SHOCK THE WORLD GAMEDAY THREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: SHOCK THE WORLD GAMEDAY THREAD

Postby LawyersGunsnMoney on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:30 pm

Whole lotta drunk in this thread. I like it. :chewbanka :chewbanka
LawyersGunsnMoney
McGuinn Hall

Postby talon on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:42 pm

http://www.foxsports.com/college-footba ... -bc-112214

Shameis on Jameis.

Yes, I'm fully aware that the defending national champion, Heisman Trophy winning quarterback led No. 3 Florida State to another comeback win Saturday, pulling out a not-so-pretty 20-17 win over Boston College.

What also wasn't pretty was what Jameis Winston did to an official in the second half.

Here was the situation: Florida State had the ball, second-and-4 from the Boston College 47-yard line with 5:18 left in the third quarter. The score was tied at 17.

After the first-down play, the Seminoles made a substitution so the defense had the right to substitute as well, even in a hurry-up offense. The center judge, Michael Webster, was doing his job, standing behind the center putting his hand on Winston to keep him from snapping the ball. Winston came to the line of scrimmage and literally pushed Webster twice in an attempt to snap the ball. He did snap the ball, by the way, and completed a 7-yard pass to Dalvin Cook.

I've looked at this play several times, and in my opinion, Winston should have been penalized for shoving Webster not once, but twice. In fact, I feel he should have been ejected.

Contact with an official can clearly lead to an ejection. Webster was doing his job, which was to hold the snap until the referee cleared him in this situation. Winston clearly pushes him out of the way so he can get the snap off.

That's a foul, folks.

The announcers laughed and called what Winston did priceless.

However, I think Winston should have paid the price for a foul and should have been ejected.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:49 pm

Nice to see TWB has his drunk rants still in him, I was afraid that went the way of the oracle of Fort Worth

This loss sucked

Not in love with the play call either because of the elements / situation but it was there.

In 6 weeks after the bowl game we can talk about these close games and what that means for this program but right now it sucks

Also fuck FSU, fuck famous rapist, fuck that woman beater who scored the first TD & fuck o'leary who ended mehdi's career last year with a blindside cheap shot
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:52 pm

talon {l Wrote}:http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/jameis-winston-shoves-official-not-penalized-ejected-florida-state-seminoles-bc-112214

Shameis on Jameis.

Yes, I'm fully aware that the defending national champion, Heisman Trophy winning quarterback led No. 3 Florida State to another comeback win Saturday, pulling out a not-so-pretty 20-17 win over Boston College.

What also wasn't pretty was what Jameis Winston did to an official in the second half.

Here was the situation: Florida State had the ball, second-and-4 from the Boston College 47-yard line with 5:18 left in the third quarter. The score was tied at 17.

After the first-down play, the Seminoles made a substitution so the defense had the right to substitute as well, even in a hurry-up offense. The center judge, Michael Webster, was doing his job, standing behind the center putting his hand on Winston to keep him from snapping the ball. Winston came to the line of scrimmage and literally pushed Webster twice in an attempt to snap the ball. He did snap the ball, by the way, and completed a 7-yard pass to Dalvin Cook.

I've looked at this play several times, and in my opinion, Winston should have been penalized for shoving Webster not once, but twice. In fact, I feel he should have been ejected.

Contact with an official can clearly lead to an ejection. Webster was doing his job, which was to hold the snap until the referee cleared him in this situation. Winston clearly pushes him out of the way so he can get the snap off.

That's a foul, folks.

The announcers laughed and called what Winston did priceless.

However, I think Winston should have paid the price for a foul and should have been ejected.

Enter Jack Swoffuckford
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:03 pm

BTW, Howell is a very good punter. He shouldn't kick FGs
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby SJeagle09 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:43 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:This loss was heartbreakingly terrible. Could have easily been a win or at least a tie. But I consider it serendipitous that when I went to the liquor store tonight the owner stopped me and talked about how his dad was on the holy cross team that beat BC the nigh of Coconut Grove. He literally asked me "do you know about Coconut Grove?" Before launching into his story.

I wanted to win. We 100% should have won that game. I'm trying to find silver lining and the silver lining is that we played the #3 team closer than any team has played another #3 team this year.

Go Eagles. Fuck Jameis, Fuck Jimbo, Fuck the Noles, and Fuck Bama.

A tie?
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:48 pm

I hate to keep hating on the kid but you do not put the game in Bordners hands.

THAT is why the trick play didn't work. Surprised that the execution wasn't there? Or even bothering to mention that? Or course it wasn't fucking there.
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:50 pm

btw thrilled to see the shovel pass called for sherm instead of bordner

maybe day reads this board :shrug
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:08 pm

Rapeis attempting to shove the ref out of the way so he could run the play absolutely should have been a personal foul. The only reason they didn't call it is because everyone knows he's fucking retarded and he was playing at home.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:03 am

Just getting back after listening to most of the 2nd half on the radio. Apologies if this is answered someone in the thread.

Did Knoll get hurt between kicking the final extra point and the time they trotted Alex Howell to miss yet another kick? Knoll knocks down a 40 yarder and those 3 extra yards were so daunting on our 43-yard try that we went back to a kicker that can't even kick extra points? I don't really understand. Did Daz address this in his presser? 40 was ok for Knoll to try but not 43?
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby branchinator on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:21 am

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:Just getting back after listening to most of the 2nd half on the radio. Apologies if this is answered someone in the thread.

Did Knoll get hurt between kicking the final extra point and the time they trotted Alex Howell to miss yet another kick? Knoll knocks down a 40 yarder and those 3 extra yards were so daunting on our 43-yard try that we went back to a kicker that can't even kick extra points? I don't really understand. Did Daz address this in his presser? 40 was ok for Knoll to try but not 43?

They use Knoll and Howell based on the hash mark. Yes, we are that pathetic of a program.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:07 am

branchinator {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:Just getting back after listening to most of the 2nd half on the radio. Apologies if this is answered someone in the thread.

They use Knoll and Howell based on the hash mark. Yes, we are that pathetic of a program.

Who cares? Neither should have been out their. It was a nice kick by Howell who barely missed (let's note the best kicker in the game missed a similar kick from 3 yards closer going into the same end zone). Even if he split the uprights, what the fuck would that have done??? There was still 4:30 left and we still had Don Brown as our DC.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:10 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Nice to see TWB has his drunk rants still in him, I was afraid that went the way of the oracle of Fort Worth

This loss sucked

Not in love with the play call either because of the elements / situation but it was there.

In 6 weeks after the bowl game we can talk about these close games and what that means for this program but right now it sucks

Also fuck FSU, fuck famous rapist, fuck that woman beater who scored the first TD & fuck o'leary who ended mehdi's career last year with a blindside cheap shot

I think the coaching staff knew we need to throw to have a chance to win after a small gain on first. With our WRs, they decide to let the best athlete on our team have a chance to make the catch and win the game. Unfortunately, for us our best athlete is Murphy which means someone else has got to throw the ball to him which doesn't leave many options without making the play too obvious. Murphy soared above the two defenders and got both hands on the ball... Unfortunately, it looked slick and as a result he couldn't bring it down.

No one is happy to lose. But our guys (especially the offense) balled out against a team with way more talent, depth, speed, etc. we almost knocked off our 2nd top 10 team this season (USC) two years after being a 2 win team under Coach Sadface. How anyone can be upset with our effort and the coaching is beyond me. And comparing this team to a TOB coached team? A guy who won Practically zero big games. We went 1-1 this year against top ten teams despite being Unranked. It took him years to get us to 8-4 whereas Daz has us one win away from 7-5. For this reason, Daz will be a candidate for UF job. I really hope he stays and finishes what he has started.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:18 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Nice effort. Another feel good almost woulda coulda game. At some point Dad has to win these otherwise he's TOB with a stache.

Forgot about USC already? Sheesh.

TOB won a few big ones too, but FSU, CSU, and Clemson resonate.

Absolutely they resonate, but it also took him several years to win any game of consequence. Trying to compare Daz and TOB tells me a lot about your football IQ.

Perspective might be a bit necessary here. Just sayin.

I'm not really comparing them. I never expected BC to be where they are 2 years after the shit show that was Spaz. It feels good to root for a competitive BC team again. I'm just hoping that Daz can take the team to a new level. Win the close games. Beat higher ranked teams. If they never do, then BC could very well be comparable to the type of team they were under TOB. Competitive, "others receiving votes," meaningless bowl participant-type team. Albeit lead by coaches with very different personalities.

We need to get back to TOB level first (and we're very close to being there) and spend a couple years there before we can pass judgment on whether Daz can take us to Jags level and beyond. Worst case, Daz rebuilds the program much as TOB did and lets someone else take the team to the next level.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby branchinator on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:34 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:

Who cares? Neither should have been out their. It was a nice kick by Howell who barely missed (let's note the best kicker in the game missed a similar kick from 3 yards closer going into the same end zone). Even if he split the uprights, what the fuck would that have done??? There was still 4:30 left and we still had Don Brown as our DC.

Umm, I wasn't commenting on the decision to kick. But the hash mark thing is real. I knew whoever got sent out there was going to chunk it because Nate Freese was the only good kicker we'll ever be allowed to have apparently.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BCdee on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:50 am

We are heading out of Tallahassee and it is still raining. I don't know if you could tell on tv how absolutely miserably wet this game was....it was a great effort by the team and they left everything on the field. At the angle we were sitting, our fans thought Howell's kick was good until the refs made their no good signal. All the kickers had a tough job with the conditions yesterday. Sucks to lose and I am disappointed, but they gave them a big scare. I can't wait to see our team in a couple years! BC football is exciting again! :angrychicken
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:30 am

talon {l Wrote}:How different are the ref shoving rules between NFL and NCAA?

Bullshit how Kuechly got ejected for not knowing the guy he barely touched behind him was a ref, yet Rapeis blatantly shoves a ref and gets away with it.

Crazy no call http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... -malicious
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:30 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Rapeis attempting to shove the ref out of the way so he could run the play absolutely should have been a personal foul. The only reason they didn't call it is because everyone knows he's fucking retarded and he was playing at home.

there is no way with 6 MM on the line, swoffuxkford is having one of his minions call that
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:40 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:We are heading out of Tallahassee and it is still raining. I don't know if you could tell on tv how absolutely miserably wet this game was....it was a great effort by the team and they left everything on the field. At the angle we were sitting, our fans thought Howell's kick was good until the refs made their no good signal. All the kickers had a tough job with the conditions yesterday. Sucks to lose and I am disappointed, but they gave them a big scare. I can't wait to see our team in a couple years! BC football is exciting again! :angrychicken

Bullshit. Only a BC chick likes a fucking choke job

Don't feel bad Sweet Dee... he said the same thing about BC guys.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:26 am

So if I don't think the coaches are the worst ever, that means I'm happy with a loss?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:16 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Rapeis attempting to shove the ref out of the way so he could run the play absolutely should have been a personal foul. The only reason they didn't call it is because everyone knows he's fucking retarded and he was playing at home.

there is no way with 6 MM on the line, swoffuxkford is having one of his minions call that

Agreed, but I still think it should have been 15 yards. I don't think it warranted ejection, but it did warrant 15 yards.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:22 am

I was pissed after the game. BC played well, but they should have won. I agree that things are worlds better than they were 2 years ago, and now I go into every game believing BC can win. But BC made plenty of mistakes yesterday that cost them the game, and I'm not just talking about the missed FG. You can appreciate how far the team has come and still feel ripshit that this one slipped between their fingers.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:30 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I was pissed after the game. BC played well, but they should have won. I agree that things are worlds better than they were 2 years ago, and now I go into every game believing BC can win. But BC made plenty of mistakes yesterday that cost them the game, and I'm not just talking about the missed FG. You can appreciate how far the team has come and still feel ripshit that this one slipped between their fingers.

Oh come on, that's entirely reasonable. You're a semi-fan if you don't Daz fired.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:12 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I was pissed after the game. BC played well, but they should have won. I agree that things are worlds better than they were 2 years ago, and now I go into every game believing BC can win. But BC made plenty of mistakes yesterday that cost them the game, and I'm not just talking about the missed FG. You can appreciate how far the team has come and still feel ripshit that this one slipped between their fingers.

this. they showed me EXACTLY what i wanted to see yesterday.

we can argue till braylon edwards is better than randy moss about that bordner call (and i still stand by it being an awful play call given that situation)...but it was the RIGHT IDEA. THE RIGHT MENTALITY.

when we go 14-0 and win every game 51-0 some of you will complain that we didn't win every game 52-0. jesus christ.

and no, this doesn't mean i was satisfied with the loss. this one hurt more than any game in the daz tenure. I'm sorry for appreciating that going from losing to army to being a top 15 team takes time.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:24 am

On the bright side, we won't get kicked out of the ACC now
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:34 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:don't know how in the world you can criticize the defense or don brown...held them to the least amount of points since jameis has been there.

you're just trolling at this point if you hate on the defense for that performance.

They didn't score because they weren't on the field because the offense was burning the clock. The defense stopped them twice... TWICE. They scored on every other possession except for the INT that bounced off their receiver's hands and the missed 40-yard FG. The defense in no stretch of the imagination had a good game. We played "you can score at will but we won't let you do it in 3 plays" like we did at the end of Spaz's career. Bottom line is that when we needed the D... when FSU had the ball at the 25 with 3:30 to play... they went prevent.

FSU had the ball 4 times in the 2nd half: 2 punts, 1 missed FG, 1 FG.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:43 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:don't know how in the world you can criticize the defense or don brown...held them to the least amount of points since jameis has been there.

you're just trolling at this point if you hate on the defense for that performance.

They didn't score because they weren't on the field because the offense was burning the clock. The defense stopped them twice... TWICE. They scored on every other possession except for the INT that bounced off their receiver's hands and the missed 40-yard FG. The defense in no stretch of the imagination had a good game. We played "you can score at will but we won't let you do it in 3 plays" like we did at the end of Spaz's career. Bottom line is that when we needed the D... when FSU had the ball at the 25 with 3:30 to play... they went prevent.

FSU had the ball 4 times in the 2nd half: 2 punts, 1 missed FG, 1 FG.

Don't let facts get in the way
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby mod6A on Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:17 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:On the bright side, we won't get kicked out of the ACC now

we need to get that in writing.

:slapfight :blah :bored :slapfight

sad we lost/happy the direction the program is headed.

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby talon on Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:43 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Agreed, but I still think it should have been 15 yards. I don't think it warranted ejection, but it did warrant 15 yards.

I believe that if the ref throws a flag, Rapeis has to be ejected. Once the flag is thrown for illegally touching an official, ejection or no ejection is not up to the official, it has to happen. There is no middle ground between throwing a flag and tossing Rapeis and ignoring the penalty and pretending nothing happened.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby yurch10 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:48 pm

Long time reader, infrequent poster. Just breezed through this thread and felt compelled to mention how much of a loser twballgame is as a poster/most likely in real life. Unreal.

Good game by BC, and if Bordner had thrown the ball earlier with some more zip it would have been an easy completion. Happy to see BC moving in the right direction, at least in football...
yurch10
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium