Indoor Practice Facility

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby hansen on Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:42 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:BC has to go through zoning first for the new indoor field. They use renderings at this point. Once they pass zoning, they will do the permit drawings needed to apply for a building permit. The building will not be built until the Flynn rec plex is removed. That will not happen until the new student rec center is finished which is 2 years away.

You, very unsurprisingly, have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

I actually think this is his most sensible post. I would be shocked if the new indoor facility starts building before the new rec plex is completed.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:50 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:BC has to go through zoning first for the new indoor field. They use renderings at this point. Once they pass zoning, they will do the permit drawings needed to apply for a building permit. The building will not be built until the Flynn rec plex is removed. That will not happen until the new student rec center is finished which is 2 years away.

I actually think this is his most sensible post. I would be shocked if the new indoor facility starts building before the new rec plex is completed.

Didn't BC "negotiate" some sort of agreement with Eva and Co. that only a certain number of construction projects could be underway at one time?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:05 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Didn't BC "negotiate" some sort of agreement with Eva and Co. that only a certain number of construction projects could be underway at one time?

I mean, that sounds like something someone would type on here, but I have no idea if 1) it's true; or 2) it had some kind of specific parameters like a limit to the Brighton campus or a time frame if was true.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:53 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I mean, that sounds like something someone would type on here, but I have no idea if 1) it's true; or 2) it had some kind of specific parameters like a limit to the Brighton campus or a time frame if was true.

Why would the field house start be based on the recplex coming down ? I can obviously understand the correlation in taking down the current recplex until the new rec building is constructed, but why, if (presumably) the field house isn't to be located anywhere near the current recplex (and is on Shea) would that start be dependent on anything else ?
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:23 am

All of this is very old news except the indoor football building that must go through zoning first, then permit drawings, then the filing of the building permit application. The location was stated as being in the place of the current rec plex. It is going to take 2 years to build the new rec plex and eight to tweleve months to build the indoor field. Looks like fall 2019 to me. All of this info has already been stated by BC. Even if all of the buildings were already shovel ready, it would be a real challenge to build both the rec plex and the indoor field at the same time. You can only fit so much equipment in one area and keep the campus open. The baseball fields can start this summer and Edmonds will be razed this summer as well.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:58 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:All of this is very old news except the indoor football building that must go through zoning first, then permit drawings, then the filing of the building permit application. The location was stated as being in the place of the current rec plex. It is going to take 2 years to build the new rec plex and eight to tweleve months to build the indoor field. Looks like fall 2019 to me. All of this info has already been stated by BC. Even if all of the buildings were already shovel ready, it would be a real challenge to build both the rec plex and the indoor field at the same time. You can only fit so much equipment in one area and keep the campus open. The baseball fields can start this summer and Edmonds will be razed this summer as well.

I understand the "only build so much at once" argument, that makes sense. However, wasn't it basically acknowledged that the field house would be built on Shea (based on Jack Dunns comments that plans for dorms on Shea in orig IMP would have to be revisited).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:54 am

The location was not stated as being on the current rec plex. Even when they fill in the corners you can't get it right.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:08 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:All of this is very old news except the indoor football building that must go through zoning first, then permit drawings, then the filing of the building permit application. The location was stated as being in the place of the current rec plex. It is going to take 2 years to build the new rec plex and eight to tweleve months to build the indoor field. Looks like fall 2019 to me. All of this info has already been stated by BC. Even if all of the buildings were already shovel ready, it would be a real challenge to build both the rec plex and the indoor field at the same time. You can only fit so much equipment in one area and keep the campus open. The baseball fields can start this summer and Edmonds will be razed this summer as well.

ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium