitt, like wisconsin, had commitments from a few guys who had BC in serious consideration(Quadree henderson for one picked Pitt over BC)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:30 am

What do we think Daz gets paid again?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:34 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:What do we think Daz gets paid again?

I'll answer my own question. According to "coachinghotseat.com" Daz earns 1.75 million. According to the same site, Chryst earns 1.8 million (according to USA today, Chryst earns 1.575). If these are accurate or at least in the ballpark, I am not worried about losing a coach to Pitt for financial reasons.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:24 am

Addazio makes 2 mill/year
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:26 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

Addazio makes 2 mill/year

This was my understanding, as well.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:33 pm

i thought that was jay wright
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:41 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:That said... how can Chryst NOT be the choice? Raised in Madison... was a starting QB for the Badgers... was Alvarez's OC before retaining the gig under Beilema. With the revolving door recently in Madison, you just have to assume they will go with the hometown alum. This thread should now focus on who Pitt will hire. While I am a strong supporter of hiring climbers, Pitt is likely sick of doing it. My guess is that they will look to hire someone who will stay for more than 3 years. That will likely mean a MAC coach (Lembo, Campbell) or an alum (and likely takes someone like Schiano out of the mix).

As I said yesterday, I think Pitt is going to look at someone who will stay a little while. As such, they will look at coaches with connections to the area (like an alum) or give a MAC coach their shot (which usually means a solid 4+ years before someone bigger would come poaching).

I have zero concern about Pitt taking Dazoo... even if they are ultimately somehow successful.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:46 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby NotoriousOrange on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:58 pm

Gents,

Addazio truly likes it here. He is not looking at the job as a stepping stone. Of course someone could blow him away with an outrageous offer, but I don't believe that he is trying to actively seek such offers.

On the other hand Jags wanted to/and was actively seeking to get back to the NFL within 2 weeks of taking the BC job
Last edited by NotoriousOrange on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:26 pm

Am I missing something? Chryst is pretty mediocre IMO.

Pitt can easily upgrade on him even with one of the up and coming MAC coaches.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:27 pm

he mediocred the shit out of us...
TobaccoRoadEagle