Virginia Tech week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Virginia Tech week

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:33 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:There appeared to be plenty of empty seats on TV

According to their message boards, lowest attendance for VT since 1998

VT has better talent. DONT YOU READ RECRUITING RANKINGS!

Militant has always been one of my favorite posters.

The feeling is mutual. Your adversarial nature knows no bounds.

Let me know how many BC players will be drafted in 2015. But oh wait, let me guess, that probably doesn't mean anything.

If a team wins the national championship with all freshmen and sophomores, but has no one drafted, are they talented?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:07 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Let me know how many BC players will be drafted in 2015. But oh wait, let me guess, that probably doesn't mean anything.

If a team wins the national championship with all freshmen and sophomores, but has no one drafted, are they talented?

Which freshmen and sophomores, who got significant time on Saturday, will be drafted? Hilliman was injured and a non-factor.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:09 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Which freshmen and sophomores, who got significant time on Saturday, will be drafted? Hilliman was injured and a non-factor.

You want to know who from the entire team will be drafted? You mean as freshman, or would you like me to predict their development between 18 and 22?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:23 am

Meanwhile, over at HockeyRuption, they crapped on the announcers for mistakes including "Dan Brown" in a article where they call the VT QB "Michael Brewster," for the 30th time and link to the profile of a LB from Ohio State.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NotoriousOrange on Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:56 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Too early to tell from those two classes - but so far in addition to Hilliman I would say Kavelec has a decent shot.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:12 am

Just when I think the gameday threads cant reach a new low, i read this thread.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:36 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:This had a we won in spite of our coaches kind of feel to it. Bowl eligible now. It's like TOb never left.

1. Yes, the coaches are struggling, but you have to remember we have limited talent on both sides of the ball. Like, really limited.

2. Ryan Day was bad today, but the offensive line was worse. Like really horrible.

3. Don Brown had a particularly bad game again. D was dominating until he took the foot off the gas. But again the talent on defense is especially limited.

We are 6-3. Should be 8-1. BC football is fun again, even though stressful. Amazing the progress we have made in such short time.

What did you see that makes you say that? I understand that the scheme is more susceptible to the pass when you don't have great talent (which we don't). But I didn't see any laying off in the second half (last scoring drive excepted). I saw a lot of things - some pretty incredible catch and throws by VT, a fake punt, some terrible reffing (lots of no call holds on our blitzes, and that really egregious no whistle on the forward progress). But it didn't seem like the approach on those 2 drives (again, excepting the last one, where it definitely seemed like the D was trying to prevent a quick score rather than stop VT) was all that different from the rest of the game. I just saw a team that didn't get to the QB as effectively and was gassed.

It doesn't mean that DB is perfect, as I think his system is not going to fit well when you can't do great man coverage (and BC can't). But in these games where the D slips at the end of the game, I don't see the same conservative clam up that I see on the offense. This is an genuine question, if someone wants to show me what they are seeing that suggests that it's a changing scheme thing, then I'd really like to understand.

Has there even some sort of injury on VT? Because Wake's terrible D pitched a nice shutout against against Beamer's vaunted O.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Iggle on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:42 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Iggle {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:This had a we won in spite of our coaches kind of feel to it. Bowl eligible now. It's like TOb never left.

1. Yes, the coaches are struggling, but you have to remember we have limited talent on both sides of the ball. Like, really limited.

2. Ryan Day was bad today, but the offensive line was worse. Like really horrible.

3. Don Brown had a particularly bad game again. D was dominating until he took the foot off the gas. But again the talent on defense is especially limited.

We are 6-3. Should be 8-1. BC football is fun again, even though stressful. Amazing the progress we have made in such short time.

What did you see that makes you say that? I understand that the scheme is more susceptible to the pass when you don't have great talent (which we don't). But I didn't see any laying off in the second half (last scoring drive excepted). I saw a lot of things - some pretty incredible catch and throws by VT, a fake punt, some terrible reffing (lots of no call holds on our blitzes, and that really egregious no whistle on the forward progress). But it didn't seem like the approach on those 2 drives (again, excepting the last one, where it definitely seemed like the D was trying to prevent a quick score rather than stop VT) was all that different from the rest of the game. I just saw a team that didn't get to the QB as effectively and was gassed.

It doesn't mean that DB is perfect, as I think his system is not going to fit well when you can't do great man coverage (and BC can't). But in these games where the D slips at the end of the game, I don't see the same conservative clam up that I see on the offense. This is an genuine question, if someone wants to show me what they are seeing that suggests that it's a changing scheme thing, then I'd really like to understand.

Has there even some sort of injury on VT? Because Wake's terrible D pitched a nice shutout against against Beamer's vaunted O.

I'm just going to assume you quoted the wrong person, but it's nice to know how much you love this.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium