Shea field wristbands question

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Shea field wristbands question

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:07 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:Is slithering house some type of Harry Potter reference I don't get? Where is Rothlisberger when I need him?
PS I've never read any of the Harry Potter books or seen the movies so some millennial nerd will need to fill me in here.

Shut up lying Hansen

Not only has he read the books and seen the movies, he has made teh juice to Emma Watson rupert grint multiple times.

fixed.

lying hansen loves his ginger boy tweens when he's shutting up and not lying

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:13 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
love how they encourage "gold alumni pool donating" then dont realize a problem with limiting the capacity of a place you are encouraging group donating.

i think it's fair to encourage "pool donating" of more that $5 a person. what do you fucking nerds have to donate (as a pool) to get into shea field - $2,000? so $200/couple would get you and your common law partner your passes into the gates and on your way to your assigned parking place if you found 9 other bi-curious couples to make the same donation. i don't think that's too much to ask

yes but what if your friends from the slytherin house wanted to join you for a game?

the cost isnt the problem its limiting the capacity...you have 5 people put in 400 or whatever, they bring 3 people each youre already at your limit

you want to bring more people, you have to pay more money.

sorry millennials, the world isn't free. sometimes, if you want nice things you have to pay for them.

i'm not denying that the limit on guests is mickey mouse but to complain that it hurts group donors more than standard donors is douchy and part of why all other generations hate you and hope the majority of you are killed in a war.

last i checked, there were no limits on how many people could attend a mod tailgate (except for the fence that nerdification built). nice straw man though

i never said it hurt the group donors more than standard donors, what i said is they shouldnt encourage group donorship in an area where they will be limiting capacity. just make group donorship up on upper or something

bitching about millenials and group donorship is stupid. its not as if you wouldnt have done it if the option was afforded to you. if you didnt, youd be stupid

Do you think the Shea field capacity is limitless?

it was prior to bates. not that this has anythign to do with my argument.

What was prior to Bates?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:41 pm

I am bringing my nephew up to BC vs. FSU and stuff like this sucks. I dont mind getting a wristband for me and him, but getting for one for his dad too is just a pain. I am trying to show him how fun BC can be and stuff like this hurts. He may play soccer D1, so I would love him to play at the Heights (not that I would watch him play anyway)

I feel like I should just take him to watch me get drunk at Cityside.
Last edited by DuchesneEast on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:46 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I feel like I should just take him to watch me get drunk at Cityside.

There he can witness the thrill of meeting a former BC starting QB.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:48 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I bringing my nephew up to BC vs. FSU and stuff like this sucks. I dont mind getting a wristband for me and him, but getting for one for his dad too is just a pain. I am trying to show him how fun BC can be and stuff like this hurts. He may play soccer D1, so I would love him to play at the Heights (not that I would watch him play anyway)

I am sure he will be impressed with the education you received at BC.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:02 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I bringing my nephew up to BC vs. FSU and stuff like this sucks. I dont mind getting a wristband for me and him, but getting for one for his dad too is just a pain. I am trying to show him how fun BC can be and stuff like this hurts. He may play soccer D1, so I would love him to play at the Heights (not that I would watch him play anyway)

I am sure he will be impressed with the education you received at BC.

Fixed.

It is not like I screwed up there, they're and their.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:03 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I feel like I should just take him to watch me get drunk at Cityside.

There he can witness the thrill of meeting a former BC starting QB.

I was hoping he could see our next great QB, Troy Flutie.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:10 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I am bringing my nephew up to BC vs. FSU and stuff like this sucks. I dont mind getting a wristband for me and him, but getting for one for his dad too is just a pain. I am trying to show him how fun BC can be and stuff like this hurts. He may play soccer D1, so I would love him to play at the Heights (not that I would watch him play anyway)

I can't help you with Shea passes, but I do suggest you take him through lower campus before you go to Shea. The logistics of getting onto Shea make it take a while for the party to get going, while things heat up pretty quick along Campanella Way and in the mod lot. There will be plenty of nerds close to your nephew's age around and it will be easier to slide him an adult beverage here than on Shea (if you're interested in doing so). I never make a point of going, but when the band and the cheerleaders show up at the base of the Higgins Stairs for the Eagle Walk, it does enhance the game day atmosphere. You may want to give him a glimpse of that, too.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:19 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I am bringing my nephew up to BC vs. FSU and stuff like this sucks. I dont mind getting a wristband for me and him, but getting for one for his dad too is just a pain. I am trying to show him how fun BC can be and stuff like this hurts. He may play soccer D1, so I would love him to play at the Heights (not that I would watch him play anyway)

I can't help you with Shea passes, but I do suggest you take him through lower campus before you go to Shea. The logistics of getting onto Shea make it take a while for the party to get going, while things heat up pretty quick along Campanella Way and in the mod lot. There will be plenty of nerds close to your nephew's age around and it will be easier to slide him an adult beverage here than on Shea (if you're interested in doing so). I never make a point of going, but when the band and the cheerleaders show up at the base of the Higgins Stairs for the Eagle Walk, it does enhance the game day atmosphere. You may want to give him a glimpse of that, too.

is this advice applicable to everyone or is it more of a lbl suggestion? remember, not everyone favors your idea of a perfect woman and her hard 9 inches
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:37 pm

I was going to let him take the campus tour around noon, check in to a hotel and then go to Cityside for a few drinks and then head over. Thats a good call, rather than Shea I can walk him around the long way. No booze for him, only a soph but I guess recruiting starts early for soccer.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:37 pm

is this advice applicable to everyone or is it more of a lbl suggestion? remember, not everyone favors your idea of a perfect woman and her hard 9 inches

If you want my LBL suggestions, ask hansen. He'll lie and say he doesn't know what you're talking about, but I assure you I PM'd them to him per his request.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:30 pm

If you want my LBL suggestions, ask hansen. He'll lie and say he doesn't know what you're talking about, but I assure you I PM'd them to him per his request.

lying hansen is such a liar i bet he wasn't even in japan. he was just working as a bus boy in his local hibachi restaurant.

stupid lying hansen
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:11 pm

best thread in sometime.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:16 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:Is slithering house some type of Harry Potter reference I don't get? Where is Rothlisberger when I need him?
PS I've never read any of the Harry Potter books or seen the movies so some millennial nerd will need to fill me in here.

Shut up lying Hansen

Lol, I'm serious. I've never seen those movies or read the books. I've also never seen Jurassic park or titanic fwiw.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:29 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Shut up lying Hansen

Lol, I'm serious. I've never seen those movies or read the books. I've also never seen Jurassic park or titanic fwiw.

i think we need to hook lying hansen up to a lie detector seinfeld/melrose place style. that will reveal all the lying lies that he's lying about
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:34 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Shut up lying Hansen

I have seen the 1st Harry Potter and JP, they were bad. I have not seen Titanic or Jerry Maguire. I have not read any of the books.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:22 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Shut up lying Hansen

I have seen the 1st Harry Potter and JP, they were bad. I have not seen Titanic or Jerry Maguire. I have not read any of the books.

I have seen Jerry Maguire though.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:31 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Shut up lying Hansen

I have seen Jerry Maguire though.

i'm sure you saw days of thunder and claim it was jerry maguire.

liar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:54 pm

Days of Thunder is underrated.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:57 pm

Bitch ass hansen probably gonna claim he never seen The Notebook next...

bitch ass
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:31 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Days of Thunder is underrated.

i typically refer to it as "top car" and agree that it is underrated but still qualifies squarely in the middle of "good"

the original (top gun) was excellent. the sequel (top car) was good. the trilogy (the firm or "top lawyer") was horrendous
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:40 pm

Rubbin' is racin'.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:47 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Rubbin' is racin'.

that's actually one of the gayer lines when taken out of context. after bitching about some dude banging into him his coach tells him to get used to getting banged by dudes because "rubbin is racin"
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Rubbin' is racin'.

that's actually one of the gayer lines when taken out of context. after bitching about some dude banging into him his coach tells him to get used to getting banged by dudes because "rubbin is racin"

Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:35 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Days of Thunder is underrated.

i typically refer to it as "top car" and agree that it is underrated but still qualifies squarely in the middle of "good"

the original (top gun) was excellent. the sequel (top car) was good. the trilogy (the firm or "top lawyer") was horrendous

I've seen top gun and top lawyer but not top car.

P.s. And for bummer, I have seen the notebook once ... It's amazing what a man will endure for some strange.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:54 pm

??? BC is not offering tours the day of the FSU game, so I am going to give a tour myself. Do you still need ID to get into Bapst?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:21 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:??? BC is not offering tours the day of the FSU game, so I am going to give a tour myself. Do you still need ID to get into Bapst?

No. You only need an ID to access the libraries during finals week.

FYI, they lock Merkert on gamedays and you need to swipe an ID to open the door. This is the only academic building they do this for and I don't know why. If your nephew is that interested in seeing the chemistry facilities, wait around and you will eventually find some nerd to piggyback off of.

Also, the Yawkey Center is closed on gamedays.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:22 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:??? BC is not offering tours the day of the FSU game, so I am going to give a tour myself. Do you still need ID to get into Bapst?

No. You only need an ID to access the libraries during finals week.

FYI, they lock Merkert on gamedays and you need to swipe an ID to open the door. This is the only academic building they do this for and I don't know why. If your nephew is that interested in seeing the chemistry facilities, wait around and you will eventually find some nerd to piggyback off of.

Also, the Yawkey Center is closed on gamedays.

Thank you for the detailed answer, especially since it was good news.

Bapst and Gasson were the only building I was going to go in, I was thinking just a quick walk around in the afternoon. Hopefully its a skirt day.

He is not a nerd so I we are not visiting any damn science building.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:03 pm

FYI, they lock Merkert on gamedays and you need to swipe an ID to open the door. This is the only academic building they do this for and I don't know why

it offered the nicest pooping facilities in the entire tailgating area. you now have to hike quite a ways to enjoy a beer and bratwurst fueled evacuation on gameday mornings.

this is based on me guessing and no factual information whatsoever
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby mod6A on Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:17 pm

FYI, they lock Merkert on gamedays and you need to swipe an ID to open the door. This is the only academic building they do this for and I don't know why

it offered the nicest pooping facilities in the entire tailgating area. you now have to hike quite a ways to enjoy a beer and bratwurst fueled evacuation on gameday mornings.

this is based on me guessing and no factual information whatsoever

this. also they have chemicals in there.

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium