2015 Non Conference Fottball Schedule

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2015 Non Conference Fottball Schedule

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:12 pm

eagle216 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Bates said no more 6 home game schedules after last year. I expect that means we won't be scheduling Tennessee, unless he decides to count Fenway as a home game.

Because of this, we should play 2 cupcakes next year at home. It's fine. No one bitches when the SEC does it. U Florida hasn't scheduled a home and home non-conference game outside their state in like 20 years.

SEC teams do not need to bring in marquee OOC teams in order to sell tickets and drum up interest. And I know the SEC is probably overrated, but that's only because it is rated so high. Game in- game out, SEC schedule is still tougher than an ACC schedule. We have cupcakes in conference. For the most part, the SEC had none.

We are not winning a NC any time soon, so manipulating the schedule so that we can go 12-0 is dumb. And we should win enough conference games, coupled with cupcake OOC games, to ensure bowl eligibility even with a marquee OOC game. And this assumes we lose it. We beat USC this year, and they were at least as good as any Big Um we can get in here no named Alabama or Oregon.

Ok, I'll indulge you. I'll even indulge the best possible case for your point of view. Let's say hypothetically speaking we somehow manage to secure both Missouri and Tennessee to fill out the schedule next year...at home! Now our home slate is FSU, VT, NCST, Wake, Missouri and Tennessee!

Wow, holy shit, what a home slate! Forget about the fact that we're going to 5-7 and every recruit on our board is going to start questioning Daz and the future of the program, we scheduled baby rapists! I bet with that kind of home schedule season ticket sales don't even go up by more than 1,000. Wow, we get our average up to 34K.

Forget that bullshit, give me cupcakes. I'll accept 33K average next year and the fact that you'll be bored. I'll also take another bowl and hopefully an improved win total. In fact, I'd ride that formula until we're consistently a 10 win team again. Because 10 wins and national attention will fill the stadium more in the long term than baby rapists and 5 wins. And its better for the program.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:14 pm

baby rapists...forgot about that.

:bag
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:16 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Bates said no more 6 home game schedules after last year. I expect that means we won't be scheduling Tennessee, unless he decides to count Fenway as a home game.

Because of this, we should play 2 cupcakes next year at home. It's fine. No one bitches when the SEC does it. U Florida hasn't scheduled a home and home non-conference game outside their state in like 20 years.

SEC teams do not need to bring in marquee OOC teams in order to sell tickets and drum up interest. And I know the SEC is probably overrated, but that's only because it is rated so high. Game in- game out, SEC schedule is still tougher than an ACC schedule. We have cupcakes in conference. For the most part, the SEC had none.

We are not winning a NC any time soon, so manipulating the schedule so that we can go 12-0 is dumb. And we should win enough conference games, coupled with cupcake OOC games, to ensure bowl eligibility even with a marquee OOC game. And this assumes we lose it. We beat USC this year, and they were at least as good as any Big Um we can get in here no named Alabama or Oregon.

Ok, I'll indulge you. I'll even indulge the best possible case for your point of view. Let's say hypothetically speaking we somehow manage to secure both Missouri and Tennessee to fill out the schedule next year...at home! Now our home slate is FSU, VT, NCST, Wake, Missouri and Tennessee!

Wow, holy shit, what a home slate! Forget about the fact that we're going to 5-7 and every recruit on our board is going to start questioning Daz and the future of the program, we scheduled baby rapists! I bet with that kind of home schedule season ticket sales don't even go up by more than 1,000. Wow, we get our average up to 34K.

Forget that bullshit, give me cupcakes. I'll accept 33K average next year and the fact that you'll be bored. I'll also take another bowl and hopefully an improved win total. In fact, I'd ride that formula until we're consistently a 10 win team again. Because 10 wins and national attention will fill the stadium more in the long term than baby rapists and 5 wins. And its better for the program.

not that i disagree with you, but ask stanford about those last 2 sentences.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby talon on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:28 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:i get scheduling cupcakes.
i get scheduling powers.

i do not get scheduling the colorado sts, San Diego States, Fresno States and Air Forces of the world

I don't mind a game against a non-power, non-cupcake, provided it ends up with a road trip to a place worth going to. I'd love to plan a trip to San Diego around a BC football game. Fresno? pass. Tulane? sign me up.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:59 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:I will say a home schedule of: Home: FSU, NCST, Wake, VT, N. Illinois + 2 cupcakes is absolutely miserable

Also, you can shell out for the Fenway game. FSU, VT and ND at Fenway are some fun marquee matchups. Don't fully make up for the 4 boring games, but at least they should be 4 boring wins.

The only games we should be counting on as wins next year are against FCS teams.

Next year has a ton of the unknown in it especially at QB.

Sounds like everyone's prognostications before the season about this year.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:46 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:i get scheduling cupcakes.
i get scheduling powers.

i do not get scheduling the colorado sts, San Diego States, Fresno States and Air Forces of the world

I don't mind a game against a non-power, non-cupcake, provided it ends up with a road trip to a place worth going to. I'd love to plan a trip to San Diego around a BC football game. Fresno? pass. Tulane? sign me up.

No.

Scheduling teams like these are a lose-lose situation.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:00 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:No.

sue me. I like to see BC play games in interesting locations. Since 9 times out of ten, we're going to get fucked over in the bowl selection process, I've got no problems with interesting locations in the regular season, even if that means the teams aren't powerhouses.

I love traveling to places to watch BC play. It's enjoyable. You should try it some time.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:04 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:No.

sue me. I like to see BC play games in interesting locations. Since 9 times out of ten, we're going to get fucked over in the bowl selection process, I've got no problems with interesting locations in the regular season, even if that means the teams aren't powerhouses.

I love traveling to places to watch BC play. It's enjoyable. You should try it some time.

I kind of agree. I think the goal should be 2:1's with the lower tier schools, but I don't mind the road games. Especially if it can be timed so it's the only OOC road game. Sign me up for the baby rapists, 2 G5's and an FCS plan. Years where we have the baby rapists on at home we can pay our dues with a road trip to somewhere sunny and fun.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:09 pm

I'd like for us to schedule Rice or any other school (should it exist) that plays football and requires players to attend class occasionally.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:28 am

I like to traveling to away games. Top of my wish list are against Ole Miss at the Grove, Georgia between the hedges, Florida at Ben Hill Griffith, Michigan at The Big House, Ohio State at the horseshoe, LSU at Death Valley.
Obviously, none of these are going to happen, at least not next year.

With a freshman QB and what looks like on paper like a tough schedule, i think we need to fill out with some cupcakes to start the season. there are a lot of bad teams out there; i wish we could choose some bottom feeder from a major conference (with the exception of Rutgres... that game is nothing to gain, everything to lose).
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:24 am

hansen {l Wrote}:I like to traveling to away games. Top of my wish list are against Ole Miss at the Grove, Georgia between the hedges, Florida at Ben Hill Griffith, Michigan at The Big House, Ohio State at the horseshoe, LSU at Death Valley.
Obviously, none of these are going to happen, at least not next year.

With a freshman QB and what looks like on paper like a tough schedule, i think we need to fill out with some cupcakes to start the season. there are a lot of bad teams out there; i wish we could choose some bottom feeder from a major conference (with the exception of Rutgres... that game is nothing to gain, everything to lose).

We should be scheduling two cupcakes next year because we will need it. But, after that, I'd like to see us schedule a bunch of non-Vandy/KY teams from the SEC (since those wins are the only ones the Committee count as real wins). Great road trips and watching BC smack around teams who aren't used to our physical style is always fun.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:00 am

HJS {l Wrote}:We should be scheduling two cupcakes next year because we will need it. But, after that, I'd like to see us schedule a bunch of non-Vandy/KY teams from the SEC (since those wins are the only ones the Committee count as real wins). Great road trips and watching BC smack around teams who aren't used to our physical style is always fun.

I'd go to a BC-KY game in Lexington. But I don't know if it's a "great" road trip. If I really wanted to travel to Kentucky & wanted my travel to line up with a BC football game, BC will be playing in Louisville every other year.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby talon on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:11 am

If I were to weight things heavily in favor of the actual city, I wouldn't mind an out-of-conference deal that gave us the following road trips:

AAC:
Memphis
Tulane
SMU

CUSA:
Rice
UTEP
UTSA

MAC:
shoot me in the face

MWC:
San Diego State
Hawaii
UNLV
any team in the Mountain division (I like the Rocky Mountains, John Denver was not full of shit)

Sun Belt:
not quite shoot me in the face, but kick me in the balls
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:20 am

talon {l Wrote}:If I were to weight things heavily in favor of the actual city, I wouldn't mind an out-of-conference deal that gave us the following road trips:

AAC:
Memphis
Tulane
SMU

CUSA:
Rice
UTEP
UTSA

MAC:
shoot me in the face

MWC:
San Diego State
Hawaii
UNLV
any team in the Mountain division (I like the Rocky Mountains, John Denver was not full of shit)

Sun Belt:

With the exception of Hawaii and maybe San Diego St (its 70 and sunny) and UNLV (how far from the strip?), none of those road trips interest me.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:16 pm

hansenposting a hansenpost

THIS!

Pass on all those listed.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:06 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:If I were to weight things heavily in favor of the actual city, I wouldn't mind an out-of-conference deal that gave us the following road trips:

AAC:
Memphis
Tulane
SMU

CUSA:
Rice
UTEP
UTSA

MAC:
shoot me in the face

MWC:
San Diego State
Hawaii
UNLV

Sun Belt:

With the exception of Hawaii and maybe San Diego St (its 70 and sunny) and UNLV (how far from the strip?), none of those road trips interest me.

i'd add tulane.

p and s - memphis is gross
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:32 pm

We are doing our best to find a cupcake. Think CSU -- only a game we win.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:47 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:We are doing our best to find a cupcake. Think CSU -- only a game we win.

dont we have 2 to fill?

@fenway
maine

is northern illinois happening this year?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:19 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:hansenposting a hansenpost

THIS!

Pass on all those listed.

There's no upside in playing those games at all.

EO coaching staff in agreement
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:57 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:We are doing our best to find a cupcake. Think CSU -- only a game we win.

dont we have 2 to fill?

@fenway
maine

is northern illinois happening this year?

Two openings. ND at Fenway and Northern Illinois, which has been confirmed with a return trip TBD between 2016 or 2017. Maine has not been publicly confirmed yet. In fact, all I heard about it was that one random poster who's showed up in this thread. An FCS is likely though, so Maine makes sense. In which case one more cupcake is needed.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:08 pm

AAC:
Memphis
Tulane
SMU

CUSA:
Rice
UTEP
UTSA

MAC:
shoot me in the face

MWC:
San Diego State
Hawaii
UNLV

Sun Belt:

Memphis is 3 blocks of New Orleans, minus the bare tits, dropped in the middle of Mogadishu. No thanks.

UTEP doesn't hold any interest for me at all (and could possibly be seen by the Sun Bowl as a disincentive to take us that year or the next), other than that I'd be fine with any of the schools you listed. I also liked the 2 for 1s we used to play with the MAC as a whole, gave us some home schedule fillers and the occasional road trip to important recruiting territory.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:39 am

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:

AAC:
Memphis
Tulane
SMU

CUSA:
Rice
UTEP
UTSA

MAC:
shoot me in the face

MWC:
San Diego State
Hawaii
UNLV

Sun Belt:

Memphis is 3 blocks of New Orleans, minus the bare tits, dropped in the middle of Mogadishu. No thanks.

UTEP doesn't hold any interest for me at all (and could possibly be seen by the Sun Bowl as a disincentive to take us that year or the next), other than that I'd be fine with any of the schools you listed. I also liked the 2 for 1s we used to play with the MAC as a whole, gave us some home schedule fillers and the occasional road trip to important recruiting territory.

So dangerous as fuck but no naked girls to make the risk worth it. Sounds awful.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:34 am

Is UMass' schedule full? I don't want to play them, but it would be a likely marriage of convenience if they need an opponent.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:20 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:

AAC:
Memphis
Tulane
SMU

CUSA:
Rice
UTEP
UTSA

MAC:
shoot me in the face

MWC:
San Diego State
Hawaii
UNLV

Sun Belt:

So dangerous as fuck but no naked girls to make the risk worth it. Sounds awful.

Exactly. Beale St is a blast but you don't get chicks running around showing off the goods (at least when I was there, and it doesn't have that reputation in general) and it's only a few blocks long. The rest of the city is like something out of Mad Max.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby Chris02M on Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:42 am

still crickets in regards to filling or finalizing your 2 open non conference football games for next year?
Chris02M
n00b

Postby Chris02M on Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:00 pm

Miane board and coach confirms playing at BC on 9/5. Tulane not available for the replacement for new mexico st as they added maine also. You are the only acc team lacking a game for 2015
Chris02M
n00b

Postby BCHerbert on Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:55 pm

Chris02M {l Wrote}:Miane board and coach confirms playing at BC on 9/5. Tulane not available for the replacement for new mexico st as they added maine also. You are the only acc team lacking a game for 2015

Do you like dudes?
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby Chris02M on Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:13 pm

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:
Chris02M {l Wrote}:Miane board and coach confirms playing at BC on 9/5. Tulane not available for the replacement for new mexico st as they added maine also. You are the only acc team lacking a game for 2015

Do you like dudes?

do you?
Chris02M
n00b

Postby BCHerbert on Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:28 pm

Chris02M {l Wrote}:
BCHerbert {l Wrote}:

Do you like dudes?

do you?

Of course. Do you?
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby mod6A on Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:08 pm

every single thread.

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall