Wake Week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Wake Week

Postby angrychicken on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:46 am

basselope {l Wrote}:So for entertainment purpose only, what's the Wake line if Coach MadCow was still in control?

19. Bernie Kosar special.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby tallsy on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:34 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:was riley skinner a part of that dream? if so, was he wearing a cartoonie sausage, a cartoonie snake or an oversized speedo?

I'm sure Dee has seen the uncensored so you have to add that to the list of options.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:44 pm

tallsy {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:was riley skinner a part of that dream? if so, was he wearing a cartoonie sausage, a cartoonie snake or an oversized speedo?

I'm sure Dee has seen the uncensored so you have to add that to the list of options.

dee's a married woman that's grossed out by the meatbombs that claver and commavegarage post on this and other team's websites. i'm not convinced she's seen riley skinner with his helmet off
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hinghameagle on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:49 pm

I will say this because it was an underrated win in the history of BC football. But the Herzy two interception game where we won in Winston was so close to being the loss against which all other BC WTF losses are mentioned. ACC title was on the line, BC couldn't afford a loss. Wake did not move the ball at all. BC has a double digit lead, and BC gives it up on a blocked punt and a Dom Davis fumble.This was the Crane collarbone game. BC's defense was so dominating that day that BC would have been better off just kneeling on the ball after halftime. The ONLY way they could have lost that game was by screwing up on offense or special teams...and they did spectacularly. To win this game after all that BC had to have Wake's all time best kicker, Swank? miss a close to 50 yard field goal, have Dom Davis complete a virtual hail mary to Gunnell, who made a great catch, then have Robinson make a phenomenal catch on a tipped ball near the goal line...and finally BC gets in. Then holds off a 40 yard throw at the gun by Skinner into the end zone. A harrowing game. Was setting up for an unfathomable loss.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:52 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
tallsy {l Wrote}:

i'm not convinced she's seen riley skinner with his helmet off

So he's circumcised?
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:39 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
tallsy {l Wrote}:

i'm not convinced she's seen riley skinner with his helmet off

So he's circumcised?

yes
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby mod6A on Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:30 pm

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:I will say this because it was an underrated win in the history of BC football. But the Herzy two interception game where we won in Winston was so close to being the loss against which all other BC WTF losses are mentioned. ACC title was on the line, BC couldn't afford a loss. Wake did not move the ball at all. BC has a double digit lead, and BC gives it up on a blocked punt and a Dom Davis fumble.This was the Crane collarbone game. BC's defense was so dominating that day that BC would have been better off just kneeling on the ball after halftime. The ONLY way they could have lost that game was by screwing up on offense or special teams...and they did spectacularly. To win this game after all that BC had to have Wake's all time best kicker, Swank? miss a close to 50 yard field goal, have Dom Davis complete a virtual hail mary to Gunnell, who made a great catch, then have Robinson make a phenomenal catch on a tipped ball near the goal line...and finally BC gets in. Then holds off a 40 yard throw at the gun by Skinner into the end zone. A harrowing game. Was setting up for an unfathomable loss.

i liked the rainy game at alumni, when TOB thought the game was over and lost, so he pulled QP and put Ryan in for "garbage time". was the best 7 minutes of BC football since Glenn Foley was on the field.

was even more awesome the very next week when TOB started QP against unc. :bag :lame :bag

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:44 pm

mod6A {l Wrote}:
i liked the rainy game at alumni, when TOB thought the game was over and lost, so he pulled QP and put Ryan in for "garbage time". was the best 7 minutes of BC football since Glenn Foley was on the field.

was even more awesome the very next week when TOB started QP against unc. :bag :lame :bag

Thanks for the memories. All I need is for Mpo50 to show up and brag about QP's arm strength.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:03 pm

The amazing thing about that comeback was Wake still would have won the game had not their wide receiver pulled a Rouse and dropped a wide open sure touchdown on the right the sideline in the final seconds.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:11 pm

The amazing thing about the UNC game was the idiot Bunting wondering why the moron TOB didn't start Ryan
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle216 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:12 pm

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:I will say this because it was an underrated win in the history of BC football. But the Herzy two interception game where we won in Winston was so close to being the loss against which all other BC WTF losses are mentioned. ACC title was on the line, BC couldn't afford a loss. Wake did not move the ball at all. BC has a double digit lead, and BC gives it up on a blocked punt and a Dom Davis fumble.This was the Crane collarbone game. BC's defense was so dominating that day that BC would have been better off just kneeling on the ball after halftime. The ONLY way they could have lost that game was by screwing up on offense or special teams...and they did spectacularly. To win this game after all that BC had to have Wake's all time best kicker, Swank? miss a close to 50 yard field goal, have Dom Davis complete a virtual hail mary to Gunnell, who made a great catch, then have Robinson make a phenomenal catch on a tipped ball near the goal line...and finally BC gets in. Then holds off a 40 yard throw at the gun by Skinner into the end zone. A harrowing game. Was setting up for an unfathomable loss.

One of my favorite BC games of all time. Told you all you needed to know about Jags/Logan - they knew how to call and win a game. The drive to win it was one of the most unlikely moments in BC history. Prior to that, and since he came into the game for Crane, DD showed absolutely nothing to make you think that drive would happen. Had Crane not broke his collar bone, I think we would have beaten VPI in the 'ship. Crane was really playing well up until that point.

I know I am preaching to the choir, but so many of the best BC games of all time came in the 2 year Jags/Logan era. The FSU win down in Tally (Herbie all on our johnson that game; Logan with some new formations and plays to unleash Crane; the 8 minute drive where we called the same zone read every time, the TAINT); the Matty Ice win at VPI, the Matty Ice win at Clemson; the aforesaid Wake game.

Jags and Logan may have their faults and limitations, but give them 50 or so players and some film of their opponents and they will win much more often than they lose.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:50 pm

everything you say is correct about jags and logan but you can kinda take jags out of the equation. the plays/schemes were all logan... jags was just there to smile at the cameras and take the heat from the school administration
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:56 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:everything you say is correct about jags and logan but you can kinda take jags out of the equation. the plays/schemes were all logan... jags was just there to smile at the cameras and take the heat from the school administration

True... but who cares? Essentially, that's the formula Clemp has been using with Dabo (who is nothing but a glorified Recruiting Coordinator with two very competent (and well-paid) coordinators.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:59 pm

tallsy {l Wrote}:

dee's a married woman that's grossed out by the meatbombs that claver and commavegarage post on this and other team's websites. i'm not convinced she's seen riley skinner with his helmet off

Don't mess with Dee.

By the way, one of the best games EVAH was the BC-UM game in Alumni in October/November-ish 1991. Made serious cash that night.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:00 pm

That set of chompers had a lot of people believing in his schtick, fans and players alike.

They arrive at it in different ways, but Addazio has a similar appeal.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:03 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
tallsy {l Wrote}:

Don't mess with Dee.

By the way, one of the best games EVAH was the BC-UM game in Alumni in October/November-ish 1991. Made serious cash that night.

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:12 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

that took some serious balls. that team was NOT good and had no business being as close with miami as they were.

it was also a saturday before thanksgiving drunken shitshow
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:34 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The amazing thing about the UNC game was the idiot Bunting wondering why the moron TOB didn't start Ryan

Worst, most depressing game I personally attended. UNC was not a good team, and QP was completely ineffective, and still no sight of MR.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:51 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The amazing thing about the UNC game was the idiot Bunting wondering why the moron TOB didn't start Ryan

Worst, most depressing game I personally attended. UNC was not a good team, and QP was completely ineffective, and still no sight of MR.

That game was at UNC and Ryan played late - too late to make a difference. Late TD to Lester made it 16-14.

If I remember correctly, Nicks fumbled the opening KO, and then ran for a tD
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby mod6A on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:07 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
tallsy {l Wrote}:

Don't mess with Dee.

1- they handed out little "flip books" of the flutie pass that night. i wish i would have kept one.

2- i woke up in the hallway of cushing the next morning. the first and last time i ever drank southern comfort. :81

we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby JConman on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:43 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
tallsy {l Wrote}:

Don't mess with Dee.

That was the game that made you think Coughlin might be on to something.
I recall sitting in some makeshift bleachers that were set up behind the end zone for that game.
JConman
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:59 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

that took some serious balls. that team was NOT good and had no business being as close with miami as they were.

it was also a saturday before thanksgiving drunken shitshow

A drunken shitshow of Biblical proportions. That was the first night game at Alumni in years. They had to let students stand on the track.
One reason it was a close game was that their RB (MacGuire?) blewout his knee in the first half. They were more of a running team than passing team that season.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:02 am

I love the offense - "Foley, run like hell backwards to avoid getting killed and throw off your back foot into the end zone and hope it hangs up there long enough for someone to run under it."
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:04 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
tallsy {l Wrote}:

Don't mess with Dee.

Wow. That was the fall of my senior year. It was my last game as a student too. Lots of (fuzzy) memories from that night.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:24 pm

JConman {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
tallsy {l Wrote}:

Don't mess with Dee.

That was the game that made you think Coughlin might be on to something.
I recall sitting in some makeshift bleachers that were set up behind the end zone for that game.

Yeah, those makeshift bleachers were on the Plex side of Alumni!
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby eagletx on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:36 am

Is ACC game telecast in Albany NY and what channel?
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:40 am

fuck Albany, Albany sucks
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:42 am

have a wedding this weekend (fall weddings suck) that starts at 5

hoping the game is in hand by then
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:44 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:have a wedding this weekend (fall weddings suck) that starts at 5

5 o'clock local time is 8 east coast time. enjoy your San Francisco gay wedding
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:55 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:have a wedding this weekend (fall weddings suck) that starts at 5

5 o'clock local time is 8 east coast time. enjoy your San Francisco gay wedding

it's in toughchester
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George