Florida State!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Florida State!

Postby Reverend Mike on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:20 am

somebody explain what happened to grand wizard vinny. I think I was on hiatus during that episode of "as the nexus turns."
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:21 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Never get the logic of people who should not say stupid shit out loud having a unedited worldwide megaphone at their finger tips.

like vinny, they will learn the hard way

I also get that people get drunk and people don't filter, but what part of her decided that was a smart thing to tweet?

http://www.businessinsider.com/espnu-student-reporter-tweets-fsu-shooting-joke-2014-11

Don't worry her account was "hacked"

Sort of like how the BC Hockey blog was "hacked"

HockeyRuption was hacked?

No. The actual BC Hockey Blog: http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2014/10/1 ... -fan-blog/

Sorry didn't know about that one, just HockeyRuption. Does that one recommend beers for hockey tailgating?

I'm guessing there are soda recommendations.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:30 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:somebody explain what happened to grand wizard vinny. I think I was on hiatus during that episode of "as the nexus turns."

He got involved in a debate about Jags on EO while still employed by BC Athletics. He posted that Jags was not a good person and that Gene was right to can Jags and that the rest of the nexus wasn't privy to the information he was getting at work. A few hours later he started PMing shock and the colored names begging them to delete his posts because he got in trouble for them at work. He also begged everyone on the board who quoted his post about Jags to delete the quotes. Speculation was that Vinny's posts violated the terms of the severance agreement between BC and Jags and that Gene's counsel gave Vinny an ultimatum. Everything he posted about Jags was taken down and Vinny did not lose his job.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:39 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:somebody explain what happened to grand wizard vinny. I think I was on hiatus during that episode of "as the nexus turns."

He got involved in a debate about Jags on EO while still employed by BC Athletics. He posted that Jags was not a good person and that Gene was right to can Jags and that the rest of the nexus wasn't privy to the information he was getting at work. A few hours later he started PMing shock and the colored names begging them to delete his posts because he got in trouble for them at work. He also begged everyone on the board who quoted his post about Jags to delete the quotes. Speculation was that Vinny's posts violated the terms of the severance agreement between BC and Jags and that Gene's counsel gave Vinny an ultimatum. Everything he posted about Jags was taken down and Vinny did not lose his job.

And by begging you mean complete psychological breakdown
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:43 am

hence the phrase "that donkey had character issues"
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:12 pm

That story is still awesome. Felt bad for him and then I realized it was him, and I didn't.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:15 pm

Given vinny's decision to continue posting here post-GDF, I take it that either he (a) is no longer employed at BC, (b) doesn't think The Master knows about this cesspool or (c) hasn't learned.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:22 pm

Is it homecoming at FSU this week? The shooter was an alum.
http://heavy.com/news/2014/11/myron-may ... on-derfus/
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:51 pm

Vinny was apparently contacted by a lawyer on behalf of Jags. Not sure how he found out about that, but maybe Jags still reads this board.

HI Mr. Jags, I liked your cool guy leather BC jacket.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BCdee on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:02 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Vinny was apparently contacted by a lawyer on behalf of Jags. Not sure how he found out about that, but maybe Jags still reads this board.

HI Mr. Jags, I liked your cool guy leather BC jacket.

Jags will be back at Clemson this weekend.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:25 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

was it hacked by the person pictured that clearly just ate the original tweeter
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:31 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Given vinny's decision to continue posting here post-GDF, I take it that either he (a) is no longer employed at BC, (b) doesn't think The Master knows about this cesspool or (c) hasn't learned.

you know the higgi guy isn't really vinny, right? i don't think vinny was around much after his brush with the law talkers.

rumor has it the vinny communications actually came from big pete and blog boy after they hacked into a recent fls grad's email account. my brother was not involved (because he hates me)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:13 pm

Was that why Vinnie came back as AudieMurphy? I'm sure he still posts here under another alias.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:21 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Was that why Vinnie came back as AudieMurphy? I'm sure he still posts here under another alias.

i don't think so... he got busted when posting as northendeagle. i think that was after enigma, audit murphy, blue party and others
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:31 pm

was it bluetomato? or flyingtomato?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle216 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:22 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

I know its mostly obscured by a rather large obstacle in the foreground, but that is a proper college baseball stadium. Many fine institutions of higher learning have such facilities. BC does not. Nor should it build one to accommodate the 9.5 days per spring semester where the weather permits one to engage in the finest game to ever have been invented in Hoboken, NJ. Instead, BC should disband its rounders team, replace each scholie with one for men's lacrosse, and be nationally relevant faster that it would take to finish completion of said stadium.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby BCdee on Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:16 pm

Has anyone seen a coverage map for Saturday's game? Just wondering what part of the country will get ABC/ESPN2 because I want to set our TiVo. :angrychicken
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:27 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:Has anyone seen a coverage map for Saturday's game? Just wondering what part of the country will get ABC/ESPN2 because I want to set our TiVo. :angrychicken

http://espnmediazone.espn.netdna-cdn.co ... -22_MZ.pdf

ABC for 78% of america

*not a meatbomb
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCdee on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:43 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:Has anyone seen a coverage map for Saturday's game? Just wondering what part of the country will get ABC/ESPN2 because I want to set our TiVo. :angrychicken

ABC for 78% of america

*not a meatbomb

Thanks!
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:04 pm

she would have thanked you more if it WAS a meatbomb
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby talon on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:15 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

ABC for 78% of america

*not a meatbomb

ugh. mike patrick?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby BCdee on Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:35 pm

We are at Potbelly's and Omg are we old. Lol. My husband is impressed with the outfits here. Ha!
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:44 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

Who made the decision to put this whale in front of a camera? And she goes on air in that dress and her bra straps showing? I really wish a viable alternative to ESPN would emerge.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCdee on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:42 am

Report on FSU's game day atmosphere. We went to Modern Social before the game getting there around 11:30. It was a bar/restaurant right across from their big tailgate field. It looks to be a pretty new place with a huge wrap around bar, many flat screens with indoor and outdoor seating. They have garage doors that open up around the perimeter so there is an open air concept. Beyond the large tailgate lot, you can see the stadium. It was a really good scene. The tailgating doesn't compare to the Clemson.

Before heading into the stadium, I got a quick picture in front of the unconquered statue which was pretty neat because of the flaming spear.

Once inside the stadium, it doesn't seem like there are any really bad seats because it is a bowl. It wasn't completely full and Death Valley seems more intimidating...although I might be biased. I think because Death Valley is higher with an upper deck it just seems like the fans are more on top of you. I did like FSU's entrance more than Clemson's (maybe because I have seen Clemson's so many times). I loved the chief on the horse with the flaming spear. No one in the crowd talks...it's just their Seminole chant. It is cool. It does get very loud and they do have that metal bleacher noise like us.

This loss stings...I feel like Charlie Brown and my football was taken away, but the kids played so hard and our future is bright. Proud to be an Eagle :angrychicken

:screamyeagle
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby BCdee on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:46 am

PS- their big tailgate lot was practically empty until a couple hours before the game. Not sure if that is the norm or due to the weather.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:59 pm

FSU tailgate lots open 5 hours prior to the game. We parked for $20 one block away. Nice stadium, but the seats are a long way from the game due to the bowl shape and the gradual slope. FSU band is very good, fans were very nice. There is absolutely nothing in Tallahassee except one chicken joint after another, but game day is a fun experience.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:10 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Never get the logic of people who should not say stupid shit out loud having a unedited worldwide megaphone at their finger tips.

like vinny, they will learn the hard way

I also get that people get drunk and people don't filter, but what part of her decided that was a smart thing to tweet?

http://www.businessinsider.com/espnu-student-reporter-tweets-fsu-shooting-joke-2014-11

Sort of like how the BC Hockey blog was "hacked"

It actually was.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:12 pm

What kind of beer goes best with hacking the hockey blog?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:19 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:What kind of beer goes best with hacking the hockey blog?

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:50 am

So are people doubling down on the "I hate FSU" line and rooting for a rivalry win for Florida? Or do you grit your teeth and hope FSU pulls it out so we don't have to hear the SEC chant as they point to a bottom dweller in their weaker conference beating the top ACC team as proof that they should get all 4 spots in any playoff system.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium