Coaching Carousel 2014/15 Edition

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Carousel 2014/15 Edition

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:51 am

31southst {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12198836/jim-harbaugh-son-jay-harbaugh-joins-michigan-wolverines-staff
GDF is jealous that he didn't stick around BC long enough to do the same.

i'm pretty close to changing JDF's name to FHCJDF

Speaking of him, new OC for the Browns - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/21/browns-hire-john-defilippo-as-offensive-coordinator/.

You've gotta be fuckin kidding me.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:59 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:poor bassy can't get a break

So, the QB coach for the 32nd ranked offense just got a promotion to Offensive Coordinator??? Damn... he's failing upward just like his old man. Must be genetic.

P and S - the two previous QBs JDF mentored (prior to Carr) were Terrell Pryor and Jamarcus Russell. As if Johnny Football wasn't already in such esteemed company.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:03 pm

This offense by the Browns is more egregious than what the Patriots are alleged to have done.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:09 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This offense by the Browns is more egregious than what the Patriots are alleged to have done.

And the league has rightfully punished them by allowing them to keep their first round draft pick. Given the history that is a more severe penalty than the Patsies losing theirs.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:10 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This offense by the Browns is more egregious than what the Patriots are alleged to have done.

And the league has rightfully punished them by allowing them to keep their first round draft pick. Given the history that is a more severe penalty than the Patsies losing theirs.

Fair point.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby basselope on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:20 pm

Unfuckingbelievable... :gun
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:23 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:

As your new OC may be wont to say, things are never as good or as bad as they seem.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby basselope on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:27 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:

As your new OC may be wont to say, things are never as good or as bad as they seem.

Well at least they brought back bottles at the stadium...
Have a feeling it won't make it thru next season.

basselope
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:35 pm

i'm guessing bassy feel like the browns sucked some air out of his balls this morning

hashbrown suck-ball-ring
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:41 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i'm guessing bassy feel like the browns sucked some air out of his balls this morning

hashbrown suck-ball-ring

Eh, that would be a competitive advantage, and this is the Browns.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:36 pm

ONE STEP CLOSER TO FHCJDF BECOMING HCJDF

:chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:59 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:ONE STEP CLOSER TO FHCJDF BECOMING HCJDF

:chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka

When this happens, Baldwin will take off his head at the press conference revealing that it is GDF in the costume.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:18 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:P and S - the two previous QBs JDF mentored (prior to Carr) were Terrell Pryor and Jamarcus Russell. As if Johnny Football wasn't already in such esteemed company.

In fairness those 2 were both trainwrecks long before JDF arrived on scene.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:36 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:P and S - the two previous QBs JDF mentored (prior to Carr) were Terrell Pryor and Jamarcus Russell. As if Johnny Football wasn't already in such esteemed company.

The fuck? JDF was JRuss' first QB coach (for his first 2 season (Russell only lasted 3 years in the League)). Pryor had only one year under his belt and then spent 2 seasons with JDF (and those were the years he got some run).

Besides, how does JRuss and TPryor already being trainwrecks distinguish them in any way from Johnny Football?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:16 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

The fuck? JDF was JRuss' first QB coach (for his first 2 season (Russell only lasted 3 years in the League)). Pryor had only one year under his belt and then spent 2 seasons with JDF (and those were the years he got some run).

Besides, how does JRuss and TPryor already being trainwrecks distinguish them in any way from Johnny Football?

I think Jamarcus set himself apart from the others by being worth tens of millions of dollars - and allowing Purple Drank to be the substance that drove him out of the league. I don't know any other multi-millionaires who gravitate towards Purple Drank, but maybe that's just me.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:29 pm

He doesn't look as greasy as his father in the picture attached to the ESPN article. So at least he has that going for him. How tall is he?
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:53 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I think Jamarcus set himself apart from the others by being worth tens of millions of dollars - and allowing Purple Drank to be the substance that drove him out of the league. I don't know any other multi-millionaires who gravitate towards Purple Drank, but maybe that's just me.

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:54 pm

Boston College OC Ryan Day to Philadelphia Eagles as QB coach, per source
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby h2o on Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:49 pm

What's the deal? Turns out Anderson left Wisconsin because the admission standards were too high.

Andersen made it clear that he wasn't blaming Wisconsin for their standards.
"That's not Wisconsin's fault," Andersen said. "That's Wisconsin's deal ... I want to surround myself with those kids I can get in school."

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/01/22/oregon-state-gary-andersen-wisconsin-admissions-standards
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:44 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

I meant before they even arrived in the league. No one was going to turn them into productive NFL QBs.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:35 am

January 24, 2015

University Signs Slavic Languages Professor to Five Year, $52 Million Contract

In what will go down as an historic signing, the University of Michigan’s College of Literature, Science and the Arts hired Professor Andrej Bulgakov to a five year, $52 million contract Friday to become the head of the Slavic Languages and Literatures Department.

The landmark signing comes after a tumultuous three year span under Professor Mikhail Krylov in which the department suffered a significant decline in performance and a noticeable drop in lecture attendance. After the dismissal of Krylov at the end of the Fall semester, the University underwent a month long search for a new head of the storied department.

Bulgakov, who university sources said was at the top of their hiring list, did not become a realistic possibility until this past week, when he agreed to visit Ann Arbor to meet with school officials, Bulgakov told reporters. “It was a very big decision, and one that comes with a lot of pressure, so naturally I wanted to confer with my family before I reached a conclusion.” Professor Bulgakov, who attended the University himself decades ago, says he abides by the department’s motto, “Those who stay will be fluent.”

“I am very ready to get in and get started. I know it won’t be easy, but I’m ready to get this program headed in the right direction,” he said.

He added frankly, “Look, facts are facts. We need students to come to Michigan, and we can’t do that without a strong Slavic Language Department.”

Professor Bulgakov arrived in Ann Arbor late Sunday morning to much fanfare and excitement. Junior Becca Laing was among many ecstatic fans awaiting Bulgakov’s arrival at the airport. “It’s just so exciting to see the University finally make a good hire,” she said. “My entire time at school the department sucked, and it’s just so refreshing knowing that I’ll finally be able to enjoy my weekends studying Czech consonant phonemes the way it should be.” Ushankas, Professor Bulgakov’s signature form of fur cap, will be given away at the next basketball game.

Originally published January 2015
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:24 am

Stephen Ross is gonna be piiiiiiiissssssssed.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:12 am

The Raiders have been poaching the ACC for assistants... first Sal Sunseri from FSU and next is supposedly Louisville's DC Todd Grantham. This helps BC big time as Grantham... the 3rd highest paid assistant coach in all of college football... is excellent and was the reason why Louisville's D was among the best in the country. Further, Sunseri was about the only defensive coach on FSU worth a damn (btw... how has the Noles not fired their terrible DC yet?).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:14 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:So... apparently Chryst is flying to Madison, meeting with the Chancellor and staying over night.
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/12/ ... hancellor/

Thought that this was interesting... shows how bad Spaz was in numbers.
http://regressing.deadspin.com/chart-wh ... 36/+kylenw

A new analysis of coaches' performance vs. expectations using second order wins. Apparently the Spaz years are the very definition of meeting expectations...

:lame

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2015/1 ... iumatalolo
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:21 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:The Raiders have been poaching the ACC for assistants... first Sal Sunseri from FSU and next is supposedly Louisville's DC Todd Grantham. This helps BC big time as Grantham... the 3rd highest paid assistant coach in all of college football... is excellent and was the reason why Louisville's D was among the best in the country. Further, Sunseri was about the only defensive coach on FSU worth a damn (btw... how has the Noles not fired their terrible DC yet?).

Not so fast... Grantham turned down a 2-year deal from the Raiders in favor of a 4-year deal to stay at Ville for $1.5mm per season. It is insane that Ville pays assistants more than BC does head coaches on money sports.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:24 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:The Raiders have been poaching the ACC for assistants... first Sal Sunseri from FSU and next is supposedly Louisville's DC Todd Grantham. This helps BC big time as Grantham... the 3rd highest paid assistant coach in all of college football... is excellent and was the reason why Louisville's D was among the best in the country. Further, Sunseri was about the only defensive coach on FSU worth a damn (btw... how has the Noles not fired their terrible DC yet?).

Not so fast... Grantham turned down a 2-year deal from the Raiders in favor of a 4-year deal to stay at Ville for $1.5mm per season. It is insane that Ville pays assistants more than BC does head coaches on money sports.

They've got pizza money. Endless mike needs to open up the vaults and share his ESB loot with the Flynn Fund.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:51 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

They've got pizza money. Endless mike needs to open up the vaults and share his ESB loot with the Flynn Fund.

BC is cheap, I didn't know that was a newsflash
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:17 am

As soon as the OSU recruiting class was signed, Stan Drayton announced he was leaving as RB coach to become the RB coach of the Bears. I few of their recruits aren't all too happy about the immediately broken assurances they received.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:37 pm

UMass AD search might lead to former BC AD Gene DeFilippo

https://twitter.com/blauds/status/570334027833483266

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:41 pm

Walsh601 {l Wrote}: