Clemson Fans

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Clemson Fans

Postby commavegarage on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:15 am

in fairness to the nerds (but not an excuse). the ncaa has to do something about halftimes.

they are double the amount of time of the nfl. sitting around for 25-30 minutes blows

worst part of it all is the length guarantees exposure for our shitty band. my goodness they are awful.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:21 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:in fairness to the nerds (but not an excuse). the ncaa has to do something about halftimes.

they are double the amount of time of the nfl. sitting around for 25-30 minutes blows

worst part of it all is the length guarantees exposure for our shitty band. my goodness they are awful.

Halftime is actually only 20 mins long (NFL is 12).
I know this because I have to watch all games of TV this year, I hate to watch halftime shows, and I set my watch every week so that I don't miss the start of the third.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:24 am

it says 20 min, but its not that from 0:00 to kick off. its probably closer to 25-28

IRregardless, its 66% longer than the nfl and that is not necessary

i know its because of the tubasteak crowd, but they dont need any more attention than they already get.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:36 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:in fairness to the nerds (but not an excuse). the ncaa has to do something about halftimes.

They play well, they just can't do it while walking. They either stop playing well or they walk poorly
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:47 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

Halftime is actually only 20 mins long (NFL is 12).
I know this because I have to watch all games of TV this year, I hate to watch halftime shows, and I set my watch every week so that I don't miss the start of the third.

this post solidifies that we need to review the cut-off year for nerdification.

also, if they would put a pissah up in the eo section, it would be the perfect alumni seating. it really is a pain in the ass (or bladder, as it were) to get to the bathroom from up there. i remember my first game up there, after wake went up 14-0, i just about urinated my new p&b whalepants trying to find the squirtatorium
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:50 am

that was a great game. correct me if im wrong, that was the game where logan kept running the play that was called as an illegal formation but it wasnt an illegal formation right?

good times.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:56 pm

Spent the whole tailgate talking up the team to my friends, and then they go down 14-0. I felt like the biggest asshole.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:59 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Spent the whole tailgate talking up the team to my friends, and then they go down 14-0. I felt like the biggest asshole.

Best part of that game was that 85% of BC fans didn't even see the shitty part of the game.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:11 pm

pick 6 was the first play of the game no?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:14 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:pick 6 was the first play of the game no?

After the opening kick off, yes. That corner was very good - Smith maybe?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle216 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:20 pm

The receiving talent on that team, while not up to NFL standards, was so much better than what we have now its unbelievable. I remember back then BC fans complaining (rightfully for the most part) about how our receivers are not good enough, they can't get separation vs good ACC DBs etc. We never would have guessed the direction the talent when afterwards.

Imagine having Megwa, Gonzalez and Robinson now?
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:22 pm

those wr's were so so bad
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Spent the whole tailgate talking up the team to my friends, and then they go down 14-0. I felt like the biggest asshole.

Best part of that game was that 85% of BC fans didn't even see the shitty part of the game.

i was in my seat and turned to one of my brothers at the game with me and said "all we need is a positive play to start this game and the season will be underway" and BAM!!!! pick 6.

they added this to the list of reasons that they hate me but then removed it after logan put the team back in the lead
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:34 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

i was in my seat and turned to one of my brothers at the game with me and said "all we need is a positive play to start this game and the season will be underway" and BAM!!!! pick 6.

they added this to the list of reasons that they hate me but then removed it after logan put the team back in the lead

There was a great quote from that game about Jags freaking out and Logan telling him they had it under control
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:46 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Yeah. Me and the boys actually laughed about that last Easter. Good times.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:55 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

There was a great quote from that game about Jags freaking out and Logan telling him they had it under control

i don't remember it word for word but it was something along the lines of "don't worry jags, we've got this under control. now let me get back to my ipod and zinfindel"
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium