Wake Week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Wake Week

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:03 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:have a wedding this weekend (fall weddings suck) that starts at 5

hoping the game is in hand by then

5 o'clock local time is 8 east coast time. enjoy your San Francisco gay wedding

it's in toughchester

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinio ... essibility

Hopefully that fat pussy wins his lawsuit and you can bring him as your plus one
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:51 am

Any chance we actually see D. Wade getting some solid minutes this year?

Is it just me or have we not had a coach actually make a priority of getting the young quarterbacks experience since like the TOB days? Wade is our starter next year, and so far in 6 games this year he's gotten only very minor garbage time against Maine and UMass. He definitely should've gotten minutes in the NCST game.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:58 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Any chance we actually see D. Wade getting some solid minutes this year?

Is it just me or have we not had a coach actually make a priority of getting the young quarterbacks experience since like the TOB days? Wade is our starter next year, and so far in 6 games this year he's gotten only very minor garbage time against Maine and UMass. He definitely should've gotten minutes in the NCST game.

It's just you.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:29 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Any chance we actually see D. Wade getting some solid minutes this year?

It's just you.

It's tough when your job depends on winnng games. Not saying that the kid can't do it, but the guy running the show is pretty good so far.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:34 pm

Does playing in garbage time in a few games in one season really make that much of a difference in the next season? Should Wade be brought in for high-leverage situations instead to prepare for next year?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:34 pm

BRING BACK THE 2ND QUARTER EXPERIMENT!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle216 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:38 pm

Ask yourself this - Other than TOB during a handful of years in the 90s-00s, has any major college or NFL coach ever put his back-up in the game for the sole purpose of giving the young man experience?
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:48 pm

eagle216 {l Wrote}:

Ask yourself this - Other than TOB during a handful of years in the 90s-00s, has any major college or NFL coach ever put his back-up in the game for the sole purpose of giving the young man experience?

Swinney was doing that with Deshaun Watson in the weeks leading up to their game versus FSU. But, no, you don't usually hear of coaches doing this.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:53 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:

Swinney was doing that with Deshaun Watson in the weeks leading up to their game versus FSU. But, no, you don't usually hear of coaches doing this.

In Clemson's case, I suspect that was because a change was anticipated. I've seen split duties before, but it is usually contrasting styles, or a resignation to the fact that neither is good. I've never seen a guy automatically give the younger guy snaps for experience when he won the seniority contest.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle216 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:05 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:

In Clemson's case, I suspect that was because a change was anticipated. I've seen split duties before, but it is usually contrasting styles, or a resignation to the fact that neither is good. I've never seen a guy automatically give the younger guy snaps for experience when he won the seniority contest.

Pretty much exactly the response I had to Foot's response to my post. The Clemson case, as ballgame says, was because Swinney was just getting him ready to take over, which is what happened. Other times the backup is put in for a spark, because the top guy is shitting the bed, or has a completely different style that is a better match-up that day. No one, to my knowledge, has ever just put the back up in solely to benefit the experience level of that kid.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:18 pm

Certainly no one is so rigid so as to do it in the first series of the 2nd quarter every game regardless of the flow of the game.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby tallsy on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:29 pm

Petrino used to do it in his first stint at Louisville with LeFors/Brohm. He even did it in the bowl game when LeFors was a senior, an early demonstration he's as much an asshole as he is a good football coach.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:42 pm

eagle216 {l Wrote}:

dabo isn't exactly a gameday coach you want to emulate either...
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:05 pm

eagle216 {l Wrote}:

Not sure if he was young or not, but back in the 80s, Don Shula would put in Don Strock and replace either Woodley or Marino(?)
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium