Coaching Carousel 2014/15 Edition

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Carousel 2014/15 Edition

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:53 pm

I understand that this is a college thread, but Dou Marrone walking away from the Bills is pretty surprising.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:14 pm

just saw on the espn ticker that there is a clause when a change of ownership occurs, he can bail.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:43 pm

Might be another guy who's spent virtually all of his career in college and gets an NFL head coaching gig only to realize how awful the lifestyle is.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:38 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:Might be another guy who's spent virtually all of his career in college and gets an NFL head coaching gig only to realize how awful the lifestyle is.

Possible. Otherwise it is just a play to get more money.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:27 am

Marrone to the Bills amazed me too. I get Syracuse was on its deathbed and he saved it, but I don't ever recall them or the Bills looking great -- I always felt the Jets lost to the Bills more than the Bills beat them. That said, he'll be HC of the NYJ probably by tonight.

Also, I know this is pro stuff, but Rex Ryan with Matt Ryan on offense will produce some great teams in Atlanta. That must happen.

As far as Harbaugh, with that much money, doesn't this hire have the chance to really destroy Michigan for decades if it goes badly? Amazingly risky in my mind.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:26 am

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:As far as Harbaugh, with that much money, doesn't this hire have the chance to really destroy Michigan for decades if it goes badly? Amazingly risky in my mind.

This is likely mostly donor money. I don't think the athletic dept could commandeer $50 mil for the football coaching job due to the politics that would be a part of that discussion. I think it's risky In that donors may not pony up again for the next coach if harbaugh doesn't work out. They can still outspend mpst of us for a coach without outside help
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:23 am

I'm veering between college & pro.

Re Marrone: I'm sorry maybe I'm missing something but I never thought of this guy as a good coach.

Re Rex: Agreed 110% he should go to ATL. Hire someone w an OL background to work as OC and let Rex rebuild the D. I'd be surprised if they didn't make it back to the playoffs next year. Say what you will about Rex he can coach the shit out of D
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:43 am

Let's see if Matty Ice can actually win a truly big game now that Smith is gone. It was incredible how bad that guy was.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:03 pm

Things can always be worse. Just when it looks like the Raiders are finally ready to turn the corner, they announce that they are going to interview Eric Mangini for the head coaching gig. :81
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:16 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Marrone to the Bills amazed me too. I get Syracuse was on its deathbed and he saved it, but I don't ever recall them or the Bills looking great -- I always felt the Jets lost to the Bills more than the Bills beat them. That said, he'll be HC of the NYJ probably by tonight.

Also, I know this is pro stuff, but Rex Ryan with Matt Ryan on offense will produce some great teams in Atlanta. That must happen.

As far as Harbaugh, with that much money, doesn't this hire have the chance to really destroy Michigan for decades if it goes badly? Amazingly risky in my mind.

Having watched every single bills game this year I completely disagree. (I'm not a bills fan, a friend is).

Marrone completely turned the team around and made them formidable with a shotty OL, no QB and one wide receiver.

Add in the fact that they lost their great Defensive coordinator to the browns, were continually facing 8-9 in the box(they had a crap passing game) and the injuries that they had, spiller, Jackson, secondary players and most importantly their best player, Kiko Alonso, and Marrone was impressive.

I think he is a damn good coach who will, a the very least, build a disciplined team that never quits.

OK, fair enough, I only ever caught a few bills games vs. Jets, Pats and Miami (I'm a jets fan living in Mass).

With Harbaugh leading the NFL for college the only other ones I can think of who did the same (that is, job in hand in NFL/without being fired) are Saban, Miami to Bama, and, Al Groh (Jets for a mediocre run at UVA). Sure I'm missing a bunch.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby JConman on Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:17 pm

Chuck Fairbanks from the Patriots to Colorado in 1978. Obviously a completely different time.
JConman
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:29 pm

Petrino from the Falcons to Arkansas
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:06 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Things can always be worse. Just when it looks like the Raiders are finally ready to turn the corner, they announce that they are going to interview Eric Mangini for the head coaching gig. :81

It gets worse, per deadspin a couple days ago:

"The Raiders Do Not Fucking Get It

Samer Kalaf

The Raiders are in the market for a head coach. Their list of candidates, however, is proof that owner Mark Davis is his father's son.

Mike Garafolo of Fox Sports reported last night that Oakland was planning an interview with Eric Mangini, currently an assistant for the 49ers:

Mangini's career record as a head coach is 33-47 with one playoff appearance—a loss. But wait, there's more! Jack Del Rio, who had two excellent seasons with the Jaguars but holds a career head coaching record of 68-71, and Pat Shurmur, who went 9-23 in two seasons with the Browns, will also get interviews. Even interim coach Tony Sparano, who produced a record of 32-41 with the Dolphins and Raiders, will get to make his case to stay where he is. This list is clear, however: The Raiders are going to screw this up.

These are all terrible head coaching options. The Raiders are not shaking up any foundation, and right now, they can build a new one with a sparkly new coach. But they're choosing to look at proven failures.

Oakland needs to break the cycle of coach shuffling. Look at some college coaches. Talk to one NFL coordinator who isn't a failed head coach. Listen, if you're going to fail, fail originally. Don't fail with fucking Pat Shurmur.

The Raiders have some talent right now. That's not a joke. Derek Carr is a competent quarterback. Khalil Mack was an outstanding linebacker in his first season. Latavius Murray could help their running-back woes. This is the perfect time for someone new, and the Raiders don't seem to be taking advantage of the opportunity."

10 208Reply

Not that anyone gives two shits about the Raiders, but the Deadspin author forgets that the coach the Raiders just fired was a young, hot-shot "NFL coordinator who [wasn't] a failed head coach".

Do the Raiders get it? Of course they don't. A decade of losing shows that. But, it ain't like there are many big names floating this offseason. Hell... the best just chose Michigan over every NFL gig. Bottom line is that when a just-fired Jets coach is the biggest name available, you know it is a bad coach hiring cycle. BTW... with a classic drop back QB, who would Deadspin suggest the Raiders take from college? A guy like Sumlin could be OK, but he hasn't coached in the NFL since 1997. The only one I could remotely think of is David Shaw. And, given his connections to the organization, that is certainly a possibility. But, even that would be far from a slam-dunk hire.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:36 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
Having watched every single bills game this year I completely disagree. (I'm not a bills fan, a friend is).

Marrone completely turned the team around and made them formidable with a shotty OL, no QB and one wide receiver.

Add in the fact that they lost their great Defensive coordinator to the browns, were continually facing 8-9 in the box(they had a crap passing game) and the injuries that they had, spiller, Jackson, secondary players and most importantly their best player, Kiko Alonso, and Marrone was impressive.

I think he is a damn good coach who will, a the very least, build a disciplined team that never quits.

I started to list all of the ways that marrone is horrible but I stopped myself. He is dog shit. And a thin skinned asshole to boot. I really hope he goes to the jets so that I can just laugh and laugh and laugh some more and then take a short break for a fresca and then laugh some more.

Good riddance.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:29 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:

I started to list all of the ways that marrone is horrible but I stopped myself. He is dog shit. And a thin skinned asshole to boot. I really hope he goes to the jets so that I can just laugh and laugh and laugh some more and then take a short break for a fresca and then laugh some more.

Good riddance.

Maroon took a shitty team that has a decent d-line and won 9 games, including knocking off the two best teams in the league, with Kyle Orton at QB. Best dogshit Buffalo has seen in ages.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:17 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Rex Ryan to the bills. Probably another 4 seasons of anywhere from 6-9 wins.... No QB or first rounder this year, aging/injury probe RBs and a bad offensive line, only to name some of their problems

That is a pretty shocking development. Rex was a finalist for both much better gigs in ATL and SF. Nonetheless, it's a major improvement for the Bills.

Back to the Patriots, McDaniels is getting a job this carousel. And, I think he will do very well. Yeah... he sucked when making personnel decisions. But, he reminds me a bit of Mikey Shanahan (who was too young for his job with the Raiders, but was great his second time around).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:18 pm

I won't be real sad if McDaniels gets a job. He's a great play-caller one minute and downright infuriating the next.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:03 pm

So Rex can't really do shit with an offense. My question is how much did he get a chance to affect those decisions in NY? Was he involved in drafting that side of the ball? And was he hiring his coordinators? If no to both, then there's hope for him in Buffalo, provided they draft and hire well. BTW, looks like Greg Roman will be their OC.

It'll also help if Brady and Belechick retire.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby 31southst on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:01 pm

Per twitter, it looks like Coleman Hutzler is our new ST/linebackers coach (https://twitter.com/CoachHutzler). He was the ST coach under Muschamp this past year (http://www.gatorzone.com/football/staff/hutzler).
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:25 pm

JDF is interviewing for OC roles in the nfl...one step closer to taking over our program
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:55 pm

Hutzler official per bceagles.com:

http://www.bceagles.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011315aaa.html

Chestnut Hill, Mass. - Coleman Hutzler has been named Boston College football's special teams coordinator, head coach Steve Addazio announced on Tuesday. Hutzler, who will also work with the SAM linebackers, was most recently a member of the University of Florida staff in 2014.

"I am extremely excited to welcome Coleman, his wife Cobey and their family to Boston College," Addazio said. "Coleman is a passionate coach who brings tremendous experience working with special teams and linebackers. He is a great addition to our staff and will be an asset to our program."

Hutzler is reuniting with Addazio and offensive line coach Justin Frye, who worked on the Florida staff in 2010. He replaces Sean McGowan, who will not return for the 2015 season.

"I am excited to join what is a great staff at Boston College," Hutzler said. "I am looking forward to working with Coach Addazio and Coach Frye again and I can't wait to work with Don Brown and the defensive staff. I am excited to be a part of this team and this great university."

With the Gators, who were 7-5 and earned a 28-20 Birmingham Bowl win over East Carolina, Hutzler coached the special teams to the second-best punt return average in the Southeastern Conference and the 17th-best in the nation. Punter Kyle Christy earned AP Second-Team All-SEC honors, averaging 44.3 yards per punt, 14th in the nation. In one year, Hutzler improved kicker Austin Hardin's field-goal percentage 16 points.

As the Gators outside linebackers coach, Hutzler coached Dante Fowler, Jr. to a Coaches First-Team All-SEC selection. Fowler recorded a career-high three sacks for a loss of 22 yards in the bowl game and totaled 8.5 sacks for a loss of 64 yards and 15 tackles for a loss of 78 yards in 2014.

Hutzler was the special teams coordinator and outside linebackers coach at New Mexico in 2012-13. He coached punter Ben Skaer to First-Team All-Mountain West accolades and returner Carlos Wiggins to Mountain West Special Teams Player of the Year and a second-team All-America honors in 2013. Wiggins returned three kickoffs for touchdowns and the Lobos were first in the conference and 15th in the nation in kickoff returns.

In 2010-11, Hutzler worked under special teams coordinator and linebackers coach DJ Durkin in Gainesville. Before that, he was an assistant to co-defensive coordinators Ron Lynn and Andy Buh and to Durkin at Stanford in 2008-09.

Hutzler began his coaching career at the University of San Diego, working as a defensive assistant in 2006. He then moved to Palo Alto to become a recruiting assistant at Stanford in 2007.

The Las Vegas, Nev., native played football at Middlebury College in Vermont, earning his degree in psychology. A linebacker on the team from 2002-05, he was a team captain as a senior. He also was a four-year catcher on the baseball team. He and his wife, Cobey, have a son, Micah, and a newborn daughter, Leila.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby mod6A on Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:22 pm

shane macgowan is leaving our dirty old town. :bag :whiteflag :bag :seanwilliams

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:08 am

Effing weird NFL Coaching Carousel season...

Jets fire Rex Ryan and hire Todd Bowles.
Raiders fire Dennis Allen and hire Jack Del Rio.
49ers fire Jim Harbaugh and hire Jim Tomsula.
Bills get fired by Doug Marrone and hire Rex Ryan.
Bears fire Marc Trestman... still open but seems that John Fox will be announced very soon.
Broncos fire John Fox... still open but seems that Gary Kubiak will be announced very soon.
Falcons fire Mike Smith... still open no imminent decision.

Thoughts

Falcons, by taking their time, have put themselves in the driver seat for finding a coach among the top assistants. Dan Quinn, Mike Gase, Darrell Bevell and Josh McDaniels (along with Doug Marrone) all know it is all or nothing for them. From Matty's perspective, I'd love to see them land someone with whom will stop the revolving OCs that he has experienced. 3 of the 4 candidates mentioned above are offensive guys. Only Quinn (like Mike Smith) is a DC. I know I'm in the minority here, but I hope they get Bevell or McDaniels.

Todd Bowles is getting panned in the NY press, but he is a very good coach. Much more boring than Rex which is bad for the media but good for the team (press seems to have wanted Quinn). I think that they probably should have considered Marrone and Frank Reich (who I predict will be an EXCELLENT head coach one day) a little more, but Bowles remains one of the strongest hires this off-season in my opinion.

I think the Bills improved. Love the Rex hire from their perspective... and bringing in Roman to fix the mess on offense is similar a strong move.

Outside of Dennis Allen, there was no worse coach in the NFL than Marc Trestman. They could hire Chris Crane and that would be an improvement. The Bears are a great organization with a terrible GM and a roster in major transition. I think John Fox would be a decent hire for them... if nothing it brings experience and stability to what could otherwise be a rocky road.

As for the Broncos... I have no idea what they are doing. If Peyton is retiring, sure... blow the whole effing thing up. But, if Peyton was considering on returning, this is all stupid. Nonetheless, Denver always loved Kubiak. So, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him get the gig.

Raiders instantly got better with the firing of Dennis Allen. Hell... Tony effing Sparano showed massive improvement over him. I like that Madden and Davis didn't listen to the players (who were supporting Sparano). This is a significant departure from his dad who would have absolutely followed their suggestion. Outside of Bowles, McDaniels and Shanahan, the coaches they interviewed were a trainwreck of "are you effing serious???" candidates. Nonetheless, I think Del Rio is a good choice for them. I like former players as NFL head coaches. I also think the organization (based on where they are in their rebuild) really needed someone with head coaching experience as they could not suffer through on-the-job training. Del Rio is an average head coach. But, for the Raiders, that means he is better than anyone they have had since Gruden.

By far... the organization that did the craziest move was the Niners. Getting rid of Harbaugh was inconceivable and almost as crazy as hiring the DL coach. Yesterday, Adam Schecter said they hired Tomsula because the organization feels like its close and they wanted continuity and they felt that Tomsula could keep the coaching staff together. Today it was announced that only one coach from the offense would be returning (RB coach Tom Rathman), also Vic Fangio is not returning as DC (after being passed over). So much for continuity.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:11 am

Not a McDaniels guy, and not sure his offense is designed for Atlanta's vertical weapons, but I think he would help get Ryan to the next level. He'd need to hire a legit veteran DC, however.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:15 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Not a McDaniels guy, and not sure his offense is designed for Atlanta's vertical weapons, but I think he would help get Ryan to the next level. He'd need to hire a legit veteran DC, however.

I think guys like McDaniels (and even Del Rio) whose time as head coach was marked by QB instability have the best chance of doing well if they get a second chance with an established QB. The Falcons need to make a move soon because they will lose a number of excellent assistants. For instance, if Atlanta went in the direction of Bevell, McDaniels or even Gase, I'd love to see them announce that and then quickly reach out and grab Vic Fangio before he lands in that Redskins dumpster fire.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:41 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Not a McDaniels guy, and not sure his offense is designed for Atlanta's vertical weapons, but I think he would help get Ryan to the next level. He'd need to hire a legit veteran DC, however.

I think guys like McDaniels (and even Del Rio) whose time as head coach was marked by QB instability have the best chance of doing well if they get a second chance with an established QB. The Falcons need to make a move soon because they will lose a number of excellent assistants. For instance, if Atlanta went in the direction of Bevell, McDaniels or even Gase, I'd love to see them announce that and then quickly reach out and grab Vic Fangio before he lands in that Redskins dumpster fire.

Don't forget that Demitroff is a NE guy. He might wait to see with McDaniel, and I suspect he is going to need to wait three more weeks.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:22 am

HJS {l Wrote}:is bad for the media but good for the team (press seems to have wanted Quinn). I think that they probably should have considered Marrone and Frank Reich (who I predict will be an EXCELLENT head coach one day) a little more, but Bowles remains one of the strongest hires this off-season in my opinion.

I think the Bills improved. Love the Rex hire from their perspective... and bringing in Roman to fix the mess on offense is similar a strong move.

Surprised Rex jumped at the Bills offer but between the Falcons dragging their feet, Dimitroff apparently not on board & 27 million pegulas tough to pass up. It's too bad cause I think he would've killed it with Atlanta.

Re Bowles / Quinn, there is no worse group than writers who cover the Jets. They could've hired Vince Lombardi and Minish, Serby, Cimini, etc would complain
Last edited by claver2010 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:24 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Don't forget that Demitroff is a NE guy. He might wait to see with McDaniel, and I suspect he is going to need to wait three more weeks.

And Pioli. Though Demitroff got some of his power stripped away. With regards to McDaniels, he also created the instability himself by pissing off Jay Cutler in trying to trade for Cassel and, after getting a good year out of Orton, put all his eggs in the Tebow basket. There is just a lot of gold in that sentence.

Also, is Rex even that good of a coach? He's a Grade A media darling but outside of the BACK 2 BACK AFC RUNNER UPS, his teams have been quite mediocre.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:29 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

And Pioli. Though Demitroff got some of his power stripped away. With regards to McDaniels, he also created the instability himself by pissing off Jay Cutler in trying to trade for Cassel and, after getting a good year out of Orton, put all his eggs in the Tebow basket. There is just a lot of gold in that sentence.

Also, is Rex even that good of a coach? He's a Grade A media darling but outside of the BACK 2 BACK AFC RUNNER UPS, his teams have been quite mediocre.

Can't they hire McDaniels or Bevell or Quinn while the season is going on? Yeah... they can't take over the day-to-day, but with they at least could at least have the GM help start assemble a staff. As for McDaniels handling of player personnel decisions in Denver... yeah... they were a disaster. And that is why he won't have them this time around (nor should he have ever had them as a 32 year old first time head coach).

As for Rex and as someone who doesn't have any affinity towards the Jets, he is an excellent coach. He is an absolutely brilliant defensive mind (unlike his idiot brother). He also does a great job dealing with the players. And, what Massholes mock as a media darling, is really nothing more than a ploy to take media pressure off of his players (which is incredible in NY). I would have loved for the Raiders to hire him and think he would have done great in Atlanta. The Bills are a team in a bit of transition (again he doesn't have a QB), but if they focus on the run game and get an adequate game manager (hello Sanchez reunion), I think he will do fine. Here's probably the biggest indicator of him as a coach... do you think Brady is happy to see him stay in the AFC East?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:39 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Can't they hire McDaniels or Bevell or Quinn while the season is going on? Yeah... they can't take over the day-to-day, but with they at least could at least have the GM help start assemble a staff. As for McDaniels handling of player personnel decisions in Denver... yeah... they were a disaster. And that is why he won't have them this time around (nor should he have ever had them as a 32 year old first time head coach).

As for Rex and as someone who doesn't have any affinity towards the Jets, he is an excellent coach. He is an absolutely brilliant defensive mind (unlike his idiot brother). He also does a great job dealing with the players. And, what Massholes mock as a media darling, is really nothing more than a ploy to take media pressure off of his players (which is incredible in NY). I would have loved for the Raiders to hire him and think he would have done great in Atlanta. The Bills are a team in a bit of transition (again he doesn't have a QB), but if they focus on the run game and get an adequate game manager (hello Sanchez reunion), I think he will do fine. Here's probably the biggest indicator of him as a coach... do you think Brady is happy to see him stay in the AFC East?

I think to say that Brady thinks much about Rex Ryan is giving him too much credit. He's a decent coach, but come on. Brady is 9-4 against Rex Ryan led Jets. Jets haven't won the division since my boy Herm was coach.

2001 New England Patriots 11–5–0
2002 New York Jets 9–7–0
2003 New England Patriots 14–2–0
2004 New England Patriots 14–2–0
2005 New England Patriots 10–6–0
2006 New England Patriots 12–4–0
2007 New England Patriots 16–0–0
2008 Miami Dolphins 11–5–0
2009 New England Patriots 10–6–0
2010 New England Patriots 14-2-0
2011 New England Patriots 13–3–0
2012 New England Patriots 12–4–0
2013 New England Patriots 12–4–0
2014 New England Patriots 12-4-0
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium