Virginia Tech week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Virginia Tech week

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:48 pm

VT opens as 5.5 pt favorite.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/lines
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Re: Virginia Tech week

Postby tailgater94 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:45 pm

whatever the under is, take it
tailgater94
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:08 pm

beautiful. morning start, bet we win by 7+.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCdee on Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:36 pm

You are going down Magical Lane Stadium! :elephant :angrychicken :elephant
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:58 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:beautiful. morning start, bet we win by 7+.

Depends if good BC or bad BC shows up. The bad one shows up there more often than not.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:03 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:beautiful. morning start, bet we win by 7+.

Depends if good BC or bad BC shows up. The bad one shows up there more often than not.

the bad vt now shows upper there more often than not
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagletx on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:41 am

I think this is a win we really need to get. Though any of the remaining games are winnable, it would be nice to lock down bowl eligibility this week. Its not like we are playing for any chance of some marquee bowl game, so maybe a win Saturday and everyone might play a little looser in the remaining three games, including the coordinators on both sides of the ball. Get win #6, and the rest of the season can become an experimental lab.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:46 am

this is a great opportunity to get a well played game in, get bowl eligible, and be really clicking when louisville comes here.

i think what makes me most happy about this season is it has gotten me back to my view of home games which is - we have a chance to beat anyone when were at home.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:43 am

Tech looks really vulnerable after Miami. Miami gashed them for 364 rushing (granted most of that was Duke Johnson). 2-1 down this Wake/Tech/L'ville stretch is very doable, potential is there for 3-0.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:19 am

[youtube] spaz saying "hip hip hooray" at bowl eligibility[/youtube]
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:29 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:[youtube] spaz saying "hip hip hooray" at bowl eligibility[/youtube]

Let's play what if.....what if BC wins three of last four (assume a loss to FSU), finishing 8-4. What bowl do you realistically see them being invited to?
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby eagle216 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:43 am

I can still see Foster playing 100 guys in the box, with press coverage on our "WRs", and completely shutting down our O. Would not be surprised if this happens, nor would I be surprised if we win this game. Both teams can be good and both teams can suck - and often they do it both in the same game.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:47 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:[youtube] spaz saying "hip hip hooray" at bowl eligibility[/youtube]

Let's play what if.....what if BC wins three of last four (assume a loss to FSU), finishing 8-4. What bowl do you realistically see them being invited to?

Detroit or Pinstripe, wont matter if they win 1 more or 3 more
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:15 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

i wouldn't count out the st. pete or shreveport either but i agree with the same pool of bowls whether we win 1 more or the rest of the games
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle216 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:36 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

i wouldn't count out the st. pete or shreveport either but i agree with the same pool of bowls whether we win 1 more or the rest of the games

Exactly - unless the dynamics of Bowl selection have changed, there is really no difference between 6-6 and 8-4.

I think a better question is do we have a chance to get ranked at 8-4? I say no. Do we get to be ranked at 7-3 going into FSU? I say no.

When was the last time we were ranked? :ugeek: please get back to me on this question.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:41 am

eagle216 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

Exactly - unless the dynamics of Bowl selection have changed, there is really no difference between 6-6 and 8-4.

I think a better question is do we have a chance to get ranked at 8-4? I say no. Do we get to be ranked at 7-3 going into FSU? I say no.

When was the last time we were ranked? :ugeek: please get back to me on this question.

Only way we get ranked is if we win out.

I met a rep from the Pinstripe Bowl last year who said they were pushing hard for a BC-ND matchup. Wouldn't be surprised if they go for us again (provided we're eligible). I think they recognize the draw BC would have in the tristate area and the northeast more generally.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:41 am

it sucks for the team, but id be at the pinstripe bowl if we went there
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle216 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:48 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:it sucks for the team, but id be at the pinstripe bowl if we went there

Yes for me also.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby basselope on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:59 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:I think this is a win we really need to get. Though any of the remaining games are winnable, it would be nice to lock down bowl eligibility this week. Its not like we are playing for any chance of some marquee bowl game, so maybe a win Saturday and everyone might play a little looser in the remaining three games, including the coordinators on both sides of the ball. Get win #6, and the rest of the season can become an experimental lab.

Will the students don white lab coats?
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:01 am

don brown hasnt proved himself to be the mad scientist spaz was yet. that time will come hopefully. only the best get that treatment
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:34 am

so at what stage do we start going for 2? we're hitting 81% of our PATs. Have to think given Chip Kelly 9.3, Murphy, Hilliman, etc we have a better than 40% chance of getting in from the 2
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:43 am

basselope {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:I think this is a win we really need to get. Though any of the remaining games are winnable, it would be nice to lock down bowl eligibility this week. Its not like we are playing for any chance of some marquee bowl game, so maybe a win Saturday and everyone might play a little looser in the remaining three games, including the coordinators on both sides of the ball. Get win #6, and the rest of the season can become an experimental lab.

Will the students don white lab coats?

the use of "don" earned this 5 points from me. savor the flavor, browns fan... these don't get awarded often
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:26 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

Only way we get ranked is if we win out.

I met a rep from the Pinstripe Bowl last year who said they were pushing hard for a BC-ND matchup. Wouldn't be surprised if they go for us again (provided we're eligible). I think they recognize the draw BC would have in the tristate area and the northeast more generally.

I'd go if we were in The Pinstripe Bowl.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby eagletx on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:57 am

eagle216 {l Wrote}:I can still see Foster playing 100 guys in the box, with press coverage on our "WRs", and completely shutting down our O. Would not be surprised if this happens, nor would I be surprised if we win this game. Both teams can be good and both teams can suck - and often they do it both in the same game.

I think you're right one one front. VT will load the box and dare Murphy to beat them through the air. Though I think in general VT is vulnerable, I am worried whether we have enough to beat them with an effective passing attack...I think this game as much as any will fall into Day' s lap to scheme. I see us winning by busting a couple of big plays once someone gets to second level, as opposed to controlling the game on the ground. Winning ugly.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby talon on Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:07 am

Is there any chance that the ACC will have too many bowl eligble teams and either the MAC or CUSA won't have enough? I'd like to go to the Popeye's Bowl in Nassau.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:56 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:I can still see Foster playing 100 guys in the box, with press coverage on our "WRs", and completely shutting down our O. Would not be surprised if this happens, nor would I be surprised if we win this game. Both teams can be good and both teams can suck - and often they do it both in the same game.

I think you're right one one front. VT will load the box and dare Murphy to beat them through the air. Though I think in general VT is vulnerable, I am worried whether we have enough to beat them with an effective passing attack...I think this game as much as any will fall into Day' s lap to scheme. I see us winning by busting a couple of big plays once someone gets to second level, as opposed to controlling the game on the ground. Winning ugly.

I imagine they will stack the box and try to gobble (pun intended) up the run and force us to pass, but I'm not overly concerned. Their pass defense leads the ACC, but their rush defense ranks 56th nationally, just in between Louisiana Monroe and North Texas. Duke Johnson just gashed them for something like 290 yards. I'm not saying Tyler Murphy or Jon Hilliman can do that, but VT will have their work cut out for them.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:02 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:

You basically described the Clemson game... which we lost in large part because when at least 3 of those big plays that broke failed to score (and some even to gain a yard) because the players didn't do the most basic part of the execution. Point being that this isn't necessarily a winning formula against VT.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:25 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

You basically described the Clemson game... which we lost in large part because when at least 3 of those big plays that broke failed to score (and some even to gain a yard) because the players didn't do the most basic part of the execution. Point being that this isn't necessarily a winning formula against VT.

VT's front 7 isn't in the same universe as that of Clemson.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:29 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
VT's front 7 isn't in the same universe as that of Clemson.

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:35 am

There's some brutal Stones lyrics butchering taking place on HockeyInterruption

What you might is sometimes, though, you get what you need. Or something.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium