SHOCK THE WORLD GAMEDAY THREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: SHOCK THE WORLD GAMEDAY THREAD

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:54 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I was pissed after the game. BC played well, but they should have won. I agree that things are worlds better than they were 2 years ago, and now I go into every game believing BC can win. But BC made plenty of mistakes yesterday that cost them the game, and I'm not just talking about the missed FG. You can appreciate how far the team has come and still feel ripshit that this one slipped between their fingers.

If Daz can get this close with the Spaz reject talent level he has. I'm very interested to see what he can do with a bunch of his own players.

You can beat Don Brown up all you want, but BC's secondary gets killed because the talent level sucks against big time D1 receivers.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:13 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:We are heading out of Tallahassee and it is still raining. I don't know if you could tell on tv how absolutely miserably wet this game was....it was a great effort by the team and they left everything on the field. At the angle we were sitting, our fans thought Howell's kick was good until the refs made their no good signal. All the kickers had a tough job with the conditions yesterday. Sucks to lose and I am disappointed, but they gave them a big scare. I can't wait to see our team in a couple years! BC football is exciting again! :angrychicken

Bullshit. Only a BC chick likes a fucking choke job

Don't feel bad Sweet Dee... he said the same thing about BC guys.

By the way, did teddy really say that? I did t see it in the deleted posts log and I'm really hoping it's just mo'j trolling teddy.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:21 pm

yurch10 {l Wrote}:Long time reader, infrequent poster. Just breezed through this thread and felt compelled to mention how much of a loser twballgame is as a poster/most likely in real life. Unreal.

Good game by BC, and if Bordner had thrown the ball earlier with some more zip it would have been an easy completion. Happy to see BC moving in the right direction, at least in football...

You should see his definition of a WTF loss.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:51 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:don't know how in the world you can criticize the defense or don brown...held them to the least amount of points since jameis has been there.

you're just trolling at this point if you hate on the defense for that performance.

They didn't score because they weren't on the field because the offense was burning the clock. The defense stopped them twice... TWICE. They scored on every other possession except for the INT that bounced off their receiver's hands and the missed 40-yard FG. The defense in no stretch of the imagination had a good game. We played "you can score at will but we won't let you do it in 3 plays" like we did at the end of Spaz's career. Bottom line is that when we needed the D... when FSU had the ball at the 25 with 3:30 to play... they went prevent.

FSU had the ball 4 times in the 2nd half: 2 punts, 1 missed FG, 1 FG.

Don't let facts get in the way

Those facts ARE the point. The reason for them having a season low score was because they only had the ball 4 times in the second half. Their O couldn't score at will because they didn't have the ball. That was the plan... and it worked. But, we had to have that as a plan because the D couldn't stop them.

Again... like Clemson and CSU this year and Cuse last year (you can also throw in Clem last year when BC went up 14-10 at the end of the 3rd only to immediately surrender the lead)... when the game is on the line... when we need a stop the most... that's exactly when Don Brown's Ds have been at their worst. BC's O kept them in that game, and when they needed the D to pickup for a missed FG, it did just the opposite. It is a very troubling trend.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:03 pm

id love to hear your take on the defense had it let up 4 touchdowns on those 4 drives.

if they don't make stops during the 3rd and 4th, the final drive doesn't matter at all so i don't really see your point
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:22 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:don't know how in the world you can criticize the defense or don brown...held them to the least amount of points since jameis has been there.

you're just trolling at this point if you hate on the defense for that performance.

They didn't score because they weren't on the field because the offense was burning the clock. The defense stopped them twice... TWICE. They scored on every other possession except for the INT that bounced off their receiver's hands and the missed 40-yard FG. The defense in no stretch of the imagination had a good game. We played "you can score at will but we won't let you do it in 3 plays" like we did at the end of Spaz's career. Bottom line is that when we needed the D... when FSU had the ball at the 25 with 3:30 to play... they went prevent.

FSU had the ball 4 times in the 2nd half: 2 punts, 1 missed FG, 1 FG.

Don't let facts get in the way

Those facts ARE the point. The reason for them having a season low score was because they only had the ball 4 times in the second half. Their O couldn't score at will because they didn't have the ball. That was the plan... and it worked. But, we had to have that as a plan because the D couldn't stop them.

Again... like Clemson and CSU this year and Cuse last year (you can also throw in Clem last year when BC went up 14-10 at the end of the 3rd only to immediately surrender the lead)... when the game is on the line... when we need a stop the most... that's exactly when Don Brown's Ds have been at their worst. BC's O kept them in that game, and when they needed the D to pickup for a missed FG, it did just the opposite. It is a very troubling trend.

I get where you're coming from but you also have to take into account the fact that many of our defensive players, particularly in the secondary, should be playing in the MAC at best. Most of the guys we have who do have legitimate ACC talent are freshmen and sophomores. Unfortunately there's no way to wash the stink of Spaz and Gene off of this program overnight, and it will linger around for a longer time in some areas than it will in others.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:32 pm

yurch10 {l Wrote}:Long time reader, infrequent poster. Just breezed through this thread and felt compelled to mention how much of a loser twballgame is as a poster/most likely in real life. Unreal.

Do you mind taking a minute to tell us what you think of some other people around here?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:42 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

Do you mind taking a minute to tell us what you think of some other people around here?

Foot, not sure why you're a ballgame ball washer. He's an argumentative asshole who makes the board unreadable at times.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:26 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Foot, not sure why you're a ballgame ball washer. He's an argumentative asshole who makes the board unreadable at times.

Wow, do I have that rep already? I admit that I have agreed with him on things more often than usual, lately, but I didn't think he had reached washee status, yet.

My question for yurch was sincere, I think it would be funny to hear a lurker's take on the regulars.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:31 pm

If he won't answer, I'd be glad to
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:57 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Wow, do I have that rep already? I admit that I have agreed with him on things more often than usual, lately, but I didn't think he had reached washee status, yet.

My question for yurch was sincere, I think it would be funny to hear a lurker's take on the regulars.

My bad. I misinterpreted your tone.

On a separate note, when will Mike Patrick retire? He's bad. But I actually think Ed Cunningham does a decent job with the analysis.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby talon on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:06 pm

Mike Patrick should have been put down Old Yeller style 30 seconds after talking about Britney Spears.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:01 pm

Talent and depth have plagued the defense the last 2 years. Wilkins would be a huge pickup. It's goingto take a couple more years to build a championship defense, but Brown is getting everything he can from the talent he has to work with, not to forget the injuries and one dismissal.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:11 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:We are heading out of Tallahassee and it is still raining. I don't know if you could tell on tv how absolutely miserably wet this game was....it was a great effort by the team and they left everything on the field. At the angle we were sitting, our fans thought Howell's kick was good until the refs made their no good signal. All the kickers had a tough job with the conditions yesterday. Sucks to lose and I am disappointed, but they gave them a big scare. I can't wait to see our team in a couple years! BC football is exciting again! :angrychicken

By the way, did teddy really say that? I did t see it in the deleted posts log and I'm really hoping it's just mo'j trolling teddy.

There's a deleted posts log?

SHOW US THE CHATLOGS COWARDS!! :dildodog
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:41 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Attachments
moderator logs.png
moderator logs.png (49.71 KiB) Viewed 10074 times
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:44 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I'm not losing any sleep over it.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle216 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:02 pm

I was just cleaning up my DVR and stopped to replay the Bordner pass play a few times (the one during the last drive). A couple of observations I did not notice initially, and that I don't believe have been discussed on this content-driven site.

1) Even if Murphy "catches" the pass, it almost certainly is dislodged by the second FSU tackler. Murphy high-points the ball (thanks Mike Mayock), and the ball bounces off his hands. But the second tackler comes in with his arms and shoulder and absolutely would have blown it up had Murphy secured the ball and attempted to bring it down. I just don't see how he would retain possession - and no, it would never have been ruled a catch and fumble.

2) Bordner had a receiver (or back) open on a post. He may have had to pump fake to Murphy to make it work, though. They ran someone (couldn't catch the number) on a post to try to occupy the safety. The safety made a nice read and went to the corner very quickly, leaving the post wide open. Its hard to say if the safety committed only after seeing Bordner turn and start his throwing motion towards Murphy, or whether he just went there independent of Bordner. Nonetheless, when that play is taught, I am fairly certain that Bordner is told to either throw it to Murphy or tuck in run. He probably is not instructed to work progressions. But had he looked off Murphy, he had a much better option on the post, and an absolute pitch and catch if he had the instinct to pump fake Murphy. He certainly had the time.

3) The last successful running play prior to the Bordner pass - I had no idea, live, how close that was to 6. A lesser talent than the FSU DB there, and Outlow probably takes that to the house.

4) Watching that last drive 2 weeks later, it seems more like a good call (the Bordner pass) now. They stuffed the 1st down run, and I just think with the shortened field, we needed to do something at that point other than run it. Maybe not a trick play, but a pass was absolutely the correct call. As far as trick plays, maybe a flea flicker with Alston on a wheel route, and someone else on a post, but who knows if that is even in the playbook.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:06 pm

eagle216 {l Wrote}:I was just cleaning up my DVR and stopped to replay the Bordner pass play a few times (the one during the last drive). A couple of observations I did not notice initially, and that I don't believe have been discussed on this content-driven site.

1) Even if Murphy "catches" the pass, it almost certainly is dislodged by the second FSU tackler. Murphy high-points the ball (thanks Mike Mayock), and the ball bounces off his hands. But the second tackler comes in with his arms and shoulder and absolutely would have blown it up had Murphy secured the ball and attempted to bring it down. I just don't see how he would retain possession - and no, it would never have been ruled a catch and fumble.

2) Bordner had a receiver (or back) open on a post. He may have had to pump fake to Murphy to make it work, though. They ran someone (couldn't catch the number) on a post to try to occupy the safety. The safety made a nice read and went to the corner very quickly, leaving the post wide open. Its hard to say if the safety committed only after seeing Bordner turn and start his throwing motion towards Murphy, or whether he just went there independent of Bordner. Nonetheless, when that play is taught, I am fairly certain that Bordner is told to either throw it to Murphy or tuck in run. He probably is not instructed to work progressions. But had he looked off Murphy, he had a much better option on the post, and an absolute pitch and catch if he had the instinct to pump fake Murphy. He certainly had the time.

3) The last successful running play prior to the Bordner pass - I had no idea, live, how close that was to 6. A lesser talent than the FSU DB there, and Outlow probably takes that to the house.

4) Watching that last drive 2 weeks later, it seems more like a good call (the Bordner pass) now. They stuffed the 1st down run, and I just think with the shortened field, we needed to do something at that point other than run it. Maybe not a trick play, but a pass was absolutely the correct call. As far as trick plays, maybe a flea flicker with Alston on a wheel route, and someone else on a post, but who knows if that is even in the playbook.

People forget that we had several drives that game where it looked like the run game was rolling and we were going to cruise to the end zone, only to stall short of the red zone. There was 0% guarantee that the success of the run in that drive was going to continue all the way to 7 points. A pass was a good call. A Bordner pass is questionable, but the play was there. No regrets.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:27 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:I was just cleaning up my DVR and stopped to replay the Bordner pass play a few times (the one during the last drive). A couple of observations I did not notice initially, and that I don't believe have been discussed on this content-driven site.

People forget that we had several drives that game where it looked like the run game was rolling and we were going to cruise to the end zone, only to stall short of the red zone. There was 0% guarantee that the success of the run in that drive was going to continue all the way to 7 points. A pass was a good call. A Bordner pass is questionable, but the play was there. No regrets.

The play was definitely drawn up for Murphy and no one else. I remember right before the snap to Bordner, it looked like Murphy was walking toward the sideline to get a signal or was trying to communicate something to the line. And then, they quickly snapped and he took off on his route. In retrospect, it was a little gimmick to get the FSU D to lay back and to try to catch them off guard when Bordner called the snap.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:35 pm

eagle216 {l Wrote}:2) Bordner had a receiver (or back) open on a post. He may have had to pump fake to Murphy to make it work, though. They ran someone (couldn't catch the number) on a post to try to occupy the safety. The safety made a nice read and went to the corner very quickly, leaving the post wide open. Its hard to say if the safety committed only after seeing Bordner turn and start his throwing motion towards Murphy, or whether he just went there independent of Bordner.

Considering Bordner's throwing motion makes Tebow's look compact, I would say that the safety probably committed after seeing Bordner start his throwing motion.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium