Will UNC get kicked OUT of the ACC?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Will UNC get kicked OUT of the ACC?

Postby talon on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:35 pm

Pretty convenient that UNC acknowledges all that academic fraud, but insists that nobody in the athletic department knew about it.

Yeah, right. And I'm the Queen of England.
talon
Cushing Hall

Re: Will UNC get kicked OUT of the ACC?

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:36 pm

talon {l Wrote}:Pretty convenient that UNC acknowledges all that academic fraud, but insists that nobody in the athletic department knew about it.

Yeah, right. And I'm the Queen of England.

I thought you were Bach
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:08 am

This academic fraud thing is either coming at the absolute worst time for UNC or the best.

1 of 2 things will happen here...

1) The NCAA, sensing its last, best chance to (re)establish its credentials as a guardian of student athlete virtue, reigns hellfire upon Chapel Hill by vacating the '05 National Title in basketball, vacating all wins across all sports dating back 18 years and instituting a minimum 2-3 year postseason ban across all sports along with the usual scholarship deductions.

or

2) With all the outside goings on related to the lawsuits having effectively neutered the NCAA enforcement committee for fear of having any action they take used against them down the road, the NCAA quietly accepts UNC's findings and any self imposed punishment, which will essentially amount to time already served and probation.

I'm leaning toward the latter. Nothing will happen.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby eagletx on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:17 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:This academic fraud thing is either coming at the absolute worst time for UNC or the best.

1 of 2 things will happen here...

1) The NCAA, sensing its last, best chance to (re)establish its credentials as a guardian of student athlete virtue, reigns hellfire upon Chapel Hill by vacating the '05 National Title in basketball, vacating all wins across all sports dating back 18 years and instituting a minimum 2-3 year postseason ban across all sports along with the usual scholarship deductions.

or

2) With all the outside goings on related to the lawsuits having effectively neutered the NCAA enforcement committee for fear of having any action they take used against them down the road, the NCAA quietly accepts UNC's findings and any self imposed punishment, which will essentially amount to time already served and probation.

I'm leaning toward the latter. Nothing will happen.

If NCAA goes light, it certainly would sound the death knell for their credibility. That said, the NCAA is in the uncomfortable position of not having discoverd this system in existence at UNC for close to 18 years during their own investigation 2 years ago:
In 2012 the NCAA hit UNC’s football program with a one-year postseason ban and reduced the number of available scholarships that could be used. Those sanctions came following an investigation into alleged academic issues related to tutors helping players against NCAA rules.....The NCAA may also have to explain how it failed to uncover at least some of the information discovered in this investigation.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:38 am

Does the mean BC can move from 31 to 30 in US New and World Report rankings.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby talon on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:39 am

talon
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:35 am

talon {l Wrote}:Image

sounds a little like a strds story
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby talon on Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:58 am

Best part about that Rosa Parks paper is that it's almost a word for word plagiarism of page 1 of Rosa Parks' autobiography:

http://www.amazon.com/Rosa-Parks-My-Story/dp/0141301201
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:17 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

I was expecting the last sentence to be: "And then the white police officers made teh juice with Rosa Parks. lol"
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:20 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

I was expecting the last sentence to be: "And then the white police officers made teh juice with Rosa Parks. lol"

They were free to shoot their guns and fly their ships
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:52 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

They were free to shoot their guns and fly their ships

and sit in teh seat
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:53 pm

I'm pretty sure that's a fake that was circulating around a few months back.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Irishriviera on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:25 pm

Does BC still offer "Religion in Africa" and "Christianity in Africa" as theology classes?
Irishriviera
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:29 pm

Christianity in Africa changed my life
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:48 pm

Irishriviera {l Wrote}:Does BC still offer "Religion in Africa" and "Christianity in Africa" as theology classes?

It has been replaced by "Ebola in Africa."
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:00 am

Irishriviera {l Wrote}:Does BC still offer "Religion in Africa" and "Christianity in Africa" as theology classes?

Prof. Lugira's class was legendary as an easy A class which was ironic because his pedigree as a teacher was very distinguished (Oxford, etc.) and he taught the class very seriously. It was actually interesting if you could understand what he was trying to express in lectures. IIRC the only requirements to getting a good grade was signing in at the beginning of class for a set number of classes and writing some sort of final paper.

Does anyone know if he is still alive and/or teaching? He was good man who greatly enhanced my gpa.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:47 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

Prof. Lugira's class was legendary as an easy A class which was ironic because his pedigree as a teacher was very distinguished (Oxford, etc.) and he taught the class very seriously. It was actually interesting if you could understand what he was trying to express in lectures. IIRC the only requirements to getting a good grade was signing in at the beginning of class for a set number of classes and writing some sort of final paper.

Does anyone know if he is still alive and/or teaching? He was good man who greatly enhanced my gpa.

I took it in 2011 i wanna say and he was still kicking

the signing in became spotty - he'd do it on random days to see who came on a consistent basis. which was no problem for me, i was all too happy to kill an hour on here (or was it EI at that point?) on my computer

his exams / papers were legendary...the format of the title / subtitles were more important than the comment. and my favorite was getting to the end, seeing the "A", and the only commentary being "Excellently Excellent". good times.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby GreenMountainEagle on Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:17 pm

If ND does not get kicked out of the ACC for the combination of Lizzy Seeberg raping, Declan Sullivan chundering, and general Everett Gholston cheating, UNC should not get it for some run of the mill academic fraud.
GreenMountainEagle
n00b

Postby eagletx on Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:11 am

UNC AD on Dan Patrick show was borderline comical.

From a "self-sanctioning" point of view, would anyone expect UNC upon any reasonable internal investigation, to vacate many BB wins and national titles, once it finds that their basketball team didn't attend class? Of course not.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium