Wake Week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Wake Week

Postby claver2010 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:34 am

Hard to believe the tyrant current in 1st place in the pick'em hasn't taken advatage of plastering riley skinner everywhere but anyway...

depth chart's out

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/bc/ ... _chart.pdf

only change that jumped out at me was seeing sherm on the KR return behind willis, does this mean no more of dudeck playing cop?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Wake Week

Postby talon on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:37 am

I think BC will win.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby BCdee on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:49 am

BOOM!! :flagus

BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:50 am

i won't post riley skinner until one of the ladies here asks for it. with hansen in aslandia, campion fighting with teddy, and claver still "it's complicated"-ing with that fat pussy there aren't as many people here to appreciate it

EDIT - i guess dee issued her formal request
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:19 pm

Is Wake really bad enough to be double digit underdogs to BC at home, or is Vegas overrating the Moral Victory over Clemson (sans Watson) from this past weekend?

I suppose Vegas is looking at BC and figuring that Wake isn't one of the teams that can slow down this option.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCdee on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:26 pm

I think we'll win, but not sure we will cover.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:44 pm

vegas doesn't know anything about wake other than that they are spaz year 4 bad. that's why it will be funny to me when rcc loses to wake yet again

two touchdowns is a lot of points for this offense. i don't like the 12 pt spread in the slightest...
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:55 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:vegas doesn't know anything about wake other than that they are spaz year 4 bad. that's why it will be funny to me when rcc loses to wake yet again

two touchdowns is a lot of points for this offense. i don't like the 12 pt spread in the slightest...

Wake is one of the worst offenses we will face this year. However, their D is pretty good. Daz pretty much said as much on his weekly call. I don't see us beating them by a dozen. Like I said last week vs. Watson-less Clemp (stupid Monmouth Raceway not being opened yet)... I like the under in this game.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:08 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:...stupid Monmouth Raceway not being opened yet...

so they are really going to go through with that? i may need to get some of my brothers to stop hating me... for entertainment purposes.

are they going to allow one-game points/money line bets or will it be all shitty parlays like delaware?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:22 pm

I want to entertainment purposes only on Wake at that spread, but gut is telling me Wake won't be any better than NCSU
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:26 pm

i smell 27-10 bc. i.e. sweating out a cover
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:30 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:i smell 27-10 bc. i.e. sweating out a cover

Yeah, me too. That's the problem. Was hoping it would be closer to the TD that the NCSU spread should have been - thinking things may have swung the other way after the past two games.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:37 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:...stupid Monmouth Raceway not being opened yet...

so they are really going to go through with that? i may need to get some of my brothers to stop hating me... for entertainment purposes.

are they going to allow one-game points/money line bets or will it be all shitty parlays like delaware?

I think it is still a moving target. But, I believe they are supposed to have regular one-game points/money line bets. Monmouth Raceway opened a crappy sports bar in the hopes of this day would come. That is why they will be the first to roll it out. However, it should be noted that every professional sport (including the NCAA) has filed an injunction today to stop The Dirty Jerz from being free.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:47 pm

Unless it gets overturned on appeal this week Monmouth Park will be taking bets this Sunday. Doors open at 10AM.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:49 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Yeah, me too. That's the problem. Was hoping it would be closer to the TD that the NCSU spread should have been - thinking things may have swung the other way after the past two games.

BC will win by at least 20 points. Book it.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby tallsy on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:23 pm

Wake's offense is so bad that they're not even asking for Riley to come back, they'd settle for the cartoon snake.

This team is roughly UMass level.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:35 pm

Wake's offense is hideous, but their defense can keep this game respectable. I can see them shutting Bc's offense down in the red zone, and then watching us play field goal roulette. My fear is that this is one of those games where Bc has 450 yards of offense, and Wake has 137, yet they have the ball down 10-6 with 2 minutes left and I am urinating blood.

Another question, Dazz loves to reference BC being a young team. the tv announcers love to reference every member of the oline and the qb being graduates. So is Bc a veteran team or a young team. Because I could see this being the game where the storyline is" Young Eagles overlook gritty Deacons".

Bc is coming off of a very physical and emotional game with Clemson, and now faces a team that appears to be terrible, and BC has had circled as a win since the schedule came out. These are the type of games that terrify me.

By the way, is that Italian wide receiver for Wake who has been playing for the last 7 years still there or is he gone.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:44 pm

I think the answer to your vet/young question is both. We have some seasoned vets on the OL and on D, but the rest of the team are new. The announcers for the Clemson game said something like BC is the youngest team in the ACC with 48 players in their 1st or 2nd year in the program.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:49 pm

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:By the way, is that Italian wide receiver for Wake who has been playing for the last 7 years still there or is he gone.

He's gone. He's actually been getting playing time for the Ravens.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:51 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
hinghameagle {l Wrote}:By the way, is that Italian wide receiver for Wake who has been playing for the last 7 years still there or is he gone.

He's gone. He's actually been getting playing time for the Ravens.

He had 16 catches for 123 yards and 3 TDs in the 2012 game. Spaz gave his fellow dago a career day (I can say that because I date an Italian).
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:01 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I think the answer to your vet/young question is both. We have some seasoned vets on the OL and on D, but the rest of the team are new. The announcers for the Clemson game said something like BC is the youngest team in the ACC with 48 players in their 1st or 2nd year in the program.

Further to this point, they took 30 freshmen to Rolly Community College
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:14 pm

I'm going to assume they are worse than NCST and BC will be pissed after Clemson. BC by a lot
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby mod6A on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:40 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

BC will win by at least 20 points. Book it.

booked.

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby basselope on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:00 pm

So for entertainment purpose only, what's the Wake line if Coach MadCow was still in control?
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:08 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:So for entertainment purpose only, what's the Wake line if Coach MadCow was still in control?

pick'em.

the over/under would be 3.5
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Bunratty on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:05 pm

[quote="hinghameagle"]Another question, Dazz loves to reference BC being a young team. the tv announcers love to reference every member of the oline and the qb being graduates. So is Bc a veteran team or a young team. Because I could see this being the game where the storyline is" Young Eagles overlook gritty Deacons".

Actually, this "young team" mantra is pretty inaccurate. The team has:

15 5th year grad students
14 seniors
19 juniors

Yeah, we have a lot of frosh, but most of the snaps are being taken by the group above.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby talon on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:09 pm

Oh, Christ. I just remembered that since this is Wake Week, the BCI women's hockey puck fucks will be hysterically pretending like the BC-Wake Forest Rivalry is bigger than Michigan-Ohio State, Auburn-Alabama, Army-Navy and Rutgers-UConn rivalries combined.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:18 pm

The fact that tubasteak, or anyone for that matter is obsessed with college women's hockey, especially after graduating, is disturbing
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCdee on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:30 am

I had a dream last night that we lost to Wake 24-20. :spaz2

Glad it was just a dream. Go :screamyeagle s!
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:31 am

was riley skinner a part of that dream? if so, was he wearing a cartoonie sausage, a cartoonie snake or an oversized speedo?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium