Stone Hands

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Stone Hands

Postby MrAwesomeII on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:37 am

Anyone notice that Tyler Rouse didnt play against Wake Forest?? I love that. That lunk head cost BC the Clemson game. Good thing for Bordner that he redeemed his boneheaded play with that TD catch....
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall

Re: Stone Hands

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:39 am

Rouse definitely played against Wake - got about as many snaps as he got against Clemson, 2 or 3.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:47 am

senor awesome forevah, mr awesome and mr awesome ii drulez
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MrAwesomeII on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:49 am

Hmm, I disagree most respectfully. When I watch these games, Im very zoned in. I made a point of looking for little #35 running around out there, lining up in the backfield, and it never happened.
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:50 am

He's listed under offense on the participation report and the words "Tyler Rouse is in the backfield" were spoken at least twice by the announcers - not coincidentally, on third and long situations. I noticed because it pissed me off.

Good try, good effort.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:53 am

PS Rouse is also in on special teams, which constitutes playing in football.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:55 am

this is a good thread
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:58 am

By the way, drastic improvement in the stone hands problem this post week. Bordner in particular made some nice catches. In fact, I'm not sure I remember even one drop.

Either a lucky week or maybe these coaches actual coach..
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:13 am

I hear Senor Awesome doesn't know his log in information.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:57 am

MrAwesomeII {l Wrote}:Hmm, I disagree most respectfully. When I watch these games, Im very zoned in. I made a point of looking for little #35 running around out there, lining up in the backfield, and it never happened.

Zoned in to the Rutgers game, maybe.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:04 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
MrAwesomeII {l Wrote}:Hmm, I disagree most respectfully. When I watch these games, Im very zoned in. I made a point of looking for little #35 running around out there, lining up in the backfield, and it never happened.

Wait, are you saying that Soylent Green is people?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:06 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:I hear Senor Awesome doesn't know his log in information.

that's because he's been too busy helping teddy with his weekly football picks
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:08 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:I hear Senor Awesome doesn't know his log in information.

that's because he's been too busy helping teddy with his weekly football picks

I heard senor awesome doesn't whine and bitch about the selected games after he stinks, however.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:15 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

Wait, are you saying that Soylent Green is people?

hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Ben Roethlisberger on Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:49 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Image

That's a scene from the movie Soylent Green. What does that have to do with Stone Hands?
Ben Roethlisberger
n00b

Postby MrAwesomeII on Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:32 pm

PERHAPS he played on special teams, but I defy you! He didnt play on offense, and there is no evidence that he did.

And hence, my larger point. Its good to shun a supposed Division I player when they show themselves incapable of catching a pass.
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:48 pm

MrAwesomeII {l Wrote}:PERHAPS he played on special teams, but I defy you! He didnt play on offense, and there is no evidence that he did.

And hence, my larger point. Its good to shun a supposed Division I player when they show themselves incapable of catching a pass.

I have the game on DVR. If I gave two shits and didn't already know you were wrong, I'd look it up.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MrAwesomeII on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:14 pm

You dont need to do that. I have a terrific memory, and get really zoned in during the games. He didnt play.

Which gave me a degree of satisfaction becasue Tyler Louse blew the Clemson game and should never see the field again. Especially when he isnt as good as 5 or 6 other RB's on the roster.
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:22 pm

MrAwesomeII {l Wrote}:You dont need to do that. I have a terrific memory, and get really zoned in during the games. He didnt play.

Which gave me a degree of satisfaction becasue Tyler Louse blew the Clemson game and should never see the field again. Especially when he isnt as good as 5 or 6 other RB's on the roster.

I can assure you that your memory sucks.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:26 pm

MrAwesomeII {l Wrote}:You dont need to do that. I have a terrific memory, and get really zoned in during the games. He didnt play.

Ugh. I really don't want to engage you, but I feel I must because this is absolutely ridiculous. Tyler Rouse is a 20 year old sophomore amateur athlete playing for our alma mater. He's not a professional athlete making millions of dollars. The idea that a 20 year old kid should be benched for a drop is an absolute absurdity. Worse than that, it's really fucking dickish.

Blame the coaches for the call. Blame the coaches for putting him in that position if he wasn't ready for it. But don't blame the 20 year old kid who's playing his heart out and is probably already beating himself up enough for the drop. He's a sophomore. The disappointment of the drop may fuel him and help him become a really great player for BC before he ends up graduating. Who knows. In the meantime, stop shitting on him.

GTFOOMAM
Last edited by dtwalrus on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby talon on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:29 pm

MrAwesomeII {l Wrote}:Tyler Louse blew the Clemson game and should never see the field again. Especially when he isnt as good as 5 or 6 other RB's on the roster.

That seems a little harsh. Matt Ryan threw three interceptions against Syracuse in 2004. Should he have never seen the field again?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:06 pm

For the record, at 7:43 left in the second quarter, 59:23 into the ESPN3 telecast, on 3rd and 13 (passing down) with the score 10-0 BC, the announcer says "Tyler Rouse, now the back," followed by a short guy in pads and wearing uniform #35 lined up next to Murphy who proceeds to run a 5-yard out pattern through the middle of the line of scrimmage.

I found this because it was the play after Callinan twisted himself into getting open and then lost on what should have been a TD bomb.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:23 pm

i can't believe you morons are getting trolled by this aliass account.

that is all
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:25 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i can't believe you morons are getting trolled by this aliass account.

that is all

I was just correcting bomber.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:27 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i can't believe you morons are getting trolled by this aliass account.

that is all

it's not b0mber... the posts aren't gay/ironic enough.

i don't know who it is (because my moderator powers blow trannies compared to the golden shower powers) but it's right up there with MOTO for obvious trolling is obvious
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:33 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

that is all

i don't know who it is (because my moderator powers blow trannies compared to the golden shower powers) but it's right up there with MOTO for obvious trolling is obvious

Sometimes an alias is so bad that it is more fun to play along. You're the 4th grader that runs into the kindergarten class yelling "Santa is not real!" when all the kindergartners are just trying to make their parents happy.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby mod6A on Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}: "Santa is not real!" .

content!
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:47 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

that is all

Sometimes an alias is so bad that it is more fun to play along. You're the 4th grader that runs into the kindergarten class yelling "Santa is not real!" when all the kindergartners are just trying to make their parents happy.

i've done this countless times, but typically it's while i'm at the mall at the cookie stand that overlooks santa's workshop.

tre, rhymes with no heart in me {l Wrote}:there is NO santa claus! over there, that's just a guy in a suit
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle216 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:16 pm

I love how he titles the thread "Stone Hands", when Mr. Rouse never even got his hands on the ball. Another inaccuracy in a thread filled with them by Señor NOT Awesome.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:25 pm

eagle216 {l Wrote}:I love how he titles the thread "Stone Hands", when Mr. Rouse never even got his hands on the ball. Another inaccuracy in a thread filled with them by Señor NOT Awesome.

I believe it was a reference to the ball in the Clemson game. If that somehow avoided his hands, it should say "No Hands"
twballgame9
BC Guy

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium