Indoor Practice Facility

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:20 am

Big Johnsonville Sausage Fest Football Practice Facility
User avatar
ILikeBC
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:48 pm
Karma: 194

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:30 am

eagle33 wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:
commavegarage wrote:i have a problem with naming our athletic buildings anything other than exactly what we want them to be


I agree with this, but being a private school with limited money (kind of even tho they have the money) it would be prudent to see if local area corporations could contribute (or someone like Under Armour could pitch in some money). While naming rights would remain with BC/high donor, there could always be signage/advertising/goodwill for any corporations that were to contribute (i.e. GE who is moving shortly).


New Balance is right in Brighton, Bates should reach out.

with our under armor contract, I see them jumping right on board.

football is not one of their areas of focus. baseball, absolutely. hockey/lax (through their warrior brand), sure. soccer - why not. basketball, a little. but football... not so much
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 22702
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 6057

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:51 am

commavegarage wrote:i have a problem with naming our athletic buildings anything other than exactly what we want them to be


Peak whale pants.
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2931
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 139

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:12 am

2001Eagle wrote:
commavegarage wrote:i have a problem with naming our athletic buildings anything other than exactly what we want them to be


Peak whale pants.

barn for shirtless boys to hone their craft and attempt to achieve mediocrity

too wordy
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 22702
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 6057

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:18 am

If we pass the hat, the stadium should be called "The Nexus"
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 33682
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2542

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:32 am

we'll get outbid and it will be called the tubasteak smothered in underwear bowl featuring hoff
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 22702
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 6057

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:07 pm

The HockeyRuption Hacienda?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 33682
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2542

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby hansen on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:17 pm

eagle9903 wrote:
commavegarage wrote:fwiw, i wouldnt ever fill in the corners and put a dome over alumni if it came at the expense of changing the name from alumalumni to papa johns tuesday night special field at mountain dew stadium


Not that it would happen (because there would be no benefit to the sponsor), but would you have an issue with it if it were Fidelity Investments Field, State Street Field or GAMCO Investors Field or something like that?


I get the natural connection with Fidelity and GAMCO due to BC Guys Peter Lynch and Super Mario Gabelli. Who am I missing at State Street?
I honestly have no idea… HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18158
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Your Mom’s House
Karma: -1500

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby basselope on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:28 pm

twballgame9 wrote:If we pass the hat, the stadium should be called "The Nexus"


sure but the tyrant would change the entry to the "Gay Gridiron" or the "Meatbomb Bowl"
User avatar
basselope
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1092
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: Louisville, Ohio
Karma: 532

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby BCEagles66 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:30 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
eagle33 wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:
commavegarage wrote:i have a problem with naming our athletic buildings anything other than exactly what we want them to be


I agree with this, but being a private school with limited money (kind of even tho they have the money) it would be prudent to see if local area corporations could contribute (or someone like Under Armour could pitch in some money). While naming rights would remain with BC/high donor, there could always be signage/advertising/goodwill for any corporations that were to contribute (i.e. GE who is moving shortly).


New Balance is right in Brighton, Bates should reach out.

with our under armor contract, I see them jumping right on board.

football is not one of their areas of focus. baseball, absolutely. hockey/lax (through their warrior brand), sure. soccer - why not. basketball, a little. but football... not so much


Assume you are talking about New Balance not being involved in football. Agreed, but the CEO is a BC parent & is worth over a billion....
BCEagles66
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:57 am
Karma: 24

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:36 pm

BCEagles66 wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
eagle33 wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:
commavegarage wrote:i have a problem with naming our athletic buildings anything other than exactly what we want them to be


I agree with this, but being a private school with limited money (kind of even tho they have the money) it would be prudent to see if local area corporations could contribute (or someone like Under Armour could pitch in some money). While naming rights would remain with BC/high donor, there could always be signage/advertising/goodwill for any corporations that were to contribute (i.e. GE who is moving shortly).


New Balance is right in Brighton, Bates should reach out.

with our under armor contract, I see them jumping right on board.

football is not one of their areas of focus. baseball, absolutely. hockey/lax (through their warrior brand), sure. soccer - why not. basketball, a little. but football... not so much


Assume you are talking about New Balance not being involved in football. Agreed, but the CEO is a BC parent & is worth over a billion....


He could have been talking abut BC instead of New Balance, and it would have worked too. Well, not really with lax, but Gene D disciples can dream.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 33682
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2542

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:04 pm

We are now being out-facilitied by UAB who went 0-0 last year
User avatar
ILikeBC
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:48 pm
Karma: 194

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:26 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
BCEagles66 wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
eagle33 wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:
commavegarage wrote:i have a problem with naming our athletic buildings anything other than exactly what we want them to be


I agree with this, but being a private school with limited money (kind of even tho they have the money) it would be prudent to see if local area corporations could contribute (or someone like Under Armour could pitch in some money). While naming rights would remain with BC/high donor, there could always be signage/advertising/goodwill for any corporations that were to contribute (i.e. GE who is moving shortly).


New Balance is right in Brighton, Bates should reach out.

with our under armor contract, I see them jumping right on board.

football is not one of their areas of focus. baseball, absolutely. hockey/lax (through their warrior brand), sure. soccer - why not. basketball, a little. but football... not so much


Assume you are talking about New Balance not being involved in football. Agreed, but the CEO is a BC parent & is worth over a billion....


He could have been talking abut BC instead of New Balance, and it would have worked too. Well, not really with lax, but Gene D disciples can dream.


Under Armour would be a no brainer to reach out to. Not only is there an apparel contract in place, it would give them a foot print in the Northeast to be able to run their combines/camps which has been progressively picking up steam among high school athletes (getting kids from NE/NY/NJ up to BC for the UA combines is mutually beneficial). The affiliation with UA followed by a contribution by another shoe brand (NB) would be a bad look, might as well maintain a positive relationship with UA which continues to grow with young people
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3448
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 125

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby Bunratty on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:45 pm

Need to go balls out and name it twice. Something like New Balance Field at Under Armour Stadium.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:00 pm
Karma: 30

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:02 pm

They usually do that so they can get sponsored AND honor a coach. Day-walking Ginger Field at the Nexus.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 33682
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2542

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:19 pm

Dildo Dog Field at Yogurt Man Stadium.
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9299
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 192

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:24 pm

Fidelity Court at the Barcalounger
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 33682
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2542

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:55 pm

BCEagles66 wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
eagle33 wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:
commavegarage wrote:i have a problem with naming our athletic buildings anything other than exactly what we want them to be


I agree with this, but being a private school with limited money (kind of even tho they have the money) it would be prudent to see if local area corporations could contribute (or someone like Under Armour could pitch in some money). While naming rights would remain with BC/high donor, there could always be signage/advertising/goodwill for any corporations that were to contribute (i.e. GE who is moving shortly).


New Balance is right in Brighton, Bates should reach out.

with our under armor contract, I see them jumping right on board.

football is not one of their areas of focus. baseball, absolutely. hockey/lax (through their warrior brand), sure. soccer - why not. basketball, a little. but football... not so much


Assume you are talking about New Balance not being involved in football. Agreed, but the CEO is a BC parent & is worth over a billion....


Yea, this is one of my no snark posts. New balance is not interested in football, irregardless of where the ceo's kids go to school
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 22702
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 6057

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby angrychicken on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:28 pm

Field of Weens :dildodog
User avatar
angrychicken
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16856
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:39 pm
Karma: 15822

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby HJS on Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:00 pm

Bates is so bad it is at the point of unintentional comedy.
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/coll ... low_in_acc
This post was made by Corporal Funishment who is currently on your ignore list.
User avatar
HJS
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15978
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 553

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:05 pm

HJS wrote:Bates is so bad it is at the point of unintentional comedy.
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/coll ... low_in_acc


"soon"
User avatar
ILikeBC
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:48 pm
Karma: 194

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby hansen on Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:45 am

ILikeBC wrote:"duda" on TOS says a facility is "100% confirmed" from an "impeccable source" and that an announcement is coming in the next 30 days.

Not sure of his credibility on the poopee scale


Four days to go?
I honestly have no idea… HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18158
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Your Mom’s House
Karma: -1500

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby h2o on Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:19 pm

HJS wrote:Bates is so bad it is at the point of unintentional comedy.
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/coll ... low_in_acc


Shaughnessy weighed in with an opinion today as well. What a joke BC sports has become.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2016/02/13/let-ease-hanley-ramirez-and-pile-cam-newton/qS1VQoFtl3GhKTYiiYUDGN/story.html?p1=Article_Trending_Most_Viewed

It is hard to fathom the sorry state of the Boston College athletic program at this hour. The Eagles still have a great hockey team (they just won one of the best Beanpots ever), but football and basketball have hit rock bottom.

Much-maligned Al Skinner looks pretty good to BC hoop fans at this juncture. The Eagle cagers are on track to be one of the worst teams in ACC history. Football, meanwhile, is a mess. The Eagles are winless in the ACC in both sports thus far this academic year.

It’s amazing that a school as hot and attractive as BC can’t land more top recruits. Lucky for BC, local sports fans don’t seem to care about it too much anymore. It’s as if they’ve given up.
h2o
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:19 am
Karma: 66

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby eagletx on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:48 pm

Is it soup yet?
eagletx
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:22 pm
Karma: -230

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:37 pm

User avatar
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2524
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 am
Karma: 100

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:51 pm

Maybe Northwestern doing something will convince BC to do something too
User avatar
ILikeBC
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:48 pm
Karma: 194

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:17 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
pick6pedro wrote:
ILikeBC wrote:"duda" on TOS says a facility is "100% confirmed" from an "impeccable source" and that an announcement is coming in the next 30 days.


I heard all of this as well from credible sources recently.


:bored

yes - i also assume it was nick


nick is not my credible source, but he will always be my edible source.
User avatar
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11582
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:25 pm
Location: A Chalupa Stand
Karma: 2633

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:19 pm

They still need to apply for frigging permits according to today's release.
User avatar
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9466
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: I am the Duke of New York
Karma: 1675

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:12 am

BC has to go through zoning first for the new indoor field. They use renderings at this point. Once they pass zoning, they will do the permit drawings needed to apply for a building permit. The building will not be built until the Flynn rec plex is removed. That will not happen until the new student rec center is finished which is 2 years away.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:45 pm
Karma: -363

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:37 am

Eaglekeeper wrote:BC has to go through zoning first for the new indoor field. They use renderings at this point. Once they pass zoning, they will do the permit drawings needed to apply for a building permit. The building will not be built until the Flynn rec plex is removed. That will not happen until the new student rec center is finished which is 2 years away.


You, very unsurprisingly, have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14311
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 1728

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: claver2010 and 25 guests

Untitled document