Florida State!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Florida State!

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:57 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:FSU has invaded HockeyRuption. I had to share this gem. I cannot tell whether this is facetious or not:

Boston is one of the most racist cities in the nation, so asking them to understand the southern dialect of an All-ACC Academic Athlete is probably a bit much.

When Winston was done speaking at the NC game, this is all I thought:

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Garrett_TD23 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:59 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:FSU has invaded HockeyRuption. I had to share this gem. I cannot tell whether this is facetious or not:

Boston is one of the most racist cities in the nation, so asking them to understand the southern dialect of an All-ACC Academic Athlete is probably a bit much.

Probably being serious. The highlighted statement is true about Winston. I have no comment about Boston being racist.
Garrett_TD23
n00b

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:28 pm

Garrett_TD23 {l Wrote}:

Probably being serious. The highlighted statement is true about Winston. I have no comment about Boston being racist.

yeah, i had a tough time understanding all-acc academic athlete Rashad McCants as well. mustve been that accent.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:45 pm

i'm fluent in southern but i still do not understand the heisman trophy winner in most of his speaking engagements
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:05 pm

Boston is a really racist city though and even though BC alumni, like most of the alumni of institutions of higher learning that actually do the learning part, live all over the country in places like Raleigh and not within RV driving distance of the football stadium at your alma mater, you're a racist too because Boston. Ool
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:38 pm

While on the subject of people who may not have the best grammar and diction, Gronk was out of his mind entertaining last night. Between him, Browner and Costanzo's awesome dance, it actually did look like Street Fighter.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:27 pm

Garrett_TD23 {l Wrote}:I think all the black out uniforms were burned and the ashes were scattered in an undisclosed location in an Arizona desert.

Rumor has it that you guys are wearing the all blacks Saturday. Domingo (and Matt Ryan) was their the first time you tried this.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby BCdee on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:00 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Garrett_TD23 {l Wrote}:I think all the black out uniforms were burned and the ashes were scattered in an undisclosed location in an Arizona desert.

Rumor has it that you guys are wearing the all blacks Saturday. Domingo (and Matt Ryan) was their the first time you tried this.

Booyah!

BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby Garrett_TD23 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:09 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

I have not heard this rumor. Do you guys call your offensive formation a "spread eagle"?
Garrett_TD23
n00b

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:10 pm

Man. Isn't this the 3rd time they are doing a blackout against BC? They are 0-2 in previous attempts.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:25 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Garrett_TD23 {l Wrote}:

yeah, i had a tough time understanding all-acc academic athlete Rashad McCants as well. mustve been that accent.

Very good I like it
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:26 pm

some good memories from the 2008 game

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby talon on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:57 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Man. Isn't this the 3rd time they are doing a blackout against BC? They are 0-2 in previous attempts.

This just means they're due.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:00 am

talon {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Man. Isn't this the 3rd time they are doing a blackout against BC? They are 0-2 in previous attempts.

This just means they're due.

like the washington generals
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:01 am

BCdee {l Wrote}:

do you think the house of mouse has someone at the pixelation button for all the unintended FU's that will be formed by placing hands in a manner not perfect to spell out FSU?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:59 am

Can we talk about Crane throwing a TD to Gunnell off of his back foot while being strangled in that video? I have no recollection of that whatsoever.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCdee on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:38 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:some good memories from the 2008 game

Just watched the video and I am pumped! :chewbanka

We are excited to go to the game on Saturday...would love an upset!!! :angrychicken :elephant
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:09 am

Garrett_TD23 {l Wrote}:I have a couple of questions also. On the old ESPN messageboard there were 2 BC fans that went by BCALUM2000 and IAYF (or IAMYOURFATHER). Both were trolls and it was suspected that they were the same person. Have you seen these names around?

I knew the guy who posted as BCALUM2000 personally when I was a student at BC. I haven't seen him surface on any other message boards under that name.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCdee on Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:42 pm

Burt Reynolds is planting the spear on Saturday.

BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:18 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:Burt Reynolds is planting the spear on Saturday.

There's a joke in here somewhere about Jameis Winston and The Longest Yard
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:28 pm

Burt should ride into the stadium in a tee top 1978 Pontiac firebird and plant the spear. Ool. :pickle :pepper2 :dildodog
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:10 am

Anyone know the status of John Johnson? I would rather not see Simmons playing CB on Saturday.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:58 am

why does FSU break out there trendy uniforms against us every time. And the Gunnel pass was the first score of the game. Montel broke about a 60 yard run but got caught from behind. BC couldn't run it in, so they hit gunnel wide open in the end zone. I know Crane was a polarizing figure on this board, but I liked his game and he improved. In a September game that year, =BC had a brutal loss to GT at home. BC dominated defensively all day. GT's vaunted running attach went nowhere, but BC couldn't build the lead. GT broke off a 65 yard td run with about 4 minutes left to take the lead, and watching Crane try to throw a forward pass in the last 4 minutes was painful. He had guys wide open, but was throwing it 5 yards short or 10 yards over their head. By the end of season, pre-injury he became a fairly competent passer.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:05 am

the feelings regarding crane were formed during the game you describe as well as the vaunted "chicken wing game"

he appeared to lack the ability to throw a forward pass. it was a long way down from matty.

most will agree with your assessment that he improved greatly from those games until his undoing in winston salem. that's why the "no one could be worse than chris crane" is used sarcastically when we have events such as beeker replacing skinner or jimmy mac replacing beeker
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:08 am

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2272 ... o-prove-it

So the media thinks BC has to become the whipping boy for FSU fortunes via the Playoff Committee. As I suspected, eventually the art of "running it up" inevitably had to come into vogue sooner or later in order to make an impression on the committee, despite their trumpeted objective of evaluating "the full body of work". Style points clearly do matter.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:17 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2272597-if-florida-state-isnt-a-playoff-fraud-nows-the-time-to-prove-it

So the media thinks BC has to become the whipping boy for FSU fortunes via the Playoff Committee. As I suspected, eventually the art of "running it up" inevitably had to come into vogue sooner or later in order to make an impression on the committee, despite their trumpeted objective of evaluating "the full body of work". Style points clearly do matter.

This whole new system became fraudulent pretty quick. The lengths they will go to denigrate a team that not so long ago flipped the #9 team in the country's season on its head and frankly should have beaten honorary SEC overrated program Clemson and CSU to be sitting at 8-2 and ranked, is disgusting.

Time to go to 8 with 6 autobids (5 big boys and 1 reserved bid for a non-power conference elite team to be selected) and 2 at-large so all these dipshits can whack to the SEC.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:24 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2272597-if-florida-state-isnt-a-playoff-fraud-nows-the-time-to-prove-it

This whole new system became fraudulent pretty quick. The lengths they will go to denigrate a team that not so long ago flipped the #9 team in the country's season on its head and frankly should have beaten honorary SEC overrated program Clemson and CSU to be sitting at 8-2 and ranked, is disgusting.

Time to go to 8 with 6 autobids (5 big boys and 1 reserved bid for a non-power conference elite team to be selected) and 2 at-large so all these dipshits can whack to the SEC.

It's going to be fun to watch the fall out when the Committee immediately discredits itself by placing two SEC teams into the final four.

People will be falling over themselves to prove how Mississippi State deserved to get in over (insert tOSU, TCU, Baylor...)
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:27 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

It's going to be fun to watch the fall out when the Committee immediately discredits itself by placing two SEC teams into the final four.

People will be falling over themselves to prove how Mississippi State deserved to get in over (insert tOSU, TCU, Baylor...)

OSU shouldn't be within 700 miles of any discussion regarding the top 4.

The others, maybe.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:35 am

I'm begging FSU to go for broke against BC. Please do it, 'Noles. Get away from what's been working for you all year. Tempt fate and refuse to play from behind. Deny your identity. Gamble early and often. Focus more on the noise coming from the media and less on the last time you played BC.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:55 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:the feelings regarding crane were formed during the game you describe as well as the vaunted "chicken wing game"

he appeared to lack the ability to throw a forward pass. it was a long way down from matty.

most will agree with your assessment that he improved greatly from those games until his undoing in winston salem. that's why the "no one could be worse than chris crane" is used sarcastically when we have events such as beeker replacing skinner or jimmy mac replacing beeker

The GTech was the chicken wing game. Toal had to come out the play before the long TD run. He was doubled over on the sideline.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium