2016 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2016 Recruiting Thread

Postby ILikeBC on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:19 pm

Dalton's twitter banner is no longer Alumni. 100% not mad about losing him, if we do. Get me some defense.

Edit: Dalton is just not a difference maker. Any kid with his whore-ish recruiting attitude, who wants everything to come to him and all the attention, can go to whatever sleazebag school (cough: Rutgers) he wants.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:26 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:Dalton's twitter banner is no longer Alumni. 100% not mad about losing him, if we do. Get me some defense.

They're in good shape for a bunch of other TEs. I'd prefer he stays but if he leaves its not a huge deal.

The DE from GA sounds wobbly also
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:28 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:Dalton's twitter banner is no longer Alumni. 100% not mad about losing him, if we do. Get me some defense.

They're in good shape for a bunch of other TEs. I'd prefer he stays but if he leaves its not a huge deal.

The DE from GA sounds wobbly also

I fully trust that Daz's 3rd class will have ample talent to backup and grow under the massive first 2.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:29 pm

Edit: Dalton is just not a difference maker. Any kid with his whore-ish recruiting attitude, who wants everything to come to him and all the attention, can go to whatever sleazebag school (cough: Rutgers) he wants.

I read today that the Alabama staff is very high on him.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:30 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I read today that the Alabama staff is very high on him.

I wouldn't be high on a kid who got shut down by Duxbury, and made 1 nice catch. Danny would never see the field there.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:30 pm

BC is in good shape for the TE from St. X in cincy, Noah Davis, who while not having a Bama offer, has a really solid offer sheet including Iowa, Nebraska, Kentucky, Pitt, Purdue and Arkansas. If Dalton drops, they will be in a good spot to backfill with a player who, as of now, has a more complete offer sheet and is probably of at least equal talent.

On Dalton, nothing has been said so anyone posting that they think hes flipping has no inside info, they're just throwing sh*t against the wall. Whatever the RU cheerleader Todd Hunt puts on twitter has to be taken with a grain of salt. I still dont see how anyone would flip to Rutgers but so be it should it happen.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/35864/for-marshfields-dalton-it-always-comes-back-to-bc

"Today I just woke up and thought to myself, ‘Why take this process on any longer?’,” said the 6-foot-5, 235-pound Dalton, who gave a verbal commitment to Boston College on Monday. “Because I knew that no matter how many other schools I visited, it was always going to come down to...I was always going to realize BC was the place for me.

“Even if I had offers from, you name the school, it was going to come back to Boston College because of everything they offered as far as education and athletics.”
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby QuailMan on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:57 pm

What happened to the narrative on here that rivals was wrong saying Dalton didn't have a commitable offer from Alabama (he's now considering rutgers lol) and that the other kid didn't have a commitable offer from BC (still has not committed after visiting).
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:37 am

He just received an offer from Rutgers today... only his second Big 5 offer. This coming weeks after claiming he had a Bama offer. Given the reflexive nature of recruiting, I have to assume that if the Bama offer was real, he would've been flooded with interest by now.

At this point, it's up to Daz to figure out what to do. The kid seems to be a talent and Daz's early recruits are usually his best each class. So, telling him to screw doesn't necessarily serve a purpose. That said, I would aggressively pursue a replacement. And, if one is ready to commit, pull the offer from Dalton.

His interest in Rutgers is telling. There is no decision process that should lead him to RU unless that is his only Big 5 offer. The program isn't in good shape, the academics suck, the campus is a trainwreck. RU is having trouble recruiting Jerz kids and they just lost Fridge (an important fact for a TE recruit).

Dalton and Morais are soft verbals at best. However, I'm more disappointed that Blackmon didn't firm things up this weekend. When we have verbals talking up other programs, it's bizarre to be turning away interest from a legit DB recruit who loves the program.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:23 am

HJS {l Wrote}:He just received an offer from Rutgers today... only his second Big 5 offer. This coming weeks after claiming he had a Bama offer. Given the reflexive nature of recruiting, I have to assume that if the Bama offer was real, he would've been flooded with interest by now.

At this point, it's up to Daz to figure out what to do. The kid seems to be a talent and Daz's early recruits are usually his best each class. So, telling him to screw doesn't necessarily serve a purpose. That said, I would aggressively pursue a replacement. And, if one is ready to commit, pull the offer from Dalton.

His interest in Rutgers is telling. There is no decision process that should lead him to RU unless that is his only Big 5 offer. The program isn't in good shape, the academics suck, the campus is a trainwreck. RU is having trouble recruiting Jerz kids and they just lost Fridge (an important fact for a TE recruit).

Dalton and Morais are soft verbals at best. However, I'm more disappointed that Blackmon didn't firm things up this weekend. When we have verbals talking up other programs, it's bizarre to be turning away interest from a legit DB recruit who loves the program.

Venture over to the Alabama message board. The offer is real. Auburn is also getting involved, just not as publicly.

Blackmon is committed, there's a video on scout.com saying as much. Why Rivals or wherever else doesn't want to acknowledge it I have no clue
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:08 am

Anthony Brown, QB from St John Vianney Regional in Holmdel NJ received an offer yesterday

Other offers from Syracuse, Wake and Northwestern. Listed as a 4* on 247, 3* on rivals. Think he's another jersey guy close to Hilliman
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:17 am

Sounds like BC is about to move on from Dalton.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:23 am

Where in the world was Danny Dalton on Saturday?

If you answered "At Penn State, looking to gin up an offer from them...", you are correct.

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2015/03/what_recruits_were_at_penn_sta.html
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby BCdee on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:55 am

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:Where in the world was Danny Dalton on Saturday?

If you answered "At Penn State, looking to gin up an offer from them...", you are correct.

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2015/03/what_recruits_were_at_penn_sta.html

BUH-BYE...don't let the door hit you on the way out!
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:11 am

You see this a lot with basketball recruits and although it may seem counterintuitive, much of the time the guys who commit earliest aren't the ones who are most in love with the school, it's the ones who are in love with getting attention. I would venture it's not long until we get a report that this kid has "re-opened" his commitment - and he intends to take all of his official visits.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby 31southst on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:31 am

Given limited spots and the fact that we have a bunch of other quality TE prospects to the point that it's likely we won't be able to take everyone, I'm fine with replacing Dalton.

Also, sounds like Anthony Brown is favoring BC and wants to make his decision by the end of April.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:00 pm

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:Where in the world was Danny Dalton on Saturday?

The number of pics published from this recruiting weekend up there is creepy as fuck. Not that I expect anything less from Pedd State at this point.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:03 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:Given limited spots and the fact that we have a bunch of other quality TE prospects to the point that it's likely we won't be able to take everyone, I'm fine with replacing Dalton.

Also, sounds like Anthony Brown is favoring BC and wants to make his decision by the end of April.

I'd love to to keep Dalton based on the fact that he is good.

The QB from NJ would be awesome.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby trackcoach on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:17 pm

Per his twitter, Dalton just de-committed .
trackcoach
n00b

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:19 pm

Good. Don't need a diva who thinks he's the #1 player in the nation. Kid can whore himself out to whoever. No pretty boys please and thank you.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:29 pm

Really weird, but it is what it is. Addazio will backfill this spot with someone of equal ability. If he ends up at Bama, whatever, what can you do. If he ends up at Rutgers, gotta say im surprised that someone would make such an awful life/football decision as Rutgers is a downgrade in all aspects.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby footer20 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:37 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Really weird, but it is what it is. Addazio will backfill this spot with someone of equal ability. If he ends up at Bama, whatever, what can you do. If he ends up at Rutgers, gotta say im surprised that someone would make such an awful life/football decision as Rutgers is a downgrade in all aspects.

To be fair, Marsh Vegas is the Rutgers of the South Shore
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby StratEagle on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 pm

footer20 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Really weird, but it is what it is. Addazio will backfill this spot with someone of equal ability. If he ends up at Bama, whatever, what can you do. If he ends up at Rutgers, gotta say im surprised that someone would make such an awful life/football decision as Rutgers is a downgrade in all aspects.

To be fair, Marsh Vegas is the Rutgers of the South Shore

:kudos

Fucking Vegas scumbags, never trust em'
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCdee on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:54 pm

BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:10 pm

He stays committed with a Bama "offer" but decommits after Rutgers? Seriously? Not even Rutgers fans can come up with a legitimate reason a local MA kid should chose Rutgers over BC. Kid has talent but is a drama queen. See ya later.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:10 am

Assuming this class looks to backfill another pure TE in Daltons place, a few names to keep an eye on are ..

Luke Farrell (6'6 235lb, 4*) from Perry HS in Perry, OH. Final 4 of BC, Ohio State, ND and Ped St (and possibly Michigan State, it is also unclear if ND has offered). Frye is his lead recruiter, believe he is visiting April 7
Noah Davis ( 6'5 230lb) from St. X in Cincinnati, OH. Offers include BC, Arkansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Kentucky, Pitt. Visiting April 10.
Ray Marten (6'4 225lb) from Poly Prep in Brooklyn, NY. Offers from BC, Rutgers and Cuse with interest from ND and Ped St
Sean McKeon (6'5 225lb) from Shepherd Hill Regional in Worcester. Same school as Chris Lindstrom. No major offers yet

Jay Rose (6'3 230lb) from Southington HS in Southington, CT. Originally offered as TE but staff may have also extended an offer as a QB. Has a decent offer sheet including Maryland, NCSU, Wake, West Virginia and Pitt. Unsure as to the position that other schools have offered as.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:41 am

My take away with Dalton is that the staff was able to identify a Big 5 recruit in an uber shitty FB area. He wasn't even someone who was a star player (as evidenced by Duxbury shutting him down). He hasn't camped yet or done the combine circuit (which is the reason I question the Bama offer).

All the players listed above have the same chance of success as Dalton (a player many thought was evidence that the staff was already on B-level players).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:43 am

Next time that clown MilitantEagle decides to point out I say players suck, take a gander at the crap above about Dalton.

Again I'd prefer he stay because apparently he is good
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:20 am

I'd take two kids out of a proven football talent haven (Ohio) over some standout player in MA any day of the week.
Hope we land the ST X kid... we've had great success with that school thus far.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:26 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Next time that clown MilitantEagle decides to point out I say players suck, take a gander at the crap above about Dalton.

Again I'd prefer he stay because apparently he is good

Saying kids from Ohio with Ohio State offers is likely as good as a kid from Marshfield who only picked up an RU offer after he visited, is somehow slamming a kid?

Even for others in this thread who are saying "buh-bye" and good riddance, it's a huge difference calling a current player or commit garbage than saying we are better off not having a player who doesn't want to be here. Daz has done a great job keeping these classes together. Part of that is fostering a family atmosphere... one which players and commits become close and unwhittingly recruit each other to stay committed. Dalton (like Chris Clark last year) does not seem to be the type of person who would further such an atmosphere.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:32 am

Clicked the link to his twitter page

Doesn't seem like the type of kid your average BC kid is when every tweet is about how he's an Alabama top TE prospect.

Which is fine. There's more than one way to get to Wall St.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium