Clemson Fans

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Clemson Fans

Postby gamer5252 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:11 pm

This is going back 8 years or so... Day started off walking into Mary Annes to a crowded Orange mass of Clemson fans for pre-game... It was a great atmosphere, no hostility, just people enjoying cock-tails on a beautiful September day...There was no trash-talking, just comraderie with our new ACC rivals... Me and my friend then made the trek to the stadium and of course we were thirsty as we approached the stadium.. a beautiful blonde girl and an older gentleman wearing Clemson shirts were standing near a pole near the baseball field with a twelve pack of busch. I asked if he we could buy a couple and the young lady said, "no, but you can have a couple for free if you shot-gun a couple with us." Me and my friend shot-gunned two beers each, we shook hands with them and then entered the stadium... Every year since, I hope Clemson goes 11-1... of course unless BC is in contention
gamer5252
n00b

Re: Clemson Fans

Postby BCdee on Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:17 pm

Clemson people are pretty great :) :elephant
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:23 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:Clemson people are pretty great :) :elephant

What are their general feelings about the game Saturday? Do they expect to win or are they dejected over the QB situation?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCdee on Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:35 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

What are their general feelings about the game Saturday? Do they expect to win or are they dejected over the QB situation?

I was in the car for a few hours today, so I got to listen to local sports radio. The radio show hosts are very scared of our game. They said they don't care if it is an ugly 1 point win...they will be relieved to get out of there with the W. They were raving about our O-line and how it always seems that we have a bunch of experienced 23 year olds. They want to see their D-line vs. our O-line and think it will be a battle. They mentioned our running attack and how many different formations we run out of...that it's scary and hard to defend. They were all talking about a low scoring defensive game....17 to 13-ish. One of the hosts was saying he played Shipping Up to Boston about 40 times this week....they all love the Boston accent and any Ben Affleck/Matt Damon Boston based movie. They also said if anyone is going, to go get some great seafood. They said that Phil Steele was on their show yesterday and he predicted a 2 TD win by Clemson, but they don't think that's the case.

My husband thinks it's going to be really close game. Without Watson, he's very concerned. Cole Stoudt has a sprained AC joint in his non-throwing shoulder. They might throw in a little wildcat action with RB Adam Choice.

PS - Clemson's O-line is being held together by duck tape. They've had a lot of injuries.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:09 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

I was in the car for a few hours today, so I got to listen to local sports radio. The radio show hosts are very scared of our game. They said they don't care if it is an ugly 1 point win...they will be relieved to get out of there with the W. They were raving about our O-line and how it always seems that we have a bunch of experienced 23 year olds. They want to see their D-line vs. our O-line and think it will be a battle. They mentioned our running attack and how many different formations we run out of...that it's scary and hard to defend. They were all talking about a low scoring defensive game....17 to 13-ish. One of the hosts was saying he played Shipping Up to Boston about 40 times this week....they all love the Boston accent and any Ben Affleck/Matt Damon Boston based movie. They also said if anyone is going, to go get some great seafood. They said that Phil Steele was on their show yesterday and he predicted a 2 TD win by Clemson, but they don't think that's the case.

My husband thinks it's going to be really close game. Without Watson, he's very concerned. Cole Stoudt has a sprained AC joint in his non-throwing shoulder. They might throw in a little wildcat action with RB Adam Choice.

PS - Clemson's O-line is being held together by duck tape. They've had a lot of injuries.

clean up on aisle nospace

love when clemson comes to alumni

heading down there next fall too :banana
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:32 pm

they're here...

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bcshater on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:45 pm

Many years ago attend BC vs. Clemson game in Alumni when just the lower bowl was in place and just before the expansion. This was, I think, the year after Clemson won the National Championship when Fridge Perry was on the team. Anyway a buddy of mine and I sat right smack in the middle of the Clemson section. Man that was a lot of fun and the Clemson fans treated us just great. BC won that game BTW.

I was really pulling for Clemson against FSU but they self-destructed.

Who has a better kicking game BC or Clemson? Both kicking games need improvement.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:49 pm

For those of us who own the official BC pant from Pennington and Bailes it should be noted that the idea came from seeing all the amazing purple and orange pants that converged on the Heights in the fall of 2006. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:32 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:For those of us who own the official BC pant from Pennington and Bailes it should be noted that the idea came from seeing all the amazing purple and orange pants that converged on the Heights in the fall of 2006. :ace

I remember. I also remember those jerks went home sad, like today
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:49 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:For those of us who own the official BC pant from Pennington and Bailes it should be noted that the idea came from seeing all the amazing purple and orange pants that converged on the Heights in the fall of 2006. :ace

I am currently wearing mine in a cracker barrel in CT. Drive up is hell today on 95.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:52 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

I am currently wearing mine in a cracker barrel in CT. Drive up is hell today on 95.

I left Bryn Mawr at 5:30 a.m. Saturday morning, and yes, the traffic was surprisingly bad by the time I got to NY City and then up through Conn. Damn construction.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby shockdoct on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:54 am

Which route are you guys taking?

On Saturday morning, it is usually fine if you take the Hutch/Merritt to 91 and then one maneuver to avoid the Charter Oak Bridge in Hartford. By taking Hutch/Merritt, you might briefly sit in traffic before the 287 interchange, but you avoid all the construction on 95 between Stamford and Fairfield and the normal New Haven interchange mess.
With the head of the Charles this weekend, I could see there being a backup at the newton exits, but it is probably quicker to take 95 to Route 9.

For the way home on Sunday, the mass pike is usually without traffic with a departure before noon, but if there is the normal backup on the 90/84 interchange, just get off the Mass Pike (either exit 10 or 10A) and take route 20 to 84.
Although after yet another miserable Sunday drive through CT on both 95 and the Merritt/Hutch, I am just going to start taking 84 to 684.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:23 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:Which route are you guys taking?

On Saturday morning, it is usually fine if you take the Hutch/Merritt to 91 and then one maneuver to avoid the Charter Oak Bridge in Hartford. By taking Hutch/Merritt, you might briefly sit in traffic before the 287 interchange, but you avoid all the construction on 95 between Stamford and Fairfield and the normal New Haven interchange mess.
With the head of the Charles this weekend, I could see there being a backup at the newton exits, but it is probably quicker to take 95 to Route 9.

For the way home on Sunday, the mass pike is usually without traffic with a departure before noon, but if there is the normal backup on the 90/84 interchange, just get off the Mass Pike (either exit 10 or 10A) and take route 20 to 84.
Although after yet another miserable Sunday drive through CT on both 95 and the Merritt/Hutch, I am just going to start taking 84 to 684.

Over the years I have taken each route you mention. I prefer the Hutch/Merritt route, but sometimes I have to stick with 95 because I stop at my buddy's house - he lives just off 95 near the Mass./RI border - and bring him up too. This was one of those times. Once I got out of southwestern CT all was good.

I made fantastic time on the way home - 4 hours 30 minutes from just north of Providence to Bryn Mawr.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby shockdoct on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:39 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:

Over the years I have taken each route you mention. I prefer the Hutch/Merritt route, but sometimes I have to stick with 95 because I stop at my buddy's house - he lives just off 95 near the Mass./RI border - and bring him up too. This was one of those times. Once I got out of southwestern CT all was good.

I made fantastic time on the way home - 4 hours 30 minutes from just north of Providence to Bryn Mawr.

Hutch/Merritt route is definitely the way to go with all of the 95 construction, but you just have to keep an eye on a traffic app as one accident on the 2 lane road creates absolute gridlock.

On Sunday, I have found with a departure between 11 and 12 that you can sail back to the city without traffic. As with the USC game, I left the south end closer to 1:00 yesterday and 95/15 were brutal even using shortcuts.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:42 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:

Hutch/Merritt route is definitely the way to go with all of the 95 construction, but you just have to keep an eye on a traffic app as one accident on the 2 lane road creates absolute gridlock.

On Sunday, I have found with a departure between 11 and 12 that you can sail back to the city without traffic. As with the USC game, I left the south end closer to 1:00 yesterday and 95/15 were brutal even using shortcuts.

I should have mentioed I seft Sunday morning at 6:00 a.m. I like to hit the highway early.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:59 pm

Which side of Manhattan are you travelling to? When I go Boston to NYC/West side anywhere, I go 684/Saw Mill/Henry Hudson. But I like to live dangerously.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby shockdoct on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:38 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Which side of Manhattan are you travelling to? When I go Boston to NYC/West side anywhere, I go 684/Saw Mill/Henry Hudson. But I like to live dangerously.

I am going to Brooklyn via 3rd ave bridge/FDR. Assuming there isn't an accident on the FDR, that route is smooth sailing once you get on 278.
Issue with Henry Hudson on a Sunday is you have to deal with GWB and/or tunnel traffic and I would anyways still have to travel cross town at some point.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:42 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Which side of Manhattan are you travelling to? When I go Boston to NYC/West side anywhere, I go 684/Saw Mill/Henry Hudson. But I like to live dangerously.

I am going to Brooklyn via 3rd ave bridge/FDR. Assuming there isn't an accident on the FDR, that route is smooth sailing once you get on 278.
Issue with Henry Hudson on a Sunday is you have to deal with GWB and/or tunnel traffic and I would anyways still have to travel cross town at some point.

Nope, my route would be terrible for hipster land. Hutch
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby shockdoct on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:

I wear my skinny jeans under my whalepants.

One alternative route I have discovered for heading north is 87 to the Cross County to the Hutch. Allows you to avoid all the people taking 95 across the GWB.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:20 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:

I wear my skinny jeans under my whalepants.

One alternative route I have discovered for heading north is 87 to the Cross County to the Hutch. Allows you to avoid all the people taking 95 across the GWB.

Hutch to 684 to 84. Hartford isn't that bad anymore unless you hit it at rush hour. And if you really want to hit Hartford on 91 instead of 84 for some reason, cut over 691 from Southington to Meriden
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:17 pm

Saw over at BCI that they said our fans were fantastic. I'm curious what game he attended. Was it the one where the students show up late and most the other fans don't cheer for the first 3.5 quarters?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:14 am

the students have sucked this year outside of USC
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:04 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:the students have sucked this year outside of USC

they are too busy making videos of gay ass songs
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:17 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

they are too busy making videos of gay ass songs

CSU was absolutely brutal. I was not at Clemson.

Section K, the "young alumni" section was good for USC, but has been terrible since. Everyone has "assigned seats" but it turns into the same free for all as the student section. I have not had an enjoyable experience in that section since USC and I am not a "down in front" type. I may just try to get into the stadium and find some open seats in the upper decks for Louisville.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:52 am

Clemson, the fans were brutal all around. Just awful. Except for the Clemson fans, they were good.

No worries, though, have another beer, grab a dog. Nothing happens in the first or fourth quarters anyway.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:04 am

i've never done the young alumni section mainly cause the view sucks

you should join the eo section in the upper deck endzone above the band / student section. don't get 'down in fronted'.

only negative is you have to walk downstairs for the bathroom
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:12 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i've never done the young alumni section mainly cause the view sucks

you should join the eo section in the upper deck endzone above the band / student section. don't get 'down in fronted'.

The eo section is awesome also because you usually can stretch out.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:23 am

They did a decent job getting to Gillette for the UMass game. My biggest knock on the students this year is the astounding number I see leaving at halftime while I'm waiting in line to take my halftime piss in the men's room next to Gate B.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:54 am

correct they were also good for the umass game
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:01 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i've never done the young alumni section mainly cause the view sucks

My old tickets were up in Section KK. I think we're going to sit in the upper deck moving forward, just use our actual tickets to get into the game. I'll try the EO section for Louisville.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium