Florida State!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Florida State!

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:25 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:More to the point of, I don't think people are going to give us the credit we think we should get. Spencer Hall at EDSBS gives it to us quite nicely in this piece.

I thought he summarized nicely why I can't stand folks who bitch about play-calls.
*Like all fans, Seminole fans believe the run game is either underutilized or overdone. No coach in the history of football has ever run the ball the correct number of times, and none ever will.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:26 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:...For completeness, he thinks the trick play was the wrong play (though he does mention it worked last year against FSU).

it worked this year too... right up until the point that murphy forgot that when the ball hit both his hands he should compress them upon the ball to finish the completion

Sort of. Next time, make it work right up the gut like the 8 plays you had just run. In the immortal words of the prophet Logan, run it til they stop it.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:27 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:...For completeness, he thinks the trick play was the wrong play (though he does mention it worked last year against FSU).

it worked this year too... right up until the point that murphy forgot that when the ball hit both his hands he should compress them upon the ball to finish the completion

Sort of. Next time, make it work right up the gut like the 8 plays you had just run.

and then, when it's 4th and 1... send in billy troy flutie for the fake-fg-td-pass
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:27 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:More to the point of, I don't think people are going to give us the credit we think we should get. Spencer Hall at EDSBS gives it to us quite nicely in this piece.

I thought he summarized nicely why I can't stand folks who bitch about play-calls.
*Like all fans, Seminole fans believe the run game is either underutilized or overdone. No coach in the history of football has ever run the ball the correct number of times, and none ever will.

He also said the trick play was stupid and got BC off schedule in a game they should have won. Whoops.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:28 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Sort of. Next time, make it work right up the gut like the 8 plays you had just run.

and then, when it's 4th and 1... send in billy troy flutie for the fake-fg-td-pass

Yes, because BC had a ton of fourth downs on that last drive doing nothing but running.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:28 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He also said the trick play was stupid and got BC off schedule in a game they should have won. Whoops.

you know what else is stupid? burning down your own town and/or not making your pick 'em picks to fall further down into the loser pile of pick'em'ers
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:30 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He also said the trick play was stupid and got BC off schedule in a game they should have won. Whoops.

you know what else is stupid? burning down your own town and/or not making your pick 'em picks to fall further down into the loser pile of pick'em'ers

Spent Friday in the ER and forgot the pick em entirely.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:31 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Yes, because BC had a ton of fourth downs on that last drive doing nothing but running.

so it is categorically impossible that bc could have faced a 4th down somewhere over the next few series of plays had they just continued running? there are no circumstances that would have led to a 4th down.

can i have your crystal ball? more importantly, why don't you use your crystal ball to better select your pick'em picks. if you had used your crystal ball, you might have avoided the er
Last edited by TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:31 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

So that explains Saturday's spectacular showing at the end of the game. Mixing pain meds and booze is a dangerous game, teddy.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:34 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

so it is categorically impossible that bc could have faced a 4th down somewhere over the next few series of plays had they just continued running? there are no circumstances that would have led to a 4th down.

can i have your crystal ball? more importantly, why don't you use your crystal ball to better select your pick'em picks

I'll take my chances that a second down run with Outlow would have gotten them closer to a convertible 3rd down than the idiotic wing and a prayer call that they went with.

I was going to have to come on here and announce that Ryan Day called a great game, because he did, right up until that idiotic decision. FSU has a soft underbelly that a WR pass to the QB does not attack.

PS - I don't see any receptions for Rettig last season, but I feel like I recall that play.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:34 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I kept praying that on 4th down Day would call a fake Fg pass for a TD and BC would win the game. It probably would have had the same rate of success as trying that damn FG.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:35 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

So that explains Saturday's spectacular showing at the end of the game. Mixing pain meds and booze is a dangerous game, teddy.

I wasn't the patient. Josh Bordner throwing to Tyler Murphy with the biggest game in years on the line (take that in for a moment) was pretty much enough to set me off
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby mjago410 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:29 am

The second down play call sucked, sure. But on 3rd down, we set up in the QB draw play. I'm not 100% sure but i think that that play is built-in with an option to throw the WR screen. If you watch that play, the corners are backed off about 8 yards. Alston could have gotten a first, or at least gotten us in closer range for a kick.

We also would have been on the opposite hashmark, which I think might be part of the reason why Howell went out to kick.
mjago410
n00b

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium