Indoor Practice Facility

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby HJS on Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:03 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:In a way it will be funny when following Addazio leaving:

Temple gets an on campus stadium that is nicer than alumni built before we get an indoor facility built;
Temple improves its indoor facility, which is probably already nicer than whatever we eventually build;
Temple becomes a top 25 team;
Temple goes to a New Years day bowl game.

So you are saying Temple's administration and BOT are more committed to their program than Fr. Leahy and Marineagle?

No, I'm saying that after Addazio builds a solid foundation and moves on to a larger program, we will finally reap the rewards of his tenure. Then Bates will fire our Matt Rhule for interviewing with the Jets.

Addazio would leave after the end of this season if he finds another P5 job that pays similar money. He is not going to wait until he builds a solid foundation.

where the hell is he going with the solid performance he's put forth this year. his warts now have spotlights on them for athletic directors all over the country. the sarge will be here as long as we'll let him because he won't have any other choices

Agreed no one would ever hire Addazio directly coming off a losing season.
http://www.owlsports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=160
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:08 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:In a way it will be funny when following Addazio leaving:

Temple gets an on campus stadium that is nicer than alumni built before we get an indoor facility built;
Temple improves its indoor facility, which is probably already nicer than whatever we eventually build;
Temple becomes a top 25 team;
Temple goes to a New Years day bowl game.

So you are saying Temple's administration and BOT are more committed to their program than Fr. Leahy and Marineagle?

No, I'm saying that after Addazio builds a solid foundation and moves on to a larger program, we will finally reap the rewards of his tenure. Then Bates will fire our Matt Rhule for interviewing with the Jets.

Addazio would leave after the end of this season if he finds another P5 job that pays similar money. He is not going to wait until he builds a solid foundation.

where the hell is he going with the solid performance he's put forth this year. his warts now have spotlights on them for athletic directors all over the country. the sarge will be here as long as we'll let him because he won't have any other choices

Agreed no one would ever hire Addazio directly coming off a losing season.
http://www.owlsports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=160

that wasn't his fault - that was him being stuck with al golden's recruits.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:21 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I read something on here about Asspaziano being offered a P5 job, and it reminded me of Shinskie leaving early for the draft.

At least the Bradster didn't sign him to a long term deal after year 2.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:03 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I read something on here about Asspaziano being offered a P5 job, and it reminded me of Shinskie leaving early for the draft.

Even if he left, 95% of coaches out there are awful just the same. Some have overwhelming talent which makes them look less stupid
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:16 pm

As many start to realize that BC's problems are much more than what an Athletic Director is doing and requires a major change from Leahy down, Ill update this thread with some facility updates to show what a joke Boston College is becoming considering the types of schools that realize what an investment in athletics mean ...

1) A rumored future opponent, Purdue, just received Board approval to implement their $60mm facility upgrade
http://www.hammerandrails.com/2015/10/21/9583240/purdue-announces-60-million-upgrade-to-football-facilities

2) Non football related, but Providence College of all places, announced $30mm in upgrades to their main athletic building including a new basketball facility (the fact that a small, private, catholic, basketball only school is able to get something like this off the ground may be the biggest indictment against BC's athletic administration to date)
http://www.providence.edu/alumni/support/Pages/ruane-fdc.aspx

BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:42 pm

Dartmouth's web page states they have spent over $100 million on athletic and recreational facilities since 2000.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:10 pm

Leahy is such a bad fit at BC for not only athletics but his social conservatism makes BC look like Liberty University!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:19 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Leahy is such a bad fit at BC for not only athletics but his social conservatism makes BC look like Liberty University!

You do realize BC is a Jesuit University correct? So them not jumping up and down about abortion and gay marriage shouldn't shock you
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:35 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Leahy is such a bad fit at BC for not only athletics but his social conservatism makes BC look like Liberty University!

You do realize BC is a Jesuit University correct? So them not jumping up and down about abortion and gay marriage shouldn't shock you

eaglecorners is tragically dumb.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:38 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

but i would guess his phallus is full sized
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:39 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

but i would guess his phallus is full sized

hard to say, he may have seen a doctor to fill in the corners
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby 31southst on Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:02 pm

Someone on EA is saying facility for fall of 2017. No idea on the validity of this claim, although I find it unlikely.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:08 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:Someone on EA is saying facility for fall of 2017. No idea on the validity of this claim, although I find it unlikely.

The idea of something being built in Boston in less than 2 years without it being started already is unfathomable.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:16 pm

Putting up skycrapapers around here in a matter of months. But point taken.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:36 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:Someone on EA is saying facility for fall of 2017. No idea on the validity of this claim, although I find it unlikely.

The idea of something being built in Boston in less than 2 years without it being started already is unfathomable.

Not only not being started, not even announced yet
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eagletx on Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:45 pm

Make the thread worth reading by including how each of these are funded. Both Purdue and Providence have rich benefactors, that are supplying their riches to get these project built. I'm sure that Leahy wouldn't tell a BC benefactor samaritan willing to plunk down $50 M for an indoor practice facility that wouldn't be acceptable. So this popular diatribe about Leahy being the root of all evil is silly shit.

If and when a benefactor or two comes forward to get it done, it gets done. Period. Until then, you can pretend that there is some higher level conspiracy. Yes, maybe Leahy has a million and one other priorities before any sports related project, and he may actively lobby those projects to those who have money. But when Mr. Moneybags says this is where I want my $$ to go, that's where it will go.

Simply put, BC people are not willing to plunk down large sums in large numbers to support of athletics. Period. Simply look at the small numbers of people who contribute on a regular basis to the FF. It will take one or two guys to finance the bulk of the project, or it ain't happening.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby mod6A on Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:46 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Not only not being started, not even announced yet

didn't you see his post? it was announced on EA.

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:57 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:Make the thread worth reading by including how each of these are funded. Both Purdue and Providence have rich benefactors, that are supplying their riches to get these project built. I'm sure that Leahy wouldn't tell a BC benefactor samaritan willing to plunk down $50 M for an indoor practice facility that wouldn't be acceptable. So this popular diatribe about Leahy being the root of all evil is silly shit.

If and when a benefactor or two comes forward to get it done, it gets done. Period. Until then, you can pretend that there is some higher level conspiracy. Yes, maybe Leahy has a million and one other priorities before any sports related project, and he may actively lobby those projects to those who have money. But when Mr. Moneybags says this is where I want my $$ to go, that's where it will go.

Simply put, BC people are not willing to plunk down large sums in large numbers to support of athletics. Period. Simply look at the small numbers of people who contribute on a regular basis to the FF. It will take one or two guys to finance the bulk of the project, or it ain't happening.

I get that sports will never be the tail that wags the dog at BC, but athletics is the only part of the Light The World campaign that has exceeded (or even met) its goal. It also had the smallest goal. So, someone's donating. Maybe the goal wasn't set high enough.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:33 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Putting up skycrapapers around here in a matter of months. But point taken.

The condo building in Downtown crossing will have taken much less than that even.

I will say, when BC builds something, it usually looks very nice and I expect the same of this. I think Alumni looks very good post-upgrade.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:39 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Putting up skycrapapers around here in a matter of months. But point taken.

The condo building in Downtown crossing will have taken much less than that even.

I will say, when BC builds something, it usually looks very nice and I expect the same of this. I think Alumni looks very good post-upgrade.

They are putting buildings up in the Back Bay every few months and there are two more skyscrapers going up, one by the Garden and they just started a new Four Seasons by the Christian Science/Sheraton (right next to a 20 story building that went up in like 5 months)
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:29 pm

BC development correctly feels that each donor has a limited amount of donor cash earmarked for BC. So, someone giving $50mm to build an athletic building means that there is $50mm dollars less that BC will get from the donor for academics or land purchases. As a result, you need approval before soliciting funds for anything. Something big like a building is considered even more deliberately.

Nonetheless, that approval to go out and get donors just came down this Fall. BC won't put a shovel in the ground until the entire project is already paid for. So, there isn't going to be any action on this front until ALL funds are raised.

Finally, there is the master plan. With this not being on it, it means the greedy neighbors have something to horse trade against. And... since this isn't a dorm, and since it will occupy green area (which neighbors feel is a public park)... the extortion will be considerable.

Basically, what I'm saying is that this is in the earliest of stages (which goes to show how little attention is spent on athletics at the highest levels). That said, for recruits and coaches, they should definitely just pump out some drawings as marketing tools. How many times did Stokes Hall change over the years?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:40 pm

Needing donors to build facilities is the biggest bull shit excuse I have heard. BC gets 20 million from the ACC , millions more from the FF, ticket sales, etc. Interest rates are at historic lows, borrow the money and build the facilities needed to compete. Upgrades to the stadium will increase revenues and pay the carrying cost. Donations are best saved for endowing scholarships.

My comment about Leahy is that the location of BC does not fit his overly conservative values. He would be a better fit at Creighton. His lack of interest in athletics makes him more suited again for Creighton. He is just a bad fit at BC, being located in a liberal city with a P5 franchise. I do not know why he really wants to be here.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:59 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Needing donors to build facilities is the biggest bull shit excuse I have heard. BC gets 20 million from the ACC , millions more from the FF, ticket sales, etc. Interest rates are at historic lows, borrow the money and build the facilities needed to compete. Upgrades to the stadium will increase revenues and pay the carrying cost. Donations are best saved for endowing scholarships.

My comment about Leahy is that the location of BC does not fit his overly conservative values. He would be a better fit at Creighton. His lack of interest in athletics makes him more suited again for Creighton. He is just a bad fit at BC, being located in a liberal city with a P5 franchise. I do not know why he really wants to be here.

Has it ever occurred to you that if everyone on the planet disagrees with you, you might be wrong on this?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:45 pm

I've heard something similar. The funding is finally their for the indoor practice facility. But now they want to work on all the local politics and get those things cleared before they announce.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:21 am

If anyone needed proof that collegiate football spending is out of control:
http://wpo.st/wLsy0
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:41 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

They are putting buildings up in the Back Bay every few months and there are two more skyscrapers going up, one by the Garden and they just started a new Four Seasons by the Christian Science/Sheraton (right next to a 20 story building that went up in like 5 months)

i saw that when i went to the garden last week...who in the world is gonna live in that skyscraper?

the downtown crossing one // four seasons i can wrap my head around. the garden one seems stupid.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:49 am

I am sure they had their permits already.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:03 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I've heard something similar. The funding is finally their for the indoor practice facility. But now they want to work on all the local politics and get those things cleared before they announce.

You'd think they'd get this sorted out while raising the funds
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:04 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Needing donors to build facilities is the biggest bull shit excuse I have heard. BC gets 20 million from the ACC , millions more from the FF, ticket sales, etc. Interest rates are at historic lows, borrow the money and build the facilities needed to compete. Upgrades to the stadium will increase revenues and pay the carrying cost. Donations are best saved for endowing scholarships.

Do you personally have a problem with Leahy's value system? Again this is a beyond strange point even for you
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:16 am

you're a fucking weirdo but you're right about one thing - creighton would be a good fit for him. having no football team is the biggest key of the better fit. add to that, the city of omaha built creighton a beautiful facility for basketball and another beautiful facility for baseball. sure, creighton isn't their primary tenant but they are the ones getting the most use out of both the centurylink and td ameritrade park.

the biggest problem i see - how do you know the next guy won't be just as bad or even worse? much like the siriuzbusiness post calling those in favor of slaughter's firing "retardeds" for assuming it's an automatic improvement to all of our ailments; what makes leahy's replacement the magic bullet. after all, no one can possibly be worse than al skinner
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium