2016 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2016 Recruiting Thread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:45 pm

while we don't know all the facts, i think its best we all speculate as hard as moj has.

i bet he's somewhat cooled on bc because he realizes the students and alumni are mostly nerds that get all butthurt about links to pictures of linuses.

thanks, pussies
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:01 pm

Rivals gives Dalton and Ragan 2* each.

Does this guy go here?

ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:41 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:Rivals gives Dalton and Ragan 2* each.

Does this guy go here?

Pffffft, like there is even such a thing as a negative star.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:47 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:Hopefully this is something minor and he visits in the spring/his commitment is accepted. Weird turn of events though.

That never happens. Usually, when weirdness happens, it spoils the relationship. It is especially true when someone is on BC's Rivals page saying the kid isn't a take (which implies that he either isn't good enough or isn't smart enough). Rowland or Hoffses (or whoever is pumping the not a take angle) is doing BC no favors. I'm sure they think they are helping the staff (in a you-didn't-break-up-with-me-I-broke-up-with-you meme). But, BC would have a MUCH better chance landing the kid if the news out there was similar to what 247 stated... that BC is in excellent position but it isn't a done deal yet (kid still hasn't even visited the campus).

I agree with this completely. This no take thing is a horrible spin regardless of who is behind it.

Apparently, there is an article on Rivals now clarifying that BC has a process, wants Blackmon to be a part of the class, but requires players to visit and/or meet Addazio. If that is all it is, it is pretty irresponsible to say that Blackmon "is not a take" or that he tried to commit but was rejected. It sure as hell wouldn't be hard to say that Blackmon gave a soft commitment to BC, but the coaches would like him to visit and make it official.

I think BC is going to lose this kid, and it is going to be the fault of some bungling EA "writers". The ramifications of this is that the coaches will likely freeze out Rivals.

At least he didn't use the word "committable"
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby NaturalLight on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:04 am

Koby Quansah just got another Crystal Ball vote for BC, and the -1 star ranking that comes with that. :screamyeagle
NaturalLight
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:00 pm

Is Ronnie Blackmon related to Will Blackmon ? I read on a syracuse message board that Ronnie is originally from Rhode Island (Will Blackmon played at Hendricken in RI)

Also, I read that BC offered Jasen Rose as a QB and pushed for him to commit during Junior Day. Was invited to the Elite 11 thing that Dilfer runs (I assume a regional qualifier, not the finals) and wont be making a decision untill the summer. BC had originally offered him as a TE, would have to think if they got him on campus, he would be a prime candidate to switch positions at some point after being given a chance at QB (much like what could happen with Robinson/Smith/Flutie if they dont work out at QB).
Last edited by BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:28 pm

Would love to see the staff land Quansah and Morgenstern.

Also, the Rivals rankings of Dalton and Ragan as 2* is laughable. If Ragan commits to Miami he magically becomes a better prospect. Dalton's tape is impressive and I have little doubt would be getting additional FBS offers. Wasn't Landry a 2* when he committed to BC and then got bumped up to 4* after OSU and the entire SEC offered :laugh Hope to see this class ranked in the top 25, which for Rivals would mean ranking BC in top 40. That being said, I still prefer Rivals over Scout (who doesn't even seem to know our mascot).
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:37 am

NaturalLight {l Wrote}:Koby Quansah just got another Crystal Ball vote for BC, and the -1 star ranking that comes with that. :screamyeagle

I saw this on 247 the star drop was rather funny.

Harrington picked up a Wisconsin offer
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:38 am

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:Would love to see the staff land Quansah and Morgenstern.

Also, the Rivals rankings of Dalton and Ragan as 2* is laughable. If Ragan commits to Miami he magically becomes a better prospect. Dalton's tape is impressive and I have little doubt would be getting additional FBS offers. Wasn't Landry a 2* when he committed to BC and then got bumped up to 4* after OSU and the entire SEC offered :laugh Hope to see this class ranked in the top 25, which for Rivals would mean ranking BC in top 40. That being said, I still prefer Rivals over Scout (who doesn't even seem to know our mascot).

If Ragan commits to Miami he is a high 3/low 4 star.

Just be happy we are landing kids other ACC schools also want
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:42 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Is Ronnie Blackmon related to Will Blackmon ? I read on a syracuse message board that Ronnie is originally from Rhode Island (Will Blackmon played at Hendricken in RI)

Also, I read that BC offered Jasen Rose as a QB and pushed for him to commit during Junior Day. Was invited to the Elite 11 thing that Dilfer runs (I assume a regional qualifier, not the finals) and wont be making a decision untill the summer. BC had originally offered him as a TE, would have to think if they got him on campus, he would be a prime candidate to switch positions at some point after being given a chance at QB (much like what could happen with Robinson/Smith/Flutie if they dont work out at QB).

Is Rose like Tim Tebow 2.0? If he commits I am trademarking that name.

WVU, NCST, UMD, Iowa and Cuse are who we are competing with. Sorry UConn
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 25GeraldRd on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:13 am

Quansah, Morgenstern, Rose, Harrington - seems like CT is pretty deep this year. Any other guys at the level of those 4?
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:29 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Is Ronnie Blackmon related to Will Blackmon ? I read on a syracuse message board that Ronnie is originally from Rhode Island (Will Blackmon played at Hendricken in RI)

Is Rose like Tim Tebow 2.0? If he commits I am trademarking that name.

WVU, NCST, UMD, Iowa and Cuse are who we are competing with. Sorry UConn

We already at Tebow 2.0. He'd be 3.0
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby 31southst on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:36 am

25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:Quansah, Morgenstern, Rose, Harrington - seems like CT is pretty deep this year. Any other guys at the level of those 4?

Lucas Niang is an OL that goes to Zach Allen's HS. We haven't offered but PSU, Rutgers, Cuse, and VT have. Also Isiah Wright is an ATH and teammates with Quansah with offers from BC, Ohio St., Rutgers, and Cuse.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:00 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Also, I read that BC offered Jasen Rose as a QB and pushed for him to commit during Junior Day. Was invited to the Elite 11 thing that Dilfer runs (I assume a regional qualifier, not the finals) and wont be making a decision untill the summer. BC had originally offered him as a TE, would have to think if they got him on campus, he would be a prime candidate to switch positions at some point after being given a chance at QB (much like what could happen with Robinson/Smith/Flutie if they dont work out at QB).

This staff has earned my trust when it comes to player evaluations. However, if this kid wants to be recruited as a QB, he needs to remove his Hudl videos. After watching them, I understood why folks were looking at him as a TE.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1871351/hig ... 8700377/v2
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1871351/hig ... 0069399/v2
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:16 am

31southst {l Wrote}:
25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:Quansah, Morgenstern, Rose, Harrington - seems like CT is pretty deep this year. Any other guys at the level of those 4?

Lucas Niang is an OL that goes to Zach Allen's HS. We haven't offered but PSU, Rutgers, Cuse, and VT have. Also Isiah Wright is an ATH and teammates with Quansah with offers from BC, Ohio St., Rutgers, and Cuse.

I think Niang would have been offered already were this last year where we took a larger OL class (especially because Addazio is very close to the HC at NC). If you look at CT and Mass, there are a number of OL guys that could be in play (Ragan, Niang, Eddy Fish from Lawrence Academy and Seyoum Settepani from Cheshire Academy).

CT on a whole is actually quite deep this year. Many of the private/prep schools are starting to produce talent. Could honestly see the large majority of the top players being offered with BC in good shape (with the exception of the QB from Quansah/Wrights school). Tahj Herring is another CT name to keep an eye one, right now just a Yukon offer, but could see others get involved later, plays DB at Suffield Academy where Wilkins went. I think BC, Clemson and Maryland have all expressed interest.

As for Quansah, I think BC is in a good spot as long as tOSU doesn't offer. He seems to be have been a big OSU fan growing up and if they offered I think it would be tough to keep him. Kind of strange that OSU would offer Wright from his school and not Quansah
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:48 am

Anyone here anything about Jonathan Derulos of Brockton? He won the Mass and New England indoor 55 (finished second to Torres last year), but doesn't seem to have any offers.

Could be a good at track / bad at football guy but SPEED.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:43 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:Anyone here anything about Jonathan Derulos of Brockton? He won the Mass and New England indoor 55 (finished second to Torres last year), but doesn't seem to have any offers.

English, use it.

I think you meant to say:

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby NJM89 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:53 am

Koby Quansah visiting for the second time in as many months has to be a good sign.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:43 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:Anyone here anything about Jonathan Derulos of Brockton? He won the Mass and New England indoor 55 (finished second to Torres last year), but doesn't seem to have any offers.

English, use it.

I think you meant to say:

Yes yes, early monday morning, please forgive.

by apologizing to hansen you just enrolled yourself in the hansen school of getting told to shut up.

shut up, higgi
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:19 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Image

except for the backdoor one you allowed hansen through your apology
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:12 pm

A poster on TOS says dalton says he got a bama offer on Twitter.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:43 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:A poster on TOS says dalton says he got a bama offer on Twitter.

@danny_dalton22: Received an offer from the University of Alabama tonight!
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:26 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:A poster on TOS says dalton says he got a bama offer on Twitter.

@danny_dalton22: Received an offer from the University of Alabama tonight!

Wait, but I thought he was a two star recruit?

As I said before Alabama offered, Ragan and Dalton being ranked two stars is laughable and this further goes to show how pathetic the recruiting services are.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:44 pm

Danny Dalton, offer list:

BC
UMASS
Bama.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: fuck you rivals
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby StratEagle on Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:51 pm

Never thought I'd see Bama recruiting in MarshVegas. Bet Farrell and his gang of hip lovers "reevaluate" his tape overnight and give him the extra star.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:56 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:Never thought I'd see Bama recruiting in MarshVegas. Bet Farrell and his gang of hip lovers "reevaluate" his tape overnight and give him the extra star.

Extra 3 stars Mitch
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:03 am

Guess we'll find out how true this statement was ...

“Even if I had offers from, you name the school, it was going to come back to Boston College because of everything they offered as far as education and athletics.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/35864/for-marshfields-dalton-it-always-comes-back-to-bc
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:16 am

as usual, i trust daz's ability to evaluate talent better than tgosb

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:19 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:as usual, i trust daz's ability to evaluate talent better than tgosb

This.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:24 am

farrell was too busy begging rivals to let him start recruiting 3rd graders to notice him
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium