Official Gameday Thread - BC vs. Clemson - 10/18/2014

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thread - BC vs. Clemson - 10/18/2014

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:11 am

I'm still pissed about this game should anyone care.

This was the gift of the century to Clemson.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:22 am

Agreed, that one stung.

Wake is obviously a must win.

Re the 3rd down not sure if it's talent (where ACC teams have the athletes to just let them beat our CBs 1 on 1 while our pressure outside of Keyes doesn't get home) or if it's scheme. Didn't Yukon fans bitch about Don Brown's inability to get off the field?

Watched a little bit of the replay last night, still not sure why that wasn't a safety when BC had Stout wrapped up in the endzone and he chucked it with no receiver within 10 yards of the ball. Again, granted I have absolutely zero faith we would be able to execute a FG with the game on the line.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:34 am

Drives me crazy that Dudeck stands next to Willis on kickoffs and gives him the red/green light. Dudeck should be up the field blocking, and let Willis decide if he wants to bring it out or not.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:52 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Drives me crazy that Dudeck stands next to Willis on kickoffs and gives him the red/green light. Dudeck should be up the field blocking, and let Willis decide if he wants to bring it out or not.

dudeck should be standing next to his friends in the student section
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby 31southst on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:21 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Wake is obviously a must win.

Definitely agree and I saw we opened as a 12 point road favorite. Given how we've looked so far this year, I think winning Wake/Cuse/one more should be expected. I thought 6-6 would be successful at the start of the year but that would be disappointing given where we are now.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:24 am

I was unable to watch the game, but just watched a clip of the Rouse drop and am now a little nauseous.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:26 am

I will say, it's nice to think for the first time in years that we have a chance to win every game.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:32 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Re the 3rd down not sure if it's talent (where ACC teams have the athletes to just let them beat our CBs 1 on 1 while our pressure outside of Keyes doesn't get home) or if it's scheme. Didn't Yukon fans bitch about Don Brown's inability to get off the field?

It's both.

Spaz was the king of being unable to get off the field on 3rd-and-long. It was a hallmark of his time at the Heights. That was all scheme (lining up the DBs 15 yards off the line of scrimmage and never blitzing). The rare years we had a DLine that could pressure with the the front 4 (think Kiwi) were the only ones Spaz wasn't giving big 3rd downs. Third Down Donnie Brown stays on the field for different scheme reasons. Those schemes basically highlight the talent deficiencies we have in the defensive backfield regarding man-to-man coverage. If we had SEC-like talent, the scheme would be much better. However, we don't and it tends to be exploited on obvious passing downs. Which... again... raises the oft-asked question around here... why the eff are teams still trying to run on us instead of passing at will?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:37 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I'm still pissed about this game should anyone care.

I give credit to Daz for this. I had become oblivious to BC sports. My apathy knew no bounds. Still being crushed by the loss days later is a major accomplishment by Dazoo.

In the few quotes I've seen, Daz sounded just as crushed. It's great to know he cares (quite the opposite of the TOB/Spaz years). But, he needs to get the team over the loss. When you ride emotion, it is sometimes a double-edged sword. The staff's goal this week is to make sure that Clemson (or Rouse's drop) doesn't beat them twice.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby whalepants on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:38 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
whalepants {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:also for your weekly report of shea:

cars start driving on at 1230...they weren't opening any gates til after 1, despite "having wristbands allows you on 20 min into tailgating"

if they let 50 non wristbands on shea i think that'd be a high estimate

line to get on via wristband was over an hour long.

while i was walking on campus a team ops guy asked me what the deal is with the wristbands. ool.

reality is, when you're giving everyone on campus 3 hours to tailgate except for that zone where you give 1 hr 45 mins or so, you're gonna have people linger until they are forcibly removed.

theres gotta be a greater force at work here, because bates has done so much worse than gene ever did in this space, which really is contradictory to everything else he's done.

(insert im a loser because i like tailgating on grass & having open flame comments)

I did not see the 30min rule enforced at all. It was the best tailgate atmosphere in years.
The wrist band thing was done in response to the 2012 ND game where they estimated there were over 16,000 people on Shea.

It was also the worst Fucking first quarter crowd for a big game in years. Terrible fans.

I love it when some hayseed SUNY Oneonta man from Herkimer lectures us on how to be good alumni.

Down in Front!

Never funny. #gallopinglentobservation

You're really bringing the heat now, Mohawk.

Down in Front!
whalepants
Carney Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:45 am

Hi all, back from Boston. Looks like everything I was going to post about has pretty much been covered in this thread, so I won't rehash all.

I knew Clemson travels well but I was shocked at how much Orange there was in the upper Eastern sideline seats. That was by far the most visiting fans I've ever seen in Alumni.

Met Chip Kelly in the stands, which was pretty cool. Anyone know where he lives year-round?

I assume he was not there getting new offensive ideas from Ryan Day. :o
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:59 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:Hi all, back from Boston. Looks like everything I was going to post about has pretty much been covered in this thread, so I won't rehash all.

I knew Clemson travels well but I was shocked at how much Orange there was in the upper Eastern sideline seats. That was by far the most visiting fans I've ever seen in Alumni.

Met Chip Kelly in the stands, which was pretty cool. Anyone know where he lives year-round?

I assume he was not there getting new offensive ideas from Ryan Day. :o

Did you ask him how he feels now that the protégé has become the mentor?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:10 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:...Met Chip Kelly in the stands, which was pretty cool. Anyone know where he lives year-round? ...

were you sad that he got creeped out by your "you don't need a swim suit in MY hot tub"
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:15 am

whalepants {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
whalepants {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:also for your weekly report of shea:

cars start driving on at 1230...they weren't opening any gates til after 1, despite "having wristbands allows you on 20 min into tailgating"

if they let 50 non wristbands on shea i think that'd be a high estimate

line to get on via wristband was over an hour long.

while i was walking on campus a team ops guy asked me what the deal is with the wristbands. ool.

reality is, when you're giving everyone on campus 3 hours to tailgate except for that zone where you give 1 hr 45 mins or so, you're gonna have people linger until they are forcibly removed.

theres gotta be a greater force at work here, because bates has done so much worse than gene ever did in this space, which really is contradictory to everything else he's done.

(insert im a loser because i like tailgating on grass & having open flame comments)

I did not see the 30min rule enforced at all. It was the best tailgate atmosphere in years.
The wrist band thing was done in response to the 2012 ND game where they estimated there were over 16,000 people on Shea.

It was also the worst Fucking first quarter crowd for a big game in years. Terrible fans.

I love it when some hayseed SUNY Oneonta man from Herkimer lectures us on how to be good alumni.

Down in Front!

Never funny. #gallopinglentobservation

You're really bringing the heat now, Mohawk.

Down in Front!

If the heat gets too hot, take off the Notre Dame Starter jacket.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium